mapmaker online

Advertise your levels, contests, sites etc.

Moderator: Moporators

Domovoy
Kuski

mapmaker online

Post by Domovoy »

wrote this script long tiem ago but not sure if somebody here knows about it o_O.
So here goes the short description.

Teh main target of uisng this script surely is getting maps for levels. =)

Teh main link to use is:
http://mapmaker.hoyler.net/online/?link=<link>[&width=<width>][&zoom=<zoom>][&drawobj={0;1}]

link - obviously link to certain level.
width - map width needed. Cant be less than 297px or so.
zoom - teh number, probably with fraction, not sure. zoom=1 (deafult) - elma-navigator zoom, zoom=10 - natural level size in elma.
If neither width nor zoom is set, script will choose either default zoom or default width (297px). Pretty random. ^__^
If both width and zoom are set then script ignores the zoom.

drawobj - by default script draws real objects (kilahz, apelz, flowahs and biek) instead of colored dots (liek in elma navigator). If you dont like it you can set drawobj to 0. If you like it, but for some unknown reasons script draws dots, force it to draw objects by setting drawobj to 1.

The result will be definitely png picuture. Error pages can be though but sure it doesnt matter. =)

Links sampels:
http://mapmaker.hoyler.net/online/?link ... SkP001.lev
http://mapmaker.hoyler.net/online/?link ... &width=500
http://mapmaker.hoyler.net/online/?link ... ev&zoom=10
http://mapmaker.hoyler.net/online/?link ... &drawobj=0

Of course feel free to write here bug reports and anej suggestions. But don't hope that i will response it =) because i visit lauta rare.
If you want to use my siet in your project (i.e. site or program) plz contact me somehow.

And yep there is some argument to cut off information in the top of the picture but i dont remember it. noinfo=1 or smth else. dunno.
Xiphias
39mins club

Post by Xiphias »

nice way to get nice lvl maps :D though im not sure if ill use it much..
but is nice :)
Thorze wrote:I just wanted to make a cool topic like Juish have cool topics..
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

Domovoy first asked me if I wanted to add it in battlebot, but I decided not to. Either way, you can add this script for example in your remote, and it should give a link to this map viewer thingie when a new battle starts.

Very untested and crappy, feel free to improve it:

Code: Select all

on *:text:*http*:#battle: {
  if (($nick == battlebot) && ($regex(cock,$1-,/.*(http.*)\s.*/))) {
    echo #battle $+(http://mapmaker.hoyler.net/online/?link=,$regml(cock,1),&width=500)
  }
}
Prestigious member of 14.6x Tutor14 club
Kestas
Kuski

Post by Kestas »

yeah i really like the idea and elma.ru is very a convinient place for battles with this script. why would you not approve it for battlebot like that? it should be desided by the rest of battle community, not just the one person imo.
berhabdul
Banned

Post by berhabdul »

everyone can do it himself, i guess there is no point in giving one more confusing link

what's more, logost's battle script provides drawing a map before battling
Juble
Hat tricker

Post by Juble »

does anyone use the regular(in-game) editor for battles anymore?

or are you all using these ALE and draw maps now? (such a shame) :(
jonsterion
Kuski

Post by jonsterion »

Juble wrote:does anyone use the regular(in-game) editor for battles anymore?

I use elma original editor 95% of the times. I hate the "select" on ALE.
Those 5% are splited in 2 different editors: ALE and radim's levmaker.
I use ALE to split big polygons and to add grass on large levs. Radim's to create levs (mainly numbers and letters for pipe levs) from .png images.
As for watching the lev map I still use the original editor with pics and grass turned off.
belele
Domovoy
Kuski

Post by Domovoy »

does anyone use the regular(in-game) editor for battles anymore?
Really the online version was designed not for balles but for getting maps in PNG format (it's rather hard to find fast library with good optimization and i'm too lazy to write my one).

