barryp's 'Advanced Pipe Training Levels' Competition

Advertise your levels, contests, sites etc.

Moderator: Moporators

barryp
Kuski
Team: CMR

barryp's 'Advanced Pipe Training Levels' Competition

Post by barryp »

Hello my fellow elma compatriots. Have you been enjoying the excellent recent packs such as ANID and BZK, but are also acutely aware that there is something missing? Something that you can't quite put your finger on, but it is there lingering in the background like tinnitus or an old dog fart? Well, I've figured it out. The problem is, is that all the levels were NOT PIPES. That's right, the minimal piping that has been done this summer due to such 'norm' level packs is starting to affect your spirit, your psyche, your very soul.

But do not worry! Dr. barry is here to help. Because I'm a super awesome dude, I have decided to rescue you all and prescribe a pack of 30 pipe levels for you guys to compete in. The pack is called ’Advanced Pipe Training Levels’ (or 'APTL' for short) and will be live for 6 weeks between 10th July 2022 and 21st August 2022. All levels will be available for download on the elma online website upon the release date at: https://elma.online/levels/packs/APTL

The pack has a wide selection of different pipe-types included in it. All are under 45s long, but that is probably where the similarities end. Some are straight, some are curvy, some are fast, some are slow, some are forwards, some are backwards, some are brutaly, some are bouncy, some are up, some are down, some are wide, some are tight, some are grassed, some are not, some took +12h to make, some took <10m to make.

Because of the above statement, the scoring system for this pack will be based on the ‘King list’ results that can be viewed in elma.online when the pack goes live. I have chosen this scoring mechanism as there will be some levels that you enjoy, and some that you may not. I don’t want to force anyone into hours of hoyl in a level you do not enjoy to secure best total time, so hopefully this way makes it ez-er and more enjoyable to compete. Times will be shown to all, and players will be visible so if you are not hoyling with a teammate, be sure to switch yourself to 'hidden' otherwise you will be sharing your styles with nabs.

There will be no overall prize for best points total, other than bragging rights and being named King of APTL. However, i will be providing a $30 cash prize for the best rec submitted. This does not necessarily have to be the fastest rec (although this usually will make me most impressed) but it could be something ridiculous. If i am struggling to decide which is best, I may open this up to the public and decide via a poll after the event. I am not accepting TAS recs for this prize, it has to be done on a live run. Go make me go 'WTF?!!?"

Finally, there will be a video made after we are done, so please save your best recs and I will collect them when the fighting is over and all our fingers are finished.

Do shout below if you want any further information or just want to discuss. I am also reachable on discord (prolly more active there tbh).

All the best, Dr. b.pie x
#pieordie
I usually would if I could, but I can't, so I won't. Pipes rule. Get over it. :beer:
Mrrrr
Kuski
Team: BAP

Re: barryp's 'Advanced Pipe Training Levels' Competition

Post by Mrrrr »

Stoked! :player_a:

Great idea Barry. I really needed this! :beer:
Been playing random mawpis in the past days wishing for a pipe sorta cup, and here it is!

Counting the days!
RiP Mawane ((
RiP Devin ((
wtf mans?!
tej
Kuski

Post by tej »

Cool
sierra
39mins club

Post by sierra »

pipe
[OMG] | [SpEF] | Apparently my TT was once 39:26:06
barryp
Kuski

Post by barryp »

** APTL Mood Board **

bp x

#pieordie
I usually would if I could, but I can't, so I won't. Pipes rule. Get over it. :beer:
tej
Kuski

Post by tej »

:x 3 more days
Pocho
Kuski

Post by Pocho »

I'm looking forward to fail miserably.

I'm sure it will be an awesome event tho :D :beer: