Elmanager

Advertise your levels, contests, sites etc.

Moderator: Moporators

roope
37mins club
Team: MiE

Re: Elmanager - Updated 27th August 2015

Post by roope »

ALE's autograss right edge fix function was oke, but it could be improved if Smibu is going to implement it to SLE.

While it fixed the edge in 1., it also left out the right edge of the grass in places like 2., so you would pretty much have to make the same effort to fix those 2. parts as fixing 1. parts manually.
Team MiE - MiE Cup 1
Prestigious member of 14.6x Tutor14 club
Ramone
50mins club

Post by Ramone »

Whats wrong with part 2? Its always better than grass in wall. But I agree autograssing could be improved.
Elasto Mania - ez better
roope
37mins club

Post by roope »

I pretty much always want to have full grass in places like 2. Of course it being like that is a nice stylistic choice sometimes, but if all edges are like that in a big lev, it looks mega ugly IMO.
Team MiE - MiE Cup 1
Zero
Kuski

Post by Zero »

I would just delete the grasspoly in that 2 spot. Can put some pic(s) there if it looks boring
Rank #1 battler and the champion of BOSS cup :gaa:
36 club since 02/2024
Pab
38mins club

Post by Pab »

But think about every spot zero, not just that one. Over 1. and 2. there is another spot that looks like 2. I agree with rope here.
My Youtube Channel Level Stats Maker Battle Notifier!

Signatür ruined by SveinR - smaller plz :*
ile
Kuski

Post by ile »

Can you make changing the grid size independent from current zoom? Right now if you change grid size down by one wheeldown click, change zoom and change grid size up by one click, it's not the same size.
roope
37mins club

Post by roope »

ile wrote:Can you make changing the grid size independent from current zoom? Right now if you change grid size down by one wheeldown click, change zoom and change grid size up by one click, it's not the same size.
Ctrl + scroll

Seems many of these things are implemented already; what we need is a full manual of all the commands there is :P
Team MiE - MiE Cup 1
ile
Kuski

Post by ile »

roope wrote:
ile wrote:Can you make changing the grid size independent from current zoom? Right now if you change grid size down by one wheeldown click, change zoom and change grid size up by one click, it's not the same size.
Ctrl + scroll

Seems many of these things are implemented already; what we need is a full manual of all the commands there is :P
That's what I'm using

Starting grid size:5
>ctrl+mwheelup (grid size: 5,55)
>mwheelup (zoom in once)
>ctrl+mwheeldown (want to go go back to the grid size we started with, but grid size: 5,1099999999999994)

so why is this bad you might ask:
Say you want to temporarily increase/decrease grid size to do different scale things, and while you do that you do some zooming too. Then you want to go back to the grid size you started with, but it doesn't match.
Smibu
Kuski

Post by Smibu »

Yeah sorry ile - it's not possible atm. I think it's a more common use case to change grid size relative to the zoom level so I made it that way.

You can set the grid size manually from rendering settings as you probably figured out, but it's clumsy of course.

I could of course add a key combination for resizing the grid irrespective of the zoom level. Like Ctrl + Left Shift + Wheel. Just need to decide a good step - it shouldn't be too big or small.

About autograss - yeah it's not perfect. I can add that thing to todo list.
Smibu
Kuski

Re: Elmanager - Updated 8th January 2016

Post by Smibu »

Changes:

* SLE: Draw tool is now zoom-aware and allows adjusting threshold.
* Added an option to disable framebuffer usage. (1)
* Changed update checking address to mkl.io. (2)
* If there are several older settings files after updating, the latest of them is loaded instead of the first found.
* SLE: Bugfix: Picture/texture limit was not being checked. (3)

(1) is mostly for Schumi; SLE or replay viewer didn't work on his comp at all.

(2) is because I finished my studies and my university account will expire eventually (sometime during this year, not sure when). So all Elma stuff will be at https://mkl.io/Elma/.

(3) was reported by Jappe, thanks. You also said you got an int error after converting poly to pics, but I couldn't reproduce it... so tell exact steps and/or give level file if possible.
Zero
Kuski

Post by Zero »

Edit: Found the problem. nvm the post)
Rank #1 battler and the champion of BOSS cup :gaa:
36 club since 02/2024
Pab
38mins club

Post by Pab »

Gz for finishing your studies!

