Brand new Elma community thats growing like wild fire!!!!!

Advertise your levels, contests, sites etc.

Moderator: Moporators

DarkSky
Kuski

Brand new Elma community thats growing like wild fire!!!!!

Post by DarkSky »

I recently opened my brand new elma community about 1 day ago. We already have 82 members! We are getting about 50 members a day. Come over and help us grow the complimentary forums to Mopolauta :)

URL: http://www.elastomaniac.com

Have a great day :D

PS. First person to get 300 posts (minus mods) wins a free year of hosting valued at $120 :D
Luther
37mins club
Team: ICE

curiousity

Post by Luther »

I'm just curious, why create an additional Forum for elma? Isn't one enough? And isn't it really better to gather the scene in one place, than to divide it into several sections?

As far as I'm concerned, even though your forum looks great (and I'm sure works great as well), it seems pretty useless.

Who do you think will use your forum? What type of kuskis? And why do you think they will use two forums? Do you think this alternative is necessary, or even good for the scene to use.

Because honestly I don't think it will "attract" more people to the scene, or even expand the scene in any way. Rather the opposite.
Nekit for president
DarkSky
Kuski

Re: curiousity

Post by DarkSky »

Luther wrote:I'm just curious, why create an additional Forum for elma? Isn't one enough? And isn't it really better to gather the scene in one place, than to divide it into several sections?

As far as I'm concerned, even though your forum looks great (and I'm sure works great as well), it seems pretty useless.

Who do you think will use your forum? What type of kuskis? And why do you think they will use two forums? Do you think this alternative is necessary, or even good for the scene to use.

Because honestly I don't think it will "attract" more people to the scene, or even expand the scene in any way. Rather the opposite.
Bascically, two different audiences are involved here. Many visitors to my site have never heard of Mopolauta, and many visitors of Mopolauta have never heard of elastomaniac.com.

This is like saying why make two forums about any topic the in world. Honestly, I can make an elma forum if I like, and the numbers speak for themselves, 84 members in about two days.

My view on Mopolauta is this:

Small group of very active kuskis. Not many new members every day.

My view on my site:

General public who arent as active, but still play elma. Lots of new members every day.

My site and Mopolauta and a completely different kettel of fish, and my site wont do any damage to Mopolautas current visitors. I am simply offering kuskis choice in where they hang out.

Slender :)
Luther
37mins club

heh

Post by Luther »

Then can I call your forum "n00b-forum" ?
Nekit for president
DarkSky
Kuski

Re: heh

Post by DarkSky »

Luther wrote:Then can I call your forum "n00b-forum" ?
are you suggesting that all of the general public are n00bs? I'm sure some pretty good Kuskis will join my forum. Let me be honest, at my current sign up rate my forums will become huge, maybe bigger than Mopolauta one day. Like I said, my site, and mopolauta are different, for different people. I know most of you guys wont like my 'competing' against Mopolauta, but thats not what I am trying to do.

I have had nearly 1000 people a day visiting elastomaniac.com for 3 YEARS, so I finally decided to turn it into a forum and see how things went. I have a passion for forums, and I saw the opportunity right in front of me, so I went for it....think about it how ever you like, thats all I can say.
Luther
37mins club

a

Post by Luther »

Is it bragging I hear again?

Actually I'm quite concerned about new people entering the scene. And Moposite/Mopolauta is designed to be a useful tool for both newcomers and professional players. Hence your forum is useless, and it's always nice if the one who hosts a forum knows anything about elma, which you don't.

Only thing that bothers me is that your forum will give a false picture of the scene, and perhaps even make people think that your forum is where people discuss things, which it's not, or where players are present - which they will never be.

You can play elastomania with your friends at your forum and discuss how to do launchers and frog leaps.

Over and out.
Nekit for president
onlainari
Kuski

Post by onlainari »

I think your forum is good in a way... Many new guys does not bother to read and catch up with the mopolauta but still want to be active talking elma in a forum... So they can discuss the same things that have been discussed here without getting SveinR lock the topic or someone else coming in to their way saying "that's old, we have had this convo already" etc....

