Freestyle contest

Advertise your levels, contests, sites etc.

Moderator: Moporators

Type of freestyle you want

Poll ended at 14 Mar 2009, 00:20

Normal
No votes
Nitro with free acceleration
No votes
Nitro with fixed acceleration
No votes

Total votes: 0

Bismuth
Kuski
Team: <3

Freestyle contest

Post by Bismuth »

Hi :)

I thought about organising a freestyle contest. The idea is simple: you complete internals using wicked styles and mango tricks. There will probably be 18, 27 or 54 steps (depending on if there are one, two or three internals per step) and each step will most probably last a week. There will be judges who will evaluate the replays. The criterias will be originality, execution, "impsiness", etc.

Of course, before it starts, I would need contestants, judges and suggestions. If something is not clear, just ask. So now, discuss :D

Edit: I'll make here a list of judges and contestants.

Judges:
CMc
Bismuth
One more needed!

Contestants:
Everybody who wants to participate
Last edited by Bismuth on 28 Feb 2009, 00:20, edited 4 times in total.
:mrhat:
gimp
Kuski

Re: Freestyle contest

Post by gimp »

the thing is is that the current wrs are already the craziest impsyiest styles simply based off the fact that they are the fastest. anybody just putting in some extra flips or bounces because they seem "cool" doesnt really hold much interest in my opinion. i believe if this contest got anywhere it would only attract new players, and i dont even know who the judges would be. but perhaps im wrong.
God Bless America
Bismuth
Kuski

Post by Bismuth »

Faster styles are not always the most interesting to watch. The replays don't have to be fast (but of course if you make a lev, let's say Hill Legend, with a style that can do 20.xx ez and you make 35.xx because you're slow as hell, that would be considered in the execution)

For the judges, I can be a judge, and CMc told me he wanted to be one as well. Maybe two more people and it would be perfect.
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

There were some contest like this a long time ago, it was wildly unpopular, BUT it's still a nice idea, and it's always nice with original contests, so go for it =)
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

i got a nice hill legend freestyle rec, pls start this :P
TT: 36:59:53 || Avg TT: 38:09:65
Bismuth
Kuski

Post by Bismuth »

I don't think you understood well...

It will start soon, but it has not begun yet :|

I would need at least one more judge, two would be better, and there will be steps, like "first step: Internals 4, 11 and 32", and it lasts a week, you send your replays, and after that week the second step starts: "Internals 8, 21, 50" and during that week we evaluate the first step and we reveal the standings after 1st step when 2nd step is done, then during 3rd step we evaluate 2nd step and so on.

Of course, the internals 4, 8, 11, 21, 32 and 50 were just examples, maybe they will all be in a particular order, maybe they'll just be randomly chosen.

So now, you can submit your names, I add you in a list of contestants, and in 10-15 days I hope I will be able to get it started.
DaFred
39mins club

Post by DaFred »

sounds funny =)
Bismuth
Kuski

Post by Bismuth »

Bump, here.
Still no contestants, and CMc came with a nice idea: nitro freestyle. Any speed settings, no timeline modification (any normal settings, personally my nitro goes to 1600 speed I think). You can finish the level extremely fast or do mango tricks which will leave the jury 8O .
Bismuth
Kuski

Post by Bismuth »

Bump again.

Please people, either tell you participate, either tell you won't. But stop ignoring me.
hex
Kuski

Post by hex »

if jappe does, i will.
Mawane
Kuski
Team: SV

Post by Mawane »

what about he will if you do?
Website || TT:41:45:64 || Team Image
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198025490048]Image[/url]
hex
Kuski

Post by hex »

dude, i've just written a two-and-a-half-hours exam, please give me a break with those paradoxes. :P
Mawane
Kuski
Team: SV

Post by Mawane »

dont complain, i finished a 7h text today
Website || TT:41:45:64 || Team Image
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198025490048]Image[/url]
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

Bismuth wrote:Bump again.

Please people, either tell you participate, either tell you won't. But stop ignoring me.

Maybe that's your answer, no one is interested.. Anyway don't expect ppl to say they're paticipating, ppl are lazy, just start it and ppl with paticipate or not, but don't get your hopes up as per my previous post.
hex
Kuski

Post by hex »

well, at least, that is an honest answer. kudos, kopaka.
Bismuth
Kuski

Post by Bismuth »

Ok I'll start it as soon as I find another judge and CMc, who seems to have disappeared some weeks ago :?

So I edit first post now
hex
Kuski

Post by hex »

one word: markku.
hex
Kuski

Post by hex »

Mawane wrote:dont complain, i finished a 7h text today
you mean, a take home? seven hours straight is crazy, that i confess. last semester there were two courses (philosophy, and feminism), on which much essays were written the night only. that means much of the points on both of those courses were gained in all-nighters.

this semester, i did so i hadn't to put any all-nighters yet, though of the past three weeks i hadn't much life in the day. some digg and mopolauta, talking on the phone, washing, cooking, and some other important stuff, but plain writing all day. off course i could write a thesis right now about the history of the nineteenth century elastic congress, because i'm in the mood.

p.s. bismuth please edit topic title, because as you can see, you're a bit off-topic.