Elmanager

Advertise your levels, contests, sites etc.

Moderator: Moporators

Pab
38mins club

Re: Elmanager - Updated 13th October 2016

Post by Pab »

"Set distance and clipping to defaults" would do for me, coz i feel rly resistant to change the way it always was.

In my imo, two reasons to consider the defaults, they make a lot of sense almost always, and is very historically gak and ppl are mega used to it (maybe i talk only for my self).

So, for any solution, i would start settings from the default values and not Unclipped 550. And if possible, persists the user last settings when closing the editor, i close and open the editor constantly and with the current solution it start over from Unclipped 550 every time you open the editor. That caused me the most pain to use it, i just cant believe ppl said they liked the new settings, no one uses pics???

Anyway, start from defaults, and keep last choices (persist on close). That doesnt sound impsy bad :> BUT also including a "Set distance and clipping to defaults" is also a very safe bet for old resistant mans, and ppl that rly like the way it always was.
My Youtube Channel Level Stats Maker Battle Notifier!

Signatür ruined by SveinR - smaller plz :*
roope
37mins club
Team: MiE

Re: Elmanager - Updated 13th October 2016

Post by roope »

Add Level manager to Elmanager?
Team MiE - MiE Cup 1
Prestigious member of 14.6x Tutor14 club
Smibu
Kuski

Re: Elmanager - Updated 16th October 2016

Post by Smibu »

Alright, I improved the handling of default values in picture tool based on your suggestions and common sense. The logic goes like this:

* Change distance and clipping to default values automatically when creating a new picture.
* Change distance and clipping to default values automatically after clicking "D" button.
* No longer change distance or clipping after touching either of them manually.
* Do not change distance or clipping when editing an existing picture.
Pab wrote:keep last choices (persist on close)
Didn't make this for this version, but it's an OK feature request so I'll write it down. I mean, for now, distance and clipping are set to their defaults (according to what picture/texture was last selected) when creating a new one.
roope wrote:Add Level manager to Elmanager?
Two reasons why I wouldn't like to do that:
1. Level manager works just fine as a standalone tool; if I added that as a component in Elmanager, it would take an extra click to open it. Of course, I could add a command line option so that one can create a batch file for it so that it opens right away, but it would be basically same thing (and easier) to just copy LevelManager.exe inside Elmanager.zip.
2. Level manager is written in VB.NET while Elmanager is C#, so I couldn't just copy-paste the code files. There exists tools for converting VB.NET to C#, but usually they are not perfect and the code needs some manual fixes. And the code quality of LM is really bad anyway, so I wouldn't want to paste it to Elmanager without refactoring.

So, I guess I could simply include LevelManager.exe in Elmanager.zip. Maximum benefit with minimum effort?
Pawq wrote:The new version in a fresh folder works just fine :) Thanks a lot!
Ok, nice :)
Xiphias
39mins club

Post by Xiphias »

Smibu wrote: [...] 2. Level manager is written in VB.NET [...]
8O 8O 8O How come you wrote it in vb? Of all languages to choose from this seems like an odd/crazy choice :) Maybe for the experience?
:beer:
Thorze wrote:I just wanted to make a cool topic like Juish have cool topics..
Ruben
Kuski

Post by Ruben »

Is it possible to make a list of needed special libraries etc.? This way maybe I can make a Mac wrapper without just stabbing in the dark. Guesswork hasn't gotten me much thus far, the only thing that actually works without crashing is the Replay Manager.
<veezay> antti also gonna get stabbed later this month
<nick-o-matic> niec

My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

Xiphias wrote:
8O 8O 8O How come you wrote it in vb? Of all languages to choose from this seems like an odd/crazy choice :) Maybe for the experience?
Why do you think using VB is a crazy choice? I know next to nothing about VB, also very little about windows GUI programs, but I have a mindset that VB is pretty good for making a small-scale windows GUI program, which is why I'm asking.
Smibu
Kuski

Post by Smibu »