I have a little "bug" on the editor: When copy something, the copy appears very far to the right and exremely far to the bottom. Instead of appearing close to the thing im copying. So i have to zoom out and move down to grab the copy every time, the copy works tho, it's just that it gets annoying when doing it a lot in a level.

I had another little bug but can't remember right now. I edit the post when i get home. Keep the good work smibu!

roope
37mins club

Post by roope »

Pab wrote: I have a little "bug" on the editor: When copy something, the copy appears very far to the right and exremely far to the bottom. Instead of appearing close to the thing im copying. So i have to zoom out and move down to grab the copy every time, the copy works tho, it's just that it gets annoying when doing it a lot in a level.
Yeps the same thing irks me. Have to find small things like this to complain about when everything is so good already!
Team MiE - MiE Cup 1
kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

What do you guys do in situations like this? -> https://i.imgur.com/5SHwy1B.png
I have no idea how to select some of these bushes because mouse pointer grabs the tree instead. What if I want to move them without changing the tree's position? Are there any workarounds for this?
FinMan
36mins club
Team: dat

Post by FinMan »

right click --> send to to back
kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

So simple. :) Thanks!
kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

A minor but maybe annoying thing. When you choose another background or foreground texture, the keyboard focus switches to the "LGR File" field for some reason. I usually don't notice this and just try to continue working on the level. And, for example, when I want to switch to the vertex mode by pressing "v" it doesn't work. At first I'm like wtf, then I realize that a "v" appeared in the LGR field instead and I need to get it out of focus. Happens to me very often.
Smibu
Kuski

Post by Smibu »

Pab wrote:I have a little "bug" on the editor: When copy something, the copy appears very far to the right and exremely far to the bottom. Instead of appearing close to the thing im copying. So i have to zoom out and move down to grab the copy every time, the copy works tho, it's just that it gets annoying when doing it a lot in a level.
Ah yeah, the copy function works according to the current grid size. Which is probably not desirable always. I'll make it so that the copied polygon is moved a constant amount (according to zoom level). And maybe Ctrl+Shift+C will copy it according to grid size.
FinMan wrote:
kuchitsu wrote:What do you guys do in situations like this? -> https://i.imgur.com/5SHwy1B.png
I have no idea how to select some of these bushes because mouse pointer grabs the tree instead. What if I want to move them without changing the tree's position? Are there any workarounds for this?
right click --> send to to back
Or you can tick the checkbox "Capture pictures and textures from borders only" in settings.
kuchitsu wrote:A minor but maybe annoying thing. When you choose another background or foreground texture, the keyboard focus switches to the "LGR File" field for some reason. I usually don't notice this and just try to continue working on the level. And, for example, when I want to switch to the vertex mode by pressing "v" it doesn't work. At first I'm like wtf, then I realize that a "v" appeared in the LGR field instead and I need to get it out of focus. Happens to me very often.
Yeah it's annoying, I'll try to fix it for the next version.
Pab wrote:I had another little bug but can't remember right now. I edit the post when i get home. Keep the good work smibu!
Oke, remember this yet? :)
insane guy
Kuski

Post by insane guy »

I've recently started using SLE a bit more (mostly for graphics, masking stuff). Never could get used to external editors but SLE has so many nice features and I like that Smibu is still improving it. I can't deny that it would make my lev making twice as fast and efficient if I would use it all the time.

Right now I only have one problem: I find it kinda annoying to navigate left-right-up-down. Is there another way to do this besides key arrows? Its so nice to have hotkeys for everything but arrow keys are kinda off from the rest.
I think it would be awesome if you could move around in the lev when hold spacebar+left mouseklick and move mouse, as it is by default in many graphics programs. Or hold right mouse to move. I think using the spacebar would only interfer with changing the object type while using the object tool. So we could go for right klick+move.