But keeping those enthusiastic kuskis away in the shade not letting them see the home of elastomania, the moposite,.. would be wrong,and many kuskis in here would think that -that is what you're doing, but I think they know what moposite is,and if not,they should be informed,because some of those kuskis might want to get deeper into elastomania,and thus they should know there's moposite and mopolauta too... but for most kuski there,probably it's much more comfortable forum than mopolauta
DarkSky
Kuski

Post by DarkSky »

onlainari wrote:I think your forum is good in a way... Many new guys does not bother to read and catch up with the mopolauta but still want to be active talking elma in a forum... So they can discuss the same things that have been discussed here without getting SveinR lock the topic or someone else coming in to their way saying "that's old, we have had this convo already" etc....

But keeping those enthusiastic kuskis away in the shade not letting them see the home of elastomania, the moposite,.. would be wrong,and many kuskis in here would think that -that is what you're doing, but I think they know what moposite is,and if not,they should be informed,because some of those kuskis might want to get deeper into elastomania,and thus they should know there's moposite and mopolauta too... but for most kuski there,probably it's much more comfortable forum than mopolauta
This is what I have to say to people with the logic that I need to inform them about the moposite:

It isn't my job to advertise other elma sites. I understand and respect The Moposite as the best site, but I am not responsible for informing others about it. If that is your logic, then should the Moposite inform all users about my alternative? If not, then how would your thinking be fair?
Serj
Kuski

Post by Serj »

You're all crybabies. Wtf does it matter where someone's hanging around on the internet. It's just a fucking game!
Image TT: 46:28,27 | OLP: 31:59,52 | Höylä: 11:57,74 | Lost: 58:17,71
DarkSky
Kuski

Post by DarkSky »

Serj wrote:You're all crybabies. Wtf does it matter where someone's hanging around on the internet. It's just a fucking game!
lmao, my thoughts too, I just didn't express them quite like that :P
DarkSky
Kuski

Re: a

Post by DarkSky »

Luther wrote:Is it bragging I hear again?

Actually I'm quite concerned about new people entering the scene. And Moposite/Mopolauta is designed to be a useful tool for both newcomers and professional players. Hence your forum is useless, and it's always nice if the one who hosts a forum knows anything about elma, which you don't.

Only thing that bothers me is that your forum will give a false picture of the scene, and perhaps even make people think that your forum is where people discuss things, which it's not, or where players are present - which they will never be.

You can play elastomania with your friends at your forum and discuss how to do launchers and frog leaps.

Over and out.
I give up, all I can say to you is stop winging, its a free country, and I can make an elma forum if I like.
Hence your forum is useless
really? Well could you explain why 50 people are registering each day?
Luther
37mins club

a

Post by Luther »

Indeed. I'm sure you'll be praised for your efforts one day.
Nekit for president
DarkSky
Kuski

Post by DarkSky »

Luther wrote:Indeed. I'm sure you'll be praised for your efforts one day.
You still havent explained why people are signing up if my forum is in fact useless.
Luther
37mins club

a

Post by Luther »

Bragging again?
Nekit for president
DarkSky
Kuski

Post by DarkSky »

Luther wrote:Bragging again?
omg! I am not bragging. I am simply pointing something out to you. If my forum was useless, i would have 0 members. So, obviously, lots of people DO think it isn't useless, therefore your views don't appear to be accurate. I'm not here to start a huge argument, I just don't like people attacking my efforts when I have already explained the situation.

Your views give me this impression: You think my site should be wiped out as Mopolauta meets everyones needs.