Xiphias wrote:8O 8O 8O How come you wrote it in vb? Of all languages to choose from this seems like an odd/crazy choice :) Maybe for the experience?
In 2009, I was a total noob at PC programming. I had coded a bit of VB6 at school, so I guess I chose VB because of that. Even Elmanager was VB.NET at first, but I converted it. Mostly because C# seemed to have some nice features, I liked its syntax more and it was easier to search answers for problems because it was more popular.
Ruben wrote:Is it possible to make a list of needed special libraries etc.? This way maybe I can make a Mac wrapper without just stabbing in the dark. Guesswork hasn't gotten me much thus far, the only thing that actually works without crashing is the Replay Manager.
Does this help? https://gitlab.com/Smibu/elmanager/raw/ ... ges.config
Ruben
Kuski

Post by Ruben »

Smibu wrote:
Xiphias wrote:8O 8O 8O How come you wrote it in vb? Of all languages to choose from this seems like an odd/crazy choice :) Maybe for the experience?
In 2009, I was a total noob at PC programming. I had coded a bit of VB6 at school, so I guess I chose VB because of that. Even Elmanager was VB.NET at first, but I converted it. Mostly because C# seemed to have some nice features, I liked its syntax more and it was easier to search answers for problems because it was more popular.
Ruben wrote:Is it possible to make a list of needed special libraries etc.? This way maybe I can make a Mac wrapper without just stabbing in the dark. Guesswork hasn't gotten me much thus far, the only thing that actually works without crashing is the Replay Manager.
Does this help? https://gitlab.com/Smibu/elmanager/raw/ ... ges.config
Thank you. Yes I should think so.
<veezay> antti also gonna get stabbed later this month
<nick-o-matic> niec

My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.
Pab
38mins club

Post by Pab »

Now editor pics are much better smibu :> didnt test much yet but seemd very oke ty!

Xiphias
39mins club

Post by Xiphias »

Zweq wrote:
Xiphias wrote:
Why do you think using VB is a crazy choice? I know next to nothing about VB, also very little about windows GUI programs, but I have a mindset that VB is pretty good for making a small-scale windows GUI program, which is why I'm asking.
Having experience with other languages I find the syntax for VB so weird. I guess for the underlaying architecture there is not much difference between C# and VB.NET since it probably gets compiled to the same byte code.
Thorze wrote:I just wanted to make a cool topic like Juish have cool topics..
roope
37mins club

Post by roope »

Smibu wrote:
roope wrote:Add Level manager to Elmanager?
Two reasons why I wouldn't like to do that:
1. Level manager works just fine as a standalone tool; if I added that as a component in Elmanager, it would take an extra click to open it. Of course, I could add a command line option so that one can create a batch file for it so that it opens right away, but it would be basically same thing (and easier) to just copy LevelManager.exe inside Elmanager.zip.
2. Level manager is written in VB.NET while Elmanager is C#, so I couldn't just copy-paste the code files. There exists tools for converting VB.NET to C#, but usually they are not perfect and the code needs some manual fixes. And the code quality of LM is really bad anyway, so I wouldn't want to paste it to Elmanager without refactoring.

So, I guess I could simply include LevelManager.exe in Elmanager.zip. Maximum benefit with minimum effort?
I was just wondering that it's weird that Elmanager has both Replay Manager and Level Editor included but not Level Manager. Including it in some way would also simply spread knowledge that there is such a program in the first place, I had totally forgotten about it until someone brought it up after years. I guess including it in the .zip would be fine.
Team MiE - MiE Cup 1
pawq
38mins club
Team: TR

Post by pawq »

Exactly the reason why I wouldn't even consider giving up windows xd

Also +1 for including Level manager in the Elmanager zip. Would be cool to have all 3 in Elmanager as roope suggested, but Smibu reasons 100% valid :)
Pab
38mins club

Post by Pab »

I wanna share this idea that as a side effect, it will indisputably show my great paint skills. But dont get distracted by that.
Maybe it was said before, the idea is to have mutiple tabs open at the editor, here my example.

