New project on the making - suggestions wanted

Advertise your levels, contests, sites etc.

Moderator: Moporators

niN
Kuski
Team: HoHo

New project on the making - suggestions wanted

Post by niN »

Hi everyone. I've started yet another one of my infamous projects!

(I know it's a lot of text but give it a glimt at least :))

I'm thinking of starting a certain kind of contest (not yet within a couple of months though). Where you play up to 100 levels of hopefully good quality. First of all I wish to say that I will do my best to attract people and I will advertise this cup on many other forums. If you could help to attract readers please redirect them to this topic. Thanks!
About the idea, I will have you registered to a completely new and php based website. You will then be moved into one of two groups containing people to compete against (other people who have registered). Once registered you are a part of the cup and can not be removed. I will let enough people register and when I feel that enough have I will release the levels. Ten completely new levels will be released every ten days and each group will have the same levels (though you will only be playing against the ones in your group). Then after those ten days have passed a new ten levels will be published and it's now these levels you will be playing. This will carry on until every level is unhooked.
This might sound quite boring and same-same, but there will be special events taking place such as: Special levels will be released, people will be moved from one group to the other at a random time and other various events. This is not 100% thought through yet, but that's the idea and support would be very much wanted.

Please say what you think of the idea and if you have any suggestions I would love to hear them. If enough people are interested I will finish the project, if not then I will bury it. Site and more info will come when it's time.
Team HotHorses, and I'm converting to Icelandian now...
WkE
Kuski

Post by WkE »

The whole tournament structure sounds a little vague to me.
Why are there 2 groups necessary? What's the final goal? How do you decide who's the winner, if at all? How is this any different from other cups? (except minor changes like quantity of levels)

I don't really get the "essence" of this initiative :?
TT: 43:03.93 | AVG: 47:03.65 | Image | Team Site [TR] || TR Forum | 1 Pro, 27 Good, 26 OK
Palme
Kuski

Post by Palme »

WkE wrote:The whole tournament structure sounds a little vague to me.
Why are there 2 groups necessary? What's the final goal? How do you decide who's the winner, if at all? How is this any different from other cups? (except minor changes like quantity of levels)

I don't really get the "essence" of this initiative :?
Agreed, i need more infos to decide...

Then i guess i ll probably not participate, cuz 10levs in 10 days is way too much for me, and i don t like to send in bad times like in LOS cup
Apoku RuLeZ! X) http://teamapoku.funpic.de

- me signature is good signature -
Grace
38mins club
Location: Deep in your Imagination, Twirling your Dreams and Weaving your thoughts.

Post by Grace »

It's a great idea, but maybe it could just be normal tourney structue with 100 levels?

i could contribute some Levels if you want.

oh btw, niN, what happened to quitting =P
Image Cyberscore! Image
Targets: 6 Legendary, 23 WC, 20 Pro, 5 Good | AvgTT: 39:59:96
berhabdul
Banned

Post by berhabdul »

i liked your quitment, where is it now? :o
Staar
Kuski

Post by Staar »

that's interessting. and levels would be short, right? :)
Rock n Roll All Night and party everyday
Johann
Kuski

Post by Johann »

ye, if levels are all under-minute it's cool
TT: 40:36,84
Team: none
Staar
Kuski

Post by Staar »

i could contribute some levs too! :wink:
Rock n Roll All Night and party everyday
niN
Kuski

Post by niN »

Ok to clear some things up:
I guess ten levels in ten days is actually way too much now that I think of it. I will change some things:

There will still be two groups, and after X amount of events the groups will become one and the top x (four?) of each group will form a third group where the final rounds will take place.

About the events, I could make it like this instead: Before each event starts, one decides how many levels he wish to play. The more he choses the more points he will have a chance of taking. But you can't choose too many because then you won't be able to get decent times on all of them. You may maximum choose say... 10 (?) levels and minimum one. The time between each events will be say... 13 (?) days.
berhabdul
Banned

Post by berhabdul »

but niN say a word about your quitting, where is it now?
niN
Kuski

Post by niN »

What do you mean?
Grace
38mins club
Location: Deep in your Imagination, Twirling your Dreams and Weaving your thoughts.

Post by Grace »

Many Months ago, you said you were quitting.

i quote as closely as possible:
niN wrote:Over and Out . Thanks for all the years!
But yet you continue to be here organizing competitions.[/quote]
Image Cyberscore! Image
Targets: 6 Legendary, 23 WC, 20 Pro, 5 Good | AvgTT: 39:59:96
niN
Kuski

Post by niN »

yes well this isn't really the place to talk about this but I can put a closure to that question here anyway: Thor persuaded me to come back and see what I'd think of the scene. And when I checked moposite out it had been announced that GAA07 had just started. Anyways on topic, I will make a website with all the info you need, and you will be able to sign up for the cup. If enough people sign up then we might have it start some month after LOS cup.
niN
Kuski

Post by niN »

Decided to make a new site with active contests instead.

http://www.creapple.se/nIN/afterschool/

Please comment the design and tell me if you wish to change something concerning the design. The links aren't working yet and there's nothing there yet. I just want you to comment the design and layout. If you could :)
Bjenn
35mins club
Team: EF

Post by Bjenn »

Hmm maybe too dark background..
Hx
Kuski

Post by Hx »

yeah its a little dark, looks cool but
TT - 45:33
niN
Kuski

Post by niN »

Okay, I'll edit the background slightly -->

http://www.creapple.se/nIN/afterschool/

keep em coming, thx guys :) Maybe I should change background in the 'info' panel ("This site is copyrighted (C) by Fred Milner from the date of...")?
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

Still very dark, maybe change the text color to white?