Well, let me put this into perspective. There are a lot of people on Mopolauta giving their views on elma, so how about the mods just delete you from the system, why have more than one when you arent REALLY required. Sounds stupid right? Well thats what I think about where your coming from. People are entitled to choice and different opinions.
Luther
37mins club

:)

Post by Luther »

Have you yet finished level 55?
Nekit for president
DarkSky
Kuski

Re: :)

Post by DarkSky »

Luther wrote:Have you yet finished level 55?
Yes, I have clocked all the internal levels.
DarkSky
Kuski

Re: :)

Post by DarkSky »

SlenderBelly wrote:
Luther wrote:Have you yet finished level 55?
Yes, I have clocked all the internal levels.
lol, so we've gone all quiet now :P
Luther
37mins club

asd

Post by Luther »

I'm just so amazed you clocked level 55 :X
Nekit for president
DarkSky
Kuski

Re: asd

Post by DarkSky »

Luther wrote:I'm just so amazed you clocked level 55 :X
my mistake, I have clocked 54, but 55 is impossible.
iob
Kuski

Re: Brand new Elma community thats growing like wild fire!!!

Post by iob »

imho posting so much about your forum here is poor netiquette
DarkSky
Kuski

Re: Brand new Elma community thats growing like wild fire!!!

Post by DarkSky »

iob wrote:imho posting so much about your forum here is poor netiquette
um, I posted about my forum in that other thread because someone asked for links to my sites. I then posted here as it seemed like a perfect place to advertise, and I have since been responding to poeples comments about it. I wouldn't call it 'posting so much'.
Abula
Moposite admin
Team: FM

Post by Abula »

Hey. I think Slender's forum is pretty good for n00bs as onlainari descrieped. Actually I wouldn't like to get here loads of newbies. I just wonder where have you advertised your forum since so many are joining? some big gaming forum? Some of them doesn't seem so interested in Elma. Be carefully your forum won't get just pure shit. It needs moderating. Otherwise it will be filled with "my level", "good time?", "check this" topics.

About advertising: you are not responsible for it but if you want to make good to scene you would advertise other sites too. At least we do (not so quickly nowdays, I know, it's not the highest priority anyway.

And the number or your levels on your site. Didn't you just copied them from other sites? Pretty lame I my opinion. And actually Moposite has over 20 000 if this is important, Csaba just doesn't update it to the official site (not sure if I have informed him though).

And hey: you got an eternal ban but you created a phantom user. We are planning a huge banning festival and you will be there then. For how long long... we'll see.
40:02,71 (151.) | WCup4: 8. | 3x WR | 3x GAA | 11x FEM | KOM | The History of Elasto Mania (1995-2018)
DarkSky
Kuski

Post by DarkSky »

Abula wrote:Hey. I think Slender's forum is pretty good for n00bs as onlainari descrieped. Actually I wouldn't like to get here loads of newbies. I just wonder where have you advertised your forum since so many are joining? some big gaming forum? Some of them doesn't seem so interested in Elma. Be carefully your forum won't get just pure shit. It needs moderating. Otherwise it will be filled with "my level", "good time?", "check this" topics.

About advertising: you are not responsible for it but if you want to make good to scene you would advertise other sites too. At least we do (not so quickly nowdays, I know, it's not the highest priority anyway.

And the number or your levels on your site. Didn't you just copied them from other sites? Pretty lame I my opinion. And actually Moposite has over 20 000 if this is important, Csaba just doesn't update it to the official site (not sure if I have informed him though).

And hey: you got an eternal ban but you created a phantom user. We are planning a huge banning festival and you will be there then. For how long long... we'll see.
Listen, I have come back to make ammends. You don't have to be so nasty. Also, with regards to advertising other sites, my site was scrubbed from your list :P

I really don't want to be in an eternal arguement with you guys, it would be a lot better if we could just get along.
onlainari
Kuski

Post by onlainari »

but I think they know what moposite is,and if not,they should be informed,because some of those kuskis might want to get deeper into elastomania
Well, I'll change that "should" to "could" ,because I don't mean it should be done. I just think that this is one thing that I would like to do if I see a player that might want more from elma. And no, I'm not aksing yu to do it. They'll figure it out by themselves probably,they already have a poll about it in your site. :)
DarkSky
Kuski

Post by DarkSky »

they already have a poll about it in your site. :)
exactly, like one of the first things I posted about was the moposite. Considering the attidude I get from Abula most people would be anti-moposite by now, but im still respecting it.
Abula
Moposite admin

Post by Abula »

Slender: wonder why I behave like I do towards you? http://moposite.com/mopolauta/search.ph ... er%20Belly

We have rules and you broke them. Surely you'll get a punishment as others. You could have asked me to unban you but instead you just created a new user.