So, it would be poss to have multiple levels opened at the same time. Swap between them easily and maybe somehow copy and paste polygons or anything from one level to another. Could be nice for making level packs, or maybe merging chain levels, and other things.

roope
37mins club

Post by roope »

Good idea, would definitely make use of this.
Team MiE - MiE Cup 1
dawid
Kuski

Post by dawid »

Would be max if possible to open recs and levs in taps in one window as it is in NEW.
kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

Just a minor suggestion, maybe make it so that for pictures you can only write numbers in the distance field? Right now it checks the field and doesn't let you save if you put a letter in there, but why even give the user an option of doing that?
kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

One more request, perhaps you could make it so that SLE immediately warns you when you exceed the maximum allowed lev size? Today I made a ff with long tunnels and only after saving I realized that it's too big.

edit: nevermind I guess, apparently you can enable topology check on the go or show the max rectangle...
Smibu
Kuski

Post by Smibu »

Pawq wrote:Also +1 for including Level manager in the Elmanager zip. Would be cool to have all 3 in Elmanager as roope suggested, but Smibu reasons 100% valid :)
I'll include LM in the zip for the next version.
Pab wrote:I wanna share this idea that as a side effect, it will indisputably show my great paint skills. But dont get distracted by that.
Maybe it was said before, the idea is to have mutiple tabs open at the editor, here my example.

So, it would be poss to have multiple levels opened at the same time. Swap between them easily and maybe somehow copy and paste polygons or anything from one level to another. Could be nice for making level packs, or maybe merging chain levels, and other things.
Yeah, I think tabs have been suggested before, I just hadn't written it down. Did that now.
kuchitsu wrote:Just a minor suggestion, maybe make it so that for pictures you can only write numbers in the distance field? Right now it checks the field and doesn't let you save if you put a letter in there, but why even give the user an option of doing that?
Yeah, it's inconsistent with some other number-only textboxes (like in replay manager they turn red when you type non-digits). I'll fix it.
kuchitsu wrote:One more request, perhaps you could make it so that SLE immediately warns you when you exceed the maximum allowed lev size? Today I made a ff with long tunnels and only after saving I realized that it's too big.

edit: nevermind I guess, apparently you can enable topology check on the go or show the max rectangle...
Yep, those should work.
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

SLE has been broken for me for a while now. I initially thought maybe it was just some random shit and I knew I hadn't restarted my machine in like months and maybe there was some graphic driver problem because I installed some newer version or whatever, and I wasn't making any levels anyway so I kinda forgot about it and figured it'd go away later after a restart.

Now I've deleted and downloaded all files over again, restarted and done all stuff I can think of but I'm still getting this error whenever I either click the SLE button in the startup window or open a level directly: "The specified window isn't an OpenGL window.". duno what to do.
Smibu
Kuski

Post by Smibu »

skint0r's prob got solved; sdl2.dll was causing trouble. Elmanager tries to load it (if it is found) but then it doesn't work properly and throws exception. skint has a fixed version and it'll also be fixed in the next version just in case some people have that file lying somewhere.
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

A+ service
kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

Question... SLE says that GAB15 is too wide, however it seems to work in EOL just fine. What is going on? Does this mean that sometimes oversized levels are possible?
dawid
Kuski

Post by dawid »

kuchitsu wrote:Question... SLE says that GAB15 is too wide, however it seems to work in EOL just fine. What is going on? Does this mean that sometimes oversized levels are possible?
probably EOL checks only poligons, and the SLE checks also pictures as well. In this lev there are pictures on the left, farer than the poligon.
roope
37mins club

Post by roope »

I'm not sure if it's intended or a bug, but you can't connect other polygons to a polygon that has intersection errors - cutting that polygon with the same tool works fine. I had accidentally doubleclicked a vertex to the same place, and was wondering for a long time why can't I connect another polygon to that polygon. I guess at least some error message like "you cannot connect to a polygon that has errors!" would be helpful :P
Team MiE - MiE Cup 1
Smibu
Kuski

Post by Smibu »

dawid wrote:probably EOL checks only poligons, and the SLE checks also pictures as well. In this lev there are pictures on the left, farer than the poligon.
Yeah, seems so. Added as a bug.
roope wrote:I'm not sure if it's intended or a bug, but you can't connect other polygons to a polygon that has intersection errors - cutting that polygon with the same tool works fine. I had accidentally doubleclicked a vertex to the same place, and was wondering for a long time why can't I connect another polygon to that polygon. I guess at least some error message like "you cannot connect to a polygon that has errors!" would be helpful :P
I can't reproduce that with a quick test lev (I can connect such polygons just fine) - can you upload the lev where that happens?
roope
37mins club

Post by roope »

Super weird, made a new lev for some testing. http://kopasite.net/up/2548dytp86fyo4s/sletest.lev

