Level Review Topic

Advertise your levels, contests, sites etc.

Moderator: Moporators

Wezz
Kuski

Post by Wezz »

.h
Last edited by Wezz on 12 Dec 2004, 21:13, edited 1 time in total.
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

Pipeworks.......by Wezz

Playability : 5/10
First pipe is nice, last is kinda ok, but middle part sucks a bit, with those poles who don't nice character to this level. I can't use them as some grip point, and they're just in the way.

Visuality : 6.5
OKay, you understood the elements of a good level, but you have a slightly bad executing of it. You should experiment more with less of it.
It's a formula, don't use too much of it. There's sometimes things in it which aren't needed. Just practise on that.

Overall : 5.5
It's a level which I can't play for more than 15 minutes, and that's a bad sign. Not so good, but I can see a beginning! :wink:
Wezz
Kuski

Post by Wezz »

Thank you, i think i take it to me, and use it to levels in the future....................not to be.......you know......But i have one level more......hehe

www.freewebs.com/elmakuski/lev.ZIP

Wezz............... :)
Last edited by Wezz on 22 Dec 2004, 19:22, edited 1 time in total.
The_BoneLESS
38mins club
Team: HHIT

Post by The_BoneLESS »

Aim High by Juble

Playability : 9.9/10

WOW, the flow of the level is just perfect. So much fun, i played it for half an hour straight after the download. I found the level pretty good until i found some nice styles then, it became fantastic. Every obstacle has a clean, fast way to clear and lots and lots of styles are possible. Very nice to see some excellent levels these days.

Visually : 8.7 / 10

As usual, everything seems in place. The pictures are well placed, the grass has a nice thickness, colors are enjoyable, but still, nothing out of the ordinary.

Overall : 9.4 / 10

Simply great

Best time : 00;38;04 ( http://www.mxb.dk/upload2/JB03Bone.rec )

- BoneLESS [HHIT]
Website || TT:38:05:33 || WC5:15th || HHIT for life || 9th world wide ... BAP is next
Wezz
Kuski

Post by Wezz »

Are this topic broken or something, whats going on??
Wezz 1-100 Levels - PTL pack - ADLP Pack - CR Pack - My Website - Team Website - Proud member of TEM - DONT WANT A ELMA 2!!! My internal TT: 45:xx:xx - Team TEM TT: 39:xx:xx Image
The_BoneLESS
38mins club

Post by The_BoneLESS »

Wezz wrote:Are this topic broken or something, whats going on??
What do you mean ?

Post some levels and people will maybe review it :?
Website || TT:38:05:33 || WC5:15th || HHIT for life || 9th world wide ... BAP is next
Juski
Kuski

Post by Juski »

The_BoneLESS wrote:
Wezz wrote:Are this topic broken or something, whats going on??
What do you mean ?

Post some levels and people will maybe review it :?

He have you know
No regrets Image
Are you LOST?
The_BoneLESS
38mins club

Post by The_BoneLESS »

Juski wrote:He have you know
I know, but still, why does he ask if it's broken... ?

The topic works fine :? :?:
Juski
Kuski

Post by Juski »

The_BoneLESS wrote:
Juski wrote:He have you know
I know, but still, why does he ask if it's broken... ?

The topic works fine :? :?:
The link works fine, and he asks because none reviews his level?
No regrets Image
Are you LOST?
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

Wezz, don't exspect that we just instantly go play your levs.

1. Maybe people are just tired of elma for a while
2. Maybe people don't like to play externals anymore
3. Maybe people didn't like your other levs, and don't exspect huge improvements
4. Maybe people aren't keen on watching this topic 24/7
5. Maybe people don't feel like rating your lev bad, so not playing at all

All I really want to say, is that you mustn't BEG, it's annoying!
Juble
Hat tricker

Post by Juble »

tijsjoris wrote: Pipeworks.......by Wezz
moposite May 2003 LOM wrote: 1. D0305L01 Pipe Works Juble [PP]

be more creative with your names, thats some advice for you wezz :lol:
dz
first 39tt
Team: FM