Moreover I asked two questions, could you please answer?
40:02,71 (151.) | WCup4: 8. | 3x WR | 3x GAA | 11x FEM | KOM | The History of Elasto Mania (1995-2018)
DarkSky
Kuski

Post by DarkSky »

Abula wrote:Slender: wonder why I behave like I do towards you? http://moposite.com/mopolauta/search.ph ... er%20Belly

We have rules and you broke them. Surely you'll get a punishment as others. You could have asked me to unban you but instead you just created a new user.

That was last year, I have come back breaking no rules. You said I would be banned for only a few months, but it appears my old account doesnt even exist anymore? Maybe i am wrong but I thought my old account had disappeared.

I havent advertised it anywhere. All the traffic I get is from people who have visited it in the past and come back. Slowly because of this my traffic has gotten higher.
Totti
Kuski

Post by Totti »

Slender, just one thing.
Rewarding a person for getting 300 posts sounds really stupid... Do you wan´t me to sign up there and post 300 crappy and useless posts to your great forum?
DarkSky
Kuski

Post by DarkSky »

Totti wrote:Slender, just one thing.
Rewarding a person for getting 300 posts sounds really stupid... Do you wan´t me to sign up there and post 300 crappy and useless posts to your great forum?
Totti, one of the conditions of that competition is for the posts to be good, clean and no rubbish posts.
DarkSky
Kuski

Post by DarkSky »

Abula wrote:Slender: wonder why I behave like I do towards you? http://moposite.com/mopolauta/search.ph ... er%20Belly

Surely a whole year of being banned is enough punishment for the stupidity of what I did a whole year ago. I was going through some rough times, and I took my anger out on you guys. I've come back, been good, apologized, copped flack, surely you think I have learnt my lesson? If you ban me again I would say your doing it because I've started an elma forum, because this is the first i've heard about me getting another ban.
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

SlenderBelly wrote: If you ban me again I would say your doing it because I've started an elma forum, because this is the first i've heard about me getting another ban.
It's been in the cards, so to speak, ever since you joined the forum by creating a phantom user, that you would be banned again.
Was it cast for the mass who burn and toil?
Or for the vultures who thirst for blood and oil?
Rules | FAQ
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

looks like in a few months slender belly will have 5000 users, his own wr table (of course with much better times than moposite's), record lists, replays OMG!!!
when i get banned at mopolauta i'll join, i promise :lol:
[carebox]
The_BoneLESS
38mins club
Team: HHIT

Post by The_BoneLESS »

You get lots of new users cause, you started with 0, so, some people join your forum....

Don't think you'll ever reach 1000 users like Mopolauta....

...and if you do, i'll give you the right to tell me i was wrong :wink:

Even though half of those users will be phantom users made by nobody else than you, trying to self-promote your site
Website || TT:38:05:33 || WC5:15th || HHIT for life || 9th world wide ... BAP is next
Viper_KillerGuy
PHPer

ehm...

Post by Viper_KillerGuy »

what does it mean to "clock" a level? that just doesn't make sense to me.

And about your site, it would be fun if you made an evil script that stole the WRs from moposite and posted them at your site with a fancier design, and said that moposite was the one stealing them from you.
Or! you could spammail everyone on moposlauta about every little thing you change on you site.
Or! you could make your army of n00bs do DoS attacks agenst moposite, that would be cool to.

War is fun until someone gets killed, and on the internet noone ever does... most likely.

edit:
I've looked at the forum and the only kuski i saw was kopaka, and the only non-spam post he made was being flamed by an admin.

n00bs are evil, they've learned their ways through cs.
Last edited by Viper_KillerGuy on 3 Aug 2004, 23:22, edited 1 time in total.
DarkSky
Kuski

Post by DarkSky »

The_BoneLESS wrote:You get lots of new users cause, you started with 0, so, some people join your forum....