Opinions? Smibu what do you think? ez or impsy? Or am I just missing something here?
"Every night, me go to sleep, me have wet dream..."
roope
37mins club

Post by roope »

You mean moving around the map? That can be done by having scroll/middle mouse button (if you have one) down.
Team MiE - MiE Cup 1
insane guy
Kuski

Post by insane guy »

roope wrote:You mean moving around the map? That can be done by having scroll/middle mouse button (if you have one) down.
NICE! Thanks. Not perfect for me because of shitty mouse and awkward finger position, but much better than arrows. Thanks roope
"Every night, me go to sleep, me have wet dream..."
Sunshine
Kuski

Post by Sunshine »

can you make some shortcut for placing gravity apples? in ALE you can right click when placing apples and select gravity from drowndown list. right now right click doesnt seem to be doing anything when placing objects so could use it for that, other option is some ctrl+arrow for each direction or why not both. or is there some way currently? i have been placing apples and then have to choose "select" tool and right click on apples to choose grav
Smibu
Kuski

Re: Elmanager - Updated 7th March 2016

Post by Smibu »

Good idea, no way for doing that atm. I add this to TODOs. Numbers 1-9 are already reserved for anim numbers. Arrow keys are used for scrolling the level. So there are a few potential options for setting gravity directions:

* the letters U, D, L, R, N (Up, Down, Left, Right, None)
* the letters W, S, A, D, (Q/E?) (more intuitive maybe)
* +/- keys that scroll between the 5 options (bad; requires many keypresses)

I don't really like any solution that may require pressing 2 keys (like the last one). I'll go with the second one unless someone has a better idea.
Pab
38mins club

Post by Pab »

Few more options can be:

a. Right click, opens a context menu with the gravity options. Select an option and place the apple. Pretty easy way for ppl to select the gravity that way.
b. Right click, changes gravity of apple. e.g.: none -> up -> right -> down -> left -> none... Is probably the quickest way since you use your mouse only and don't even move it at all, but maybe not the best.
c. Use WASD (E?), i think is better than U, R, L, D, N (or use both anyway) Makes sense, its easy, would be more than fine imo. Would overwrite the behaviour of press A to select Autograss option or S for Select etc? Doesn't matter for me.

Maybe can combine some options, i think it is a good idea to have a shortcut for it.
Btw thanks for solving the copy issue :D

edit:
Smibu wrote:
Pab wrote:I had another little bug but can't remember right now. I edit the post when i get home. Keep the good work smibu!
Oke, remember this yet? :)
Damn i totally forgot. Might be very small thing not really a bug, i think i had some "issue" with the LGR File textbox, it didn't unfocus or it focused when i didnt want? im not really sure, i cant even reproduce it now, it seems to work perf. Not really making much levels lately, got no inspiration, i open SLE everyday and make a polygon and then... beh i cant do this anymore and close it.

dawid
Kuski

Post by dawid »

Smibu wrote:I don't really like any solution that may require pressing 2 keys
You have added 3 keys shortcut recently.

Is it possible to add many poligons to each other at one time? Uncomfortable to select PolyOp and adding only two. It should be ez to code: Select many poligons - > click PolyOp or right click on poligons -> Some 'add many poligons to each other' feature.
kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

This is maybe old news but if you delete the lev that was open in SLE last time you used it, and then open SLE, it gives you a Windows type error about the file not being there. Perhaps this could be handled better.
Smibu
Kuski

Post by Smibu »

Pab wrote:Damn i totally forgot. Might be very small thing not really a bug, i think i had some "issue" with the LGR File textbox, it didn't unfocus or it focused when i didnt want? im not really sure, i cant even reproduce it now, it seems to work perf.
This was fixed too (kuchitsu reported it).
dawid wrote:You have added 3 keys shortcut recently.
Yeah, the Ctrl+Shift+C thing. At first I was going to remove the function altogether because it didn't appear to be very useful, but then I just decided to leave it. That's why I didn't put much thought to the shortcut; just "something that resembles Ctrl+C". If someone needs the function frequently and gets annoyed by the shortcut, I can of course change it.
dawid wrote:Is it possible to add many poligons to each other at one time? Uncomfortable to select PolyOp and adding only two. It should be ez to code: Select many poligons - > click PolyOp or right click on poligons -> Some 'add many poligons to each other' feature.
Not possible yet, but it's a good idea. I have thought about it too. Adding to todos.
kuchitsu wrote:This is maybe old news but if you delete the lev that was open in SLE last time you used it, and then open SLE, it gives you a Windows type error about the file not being there. Perhaps this could be handled better.
That message is actually shown by SLE, but I agree that it could look better. I'll probably get rid of the box altogether and display the message in the same place as topology errors.
Pab
38mins club

Post by Pab »

Today i had a bug with the PolyOp while making a level, it makes SLE to crash. It happend to me before but i never got why it happended. After some testing i found a way to reproduce it very easily.

