Brand new Elma community thats growing like wild fire!!!!!

Advertise your levels, contests, sites etc.

Moderator: Moporators

milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

SlenderBelly wrote:
milagros wrote:some fuckthis or fuckthat or fucksomething was it
He wasn't banned for rating the site 0. He was banned for his username 'fuckthis'.

Abula might be liberal about swearing on his forum, but I'm not. I don't accept any swearing. And it was obvious he was just someone causing trouble. My suspicions have been confirmed, he was from Mopolauta. Please explain who you heard this from? More likely it was you or one of your friends that joined as fuckthis.
someone at #across told
[carebox]
DarkSky
Kuski

Post by DarkSky »

milagros wrote:
SlenderBelly wrote:
milagros wrote:some fuckthis or fuckthat or fucksomething was it
He wasn't banned for rating the site 0. He was banned for his username 'fuckthis'.

Abula might be liberal about swearing on his forum, but I'm not. I don't accept any swearing. And it was obvious he was just someone causing trouble. My suspicions have been confirmed, he was from Mopolauta. Please explain who you heard this from? More likely it was you or one of your friends that joined as fuckthis.
someone at #across told
ok then, must drop by some time :)
Juble
Hat tricker

Post by Juble »

I see your point in this forum, everyday people that will play this game for the short term, you seemed pretty determined to shut-down moposite last time when you were here and take over elastomania.com...and you failed in your mission, and you come back and start this 'new' elma community. I mean you seem like you want to some sort of admin power over users, which you never can get here?

And making people post 5 times before downloading levels, kind of raises your members quite abit?
dont you think they just want is the levels?
(mostly)...

dont take any offence, you seem to be doing alright for a 16? yr old, why do you want to start something which people have alread started 5-6?yrs ago

im just saying what I have just interpreted, anyways good luck with your net business
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

milagros wrote:i can't help myself but i think almost every question in the forum is somehow stupid
like how deos elma works in xp, craziest replay, best time, what should be added, good skins,..........
looks like n00b phantom questions or what
Ahh well, we have those same ones here as well..
Was it cast for the mass who burn and toil?
Or for the vultures who thirst for blood and oil?
Rules | FAQ
DarkSky
Kuski

Post by DarkSky »

Juble wrote:I see your point in this forum, everyday people that will play this game for the short term, you seemed pretty determined to shut-down moposite last time when you were here and take over elastomania.com...and you failed in your mission, and you come back and start this 'new' elma community. I mean you seem like you want to some sort of admin power over users, which you never can get here?

And making people post 5 times before downloading levels, kind of raises your members quite abit?
dont you think they just want is the levels?
(mostly)...

dont take any offence, you seem to be doing alright for a 16? yr old, why do you want to start something which people have alread started 5-6?yrs ago

im just saying what I have just interpreted, anyways good luck with your net business
lmao, I wasnt determined to shutdown the moposite. I was just pretty stupid a year ago, I am a lot different now. Admin powers? No....I'm not looking for admin powers, I've had that on other forums for a long time.
which you never can get here?
I wouldnt say never, if I really wanted this forum I would make an offer to buy it out, but im not really interested. From a revenue point of view The Moposite isnt a big money maker.....(not trying to insult anyone here)
Abula
Moposite admin
Team: FM

Post by Abula »

Moposite isn't a big money maker? That's right but on the other we don't even try. Tricked visitors, lots of ads etc, no way. Buying Mopolauta? Eehm, I don't believe you would have enough money :].
40:02,71 (151.) | WCup4: 8. | 3x WR | 3x GAA | 11x FEM | KOM | The History of Elasto Mania (1995-2018)
ribot
Not banned

Post by ribot »

4: guess slenderbelly gets so many users because he pays money for ads.

5. dunno why most elma ppl act jealous and overprotective, i think it's funny

3. abula wanted moposite as his dream job, but doesnt try to make money. why dont you try then in order to fulfill your dream?

4: good thing that moposite is there to make a better world. slenderbelly uses a lot more manipulative advertising than moposite, which attracts stupid buyers. if moposite were to do marketing tricks it would take away all the heart that's left of it.

4: i wonder what kind of site this elastomaniacs is, because it seems only to be a forum to me. what was there before, during these 3 years? and where is that stuff?
-
"leader status in the Elma against-the-system underground" - Abula
-
IncrElastoMania - Elma Simulation - Browser Game 2020
Elma Imager - Command Line Tool 2020
DarkSky
Kuski

Post by DarkSky »

Abula wrote:Moposite isn't a big money maker? That's right but on the other we don't even try. Tricked visitors, lots of ads etc, no way. Buying Mopolauta? Eehm, I don't believe you would have enough money :].
Tricked visitors? I dont trick them...Lots of ads? I wouldnt call a small Google AdSense banner lots of ads. I would have enough money to buy the moposite. What are we talking here? Few thousand at most.
Dyrox
Kuski

Post by Dyrox »

Stupid boy... do you really believe that yourself?
I would say that your forum is very bad indeed!
Mopolauta is the one and only! It's the best! No one can beat it!
Team ELGH | www.teamelgh.info.se | Totaltime: 40:58:45
Abula
Moposite admin

Post by Abula »

Ribot: would be the best if some external quarter would fund. I don't want to earn by ads and they would get the site more unpopular.

SlenderBelly: just give me tips to make money with Moposite then? Without adds and tricked users. I didn't mean your forum when I talked about adds but your other sites (well actually I don't know them). So how did you earn the money then, this hosting service did it?

USA $2000 or what currency? I wouldn't buy Moposite by that amount of money, multiply it by 10 and I can rethink :].
40:02,71 (151.) | WCup4: 8. | 3x WR | 3x GAA | 11x FEM | KOM | The History of Elasto Mania (1995-2018)
DarkSky
Kuski

Post by DarkSky »

Abula wrote:Ribot: would be the best if some external quarter would fund. I don't want to earn by ads and they would get the site more unpopular.

SlenderBelly: just give me tips to make money with Moposite then? Without adds and tricked users. I didn't mean your forum when I talked about adds but your other sites (well actually I don't know them). So how did you earn the money then, this hosting service did it?

USA $2000 or what currency? I wouldn't buy Moposite by that amount of money, multiply it by 10 and I can rethink :].
Ok. Well, I would put a small, simple and clean AdSense banner on Mopolauta. People shouldnt have a problem with it, its a fact of life thats people put ads on websites, and you would earn a fair amount of money with that. You could also put an AdSense banner on each page of the site.

I earnt my money with the hosting business, and an ebay business that I run. I then used some of that saved money to begin buying websites.

$2000 x 10? The harsh reality is that you would be extremely lucky to even get $2000 for The Moposite. In that price bracket I can get a site that gets 3000+ uniques a day, whereas The Moposite wouldnt be getting this. Your site is more of a comminity based thing, not something that a non-elma player would really be interested in buying.
Abula
Moposite admin

Post by Abula »

SlenderBelly wrote:$2000 x 10? The harsh reality is that you would be extremely lucky to even get $2000 for The Moposite. In that price bracket I can get a site that gets 3000+ uniques a day, whereas The Moposite wouldnt be getting this. Your site is more of a comminity based thing, not something that a non-elma player would really be interested in buying.
I don't care what's value of Moposite, it's still not business for me, just a hobby. And that $2000 wouldn't cover more than just 1% of the work and fun I've got. It is a community and that's purpose of it.
DarkSky
Kuski

Post by DarkSky »

Abula wrote:
SlenderBelly wrote:$2000 x 10? The harsh reality is that you would be extremely lucky to even get $2000 for The Moposite. In that price bracket I can get a site that gets 3000+ uniques a day, whereas The Moposite wouldnt be getting this. Your site is more of a comminity based thing, not something that a non-elma player would really be interested in buying.
I don't care what's value of Moposite, it's still not business for me, just a hobby. And that $2000 wouldn't cover more than just 1% of the work and fun I've got. It is a community and that's purpose of it.
lol, I know. I realise its not a business, its a hobby. What sort of hosting are you running your site on?
DarkSky
Kuski

Post by DarkSky »

I'd like to express my thanks for you guys adding my site to your links page. I must say im a little suprised, but thankful none the less. I'll post about the Moposite in the Advertising section of my site if you like.
Abula
Moposite admin

Post by Abula »

About $200 in a year:
- Finnish server
- 800MB
- 50MB mysql (need bigger)
- quite unlimited bandwidth (at least they haven't complained about it eventhough we have overed the limit everytime)
- unlimited amount of email addresses
- 3 domains
- all basic stuff you need
DarkSky
Kuski

Post by DarkSky »

Abula wrote:About $200 in a year:
- Finnish server
- 800MB
- 50MB mysql (need bigger)
- quite unlimited bandwidth (at least they haven't complained about it eventhough we have overed the limit everytime)
- unlimited amount of email addresses
- 3 domains
- all basic stuff you need
I would give you complete hosting to meet all your needs free of charge with no catches. And no worrying about going over the limit.
Abula
Moposite admin

Post by Abula »

Nice offer but I have to deny this time. I happy with the current situation and as you know when something works just let it be.

Seriously I'm looking forward to your company and once I'm sure it isn't just a big trick I might move Moposite there.

For now we made up one nice deal with SlenderBelly and for thanks I'll forgive his ban.
DarkSky
Kuski

Post by DarkSky »

Abula wrote:Nice offer but I have to deny this time. I happy with the current situation and as you know when something works just let it be.

Seriously I'm looking forward to your company and once I'm sure it isn't just a big trick I might move Moposite there.

For now we made up one nice deal with SlenderBelly and for thanks I'll forgive his ban.
that fine, still happy to be providing you with some FTP space :)
The_BoneLESS
38mins club
Team: HHIT

Post by The_BoneLESS »

On elastomaniac.com, the forum "other" dissapeared....

I know i made some posts on threads called Kuski, Problem and others but i can't find those threads anymore !?!
Website || TT:38:05:33 || WC5:15th || HHIT for life || 9th world wide ... BAP is next
The_BoneLESS
38mins club

Post by The_BoneLESS »

¸Ok, forget that...

I clicked on something, don't know what i did, but everything is ok 8O
Website || TT:38:05:33 || WC5:15th || HHIT for life || 9th world wide ... BAP is next
sierra
39mins club

Post by sierra »

just on a side note, you can't possibly sustain 50 new members a day

it's all about mathematics

are you familiar with the curve y=1/x ? a graph of "rate of new signups" against "time" would be a translation of this very curve. Exponentials occur everywhere in nature.
[OMG] | [SpEF] | Apparently my TT was once 39:26:06
DarkSky
Kuski

Post by DarkSky »

The_BoneLESS wrote:¸Ok, forget that...

I clicked on something, don't know what i did, but everything is ok 8O
lol, means a lot to me that you signed up :) Thanks!
The_BoneLESS
38mins club

Post by The_BoneLESS »

Only one thing....

Too much error messages

Sometimes, i try to solve someone's problems but, it says "it's an only read thread"....but, others wrote before me ?!

Really, there are too much error messages :?
DarkSky
Kuski

Post by DarkSky »

The_BoneLESS wrote:Only one thing....

Too much error messages

Sometimes, i try to solve someone's problems but, it says "it's an only read thread"....but, others wrote before me ?!

Really, there are too much error messages :?
weird, which category and forum gave you that error? Would be great if you could add me to your MSN and tell me what errors you have been seeing. My MSN is: me (at) danielsanto.com

Thanks.
The_BoneLESS
38mins club

Post by The_BoneLESS »

Now it's fine...

It was only buggy yesterday...