Also the "This site is copyrighted (C..." looks weird in ie7: http://up.k10x.net/krilfqygclrpa/nin.PNG
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

Looks the same in ff, atleast for me
John: lol hittade ett popcorn i naveln
(19:52:06) (@Madnezz) The Golden Apple Award goes to.....
(19:52:36) (@Madnezz) ib9814.lev by igge!!!
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
niN
Kuski

Post by niN »

Kopaka wrote:Still very dark, maybe change the text color to white?

Also the "This site is copyrighted (C..." looks weird in ie7: http://up.k10x.net/krilfqygclrpa/nin.PNG
Thats probably because you have got a pretty small screen. Could you send me a schot of the entire site from left to the right? If the problem is that you have a small screen then I will fix is by moving the info box to some other place for people with screens smaller than others. But anyways for now, could you show me a bigger shot so I know if that's the problem or not? thanks. You too Igge. And both of you, could you tell me what resolutions you are using?

Anyways, when you say that the site is too dark, do you mean that it's too dark to read, or too dark to fit your taste? I will change the background in the box slightly and see if it helps. Keep the help coming :) thx
The_BoneLESS
38mins club
Team: HHIT

Post by The_BoneLESS »

well, the black text is readable but, could be better. You links (light green) are just the perfect color to use on you dark background.

You should use some other light color for the text (which is black at the moment).
Website || TT:38:05:33 || WC5:15th || HHIT for life || 9th world wide ... BAP is next
zworqy
Kuski

Post by zworqy »

niN wrote:

Thats probably because you have got a pretty small screen. Could you send me a schot of the entire site from left to the right? If the problem is that you have a small screen then I will fix is by moving the info box to some other place for people with screens smaller than others. But anyways for now, could you show me a bigger shot so I know if that's the problem or not? thanks. You too Igge. And both of you, could you tell me what resolutions you are using?
The problem is that the welcome box is fixed position, but the rest is not so it slides under if the window isn't large enough
<Fihlvein> another case of zworqy-is-always-right closed i guess
<yoosef> zworqy doesnt suck at anything
niN
Kuski

Post by niN »

zworqy wrote:
niN wrote:

The problem is that the welcome box is fixed position, but the rest is not so it slides under if the window isn't large enough
Indeed. Thanks zworqy, I will do the info box in another td so that it will work. However, if I do that then the width of the site will be uncomfortable for some users with smaller screens. I will soulve it by moving the info box I think.

edit: I just fixed it. igge and kopaka, it should work alright now.

Anyways, changed the colour of the text now. Gimme some comments about that. Personally I like it, but liked black better.

edit #2: All of you who registered (Xiphias, Berhabdul, FinMan, ZeCone, Staar) need to do so again, the registration form was not completely finished. But you can now register!
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

I really like the way the colors look now!
The_BoneLESS
38mins club
Team: HHIT

Post by The_BoneLESS »

yep, it really looks good!
Website || TT:38:05:33 || WC5:15th || HHIT for life || 9th world wide ... BAP is next
MGZ
Kuski

Post by MGZ »

just registerd looks kewl.
"You can train a n00b, but he'll just be a trained n00b..."
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

why the fuck do i need to register to view teh site?
[carebox]
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

"Please register in able to enjoy this site!"

Well said! :lol2:
niN
Kuski

Post by niN »

tijsjoris wrote:"Please register in able to enjoy this site!"

Well said! :lol2:
hehe yeah, of course more will come as soon as I've done the coding for it. Thanks to you guys who helped me with the ideas and suggestions. I will take the site to the next step now - information. I will slowly take this site step by step closer to finish. When it's finished and one can upload records I will add small cool functions and other things to it.
milagros wrote:why the fuck do i need to register to view teh site?
Well, as I said before, this is just an example of how the site will look. I will change the functions later on etc. If people think it's a stupid idea to register before you get to view the site then I'll change it. Anyways, for now there isn't much to see so...
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

didnt tijs mean it should be like ""Please register in order to enjoy this site!" or something? "in able to" sounds wrong?
John: lol hittade ett popcorn i naveln
(19:52:06) (@Madnezz) The Golden Apple Award goes to.....
(19:52:36) (@Madnezz) ib9814.lev by igge!!!
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
niN
Kuski

Post by niN »

prolly ;) changed it.
niN
Kuski

Post by niN »

Work work work... School is going mad on me. I've got so much to do that I've'nt even got time to watch family guy today :(. Two tests tomorrow... Next week I only have one test and will probably be able to finish a couple of % with the site.

Oh and feel free to suggest functions and pages that you'd like to see on the homepage. Some special statistics? Some specific contests? So far I've got:
News, Info, Contests (quite heavy), Records, Replays, Downloads, Stuff/collections, Userpage.