Here i put how i reproduce it:
1. Start new level and activate Show grid and Snap to grid. I set Grid size to something small like 1 or 0.5 (this is just to handle polygons easier, size doesnt matter).
2. Select pipe tool, make a short horizontal pipe and then make another one starting exactly at the end of the first one, so both pipes will have two vertices at the exact same position.
3. Select PolyOp and first select the pipe to the right, then select the other pipe. Program doesn't respond.
Here a snapshot of this test, the red polygon is the pipe to the right that i selected first, then when i select the yellow pipe to merge, SLE stops working.

Noted that if i first select the pipe to the left, the polygon that is yellow at the picture, and secondly select the one to the right (red one), the merge works fine. So the bug, in this situation, it appears only when i select the right polygon first.

This bug happend to me at more complex merges but it might be the same problem as this simple test. It can be bad because you lose all your work since the last save you made. It mostly happend to me while playing with the grid and the snap to grid features, i guess thats coz by snaping to the grid, the polygons easily share positions at certain vertices and that might cause the bugs.

------------------------------------
Now some less important tests. Before reproducing this i got a few other probably undesired behaviours, but the test is a little more complicated. I was trying to merge this polygon A with this polygon B.
1. First i tryed to spam and make the program fail, i believe i placed two exact polygons B in the same position, the first merge did just fine but the second time SLE kind of started to stop working but it worked after waiting a few seconds, then the result of the merge was this abomination xd
2. Tryed again and the merge worked fine, but in the result some of the vertices were duplicated. Anyway, SLE spots the duplicated vertices when you check topology on the level, so its really no big deal.
Actually in this two cases SLE didnt crash, so no big deal, but i wanted to write this down just in case it helps.

Smibu
Kuski

Post by Smibu »

Pab wrote:Use WASD (E?), i think is better than U, R, L, D, N (or use both anyway) Makes sense, its easy, would be more than fine imo. Would overwrite the behaviour of press A to select Autograss option or S for Select etc? Doesn't matter for me.
I totally forgot that those letters conflict with the tool shortcuts. So WASD is out of the question. Same with URLDN because L and D are tool shortcuts too.
Vermin Supreme wrote:i have been placing apples and then have to choose "select" tool and right click on apples to choose grav
Actually you don't have to switch to Select tool to change gravity, but you have to place the apple first and then right-click on the apple. So maybe it's not that bad after all? I'm starting to think adding a shortcut wouldn't add much value. It would help the most when you have to add many apples with the same gravity. But then you could just use Select tool to select all of them and change it at once. What do you think?
Pab wrote:Today i had a bug with the PolyOp while making a level, it makes SLE to crash.
Thanks, reproduced and fixed for next version. The polyop tool uses my homemade merging/difference algorithm, which works maybe 99.9% of the time but it's not enough. So I'll use the functions from NetTopologySuite. It handles this situation correctly.

Btw - does anyone use the Zoom tool? I'm guessing everyone uses mouse wheel, so it's probably pretty useless. It sort of doesn't even belong to the tools because it doesn't modify the level at all.
roope
37mins club

Post by roope »

Smibu wrote: Btw - does anyone use the Zoom tool? I'm guessing everyone uses mouse wheel, so it's probably pretty useless. It sort of doesn't even belong to the tools because it doesn't modify the level at all.
Dunno if anyone uses, but I think it's good to have there just in case a man's mouse wheel doesn't work or something like that.
Team MiE - MiE Cup 1
Sunshine
Kuski

Post by Sunshine »