IT WORKS FINE NOW :D
DarkSky
Kuski

Post by DarkSky »

The_BoneLESS wrote:Now it's fine...

It was only buggy yesterday...

IT WORKS FINE NOW :D
lol, it was because I had stuffed up some group permissions, thats all fixed now :oops:
ribot
Not banned

Post by ribot »

sierra wrote:just on a side note, you can't possibly sustain 50 new members a day

are you familiar with the curve y=1/x ? a graph of "rate of new signups" against "time" would be a translation of this very curve. Exponentials occur everywhere in nature.
and i guess the most users that joined one day was 38
-
"leader status in the Elma against-the-system underground" - Abula
-
IncrElastoMania - Elma Simulation - Browser Game 2020
Elma Imager - Command Line Tool 2020
DarkSky
Kuski

Post by DarkSky »

ribot wrote:
sierra wrote:just on a side note, you can't possibly sustain 50 new members a day

actually, we had like 80 members sign up today :)
chux
Kuski

Post by chux »

SlenderBelly wrote:
ribot wrote:

And these people are...? How many of them post? You must have hearly 300 members now...? Surely you cant get too many more, elma is a pretty small community
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without their motives being questioned.
Hi! I'm a signature virus. Copy me into your signature to help me spread.
Sick_Mambo
Kuski

Re: ehm...

Post by Sick_Mambo »

Viper_KillerGuy wrote: n00bs are evil, they've learned their ways through cs.

Best quote ever ;)
DarkSky
Kuski

Post by DarkSky »

chux wrote:
SlenderBelly wrote:
ribot wrote:

And these people are...? How many of them post? You must have hearly 300 members now...? Surely you cant get too many more, elma is a pretty small community
These people are elma players, the PPP (Post per person) is slowly getting better. I am getting about 2.5 posts per member right now. I have right this second 398 members. I will be getting a lot more, I can state that as a fact ;)

elma is not a small community. If I am getting (say) 500+ uniqie people every day that means there is thousands playing the game.
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

But these aren't true kuskis :wink:
DarkSky
Kuski

Post by DarkSky »

Kopaka wrote:But these aren't true kuskis :wink:
man, im not saying they are. My forum is what it is. I'm sure not all 1000+ of the people on mopolauta are true kuskis.....
chux
Kuski

Post by chux »

No, over half are either fake or people who have quit.
So if you knwo that theyre not real kuskis, then how can you claim that youre getting 50+ members a day? Or even that you have 400 users?
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without their motives being questioned.
DarkSky
Kuski

Post by DarkSky »

chux wrote:No, over half are either fake or people who have quit.
So if you knwo that theyre not real kuskis, then how can you claim that youre getting 50+ members a day? Or even that you have 400 users?
you seriously think I sit around making 200 members? What would the point be man? To have a huge fake forum? Can I please set the record straight. THESE ARE REAL PEOPLE THAT HAVE SIGNED UP. What do you mean 'have quit'?
chux
Kuski

Post by chux »

I mean people who have joined, posted and then quit elma and therefore the community.
Adding members would give you something 'brag'/'just let us know' about...but Im not saying you do that...
The_BoneLESS
38mins club

Post by The_BoneLESS »

Why are you all yelling ( in letters ) at each others...

Elastomaniacs : Very nice forums with less known kuskies

Mopolauta : Very nice forum with known kuskies...

Both are two nice elma forums for two different kinda kuskies

Maybe someday, both forum will live together in peace ... :P
DarkSky
Kuski

Post by DarkSky »

chux wrote:I mean people who have joined, posted and then quit elma and therefore the community.
Adding members would give you something 'brag'/'just let us know' about...but Im not saying you do that...
adding hundreds of members isnt something I would do. Brag? If i wanted to brag I would do it on a massive forum with lots of people, and make a huge deal of it. My forum is what it is, I dont add members for an ego fix.
Abula
Moposite admin

Post by Abula »