The middle triange is the polygon which contains the intersection error. I can connect the middle triange to the sides of the lev.
The top and bottom trianges have no errors, but I can't connect them to anything - to each other, to the middle triange, or to the sides.
Team MiE - MiE Cup 1
Smibu
Kuski

Post by Smibu »

Ok thx, got the same bug in that lev.
iCS
Kuski

Post by iCS »

CorelDraw has some cool commands which could be borrowed for SLE, like:
These functions would help a lot who really care about the design, or want to make fancy levels faster.
Sla
36mins club
Team: SpEF

Post by Sla »

Im getting this error http://kopasite.net/up/0/eg.png
I had it on last Win7 64bits and i thougth it was cuz shit system, but now i have Win7 32bits (if that helps) and i get the same error when i use "Texturize" option (left key from "1". (Installed net framework 4.0)

Help?

+I vote for all iCS´s suggestions.
+Suggestion: When u select e.g. polygons and pictures and u add slection filter to pictures, remove them from previous selection (only polygons should be selected now without adding clicks).

Hasta luego y gracias
sunl
Kuski

Post by sunl »

Requesting a "snap grid to vertex" option, where the x/y offset of the grid are changed to match the x/y coordinates of a vertex. Once you drag a structure off of the grid, it's impossible to get it exactly back on the grid. The opposite would also be nice, where you can take a selection and move it so it aligns with a grid, but that might be a bit harder to program.
culinko
38mins club

Post by culinko »

I see that the prog is still actively maintained, well done! I just have some quick questions, mostly minor stuff. Is there a way to disable the tool-tip when hovering over the replays in the Replay Manager list? It's really annoying to see it all the time when renaming/deleting stuff. Also, when you remove an entry from the list, the selection goes up by 1. But if you press up or down, it still thinks the selection is at the old position, so when you press up arrow, it jumps up by 0 positions and when you press down arrow, it jumps down by 2 positions. And if you press F2 to rename and you press right arrow/end and backspace, it selects the text and you need to press backspace again to remove the character. Is this intended? And lastly, is there a setting for the Replay Viewer to start at certain zoom level? Everytime I start a new rec, it's zoomed so you can see the whole lev, but I'd like it to be zoomed more, so it would be great if there was a setting to remember either a certain zoom level or remember the previous zoom level I had when opening next replay. Thanks a lot!
Smibu
Kuski

Post by Smibu »

iCS wrote:CorelDraw has some cool commands which could be borrowed for SLE, like:
These functions would help a lot who really care about the design, or want to make fancy levels faster.
SLE has a transform tool (stretch, rotate, scale) and a mirroring tool separately. But yeah, there's no corresponding functions for those others.
Sla wrote:+Suggestion: When u select e.g. polygons and pictures and u add slection filter to pictures, remove them from previous selection (only polygons should be selected now without adding clicks).
Good idea, never thought of that.
Sla wrote:Im getting this error http://kopasite.net/up/0/eg.png
Do you have all the required files and latest version (16th Oct)? In particular the "Elmanager.exe.config"? Can you give the full error message behind that "Details" button?
sunl wrote:Requesting a "snap grid to vertex" option, where the x/y offset of the grid are changed to match the x/y coordinates of a vertex. Once you drag a structure off of the grid, it's impossible to get it exactly back on the grid. The opposite would also be nice, where you can take a selection and move it so it aligns with a grid, but that might be a bit harder to program.
I think this was suggested already and is here: https://gitlab.com/Smibu/elmanager/issues/69
culinko wrote: Is there a way to disable the tool-tip when hovering over the replays in the Replay Manager list? It's really annoying to see it all the time when renaming/deleting stuff.
Not yet, but I wrote this down now.
culinko wrote:Also, when you remove an entry from the list, the selection goes up by 1. But if you press up or down, it still thinks the selection is at the old position, so when you press up arrow, it jumps up by 0 positions and when you press down arrow, it jumps down by 2 positions.
Oh weird bug, will need to look what's wrong with it.
culinko wrote:And if you press F2 to rename and you press right arrow/end and backspace, it selects the text and you need to press backspace again to remove the character. Is this intended?
Not intended and I remember this too. Could be ObjectListView's bug, not sure if easy to fix or not.
culinko wrote:And lastly, is there a setting for the Replay Viewer to start at certain zoom level? Everytime I start a new rec, it's zoomed so you can see the whole lev, but I'd like it to be zoomed more, so it would be great if there was a setting to remember either a certain zoom level or remember the previous zoom level I had when opening next replay.
Not yet but I agree and wrote this down too.

Updated todo-list here: https://gitlab.com/Smibu/elmanager/issues
Hosp
38mins club

Post by Hosp »

Smibu The Programming God strikes again!
ToMaT
Sla
36mins club

Post by Sla »

I tried to download on first post but i get error on link though i have last version Smi. And Texturize used to work some months ago and then with some laptop problems it didnt work anymore but i installed new os days ago and i have same error. Anyways, ill try to reinstall last SLE version.

This is what i get when i click on error details (the thing u asked before).

Code: Select all

See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'System.Core, Version=2.0.5.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7cec85d7bea7798e, Retargetable=Yes' or one of its dependencies. The given assembly name or codebase was invalid. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131047)
File name: 'System.Core, Version=2.0.5.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7cec85d7bea7798e, Retargetable=Yes'
   at Elmanager.Forms.LevelEditor.TexturizeSelection()
   at Elmanager.Forms.LevelEditor.KeyHandlerDown(Object sender, KeyEventArgs e)
   at Elmanager.CustomControls.RadioButtonMod.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Elmanager
    Assembly Version: 1.0.6133.290
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Alan/Elma/Editor%20Elmanager/Elmanager.exe
System.Drawing
    Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
Microsoft.VisualBasic
    Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 10.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System.Configuration
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
WindowsBase
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/WindowsBase/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/WindowsBase.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
System.Core
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
Newtonsoft.Json
    Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 8.0.3.19514
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Alan/Elma/Editor%20Elmanager/Newtonsoft.Json.DLL
OpenTK
    Assembly Version: 1.1.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.1.2225.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Alan/Elma/Editor%20Elmanager/OpenTK.DLL
PresentationCore
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/PresentationCore/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/PresentationCore.dll
GeoAPI
    Assembly Version: 1.7.4.0
    Win32 Version: 1.7.4.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Alan/Elma/Editor%20Elmanager/GeoAPI.DLL
System.Threading.Tasks
    Assembly Version: 2.6.10.0
    Win32 Version: 2.6.10.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Alan/Elma/Editor%20Elmanager/System.Threading.Tasks.DLL
Microsoft.Threading.Tasks
    Assembly Version: 1.0.12.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.168.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Alan/Elma/Editor%20Elmanager/Microsoft.Threading.Tasks.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Thanks u so much for the best external editor ever and for your attention.

EDIT: Didnt download SLE cuz i cant but i extracted old version, updated it and i get same error. Could it be .net framework porblem? I think i accidentally uninstalled it on old os and since that (? not really sure) it didnt work anymore. Although i have new os atm, as i said.
Smibu
Kuski

Post by Smibu »

Sorry, the dl link wasn't working, now it should.

I googled around a bit and my best bet is that you are missing this update: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downloa ... px?id=3556

Here is a very similar (or exactly the same) problem: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/23903657
Sla
36mins club

Post by Sla »

http://kopasite.net/up/0/SLE.png
Downloaded only first update and it works now. Super nice to use this function again =B
Pab
38mins club

Post by Pab »

Random idea: Save a position for the start object (maybe other objects too). So later can move the start around to test different parts, and after testing, lets say right click on start object and "restore position" or something like that.

I do this quite a lot and sometimes i rly want the start to be in the original position, and i struggle with ctrl+z and ctrl+y to check the original position and trying to get it back there as close as possible. Sometimes i just put a small polygon with a vertex on the left wheel position, to later move the start back there.

roope
37mins club

Post by roope »

Agreed, struggled with the same too!
Team MiE - MiE Cup 1
Hosp
38mins club

Post by Hosp »

super agre
ToMaT
Smibu
Kuski

Re: Elmanager - Updated 28th December 2016

Post by Smibu »

Ok I added that!

