My Mappack #1 (Im Noob at it)

Advertise your levels, contests, sites etc.

Moderator: Moporators

Crypt
Kuski

My Mappack #1 (Im Noob at it)

Post by Crypt »

http://www.freewebs.com/cryptelastomani ... pPack1.zip
(RIGHT CLICK SAVE TARGET AS...)

That is my Newbie Mappack, I am not good at map making but these might interest you for a minute or so :p. I have had this game for a while now and it is one of the best games I have found on the net!
TT ~ 50:42
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

i`m sorry to you but is one of the worst lev packs i`ve ever seen (and i`ve seen many bad lev packs)
look at www.elmasite.com for some tips
Revolt
Kuski

Post by Revolt »

when i click on the link it reloads this page and when i save target as, it saves this page :S
hi
Antz
Donator
Team: Quack

Post by Antz »

have to agree, the levels are very crude and 'noobish'. lots of gravity (i remember liking using it back when i made similar looking levels), annoying how you get too much speed and crash in some place i doubt the maker never died at, the levels just look ugly, large polygons crudely placed. also, some levels are overly simple. you just press gas all the way to the end and need not do two flips, and you finish the level. i'd like to ask the maker about the level with a long jump and a hundred triangles, did you actually ever survive the jump yourself? i know it's possible and finished 20:4x, but i mean really ;X..

new levelmakers, please read the guide dz(?) wrote before you go publishing your levelpacks, if you want any actually positive feedback.
Lukazz
36mins club

Re: My Mappack #1 (Im Noob at it)

Post by Lukazz »

the only thing that`s even more n00bisher than your levels are youre times in Crypt 3 i did 23:xx second finish and your time was 31:xx or sumething
Crypt
Kuski

Post by Crypt »

Well i dont play this game everyday for 24 hours like you do, Thats why I dont get such a good goddamn time, and you people should have known it wasnt going to be good because it says noob mappack
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

i don't play 24 hours a day elma. im 13 years old and i have to go to school i have other things to do than just elma elma elma.
and why do you advertise your levs when you now that tey're bad. i think i can make a much better level pack in less than half an hour.
Wezz
Kuski

Post by Wezz »

Its nice that you advertise your levels, but why dont try to get better before you put them on the net???

Keep it up :)

ooh, stop by at www.elastomaniac.com....

On that site, theres more "N00bs"...

bwt, Lukazz, you are right, but you dont have to be that hard against him.... :?
Last edited by Wezz on 4 Jan 2005, 19:52, edited 1 time in total.
Wezz 1-100 Levels - PTL pack - ADLP Pack - CR Pack - My Website - Team Website - Proud member of TEM - DONT WANT A ELMA 2!!! My internal TT: 45:xx:xx - Team TEM TT: 39:xx:xx Image
Crypt
Kuski

Post by Crypt »

Try this map and tell me if its any better http://www.freewebs.com/cryptelastomania/Freefall.zip

i made it yesterday :p
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

yeah it's 1000 times better but why you don't use gras picture...
and don't make those islands in the air i make a better version of your lev and will send it to you

btw: what's your TT
Crypt
Kuski

Post by Crypt »

ok thanks, my tt on that is I think just below a minute in the 50's,
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

http://www.mxb.dk/upload2/Freefal2.lev

rofl rofl rofl

1:01:xx:xx ain't that bad i wonder why you have such bad times on your first lev pack
Last edited by Lukazz on 4 Jan 2005, 19:52, edited 1 time in total.
Crypt
Kuski

Post by Crypt »

lol Freefall 2 is awesome!
zworqy
Kuski

Post by zworqy »

Revolt wrote:when i click on the link it reloads this page and when i save target as, it saves this page :S
I get that too :S
<Fihlvein> another case of zworqy-is-always-right closed i guess
<yoosef> zworqy doesnt suck at anything
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

One tip for beginning levmakers is to make first something like 100 good levels, and then the ones after those to publish MAYBE. Trust me, I made mistakes too with sucky levs. If anyone remember FLTRAK levels? They were hopeless.
Antz
Donator
Team: Quack

Post by Antz »

like 50-70 of my first battle levels were from bad to worse. but nowadays i think i make ok levels, at least i try a bit harder than back then..
Wezz
Kuski

Post by Wezz »

The first levels i made was awful too, and i included em in my pack, and that was a very dum idea....You can see my full pack under a topic here in Advertising.....Its almost comic!

...And they all need Lgrs; nearly all of em
Wezz 1-100 Levels - PTL pack - ADLP Pack - CR Pack - My Website - Team Website - Proud member of TEM - DONT WANT A ELMA 2!!! My internal TT: 45:xx:xx - Team TEM TT: 39:xx:xx Image
psy
pappamopo

Post by psy »

sorey, no solutions today
I used to believe in many things, all of it! Now, I believe only in dynamite.
Crypt
Kuski

Post by Crypt »

I just want to have fun playing my levels, Not to have all this hard shit so its pretty much impossible for some people. Half of the levs I d/l are super hard.
insane guy
Kuski

Post by insane guy »

OT:
this discussion is rediculous.... (imo)
"Every night, me go to sleep, me have wet dream..."