Post by dz »

well if he didn't saw your levname then he was exactly as creative as you was :D
GrunKolo
Kuski

Post by GrunKolo »

arh, someone, review my level:

http://www.videoen.frac.dk/j0k025.lev

Communion And the Oracle by j0k

thank you.
Fuck Counter-Strike :x
Wezz
Kuski

Post by Wezz »

To tijsjoris:
Well, you can say what you want, but the level has got huge improvements!
Wezz 1-100 Levels - PTL pack - ADLP Pack - CR Pack - My Website - Team Website - Proud member of TEM - DONT WANT A ELMA 2!!! My internal TT: 45:xx:xx - Team TEM TT: 39:xx:xx Image
The_BoneLESS
38mins club

Post by The_BoneLESS »

You shall awake by Juble

Playability : 5.0 or 10 / 10
( let me explain )

- If you are n00bish, the level won't be playable. Some very hard tricks to nail a good time. Some solid hanging, hard brutal volt, pipe driving and some overall good driving habilities. This level will make you swear, get angry and maybe cry...
- If you are a professionnal, the level will look a little easier. The tricks are very enjoyable. Good difficulty. I was there at the battle and just one guy made the brutal volt in the beginning. Lots and lots of styles.

Visually : 8.7 / 10

One word : Juble

Overall : 9.1 / 10

Juble has always been one of my favorite designer and his levels just prove it. This level is fun, beautiful and playable. If you got some skillz, you may find the level excellent !

My best time : 00;41;54

- BoneLESS [HHIT]
The_BoneLESS
38mins club

Post by The_BoneLESS »

Communion and the oracle by j0k

Playability : 6.4 / 10

First, the start is pretty annoying. It is not very difficult but it kinda gets annoying after a while. Then, the level becomes better but after 10-15 seconds, the vertical path is a little disturbing. After that, the level is quite ok. There's a pretty tight pipe but, extremely short so, not very hard. Finally, the end is quite nice. One thing, i would have prefered that the "secret area" at the top of the first part would have been a shortcut, i mean, no apple to take at the bottom left part.

Visually : 8.1 / 10

That is were the level gets better. The grass is very nicely made, it goes to the end of every polygons without getting messy on the walls. Pictures are well placed through the level and not in abuse. But, nothing innovative...

Overall : 7.0 / 10

A nice little level to play but, i couldn't spend more than 20 minutes on it. Not in the bad way but, you don't get hooked on the level.

- BoneLESS [HHIT]
Wezz
Kuski

Post by Wezz »

Boomer
39mins club
Team: LOS

Post by Boomer »

BoneLESS, could you please upload the levels, that you reviewed? Or maybe post a link to the levels...
Team LOS website

<jaytea> uh milk was invented in 1966
-
<teh_mila> bah, fucked up nice labpro ride cause i almost fell of the chair:)
GrunKolo
Kuski

Post by GrunKolo »

The_BoneLESS wrote:Communion and the oracle by j0k

Playability : 6.4 / 10

First, the start is pretty annoying. It is not very difficult but it kinda gets annoying after a while. Then, the level becomes better but after 10-15 seconds, the vertical path is a little disturbing. After that, the level is quite ok. There's a pretty tight pipe but, extremely short so, not very hard. Finally, the end is quite nice. One thing, i would have prefered that the "secret area" at the top of the first part would have been a shortcut, i mean, no apple to take at the bottom left part.

Visually : 8.1 / 10

That is were the level gets better. The grass is very nicely made, it goes to the end of every polygons without getting messy on the walls. Pictures are well placed through the level and not in abuse. But, nothing innovative...

Overall : 7.0 / 10

A nice little level to play but, i couldn't spend more than 20 minutes on it. Not in the bad way but, you don't get hooked on the level.

- BoneLESS [HHIT]
billion thx, BoneLESS! :)
Fuck Counter-Strike :x
The_BoneLESS
38mins club

Post by The_BoneLESS »

Boomer wrote:BoneLESS, could you please upload the levels, that you reviewed? Or maybe post a link to the levels...
All the levels i reviewed are in the past posts...