Smibu wrote:
Vermin Supreme wrote:i have been placing apples and then have to choose "select" tool and right click on apples to choose grav
Actually you don't have to switch to Select tool to change gravity, but you have to place the apple first and then right-click on the apple. So maybe it's not that bad after all? I'm starting to think adding a shortcut wouldn't add much value. It would help the most when you have to add many apples with the same gravity. But then you could just use Select tool to select all of them and change it at once. What do you think
its ok like that maybe, another feature i think ale had was when you check topology it zooms to teh place where the error (overlapping vertex etc) so its easy to spot/fix, in big levels can be sometimes hard to find that red rectangle
kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

Internal editor zooms too and personally I've always thought that it's annoying. Too disorienting, like "wait, what, where am I?". It zooms so much that you can't even really tell what the problem is until you zoom out a bit.
Pab
38mins club

Post by Pab »

roope wrote:Dunno if anyone uses, but I think it's good to have there just in case a man's mouse wheel doesn't work or something like that.
kuchitsu wrote:Internal editor zooms too and personally I've always thought that it's annoying. Too disorienting, like "wait, what, where am I?". It zooms so much that you can't even really tell what the problem is until you zoom out a bit.
agreed

Smibu
Kuski

Re: Elmanager - Updated 22nd April 2016

Post by Smibu »

Time for an update! Changes:

* SLE: Added a function to automatically texturize the selected polygons. (1)
* SLE: Improved support for polygon operations. (2)
* SLE: Vertex tool: The length of the current edge is shown.
* SLE: Improved the display of error message about non-existent level.
* SLE: Bugfix: Polygon operation tool could cause SLE to freeze.
* SLE: Bugfix: Cut tool could cause SLE to freeze.
* Updated to .NET Framework 4.5 (from 4). If you have Windows 8 or newer, you don't have to install it. People with Vista or 7 can download it here.

Texturization (1):
Ali wrote:- "color polygon" - textures would automatically apply to whole polygon, not overlapping over other ones
Jappe wrote:possible to implement a feature that would fill area with texture? like you choose some area and it fills it with texture mask. its annoying to place textures on objects that are close to each other and you dont want the textures to overlap. also filling in triangular corners is pain in the ass. this would make texturing much faster when making detailed textures
This texturization thing is now (partially) implemented. You select the polygon(s) you want to texturize, click Selection -> Texturize and then you are presented a dialog where you can choose the texture (just like with Picture tool) and some other options regarding the texturization process.

I say "partially" because the texturize function only guarantees that the selected polygons will be fully covered, but it doesn't guarantee that the textures won't touch other polygons. You can alleviate this problem yourself by adjusting the options if needed, see below.

These are the options and their explanations:

* Masks: Specifies which masks are available when picking suitable textures. By default, all (three) are selected and usually you don't have to change this option.
* Min cover %: To understand this option, I need to explain the underlying algorithm a bit. First, the selected masks are sorted according to their size, from biggest to smallest (so when using the default LGR, "maskbig" is first and "masklitt" is last). The algorithm picks the first texture and tries to put it in the current position. If at least this percentage of the mask lies within the selected polygons, the mask is accepted and appended as a part of the final result. If this condition is not met, the mask is rejected and the next one is taken. Or, if this was the last mask, we have to use it because there is no smaller one.
* Iterations: How many different offsets are attempted for each mask. The default value here is 2 which means that 2*2+1=5 different offsets (from -2 to 2) are attempted. -2 means that the upper right corner of the mask is placed at the current position and 2 means the upper left corner. The other numbers are linearly between those.

The texturization operation is cancelable because it might be too easy to try to texturize some huge and complex polygon and you might not want to wait for the operation to finish all day. There is a progress bar which tells the percentage of the area of the polygon that has been covered so far, so you get some idea of how long it might take. Note that the progress bar's "speed" is not constant; it may be a lot faster and a lot slower at any time during the process, depending on the size of the accepted textures.

Shortcut key for the texturize function is §.

Better polygon operations (2):

Four new options have appeared in the "Selection" menu:

* Union (shortcut key: ,)
* Difference (shortcut key: .)
* Intersection (shortcut key: Enter)
* Symmetric difference (shortcut key: ')

All options need two sets of polygons. The other set is always the selected polygons, and the other set is the complement of that (= not selected polygons).