All changes:
* Integrated Level manager.
* SLE: Added possibility to save start position and restore it later.
* SLE: Selection is updated when selection filter is restricted.
* SLE: Picture tool dialog uses numeric text box for distance.
* SLE: Bugfix: Bogus "cannot check topology..." was sometimes shown when connecting polygons.
* SLE: Bugfix: Connect tool did not always connect polygons if the level had a specific topology error (two vertices at the same spot).
* SLE: Bugfix: Pictures/textures were not ignored when checking if the level is too big.
* Replay manager: Added an option to disable replay list tooltip.
* Replay manager: Bugfix: Replay list messed up selected item when something was removed from the list.
* Replay viewer: Last zoom level is remembered.
* Replay viewer: Ground edges no longer "jitter" when playing a replay.
* Replay viewer: Bugfix: Gravity apple arrows were not removed for collected apples.
* Bugfix: SLE or replay viewer could crash if sdl2.dll was found in system path.
* Updated external libraries.
roope
37mins club

Post by roope »

Sick update, thanks once again for listening to requests and being so quick in implementing them)
Team MiE - MiE Cup 1
Pab
38mins club

Post by Pab »

sickest najs nice thx

Sla
36mins club

Post by Sla »

Yeah. We are lucky to have Smibu on elma scene. Awesome update, downloading.
Pab
38mins club

Post by Pab »

Smib, i restored the bike to the original position but the save button stayed disabled (i saved level before restoring). Should have let me save since the start moved. Not big deal anyway. The feature is max cool to use :D

edit: new nab suggest. At start up window, remember last button pressed, and focus on it on start. So can just press enter. Dunno if makes sense, i always use SLE, its not hard to press on it everytime but maybe can add something to make it easier. Maybe put SLE button first :D if it is the most used for everyone osv. Or direct exe for SLE, imo already suggested by someone.

culinko
38mins club

Post by culinko »

Didn't expect the update so quick, that's amazing! Thanks for implementing almost all of the changes I asked in my previous post. You rock!

I found couple of things by playing around in the Replay Viewer just now:

If you have "follow driver" checked and you are zooming in/out, the screen zooms with the driver being in the center while the replay is playing, which is great. However, if you pause the replay and then zoom in or out, the screen zooms with the mouse point being in the center, which is wrong imho and should only happen if you have "follow driver" unchecked.

When you uncheck "follow driver" and move the screen by arrows when the replay is running, the screen is not moving in real time and only updates after you release the arrow key. This might be intended for performance reasons, but reporting it just in case.

When you click on the buttons on the left side with your mouse and then you press arrow keys to move your screen, first it focuses other buttons depending which arrow you pressed before trying to move the screen. I wonder if it would be appropriate to just completely remove the focusing from those buttons, but I'm not a UI designer.

I wonder why is there a button called "Click and hold to zoom in/out", cause you can click to zoom in/out without it being pressed anyway and holding the mouse button does nothing for me (not sure if any of my other settings are cancelling its function or something).

Lastly, I just remembered another request I wanted to make. Would it be possible to move the screen with your mouse (click, hold & drag) and not just with arrow keys? I am usually zooming in/out with my mouse wheel and I think it would be cool if you could move the screen with mouse too.

Sorry to spam right after the update, but I haven't found most of the issues before.
Smibu
Kuski

Post by Smibu »

Thx all :)
Pab wrote:Smib, i restored the bike to the original position but the save button stayed disabled (i saved level before restoring). Should have let me save since the start moved. Not big deal anyway. The feature is max cool to use :D
Ah ye, I forget to mark the lev as modified after clicking Restore. I'll fix that.
Pab wrote: edit: new nab suggest. At start up window, remember last button pressed, and focus on it on start. So can just press enter. Dunno if makes sense, i always use SLE, its not hard to press on it everytime but maybe can add something to make it easier. Maybe put SLE button first :D if it is the most used for everyone osv. Or direct exe for SLE, imo already suggested by someone.
Yes I think a separate exe is the better solution. Same with replay manager.
culinko wrote: If you have "follow driver" checked and you are zooming in/out, the screen zooms with the driver being in the center while the replay is playing, which is great. However, if you pause the replay and then zoom in or out, the screen zooms with the mouse point being in the center, which is wrong imho and should only happen if you have "follow driver" unchecked.
I think this is a matter of taste. I mean I could see why someone would like to have the current behavior, i.e. to zoom at the mouse position even with "follow driver" checked when rec is not playing. Additionally you can move around with arrow keys if you want to quickly look another part of the lev, which wouldn't work if the screen was locked at the driver.

