MawCup 2009

Advertise your levels, contests, sites etc.

Moderator: Moporators

Pab
38mins club

Re: MawCup 2009

Post by Pab »

lol was my first ride and i beat Bismuth(59,42) Me(59,41)
My Youtube Channel Level Stats Maker Battle Notifier!

Signatür ruined by SveinR - smaller plz :*
Mawane
Kuski
Team: SV

Post by Mawane »

mwc03
Deadline: Tomorrow 7:15 [GTM-5]

#mwc09 for results, and I hope there will be more than 1 person, Elrond was so lonely =D
Website || TT:41:45:64 || Team Image
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198025490048]Image[/url]
Fredrik
Kuski

Post by Fredrik »

I'll be at school, can't connect to IRC there. I guess most of the europeans is either at school or at work at that time.
Team KoN
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

I am sending in for this one!
Bismuth
Kuski
Team: <3

Post by Bismuth »

I'll be sleeping, most probably.
:mrhat:
Mawane
Kuski

Post by Mawane »

Congratulations to adi who won the 3rd event with 28,29
Results 3
Standings

Next lev: mwc04.lev

In the standings, adi [MiE] has the lead with 260 points followed closely by NightMar [xXx] who has 250 points! Leading team is MiE with some ridiculous 721 points!
Congratulation to all who participated, next event up!
nick-o-matic
Kuski

Post by nick-o-matic »

Team MiE rules. I must say especially Dead One's performance surprised me, I didn't even know that he can brutal already.
roope
37mins club
Team: MiE

Post by roope »

Fuck, should've had more time to play. Triple win would've been nice :E
Team MiE - MiE Cup 1
Prestigious member of 14.6x Tutor14 club
Hosp
38mins club

Post by Hosp »

I didn't höyl, could've made that style that adi did ( I knew it ) but I didn't have patience, just played like 30min-1hour.
I wish that I wanted to play more because I am still at same place in cup :(
ToMaT
ville_j
Kuski
Team: IS

Post by ville_j »

Why me is below Kazan with same time???????? By checking teh cup code I guess that the script does not handle these kind of situations that well and gives teh other player more points!
Bismuth
Kuski
Team: <3

Post by Bismuth »

Maw probably checked .00x and changed rankings
:mrhat:
ville_j
Kuski

Post by ville_j »

Bismuth wrote:Maw probably checked .00x and changed rankings
No that is not it I guess, that's not how that great autocode works. Seems like Kazan's rec has a greater "timeindex" number (and that's why he's above me) and that implies that he sent in his rec later than me. Contradiction?
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

Ville_J wrote:
Bismuth wrote:Maw probably checked .00x and changed rankings
No that is not it I guess, that's not how that great autocode works. Seems like Kazan's rec has a greater "timeindex" number (and that's why he's above me) and that implies that he sent in his rec later than me. Contradiction?
Yeah it was supposed to be the other way around ofcourse, guess I just mixed up ASC and DESC (: but I'll check with mawane before I change anything here
Mawane
Kuski

Post by Mawane »

indeed, 3 decimals would be good idea, but not for non-höylä levs
just for fun, looked at Replay Manager and Kazan has 29,606 and VJ 29,602 :)
i asked to kopaka to make like zebra:
If two or more players get the same time, they will all get equal points which are e.g. (75+70) / 2 = 72,5.
he told it might be complicated, so i ask everyone to help him :D
atm, 1st sender will deserve better position until it's solved
ville_j
Kuski

Post by ville_j »

Yeah that kind of solution is good for now, but I really think it should be like it has been, (75+70) / 2 = 72,5. I know it can be a bit tricky but I already thought it in my mind how to do it, maby I'll do some coding later tonight if I have time.
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

I did the equal times = equal points now (:
ville_j
Kuski

Post by ville_j »

Najs, maybe update cup source so I can get that too?
Mawane
Kuski

Post by Mawane »

mwc04
Deadline: Monday 7:15 [GTM-5]

I can't be there for results, my computer crashed at home and actually I'm at school.
Hosp
38mins club

Post by Hosp »

Mawane wrote:mwc04
Deadline: Monday 7:15 [GTM-5]

I can't be there for results, my computer crashed at home and actually I'm at school.
How do a computer crash? Because I don't want mine to crash so please give me advice to make it not crash
ToMaT
pawq
38mins club
Team: TR

Post by pawq »

he played belma and posted on lauta o,o do nat do teh ! :o
teajay
Donator duck

OVER NINE THOUSAAAAAAAAAAAAAND!!!!!

Post by teajay »

gaha pawq ;D
Grace
38mins club
Location: Deep in your Imagination, Twirling your Dreams and Weaving your thoughts.