Anyway :

Communion and the oracle by j0k : http://www.mxb.dk/upload2/j0k025.lev
You Shall Awake by Juble : http://www.mxb.dk/upload2/Jb01.lev
Aim High by Juble : http://www.mxb.dk/upload2/Jb03.lev
Uncle Mutant by 8-Ball : http://www.mxb.dk/upload2/ULP10.lev
Anorexia by AtmaWeapon : http://www.mxb.dk/upload2/atma002.lev
SleepWalker by AtmaWeapon : http://www.mxb.dk/upload2/atma001.lev
Basic Commando Course by Juble : http://www.mxb.dk/upload2/Juble001.lev
The Stairway by Labratkid : http://www.mxb.dk/upload2/1lab1.lev
The Trooper by Juble : http://www.mxb.dk/upload2/JBZ10.lev

Levels i lost, maybe they are still available in the other pages of the thread...

Centauri by Halcyon ( Link doesn't work anymore )
Railness by Halcyon ( Link doesn't work anymore )
Tricky Topography by Westy ( Link doesn't work anymore )
Boomer
39mins club
Team: LOS

Post by Boomer »

I must have missed that, then. But thanks anyway.
Team LOS website

<jaytea> uh milk was invented in 1966
-
<teh_mila> bah, fucked up nice labpro ride cause i almost fell of the chair:)
Wezz
Kuski

Post by Wezz »

Juble
Hat tricker

Post by Juble »

Sweet, Sweet, Garden By Wezz

Well when first looking at this level, I saw it was a moderately longer level than I expected, not because of the size but the way you have to slow down to execute tricks, especially at the end ;(. The start was alot more enjoyable than all the other parts. Why was it the best part? ....well it looked like you lost motivation near the end with badly placed stone3 textures(1),'rushed' gameplay, since the start looked and played better(lovely volting ;), using multiple ground textures can make the level look pretty bad, in some cases it looks great but not in yours. The grass is pretty even all through the level which is the upside of the level. I would suggest you should be more patience with your levels, carefully look at little detials and some parts could be more linier. I would call it "Volt, Slow, Garden".

(1)

Rating: d:D, d:D, d:D, d:D, d:D
(2 1/3 hatmen out of 5 hatmen)
Good time: 1.15.00

hehe I tried my best to review this, sorry if you took offence to it :)
The_BoneLESS
38mins club

Post by The_BoneLESS »

Sweet, Sweet, Garden by Wezz

Playability : 7.9 / 10

First of all, i have to say that i was impressed by the quality of the level. The first hoyling part i pretty good, some styles but the fastest one is pretty obvious. Then, the apple is pretty badly placed. The loop is like un-smooth. The vertical part is pretty nice, a little annoying but still good. The last straight part is not excellent but, playable. Some little tricks are possible but good times will be made if hoyled violently !

Visuality : 8.5 / 10

The level looks overally good except for the masking shown by Juble in the above image and review. Besides this detail, the grass is equal through the level, color masks are nicely made. A thing i disliked is the loop effect, the line made beside the loop in the 1/3 of the level. It's a little too thin and too close to the edge of the polygon and it's not precisely masked. Anyway, beside those 2 details, the level looks pretty damn good.

Overall : 8.1 / 10

Nice level, you can play it at least 20 minutes without being bored. Some different styles are possible and it looks good. Keep an eye on Wezz, with some extra effort, he can make some nice levels.

Best time : 01;11;41

- BoneLESS [HHIT]
Wezz
Kuski

Post by Wezz »

100 billions Thanks, i needed that...

:) :) :) :)
m4rv1n
Kuski

Post by m4rv1n »

yeah this a topic i was looking for. i would be happy if somebody could rate the quality of this level: www.freewebs.com/m4rv1n/marv1.lev
and better say it's shit than nothing, thx m4rv1n

edit: now after reading the review of boneless i'm interestet in the levels of juble. does anyone knows where to download, because links are broken...

edit2: big thx for these very great levels!
Last edited by m4rv1n on 14 Jan 2005, 11:44, edited 1 time in total.
DON'T PANIC!