But if we're talking about battles.. =)
1. Imho internal editor is max uncomfortable in complex levels where you can't decide what polygon is ground and what is sky.
2. As i remember, editor options are not saved in state.dat so you have to turn off grass and pics every time you launch elma.
3. Also when the lev is big it's not so easy to distinguish objects types.
4. And finally w/o hib's patches it also takes a time to find the lev you need.
That's why in balles' hurry i prefer to use more comfortable viewers. And mapmakers (both offline and online) are the best (fastest and nicest) :P
are you still using Elma 1.11a instead of later unofficial patches? no? oh, such a shame :)
jonsterion
Kuski

Post by jonsterion »

"1. Imho internal editor is max uncomfortable in complex levels where you can't decide what polygon is ground and what is sky."

Never happened to me and never heard ppl with that kind of problem in editor. Maybe you don't have much editor experience.
"are you still using Elma 1.11a instead of later unofficial patches? no? oh, such a shame :)"

^^ Not the same point.
belele
zebra
Kuski
Team: TAP

Post by zebra »

jonsterion wrote:"1. Imho internal editor is max uncomfortable in complex levels where you can't decide what polygon is ground and what is sky."

Never happened to me and never heard ppl with that kind of problem in editor. Maybe you don't have much editor experience.
I agree, internal editor is the best. Maybe it's that i'm used to use that.
You should remember that testing the level is maybe the most important thing in level designing, and you can't do that in other editors.
A winner of 4 GAA's (mc2 included), winner of mkup206, and a proud member of team TAP.
Play uni levels: http://koti.mbnet.fi/zebra/uni.html
Homepage: http://koti.mbnet.fi/zebra/elma.html
Kestas
Kuski

Post by Kestas »

who said you cant?

anyway, i'm using ale and it's way more convinient and easyer to use. it sure adds you more space on variety of better functions like making a grid to make the lev even more smoother and symetrical (you can play with grid parameters as well). you will never get a function like crosshair following your mouse moves in default editor. and importing levels like numbers and stuff is so kewl. i could continue and continue but i'm not gonna be bothered explaining y ale owns default one but i can say it for sure that levs made in default one looks much more uglyer to compare (except maybe ones from few serious designers)

you ppl are just way too conservative to brake the shell and take a look what's outside of it.
Xiphias
39mins club

Post by Xiphias »

It's so mongo when u have to test the lvls in Ale..
when i make lvls (Internal Editor) i always test the levels at least 50 times... can end up being a couple of hundreds of times when its some +2 min long lvl.

Ez just use the internal editor u folks... way better =)

And for Autograss... I think it makes the lvl look bad... at least it should be max improved... there's just something about that auto made grass. had to say that.
END OF STORY
Thorze wrote:I just wanted to make a cool topic like Juish have cool topics..
Domovoy
Kuski

Post by Domovoy »

"1. Imho internal editor is max uncomfortable in complex levels where you can't decide what polygon is ground and what is sky."
Of course i don't, i'm not levmaker at all. =)
But the problem raises not while creating own levels, but while navigating through other's. When you're looking at the level first time you have no pre-knowledge about it's sky/ground structure, and you will undoubtedly get this structure _faster_ when the polygons are filled with proper color, not when all polygons have same color.
btw there're still three more points to argue on. :lol:
"are you still using Elma 1.11a instead of later unofficial patches? no? oh, such a shame :)"

^^ Not the same point.
Juble said "we all" should remember old good editor and shouldn't change it for newer. Replace the word "editor" with "elma version". o_O
Or maybe Juble wanted to say that internal editor is the universal tool, best for all purposes? I don't see any reasons for that claim. Every editor available has it's own advantages and disadvantages. Internal editor allows you to test levels quickly, ALE is more user-friendly and has some useful tools, but is rather buggy and max uncomfortalbe in testing, Radim's allows you to convert pictures to levs, but requires .net, and so on. Imho it's normal that "we all" have the alternative.

Anyway we're speaking here about viewer so plz stop that hard offtopic about editors. =)
Mawane
Kuski
Team: SV

Re: mapmaker online

Post by Mawane »

reup plz :)
Website || TT:41:45:64 || Team Image
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198025490048]Image[/url]
Mawane
Kuski
Team: SV

Re: mapmaker online