Anyway, you can use the "Click and hold to zoom..." button which always zooms at the center (see later this post how to use it).
culinko wrote: When you uncheck "follow driver" and move the screen by arrows when the replay is running, the screen is not moving in real time and only updates after you release the arrow key. This might be intended for performance reasons, but reporting it just in case.
Oh, not intended. Looks like a bug.
culinko wrote: When you click on the buttons on the left side with your mouse and then you press arrow keys to move your screen, first it focuses other buttons depending which arrow you pressed before trying to move the screen. I wonder if it would be appropriate to just completely remove the focusing from those buttons, but I'm not a UI designer.
I kinda agree; I don't think anyone is using arrow keys to navigate those controls.
culinko wrote: I wonder why is there a button called "Click and hold to zoom in/out", cause you can click to zoom in/out without it being pressed anyway and holding the mouse button does nothing for me (not sure if any of my other settings are cancelling its function or something).
The button text is slightly inaccurate - it should say "Click, hold and move mouse left/right to zoom out/in". So you also have to move mouse. That button is just for more "precise" zooming, I think someone requested something like that some years ago.
culinko wrote: Lastly, I just remembered another request I wanted to make. Would it be possible to move the screen with your mouse (click, hold & drag) and not just with arrow keys? I am usually zooming in/out with my mouse wheel and I think it would be cool if you could move the screen with mouse too.
Yea, just click and hold your middle mouse button (the wheel) and move mouse around.
Sla
36mins club

Post by Sla »

Now that SLE needs a little update, i have to ask again for this. Possible?
Pab wrote:I wanna share this idea that as a side effect, it will indisputably show my great paint skills. But dont get distracted by that.

Smibu
Kuski

Post by Smibu »

I have written down the request about multiple tabs (see https://gitlab.com/Smibu/elmanager/issues), but it would require a lot of work and refactoring to make it. That's why I don't currently feel too motivated to start doing it. I've got lots of other stuff going on.

You can open multiple copies of SLE, but you can't copy things between them, except by saving and importing the whole level to the other.
culinko
38mins club

Post by culinko »

Smibu wrote:I think this is a matter of taste. I mean I could see why someone would like to have the current behavior, i.e. to zoom at the mouse position even with "follow driver" checked when rec is not playing. Additionally you can move around with arrow keys if you want to quickly look another part of the lev, which wouldn't work if the screen was locked at the driver.
If you don't want to change the behavior, could you add it as an option then, please? Very often I pause the replay and zoom in mid-run to see the trick more closely and then zoom out to previous zoom level. Many times I don't pay attention to where my mouse button is and even if I do, sometimes it's hard to zoom precisely where I want it to zoom when cycling through multiple zoom settings. It would be so much better if the biker just stayed in the center the whole time when it's paused. Also it kinda makes logic that if you have the "follow driver" checked, the center should stay on the driver (even if it's paused) and if you don't, then your mouse pointer is the center. But I can see why someone would use it the current way so that's why I'm requesting an option.
Smibu wrote:The button text is slightly inaccurate - it should say "Click, hold and move mouse left/right to zoom out/in". So you also have to move mouse. That button is just for more "precise" zooming, I think someone requested something like that some years ago.
Oh, I would have never thought that the button works this way.
Smibu wrote:Yea, just click and hold your middle mouse button (the wheel) and move mouse around.
So the functionality is there, yay! If only you could somehow switch the middle mouse button with the left mouse button, it would be awesome :P

Keep up the good work!
dawid
Kuski

Post by dawid »

culinko wrote:If you don't want to change the behavior, could you add it as an option then, please? Very often I pause the replay and zoom in mid-run to see the trick more closely and then zoom out to previous zoom level. Many times I don't pay attention to where my mouse button is and even if I do, sometimes it's hard to zoom precisely where I want it to zoom when cycling through multiple zoom settings. It would be so much better if the biker just stayed in the center the whole time when it's paused. Also it kinda makes logic that if you have the "follow driver" checked, the center should stay on the driver (even if it's paused) and if you don't, then your mouse pointer is the center. But I can see why someone would use it the current way so that's why I'm requesting an option.
what about just add key shortcut to center the view?