Juble
Hat tricker

Post by Juble »

m4rv1n wrote:edit: now after reading the review of boneless i'm interestet in the levels of juble. does anyone knows where to download, because links are broken...
http://www.mxb.dk/upload2/Jb01.lev

http://www.mxb.dk/upload2/Jb03.lev

there you go, with pictures to show what they look like :0
dz
first 39tt

Post by dz »

Looking awesome. I just love that style.
Wezz
Kuski

Post by Wezz »

Very good levels, Juble, very good work! :P :P :P
Behk
Kuski

Post by Behk »

nice levels
||TT:42:56,85||42 mins club||Goal is under 42||
Juski
Kuski

Post by Juski »

This is elmart prison!
http://mxb.dk/upload2/juski09.lev
No regrets Image
Are you LOST?
m4rv1n
Kuski

Post by m4rv1n »

w00t! more a picture than a level...
DON'T PANIC!

Juski
Kuski

Post by Juski »

Yeah i know, i'll maybe make another one the you can like cruise around in a small caveand wiht pictures, i've never used pictures cause i use HighQ
No regrets Image
Are you LOST?
The_BoneLESS
38mins club

Post by The_BoneLESS »

moshid by M4arv1n

Playability : 7.8 / 10

So, the start is a little annying, little pipish but any reasonable player should go over that even without pipe skills. The landing after can be annoying but, you can make a nice flip anit's good. Then, you see a "loop pipe". At first, it seemed disgusting but, it's pretty easy to go through ( I never liked curved pipes ). After, there's an esaier part, pretty smooth, nice design for a mini rollercoaster. At this point, you face the second real pipe of the level, it has the perfect width, easy to go in and out. Then, you gain lots of speed and face a "death wall". I tried to bounce on my back wheel but didn't succeed because of the speed. I then realized you have to bounce by leaning forward on the wall ( check replay ). Then, you arrive at a "hoyling" part of the level and you finish with a nice narrowed vertical upside down pipe, but it's short so, not that hard. This one is a little harder but, ...anyway, the playability is nice but not perfect.

Visualy : 8.3 / 10

At the start, it seems there won't be any colors or pictures but, i was wrong. The level is very well textured and grassed all along, just after the start. One thing i disliked was the "loop pipe", it is kinda overtextured. Don't make too much, people always like simple textures except for BarTeK's levels. The grass could be just a little better but it's quite nice. The other point i'd like to point out is : never put a secret area sign when it's not a secret area ( apple presence ). It is just annoying. The last negative thing about the level is the hang pictures in the last pipe are nice but, they are a little too much in the way of my eyes, it's already hard enough to ride pipes, don't put some pictures in our face just to be nice. Simply avoid pictures in pipes !

Overall : 8.7 / 10

Even if the playability and the visual aspect aren't perfect, the level is in the best levels i've played recently. It's fun if you like pipes and one big bounce !

Best time : 01;02;96

-BoneLESS [HHIT]
m4rv1n
Kuski

Post by m4rv1n »

big thx this, this review helped me a lot! :D :D
unfortunately i can't watch the replay because it says the level has changed even if i download the lev i put online again. :?
edit: probably my fault because i made something i can't remember :oops: but it's not that imortant
DON'T PANIC!