Don't think you'll ever reach 1000 users like Mopolauta....

...and if you do, i'll give you the right to tell me i was wrong :wink:

Even though half of those users will be phantom users made by nobody else than you, trying to self-promote your site
We will have passed 1000 users in less than a month. I have no need to create phantom users since real people are signing up.
Abula
Moposite admin

Post by Abula »

It's still the quality before quantity. With levels and users. Nevermind.
DarkSky
Kuski

Post by DarkSky »

Abula wrote:It's still the quality before quantity. With levels and users. Nevermind.
Yes, and I agree. My site is nothing compared to Mopolauta atm. Look, im just having a crack at this forum, and seeing how it goes.
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

i can't help myself but i think almost every question in the forum is somehow stupid
like how deos elma works in xp, craziest replay, best time, what should be added, good skins,..........
looks like n00b phantom questions or what
[carebox]
DarkSky
Kuski

Post by DarkSky »

milagros wrote:i can't help myself but i think almost every question in the forum is somehow stupid
like how deos elma works in xp, craziest replay, best time, what should be added, good skins,..........
looks like n00b phantom questions or what
ah huh, ah huh. There are no phantom users on the forum. I'm actually watching something hilarious on TV, so hilarious that im just too happy to care about the endless insults I get on Mopolauta. Just get over it, if its such a crap forum you guys have nothing to worry about.
8-ball
39mins club
Team: MiE

Post by 8-ball »

How about a Topic "What is ElastoMania"?
39:37,91
DarkSky
Kuski

Post by DarkSky »

8-ball wrote:How about a Topic "What is ElastoMania"?
well, if you dont know the answer to that question maybe you should join and ask 8)
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

i don't care if there are anz phantom users there
only those topics are too stupid, never seen anything like that at lauta
[carebox]
DarkSky
Kuski

Post by DarkSky »

milagros wrote:i don't care if there are anz phantom users there
only those topics are too stupid, never seen anything like that at lauta
considering the forum is not even three days old I dont think a fair amount of time has passed for anyone to be making judgements about how things will go. Yes, I agree those topics are n00bish, but they were posted by real users, and im sure the same sort of posts have been posted on Mopolauta, but due to the size of Mopolauta arent so noticeable.
Bonobo
Kuski

Post by Bonobo »

I heard about someone beeing banned for rating you forum 0/10 when it wasn't on the scale, is that true? 8O
[TT=1:01.67] || < [AC] >, Go
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

some fuckthis or fuckthat or fucksomething was it
[carebox]
Visions
Kuski

Post by Visions »

isn´t is strange that you allow him to make commercial for his forum about elma on your forum about elma?....it´s like adidas would have niké posters in their head quarters. Not that it really matters but anyway, since noone seems to like this guy is it really necessary to let him post around like a freak on his two threads :)
I don´t get it.
Abula
Moposite admin

Post by Abula »

Adidas neither Nike trying to make a better world like we, at least Moposite, try (Elma world). And we have no money included to this.
DarkSky
Kuski

Post by DarkSky »

milagros wrote:some fuckthis or fuckthat or fucksomething was it
He wasn't banned for rating the site 0. He was banned for his username 'fuckthis'.

Abula might be liberal about swearing on his forum, but I'm not. I don't accept any swearing. And it was obvious he was just someone causing trouble. My suspicions have been confirmed, he was from Mopolauta. Please explain who you heard this from? More likely it was you or one of your friends that joined as fuckthis.
DarkSky
Kuski

Post by DarkSky »

Visions wrote:isn´t is strange that you allow him to make commercial for his forum about elma on your forum about elma?....it´s like adidas would have niké posters in their head quarters. Not that it really matters but anyway, since noone seems to like this guy is it really necessary to let him post around like a freak on his two threads :)
WTF? This is the advertising forum meant for people do advertise their elma sites on...... :roll: