Interactive level reviewing script

Advertise your levels, contests, sites etc.

Moderator: Moporators

Viper_KillerGuy
PHPer

Interactive level reviewing script

Post by Viper_KillerGuy »

http://vk.mine.nu/ratemylev.php
It still need some work, but i have to sleep now.

so just "pump up tha database".
and post your thoughts.
Toaster
Kuski

Niz0r

Post by Toaster »

Super Cool VK

Thanx for the nize work
onlainari
Kuski

Post by onlainari »

yeuh nice work0r

add this in to "lev list" page -> file name:______

ppl have coal names for levs but the file is named XTZ013.lev and iz hard to find in elma if you didnt remember to check the filename while downloading :p So it could have "lev name" and "file name" oki doki...excccellent.

About rating lev0rz: I started to think how i vote... Heres how at least i think I vote levs.

* I play them at least until I finish them or at least has taken all the apples and see the flower,unless it takes too long time,then i could rate it even without not-even close finish,if it is some long adventure lev or smth like that. If it is short one,then gotta hoyl and see the better style and how it goes :p at least 10min to play to rate any level.

* grades: 0 = level is quality of a bad battle level,someone has made a quick battle level to satisfy some battlers need at 4am. level just has some polygons here and there and some basic route/trick

1 = no effort on level. Quickly done "battle" level that is totally boring,non-sense

2 = short "battle" level which has nothing inspiring. Usually these levs are done in editor in 20minutes maximum. Nothing to say for this level except "yawn". "I won't play this lev anymore,new battle when?"

3-4 = TEH bad level. Probably has bad elements of n00bishism -> bad gravity usage, invisible polygons etc.. These levels might have some pictures attached but no effort has been put making it.

5 = Ok this GRADE I will give to a level for many reasons. Lets say it straight that you can get a grade 4 or a 5 ONLY by taking time on your level making and use (especially) grass and maybe pictures. -you have gained already at least 5 for rating, you can only screw it up with adding the boringness into it. 5 is an ok lev to hoyl for awhile but not any longer. Most likely levels that has that grass in it will get better,because in that case they have also added some cool creativity.

6-9 = grades of good levels, depends very much how I feel the level,how it fits to my taste. These levs has the good elements of elma level and that makes mi want to ride the best time.

10 = something genious and patiently done with all the indications to pleasure to play. These levels make you smile. Grass etc stuff like LOMs could possibly get 10 from me if it is mega fun to play :p BarteKs snus level was fantastic but it didnt look so "clean" & finished.

OK why I wrote this? - before ppl start to vote I hope I gave some indication if some of you agree with my opinions we could get goad stats...though if levs gets hundreds of votes it usually shows how good the lev actually is without any indicz. but there aint probably hundreds to vote lev0rz....so would be cool to dl those real 6-10 levs :p

Now tell me if I edit and delete this post or leave it..is it mongo.. and tell your opinion how your rates would DIFFERZ of these mine
insane guy
Kuski

Post by insane guy »

i cant uplaoad levels
where does the file has to be? on my harddisk?
or does it take some time?

edit: AHA!
didnt work with mozilla, had to use IE (damn)

cool thing would be to know when the levs where added (the date)
Juble
Hat tricker

Post by Juble »

this is great 8)
good work
Viper_KillerGuy
PHPer

gulp

i use opera and it works fine there, don't know why it doesn't work with mozilla, (help).
The time for when levels are added have been saved, and I'll make a stats page for every lev, where you can see all sorts of info, including the time of when the lev was added.
insane guy
Kuski

Post by insane guy »

kopla/earth quake by jonsta: 9pts.. best lev so far!
8-ball
39mins club
Team: MiE

Post by 8-ball »

There should be at least 3 votes for every lev:
1) Design (grass, textures, pictures, etc.)
2) Playabilty (of course)
3) ______ (___)

and voting should be 1-6 not 1-10 (too messy)
39:37,91
8-ball
39mins club

Post by 8-ball »

cool script, needs nice design for perfect page...

and for some reason, when i try to download lev, script page closes :roll:
dz
first 39tt
Team: FM

Post by dz »

8-ball wrote: and voting should be 1-6 not 1-10 (too messy)
waht teh fakc?

never in my life have i seen any pointing going from 1 to 6.
8-ball
39mins club

Post by 8-ball »

vk the great...
thanks

1-6

1) sux lev made in 2 mins
2) some idea included too
3) omg! grass here!
4) mmm... i wanna play again, ez better!!!
5) mommy, can i play this lev 30 mins more?
6) adventure lev sux compared to this one

ez u know ;)

i also uploaded 1 lev...
soon more...
J-sim
39mins club

Post by J-sim »

dz wrote:
8-ball wrote: and voting should be 1-6 not 1-10 (too messy)
waht teh fakc?

never in my life have i seen any pointing going from 1 to 6.
ever read any music or movie reviews? 8O

it doesnt matter so much weither its 1-10 or 1-6, but i think there should be a 0 too. If that was added maybe I would like 0-6 better cos it has 3 as an average rating.
dz
first 39tt
Team: FM

Post by dz »

i'm sure there are alot 1-6'ers but 1-10 is very good imo. level quality vary so much that it's good have a wide rating area. 1-5 for example wouldn't really fit. what would good levels get? five? that would mean they are nearly perfect.. err hardly any lev is perfect. four? there would be way too many lev rated to four 8O
insane guy
Kuski

Post by insane guy »

i disagree, i wanted to give a lev 7,5 cause i couldnt decide...
maybe another nice feature would be a replay page, where you can upload replays for the levs on the page...
insane guy
Kuski

Post by insane guy »

8-ball wrote: 3) omg! grass here!
so all my levs would be 1 or 2 ?

sorry for duble post
Viper_KillerGuy
PHPer

hmm

I think I've kinda finished the script now.
But does it need anything else?
DE
Kuski

Post by DE »

maybe in the future you can make a new levels section, because the Levels section is filling up fast, maybe after 10 ratings new levels move over to regular level section
Harald Hasch
Kuski

Post by Harald Hasch »

cant upload levels :cry:
insane guy
Kuski

Post by insane guy »

try using different browser, it doesnt work with mozilla f.e.
zworqy
Kuski

Post by zworqy »

Harald Hasch wrote:cant upload levels :cry:
Strange, that's about the only thing I CAN do...
<Fihlvein> another case of zworqy-is-always-right closed i guess
<yoosef> zworqy doesnt suck at anything
insane guy
Kuski

Post by insane guy »

site seems to be down....
8-ball
39mins club

Post by 8-ball »

Code: Select all

Parse error: parse error in /usr/local/www/html/ratemylev.php on line 141
Yes it is... :roll:
Viper_KillerGuy
PHPer

woops

sorry 'bout that.
thought i had mIRC highlighted, instead of Uedit

somehow it couldn't regonize "pwnzed you bitch :)~~" as a valid php function :)
The_BoneLESS
38mins club
Team: HHIT

Post by The_BoneLESS »

Gotta admit it, this site is the bomb !
Very simple interface, but it does the job, nice work viper_killerguy !
My level is almost first !
Website || TT:38:05:33 || WC5:15th || HHIT for life || 9th world wide ... BAP is next
DE
Kuski

Post by DE »

it is possible to have two names from the same ip address

my little brother just uploaded a level, his name is wowser, i'm DE
i am not going to vote for any of his levels, but i dont know if he voted for any of mine or not. (would not be fair for other lev makers if he gave me 10)
maybe you could block people from the same ip from voting for eachother, if thats to hard to code, you don't really have too though
insane guy
Kuski

Post by insane guy »

im a bit unsatisfied at the moment: i think it would be much cooler if people would only upload new/unpublished levs, cause if everyone uploads his alltime-best-levs-that-everyone-knows-for-ages we could call this project something like find-out-whos-the-best-designer-skript ...
and i think this was meant to find new good quality levels!!!
Viper_KillerGuy
PHPer

about DE's post:
ips are messy, many have a dynamic ip, so it changes all the time, and i have had problems with it before when applying it to such a degree for all users.
But if i catch someone abusing the script, i will ban their ip(although it maybe won't work) from the entire script, so they won't be able to see the other designers levs.

and insane guy's post:
only time will tell. The script is still new, many random people test it out, when the random visits stop, then we can see how this script will be used.
zworqy
Kuski

Post by zworqy »

Either this script doesn't work, or it's the slowest script ever written (no offense :P)

I click teh links and it loads and loads but nothing ever happens... :(
<Fihlvein> another case of zworqy-is-always-right closed i guess
<yoosef> zworqy doesnt suck at anything
insane guy
Kuski

Post by insane guy »

someone gave all my levels 10 pts...
i dont think this is fair (nor realistic rating)
Napoleon
Kuski

Post by Napoleon »

onlainari wrote:yeuh nice work0r

add this in to "lev list" page -> file name:______

ppl have coal names for levs but the file is named XTZ013.lev and iz hard to find in elma if you didnt remember to check the filename while downloading :p So it could have "lev name" and "file name" oki doki...excccellent.

About rating lev0rz: I started to think how i vote... Heres how at least i think I vote levs.

* I play them at least until I finish them or at least has taken all the apples and see the flower,unless it takes too long time,then i could rate it even without not-even close finish,if it is some long adventure lev or smth like that. If it is short one,then gotta hoyl and see the better style and how it goes :p at least 10min to play to rate any level.

* grades: 0 = level is quality of a bad battle level,someone has made a quick battle level to satisfy some battlers need at 4am. level just has some polygons here and there and some basic route/trick

1 = no effort on level. Quickly done "battle" level that is totally boring,non-sense

2 = short "battle" level which has nothing inspiring. Usually these levs are done in editor in 20minutes maximum. Nothing to say for this level except "yawn". "I won't play this lev anymore,new battle when?"

3-4 = TEH bad level. Probably has bad elements of n00bishism -> bad gravity usage, invisible polygons etc.. These levels might have some pictures attached but no effort has been put making it.

5 = Ok this GRADE I will give to a level for many reasons. Lets say it straight that you can get a grade 4 or a 5 ONLY by taking time on your level making and use (especially) grass and maybe pictures. -you have gained already at least 5 for rating, you can only screw it up with adding the boringness into it. 5 is an ok lev to hoyl for awhile but not any longer. Most likely levels that has that grass in it will get better,because in that case they have also added some cool creativity.

6-9 = grades of good levels, depends very much how I feel the level,how it fits to my taste. These levs has the good elements of elma level and that makes mi want to ride the best time.

10 = something genious and patiently done with all the indications to pleasure to play. These levels make you smile. Grass etc stuff like LOMs could possibly get 10 from me if it is mega fun to play :p BarteKs snus level was fantastic but it didnt look so "clean" & finished.

OK why I wrote this? - before ppl start to vote I hope I gave some indication if some of you agree with my opinions we could get goad stats...though if levs gets hundreds of votes it usually shows how good the lev actually is without any indicz. but there aint probably hundreds to vote lev0rz....so would be cool to dl those real 6-10 levs :p

Now tell me if I edit and delete this post or leave it..is it mongo.. and tell your opinion how your rates would DIFFERZ of these mine
if this grade system is correct .. then only 4 lev's is good lev's of of 72 ..
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

insane guy wrote:someone gave all my levels 10 pts...
i dont think this is fair (nor realistic rating)
it was someobdy fucking around with MY account on MY computer with MY browser
at the vk's site. So maybe vk could remove it, because it aren't serious votes.

bye, now i gotta go kill my brother.
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

why don't you just change your vote on those levels?
Prestigious member of 14.6x Tutor14 club
devin
Kuski

Post by devin »

I agree with Napoleon,

People need to vote realistically, levels with a high voting average with votes from around 5-7 suddenly gets a 2...do we not understand how to vote or something? read onla's voting system for further education
-brag
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

skint0r wrote:why don't you just change your vote on those levels?
is that possible? i go fix it then right away :oops:

FIXED
8-ball
39mins club

Post by 8-ball »

i think somebody is giving level a 1 or 2 just to get his level higher in average than the other... that sax
8-ball
39mins club

Post by 8-ball »

just check my SKILLness... it has votes averagely 5-7... and suddenly - 3! of course it lowers my average cuz there arent many votes for that lev, but maybe 3 gives a n00b, that cant finish the lev with first try and thinks it is too hard and sax... that is my opinion...
insane guy
Kuski

Post by insane guy »

well thats the problem if you let everybody rate...
many people like many different levels, f.e. i like most of biz ´s levels much but average rating of em is 1-2...
i think this shouldnt be taken too serious, cause everyone can easily make fake account and give his own levels 10 or people maybe also just give bad rating because they are prejudicest against some designer or dont like his (internet) personality
btw, someone gave all my levs 1, what is in my opinion also not very fair...
Viper_KillerGuy
PHPer

design

skint0r let me use a design he had lying around for the site. the site looks extremely sweet now.

Thanks skint0r!
8-ball
39mins club

Post by 8-ball »

that is sooo seXy design :D
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

insane guy wrote: btw, someone gave all my levs 1, what is in my opinion also not very fair...
this time not me, I swear! :)
serious, i gave your levels 6, 7, 6, 7.
devin
Kuski

Post by devin »

damn, i broke it...

Parse error: parse error, expecting `T_VARIABLE' or `'$'' in /usr/local/www/html/ratemylev.php on line 551
-brag
Viper_KillerGuy
PHPer

heh

I develop the script directly, so wierd errors might appear, but they are usually fixed within a few seconds.

And I've added so everybody can see what everybody else has rated.
So if you rate a level different from what others do, please comment why you rated as you did.
Noone wants spam flaming.
8-ball
39mins club

Post by 8-ball »

and you should add Top10 Worst Levels page maybe... :roll:
insane guy
Kuski

Post by insane guy »

ehjhmm.. i added a lev and it stood "lev added succesfully" but i cant find it on the page....
8-ball
39mins club

Post by 8-ball »

lev is at the bottom of last page or it is only on review page...

congrats with 10000th hit vk! :wink:
ThanaTos
Kuski

Post by ThanaTos »

first of all i want to say: "tnx viperkillerguy for making this great site".

second, i have a question.... how are you guys rating levs?

not a single lev has over 7 average... are the levs uploaded that bad?

it seems as many are using a different way of rating levs, than onlas "rating guide" (me too), but i don't understand how ppl rate levs and especially skint0r (no hard feelings, plz just explain how you rate levs to make it clearer to me and others)

is there a need to have a rule/guide/whateva for how to rate? or should we continue to rate all as we want to?

i prefer the second option myself
I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

you are right thana, thought there are now some people who are trying to give some 8's and maybe even a 9.
And some person gave himself a nice rate, the rate of 10.
(I won't call names, Toaster. :P )
There is also another thing that should be improved. The newest levels are the one least rated. It is too hard for new levelmakers, to get a level much revieved, because there is simply to less atention from the main site. A good idea is to make the list longer, or show the newest levs right to the top list.
chux
Kuski

Post by chux »

Hmm, as soon as I uploaded two of my levels they got a 4 rating...sounds like a default thing...
unless someone was really quick to play and rate my levels and thought they were exactly the same...its possible
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without their motives being questioned.
Hi! I'm a signature virus. Copy me into your signature to help me spread.
Viper_KillerGuy
PHPer

well

in the "review" list it orders by least rated levs. you can also order by newest, or just random. It also makes a mockery of you, if you haven't reviewed enough levs.
I don't see how else to make more attention to the new lvls.
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

just show them next to the levlist