Vicious Cup 2003 Summer

Advertise your levels, contests, sites etc.

Moderator: Moporators

Doddddy
Kuski

Post by Doddddy »

yeh but only few took it serious
oh, shame :evil:
Reliance upon others is weakness for the strong, but strength for the weak.
MP
Hat Tricker²

Post by MP »

Ye I think the player amounts are pretty bad, also many "first finish"-class times there. In my opinion it would be nice if everybody played more these non-wcups.... bla bla nothing can get players away from internals.
Position in wc | total time | site | hi
dz
first 39tt
Team: FM

Post by dz »

Maybe it's too "undeground" I mean I haven't advertized it that much bcos I don't want to force people play it.
It's funny how you can again note that there are practically zero hungarian and denmark players for example, they for some reason just don't want to take part something created by the great finland I sense. ;)

Anyhow, second to last event going on at the moment
http://koti.welho.com/pkoskin2/dzsite/f ... 2003s5.zip

Current standings btw.
http://koti.welho.com/pkoskin2/dzsite/f ... ndings.txt

Tomorrow the last event of the cup will begin.
MP
Hat Tricker²

Post by MP »

wow that is a great notion dz! Maaany danes played dkcup and also hungarians have their own scene, would be nice if they participated to these other non-moposite cups/contests too..plz plz
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Re: .

Post by Kopaka »

MP wrote:wow that is a great notion dz! Maaany danes played dkcup and also hungarians have their own scene, would be nice if they participated to these other non-moposite cups/contests too..plz plz
I do paticipate ;), and Jsim also paticipate in many external contests, I think he also got a 2nd placed in an Vcup event or smth. :D
MP
Hat Tricker²

Post by MP »

ok ye, forgot u two
J-sim
39mins club

Re: .

Post by J-sim »

MP wrote:ok ye, forgot u two
The danish scene is just so dead these days. And that also includes internals MP ;) . Dkcup just got a little spark going in some players, and that seems gone again.

But what about the russians. Russia is maybe the country with the most active players today, and they more or less only play russian contests or ? Try hijacking some of them for international contests.

And btw url for vicous cup is still in the danish elma channels topic, since i put it there first event, but it hasn't helped much :?
MP
Hat Tricker²

Post by MP »

russians! You said it. There is soo many russian players but where are they :P

...yeh and this reminds me of mopobattles too, at one point when there were many players in every event also few russian participated but no almost none :/
dz
first 39tt

Post by dz »

Final event begun. Last change to take part on the cup and end up to the final results. It isn't difficult at all to get points.

Event 5 winning replay by psy here.
Final Event 6 level here.
Total Standings (after 5 Events) here.
Ky.Jelly
Flood to teh MAX

Post by Ky.Jelly »

level hard, i cant go it fast at all, to many annoying vetices, o wll, top 20 here i try
[10:51:18] <skint0r> i could SACh see KyJelly working at ICA ;D
[10:51:37] <skint0r> "vad kostar denna?" "wtf ch0b0"
Thursday, March 2nd 2005, 0942 i was 3333 [4.43% of total / 3.25 posts per day]
MP
Hat Tricker²

Post by MP »

I think top20 is lot easier to get in this than in "simple and easy" levels
Ramza
Kuski

Post by Ramza »

Ye, in "long and hard" event 4 you could only finish the level and get 6 points for that :roll:
Team: FRC || tt: 41:58:80 || King Cup: 14th
Sathy
Engleacher

Post by Sathy »

I think everyone who has hosted a cup of some sort has noticed that it's pretty hard to get many players to participate, especially if and when the lev's are more challenging.

Well I guess that's the price to pay for 'better' levels...
seems that alot of players don't want to bother with styles and get bored quickly with lev's that offer challenge so much that it might not even be possible to finish them at once.

When we held Kahvi Cup after WC3 it somehow seemed that alot of the players have some kind of a 'anti-nonworldcup' attitude....I really don't see why. I'm not going to go into details of KC here because that wasn't the purpose of this post, just have to say that I know KC was ...uhm...a rather freakish experience =]

What I wanted to say is thanks to Dz for hosting a cup with levels that weren't the usual stuff. Some lev's were good, others were not so, but anyway it was fun to play mostly. So: Thanks! =]
We shape life, we travel space, but we don't know the words to the songs of the ocean.
dz
first 39tt

Post by dz »

Thank you for your kind words Sathy. :)

So the cup is now over as you probably know.
All the essential info (winner recs,top20 recs, results etc)
can be found here. Even though you didn't necessarily took part on the cup, I suggest checking some replays on the events. There are some really quality ones.

Till winter edition, which of I'll inform alot earlier than about this one, have fun on the next upcoming cup, which of I think I shouldn't say too much at this point. Soon you'll know anyway.
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

So when will the winter edition of this start?

Edit: Ok I just read this
.dz s.i.te ::: wrote:I know I have said earlier that it'll be two times in a year at summer and winter, FORGET THAT.
There will be new editions whenever it fits to the scene. For example, if there will be World Cup 5 lasting half an year, what's the point having another cup meanwhile? Too much work for nothing.
So, cup editions occur whenever I find it suitable to have one. Remember, they are not at all just the usual one-week-hoyling editions. There will be alot of variation with the upcoming editions
So forget it perhaps..
Was it cast for the mass who burn and toil?
Or for the vultures who thirst for blood and oil?
Rules | FAQ