Behk
Kuski

Post by Behk »

I am making a new lev and I'll put it here soon as it is ready

maybe 1 to 2 weeks, coz of inactivity. Playing cs:cz as well
||TT:42:56,85||42 mins club||Goal is under 42||
hann0
Kuski

Post by hann0 »

there aint no rule for the disco fool
Rez
Kuski

Post by Rez »

hann0
Kuski

Post by hann0 »

Rez wrote:http://www.mxb.dk/upload2/20yoMTV.lev
MTV RULEZ
VIVA SUCKS
nice mtv lev :)
everything put thight together

btw. no review of my lev?
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

hann0 wrote: btw. no review of my lev?
It takes some time to review levs, so don't expect people to have it fully review only after one day :)
Was it cast for the mass who burn and toil?
Or for the vultures who thirst for blood and oil?
Rules | FAQ
hann0
Kuski

Post by hann0 »

SveinR wrote:
hann0 wrote: btw. no review of my lev?
It takes some time to review levs, so don't expect people to have it fully review only after one day :)
alright :)
so
i'm new in this community as you will see, but i am lernable :)
Wezz
Kuski

Post by Wezz »

okay....Back with new lev =)

This time, a little more expirenced ;)

http://www.freewebs.com/elmakuski/Wezz41.lev

>>>> EDIT >>>> fixed stupid bug, so now on top again :D
Last edited by Wezz on 31 Jan 2005, 12:26, edited 1 time in total.
m4rv1n
Kuski

Post by m4rv1n »

sry i know there are two levels open but i can wait and i invested quite a lot time in this one.

my new lev "valley of tales":
http://www.freewebs.com/m4rv1n/marv2.rar
edit - and zipped:
http://www.freewebs.com/m4rv1n/marv2.zip

edit: uploadet a new version (29.01.05). just corrected an appearance mistake.
Last edited by m4rv1n on 29 Jan 2005, 19:48, edited 3 times in total.
DON'T PANIC!

Wezz
Kuski

Post by Wezz »

Goot lev Marv!

but im not good Reviewing levels so ;)
The_BoneLESS
38mins club

Post by The_BoneLESS »

M4rv1n, could you zip your levels, i don't have WinRar and i don't feel like downloading it!
dz
first 39tt

Post by dz »

offtopic really, winzip is history, get winrar from rarlabs. it'll zip as well as rar, plus many other more rare formats - if needed.
KickZ
Kuski

Post by KickZ »

http://www.mxb.dk/upload2/KLP001.lev

old lev really, maybe 1 year or smthng... just wanted it reviewed...
Member of team TAH| TT: 45:15,77
http://www.freewebs.com/kickz_elma
Play teh pipes!
The_BoneLESS
38mins club

Post by The_BoneLESS »

Elma Prison by Juski

Playability : 0.1 / 10

At first, i thought there was a way to finish the level : Bug, bounce, strange moves but after 30 seconds, i figured out that it was impossible...

Visually : 8.6 / 10

It looks pretty good. The grass is pretty much nice. The left-shape is a good eye-catch. The start spot is a little annoying for the eye but, looks good but nothing incredible like BarTeK's levels ( SNUS, SC11, Mario level, etc... ). Nothing inovative .

Overall : 2 / 10

It's fun for the first minute but then, you delete the level.

Best time : None

- BoneLESS [HHIT]
Juski
Kuski

Post by Juski »

BoneLESS!! :** never thought it would have been reviewed, but it got better review then i expected cause i did not use any pictures :/
No regrets Image
Are you LOST?
The_BoneLESS
38mins club

Post by The_BoneLESS »

The valley of tales by m4rv1n

Playability : 8.8 / 10

I don't know why but i love m4rv1n's levels. The flow of the level is very good.The start is smooth and then comes a middle-air wall that forces you too slow down ( can't go over it, don't know if you can with lot of speed ). The next part is very cool, two or three ways of doing it followed by another part which can be done by two or three ways ( My favorite is the higher and fastest, a pipe ! ). Then, the only thing i dislike a little, the path before the end, little tight, easy without much speed but after the pipe, you have some serious speed. Beside that, the level is awesome.

Visually : 7.7 / 10

Good looking level. One thing that annoyed me was : the grass is a little too thin, i know it sounds stupid but, lots of guys around here like some big grass (but not huge! ). Pictures are placed reasonnably and masks are placed precisely. ... and your logo at the left of the start is very nice !

Overall : 8.6 / 10

I like a lot the level, downloaded it at school, played it for 30 minutes and decided to review it.

Best time : 00;39;66

- BoneLESS [HHIT]