How the board is doing? Anything new there? Still growing like a big fire? I should find something to say for 4 more posts that I got to download the levels.
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

Havent said my opinion about this new community yet, so.... i checked it now and...it looks really nice (better outlook than lauta? ;P), too bad the people posting there are some russian noobs with 55 tt knowing 10 words of english and having caps lock on 90% of the time, not for me sorey. maybe ill register later, but at the moment another elma forum simply cant interest, even lauta is quite damn boring. well, lauta is good timekilling when im in school... abu btw 669 users there, beware, get ready ;), oh boy i whane see that wr table

ok one more edit, got quite good laughs from this nab forum, there is some faking gypsie adminnistrator showing his middle finger, now that gives an excellent impression(expression?) of the quality of that forum :D~
Luther
37mins club
Team: ICE

a

Post by Luther »

zweq your post above gave me tears in teh eye and laugh max :*
Nekit for president
DarkSky
Kuski

Post by DarkSky »

Zweq wrote:Havent said my opinion about this new community yet, so.... i checked it now and...it looks really nice (better outlook than lauta? ;P), too bad the people posting there are some russian noobs with 55 tt knowing 10 words of english and having caps lock on 90% of the time, not for me sorey. maybe ill register later, but at the moment another elma forum simply cant interest, even lauta is quite damn boring. well, lauta is good timekilling when im in school... abu btw 669 users there, beware, get ready ;), oh boy i whane see that wr table

ok one more edit, got quite good laughs from this nab forum, there is some faking gypsie adminnistrator showing his middle finger, now that gives an excellent impression(expression?) of the quality of that forum :D~
yeah well, I think you guys have made your point clear. That administrator is ME, and im not a 'faking gypsie' what ever the hell that is......
DarkSky
Kuski

Post by DarkSky »

The_BoneLESS wrote:You get lots of new users cause, you started with 0, so, some people join your forum....

Don't think you'll ever reach 1000 users like Mopolauta....

...and if you do, i'll give you the right to tell me i was wrong :wink:

Even though half of those users will be phantom users made by nobody else than you, trying to self-promote your site
This thread has been long dead, however I would like to finally state what you said I would have the right to do :)
From ElastoManiac.com website wrote: Our members have made a total of 3,608 posts
We have 1,180 registered members
The newest member is I_AM_T-rex
Most users ever online was 104 on Aug 7 2004, 06:36 PM
and no, boneless, these arent phantom users, these are real people, even if they dont post a hell of a lot. I do think that your view of my forum has changed though as you seem to be posting on it a fair bit, probably for the prize though ;)

Slender
Lostsoul
Kuski

Post by Lostsoul »

Come on, there's like average of 3 posts/member...

And most posts are made just to get that 5 posts to be able to download those (IMO bad) levels.

Of course there's some clever people but mostly... not so clever people.....
TT : 55:43:81
Napoleon
Kuski

Post by Napoleon »

From ElastoManiac.com website wrote: Our members have made a total of 3,608 posts
quite alot of posts by 1.180 members! wow :D
DarkSky
Kuski

Post by DarkSky »

Napoleon wrote:
quite alot of posts by 1.180 members! wow :D
yeah i know, its only about 3 posts per member, which sucks, I admit it.
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

Slender, you forum is so great! I really like the idea to make people suffer to post shit in favor of downloading some real deal levels!
Also rewarding them with lo-qualitystuff is damn nice, oh yeah.
go baby go, long live artificial communities, forever!1
DarkSky
Kuski

Post by DarkSky »

tijsjoris wrote:Slender, you forum is so great! I really like the idea to make people suffer to post shit in favor of downloading some real deal levels!
Also rewarding them with lo-qualitystuff is damn nice, oh yeah.
go baby go, long live artificial communities, forever!1
Glad to hear your liking it 8)
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

i guess it was a joke
[carebox]
DarkSky
Kuski

Post by DarkSky »

milagros wrote:i guess it was a joke
i was being sarcastic with my response....