For example, if you want to merge two polygons like with the current PolyOp tool, select the other one (with Select tool) and then click Union. So, do not select both (it won't do anything).

The operation also supports "holed" polygons. This has not been possible before, so something like this is easy to do:

In that picture, the highlighted polygon is about to get merged with the rings. The result is as expected, so all black areas (ground) become connected. Of course the other three operations work too.

The old PolyOp tool is still there for convenience. Once you learn to use the new tools, you don't need (nor want) it anymore. ;)
iCS
Kuski

Post by iCS »

Great new functions!
Smibu wrote:The old PolyOp tool is still there for convenience. Once you learn to use the new tools, you don't need (nor want) it anymore. ;)
Exactly. :)
kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

Ouch, so Windows XP is no longer supported I assume. Living under a rock is tough. :) Oh well. New features sound great!
Polarix
Kuski
Team: TR

Post by Polarix »

Must try this
Smibu
Kuski

Post by Smibu »

kuchitsu wrote:Ouch, so Windows XP is no longer supported I assume. Living under a rock is tough. :) Oh well. New features sound great!
Oh, I had no idea someone was using this on XP. I'll see if I can revert back to .NET 4. I used a feature that was not directly available on .NET 4, but I may be able to use a library for it.
Sla
36mins club
Team: SpEF

Post by Sla »

Smibu wrote:
kuchitsu wrote:Ouch, so Windows XP is no longer supported I assume. Living under a rock is tough. :) Oh well. New features sound great!
Oh, I had no idea someone was using this on XP. I'll see if I can revert back to .NET 4. I used a feature that was not directly available on .NET 4, but I may be able to use a library for it.
Best program ever Smibu.

Im using girlfriends notebook with win7 or dunno. But in my own comp i always used and ill use xp as far as i can so it would be nice to use SLE on xp if pos.
Smibu
Kuski

Re: Elmanager - Updated 24th April 2016

Post by Smibu »

Thanks. I figured things out and added XP support back. Seems to work on Windows XP SP3 in a VM at least.

The update KB2468871 is required, but it's very old so everyone probably has it by now.
kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

Hell yeah, it works for me now. Thanks for the support!
Sunshine
Kuski

Post by Sunshine »

wow very nice features both, that texture thing is a sick timesaver, good job!
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

Was never a huge fan of external editors before, but after some YALE usage and some handy features used now and then in the NEW! editor I gave it another chance. SLE is super nice and I've been using it for the last couple of levels and getting used to it. Nice to have something being updated and getting new features now and then as well, definitely seems to be the best editor around now.

I hope some day you'd decouple it from the manager thing though, still hate having to open it through that menu and use extra precious clicks, plus it'd be nice being able to open levels directly from explorer etc.

Pab said too hard, but he is also nab (!), but since you are pro, maybe some day you'd add explorer previews for levels as well? Would be impsy nice to get level map and basic info like name etc in explorer preview pane.
ville_j
Kuski
Team: IS

Post by ville_j »

BTW I just happened to think that it might be quite simple for Smibu to add some kind of a YALE support in the editor. It's very simple websocket connection and you just send polygon/vertex/object ids and coordinates on the server in json encoded string. You could probably use some hidden webview and include the socket.io js lib from http://janka.la:3000/socket.io/socket.io.js and then write your own event handlers to hook up with SLE code. Or well maybe it doesn't sound that simple and I have no idea how you can interact with webview js and other code but maybe it's not very complicated. And you can see the full YALE source from http://janka.la/yale/editor.js, if you search _socket you can see all the events and what it sends to the server.
< roopemies> horror and frustrating and can't play, sounds just like you
Beer battle winner 2014 and 2015
Bjenn
35mins club
Team: EF

Post by Bjenn »

ville_j wrote:it might be quite simple
ville_j wrote:Or well maybe it doesn't sound that simple
ville_j wrote:but maybe it's not very complicated
Sunshine
Kuski

Post by Sunshine »

i have few feature suggestions still: make it possible to use text tool with masks instead of polygons, polygon/vertex limit is reached really fast when adding text to level in such way, limiting for quizz levels etc and sometimes it would be cool to to add text with masks.
another is to make some custom font designed for lowest possible amount of vertexes, i tried making one with online tool that was quite limited but managed to get vertex count to some 40-50% lower than using most of the fonts that come with windows but possible to go lower than that im sure. right now the text tool seems to work kind of like vectrast so text has a lot of unnecessary vertexes so some built-in font low poly font would be nice.

