Interactive level reviewing script

Advertise your levels, contests, sites etc.

Moderator: Moporators

Chris Penrose
Donator duck

Post by Chris Penrose »

I admire Skint's "hard-to-please" attitude.
Watch the birdy...
Juble
Hat tricker

Post by Juble »

'new levels of the day' would be really nice if possible :]
dz
first 39tt
Team: FM

Post by dz »

It would be appreciated if people would give more comments and not just throw in a number, that way we can all develop ourselves and learn from mistakes. I've tried to comment whenever I see a slightest reason to do so, and I hate to be the only one so many times to write something concstructive. Isn't comments what interest the most anyway?
People who take negative feedback offending or anything are just stupid and impatient and I don't think there are really anyone who would do so, so stop being lazy and write something else than just a small click on the number, that at least proves you have at least somewhat gotten into the level and not just rated it by first "look".

ty.
The_BoneLESS
38mins club
Team: HHIT

Post by The_BoneLESS »

I'll do that now dz ! :D
Website || TT:38:05:33 || WC5:15th || HHIT for life || 9th world wide ... BAP is next
Behk
Kuski

Post by Behk »

Could it be possible with RateMyStats or RateMyTimes, just a suggestion
||TT:42:56,85||42 mins club||Goal is under 42||
insane guy
Kuski

Post by insane guy »

hm i dont think it will be much attention on that... ratemyrec is dying (imo) cause noone rates recs... (i dont either)
iob
Kuski

Post by iob »

maybe a bug/quirk? if you get the levels by one user and they have more than one page of levels, then click next you get levels by everyone. makes it hard to find the lower rated levels of a user.
Viper_KillerGuy
PHPer

fix

Post by Viper_KillerGuy »

iob wrote:maybe a bug/quirk? if you get the levels by one user and they have more than one page of levels, then click next you get levels by everyone. makes it hard to find the lower rated levels of a user.
fixed, thanks for bugreport.
The_BoneLESS
38mins club

Post by The_BoneLESS »

Hey, it's just something that i remarked, people should really send only their best levels cause a lot of levels are really crap...and some people send something like 20 levels or more, but the thing is, all their levels suck
Website || TT:38:05:33 || WC5:15th || HHIT for life || 9th world wide ... BAP is next
The_BoneLESS
38mins club

Post by The_BoneLESS »

... and another thing, does anyone still review levels, i sent one 3 days ago and still no reviews, and this is a good level, i swear ! Anyway, go and review baby... :cry:
The_BoneLESS
38mins club

Post by The_BoneLESS »

.. and another other thing, GO AND REVIEW FOR CHRIST SAKE :x
Xhomaz
Kuski
Team: LOS

Post by Xhomaz »

The elma scene is dead.
Team LOS website
I'll stop stabbing when you stop screaming
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

the #across scene lives :wink:
cyre
Kuski

Post by cyre »

i added some levs and did some reviewing. too bad ppl seem to have lost their interest in reviewing levs :(
"Fool me seven times, shame on you. Fool me eight or more times, shame on me."
The_BoneLESS
38mins club

Post by The_BoneLESS »

Also check levels with no rating at all ! ( including mine ! :wink: )
Behk
Kuski

Post by Behk »

It almost died
||TT:42:56,85||42 mins club||Goal is under 42||
dz
first 39tt

Post by dz »

I was thinking a bot which would inform every time someone uploads a new level at the #across, or on another channel if necessary. Other similar features could be possible as well.
But that could be quite a pain to accomplish.
WkE
Kuski

Post by WkE »

please check my last level, which is my 1st level in my 3rd pack...
TT: 43:03.93 | AVG: 47:03.65 | Image | Team Site [TR] || TR Forum | 1 Pro, 27 Good, 26 OK
dz
first 39tt

Post by dz »

If just the server were faster it would be alot more enjoyable to browse around. Now it takes averagely 10-30 secs to open one link, a bit too much if you ask me.

ps. I know it's on a slow server, 256/256 what I've been told to.
cyre
Kuski

Post by cyre »

Why is there a limitation of 20 characters for the lev name on ratemylev site? I'm sure it's not because there wouldn't be enough room on the page. I think it's pretty odd since you can have way over 30 characters in the lev name when you create it in the editor. It depends on the size of the characters, for example, you can have like 50 l letters (maybe more, i didn't bother to count them all ;))

Well anyway, i have a lev with 25 character name which i would want to upload to the site but the name is apparently too long and i don't want to start thinking of a new one. :cry:

Maybe 30 or 35 characters would be a better limitation?
"Fool me seven times, shame on you. Fool me eight or more times, shame on me."
The_BoneLESS
38mins club

Post by The_BoneLESS »

I don't know if it would make the server faster but what if the vary bad levels ( rated like overall of 2 ) would be deleted ! ( just an idea ...) :wink:
Viper_KillerGuy
PHPer

well

deleting levs won't make the server run faster.
The reason the server is running so slow, is because of my mad fetish for small japanese girls in schooluniforms (anime).

I have just made a new script to keep most of the downloading at night, so the server should run faster.
8-ball
39mins club
Team: MiE

Post by 8-ball »

And you should add an option to delete your own levs like in ratemyrec
39:37,91
WkE
Kuski

Post by WkE »

I have to delete 2 of my levels there.
why? well, in the beginning i thought that ratemylev is another cool uploading site where you can upload hoylable battle levs so other people will hoyl them too.
after uploading some of my levs, i noticed that all the levs there are very invested and nice looking, when some of my levs are 5 mins made and looks like crap against all the other levs.

it can hurt my monitin in level making (yes, I have some, especially from my 1st levpack), and people can think i'm designing levs like a blind n00b.
from now on i'll upload only my best levels, no more battle levs - but plz, I have to delete those levs...
TT: 43:03.93 | AVG: 47:03.65 | Image | Team Site [TR] || TR Forum | 1 Pro, 27 Good, 26 OK
WkE
Kuski

Post by WkE »

Dabel Post0r.
SveinR
Moporator

Update

Post by SveinR »

viperkillerguy wrote:I've added an interactive best-time thing.
This means every .lev in ratemylev now has a best time.
If the lev already contains a best time, it will be set to basetime.
If you have better time than the one on the script, you simply upload your version of the .lev file in the .lev-stat page.

Also!
I've changed it so only your top5 rated levels will affect your average levelrating. This means you no longer have to ph34r to lower your score when uploading a new lev. So start uploading all your lame-ass battlelevs.

It was rather hard to test if this best time actually worked, since you alle only upload really long and anoying levs, that noone (me) want to play. So please paste here if you find any bugs.
Was it cast for the mass who burn and toil?
Or for the vultures who thirst for blood and oil?
Rules | FAQ
Viper_KillerGuy
PHPer

server problems

First of all, thanks SveinR.

Secondly.
My puny 233mhz server can't handle all my useless coding, and it is pretty much always using 100% cpu. So, I've made a new "backup"-server at port 81. It isn't avaliable all the time, and the databases will be overwritten with that of my mainserver every so often.
But if you just need to browse around the sites, and it's extremly slow, try connecting to port 81.
ex.
if www.vk0.dk/ratemylev.php is slow, and you don't need to upload, or change anything,
use www.vk0.dk:81/ratemylev.php instead.

This includes all sites on my server like the ratemyrec, elmatimes.php, the acrossdk site, darmoed's hp and proberly some more.

I hope this will keep the scripts useable. Atleast until I find a more permanent solution.
8-ball
39mins club
Team: MiE

Post by 8-ball »

whee its still alive
39:37,91