not super important stuff but would be nice to have for sure though for example quizz levels with masks would force people to use high detail so maybe low poly font would be enough
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

wanted feature also:
while you could maybe do something by importing lev and pics, would be coal to be able to store some shapes/polygon templates and select from some menu or tool whatever. like you make some arrows for gravity, nick logo or whatever shape and save it so you can reuse whenever.
Smibu
Kuski

Post by Smibu »

skint0r wrote:I hope some day you'd decouple it from the manager thing though, still hate having to open it through that menu and use extra precious clicks, plus it'd be nice being able to open levels directly from explorer etc.
This is actually possible and is not well documented, but you can create a batch file with the content

Code: Select all

start Elmanager /leveleditor
And clicking that batch file will directly launch SLE. For opening level files you don't have to do that - you can just set Elmanager.exe as the program for rec and lev files and it will know how to open them.

But yeah, I should make separate EXEs for opening SLE and RM.
skint0r wrote:maybe some day you'd add explorer previews for levels as well? Would be impsy nice to get level map and basic info like name etc in explorer preview pane.
Someone else has suggested this too. I can add this to FR list (feature requests). It might be possible using SharpShell library.
ville_j wrote:TW I just happened to think that it might be quite simple for Smibu to add some kind of a YALE support in the editor. It's very simple websocket connection and you just send polygon/vertex/object ids and coordinates on the server in json encoded string. You could probably use some hidden webview and include the socket.io js lib from http://janka.la:3000/socket.io/socket.io.js and then write your own event handlers to hook up with SLE code. Or well maybe it doesn't sound that simple and I have no idea how you can interact with webview js and other code but maybe it's not very complicated. And you can see the full YALE source from http://janka.la/yale/editor.js, if you search _socket you can see all the events and what it sends to the server.
Interesting idea; no idea how hard or easy. Embedding a webview sounds a bit of a hack so it would be nicer to use some native .NET library for that.
Vermin Supreme wrote:make it possible to use text tool with masks instead of polygons, polygon/vertex limit is reached really fast when adding text to level in such way, limiting for quizz levels etc and sometimes it would be cool to to add text with masks.
I'm not sure how that could work well... wouldn't the text look really bad if it was made of masks? At least the current style of texturizing the polygons is not suitable for that, or at least I didn't design it with that use case in mind...
Vermin Supreme wrote:another is to make some custom font designed for lowest possible amount of vertexes, i tried making one with online tool that was quite limited but managed to get vertex count to some 40-50% lower than using most of the fonts that come with windows but possible to go lower than that im sure. right now the text tool seems to work kind of like vectrast so text has a lot of unnecessary vertexes so some built-in font low poly font would be nice.
Yeah, I can't really control the text rendering more than what the smoothness slider offers. Sometimes you may be able to use the unsmoothen tool to remove "useless" vertices. I'm not very interested in trying to make a custom font for that purpose. Maybe someone else can do it (if no such thing exists).
skint0r wrote:while you could maybe do something by importing lev and pics, would be coal to be able to store some shapes/polygon templates and select from some menu or tool whatever. like you make some arrows for gravity, nick logo or whatever shape and save it so you can reuse whenever.
Been suggested too and I think it is on the FR list, but you can emulate this feature quite well by creating a template.lev where you put all the reusable polygons you might think of, and set that level to be the template for new levels in SLE settings.
Madness
35mins club

Post by Madness »

Separate EXEs for opening SLE and RM each with a different pretty icon shining on my desktop would finally make my life complete!
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

Few people had this problem on IRC, me included, duno if someone told already or not. The texturize function has one non-default mask (masktop), so it whines unless you have some special lgr with it (I guess) and you always have to deselect it when you want to use the texturize function.

One more feature request, dunno how ez or feasible or how it'd work exactly or if anyone else would need, though assume math of it is not too hard to implement. Would be nice to have one other transform option, like some sort of skew or freehand transformation.