Post by Grace »

Pawq wrote:he played belma and posted on lauta o,o do nat do teh ! :o
win. =D
Image Cyberscore! Image
Targets: 6 Legendary, 23 WC, 20 Pro, 5 Good | AvgTT: 39:59:96
ville_j
Kuski

Post by ville_j »

I wonder it there's ever going to be an event that is actually fun to play. All the levels so far have been quite annoying (the first one being the least annoying). They all seem to be too small: not enough space to adjust your bike, too small polygons that require like 1px accuracy, too small "holes" that need perfect entering position to go through nicely.. and so on. Also, annoying end tricks have made their appearance. When I have bounced, hung, swing, flown, twisted and [enter verb here] through the whole lev, there is still this one little trick that will end up fucking up your whole ride. It reminds me of those good old nes games where everything is just toooo hard and when you make a tiny mistake you die, you see Game Over screen and the game goes all the way back to the start. That makes you wanna cry. Levels have not been that bad, but quite annoying. Mostly I've ended up having around 5 finishes in a lev, and that is not a good sign. There seems to be no such choice as getting an average time in a lev. You either success and get a good/decent time or then you press arrow key 0,01s too late and the ride is fucked up and the finished time would be 10+ sec slower. Maybe it's just my playing style, I don't know. But I'm a good player, yes I am!11
roope
37mins club

Post by roope »

Mm. All the levs have also been quite similar, which decreases my hoyling motivation :x
04 is just like 03, just longer.
Last edited by roope on 9 Nov 2009, 22:18, edited 1 time in total.
Team MiE - MiE Cup 1
Prestigious member of 14.6x Tutor14 club
Hosp
38mins club

Post by Hosp »

I think like VJille and roope too
ToMaT
Xiphias
39mins club

Post by Xiphias »

Your thinking is very interesting.
Max rec by vt =o only end seemed sloppy. Grats
Thorze wrote:I just wanted to make a cool topic like Juish have cool topics..
Mawane
Kuski

Post by Mawane »

Well, this cup is like my battles, just more time spent on them. If you usually like them, then you might like the cup. I've always made this kind of trick after trick levs, that's what I like and many people like the levs I make, but if you don't like, maybe this cup isnt for you? Why are you playing elma, for fun? For proving your skills? To get the prize?

I think nowadays people have too high requirements for designers. In fact, every level needs accuracy to get great time, every level have some annoying spots. Look at the editor and tell me that past events have hard areas. It is just in fact to make it "perfect" that makes it "hard". And making it "perfect" is annoying as you say, but how could I have made them less annoying without keeping idea of the trick? Tell me exactly what areas are annoying and how I could have improved them. Yes, I'm asking you to help me making better levels, but I need concrete examples. Actually, I like the levels of the cup and I don't see anything wrong, but seems I am according to the community. Maybe I should ignore all this and continue the way I make levels, which I like and which a part of players like too. Though, you MUST admit that I really improved my levels since i finished my botch pack, if not, you are just refusing to accept me because I'm Mawane.
kinghias
Kuski

Post by kinghias »

i'm very pleased with the level quality and hoylability so far. there aren't many different main styles but you need lots of little tricks to drive a good time. and i can't really relate to ville's timing problem - in almost every lev it's difficult to pull off certain tricks at the beginning, isn't it?

i haven't bothered playing more than one or maybe two cup-events since king cup (or smash cup?) so i guess i like mawane levs :beer:
ville_j
Kuski

Post by ville_j »

Well, what I think I was trying to say is that I would rather finish a lev and keep improving my time constantly depending on how well the tricks are made. Let's see it this way:

Make all tricks perfect, your time is: 38,29.
Make all but one trick perfect or fail more than one, your time is: 46,66 or DÖDEN

Then there are like different levels of perfection. This is how my events have gone:

Oh fuck I died.
Oh fuck I died again!
Wops I succeeded, got 38,35!
Shit I died again, this is impsy randomness!
Aw, made all the tricks perfectly but got a little bit distracted at the end, so it was all for nothing, got 48,37
Yeah I made it again perfectly! Improved crazy 0,06s!

And that just goes on and on and on, and finishing is rare. So, I would rather have that kind of levels, where a tiny mistakes don't cost you: death or +(1)5s in finishing time.

And no, I'm not doing this just because you're Mawane!

edit:
And forgot to say: As roope wrote, the levels have been quite similar so all the frustration is growing exponentially! I would like to see a completely different level on next event.
Last edited by ville_j on 9 Nov 2009, 21:11, edited 3 times in total.
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

hmm i was supposed to win this event but forgot to play
Hosp
38mins club

Post by Hosp »

Lal, sorry for spam, but since everyone says I spam that's doesn't make much sense if I give you a complete retard post now but I am just inte the write mode so just have to say this btw, I like Mawanes levs but you should make them easy with NO PLANNED STYLES, like Ramone does:)
that will make them perfect, wanting Ramone Cup 1 now ! :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:
ToMaT
Grace
38mins club
Location: Deep in your Imagination, Twirling your Dreams and Weaving your thoughts.

Post by Grace »

Actually, fuck you all. Mawane is putting a lot of time into this cup, and getting nothing but criticism for what are nice levs.

If you don't like the levs, don't play. It's that fucking simple.
Image Cyberscore! Image
ville_j
Kuski

Post by ville_j »

Haruhi wrote:Actually, fuck you all. Mawane is putting a lot of time into this cup, and getting nothing but criticism for what are nice levs.

What a f*cking s*it is this? I am not allowed to give constructive criticism? I know he's putting a lot of effort into the cup, and I'm not bashing it or the events. I gave my honest opinion and gave some reasons for those opinions, it's that fucking simple. If you can't take even constructive criticism, maybe there's something wrong with you, not me.
FinMan
36mins club
Team: dat

Post by FinMan »

Ville_J wrote:What a f*cking s*it is this? I am not allowed to give constructive criticism? I know he's putting a lot of effort into the cup, and I'm not bashing it or the events. I gave my honest opinion and gave some reasons for those opinions, it's that fucking simple. If you can't take even constructive criticism, maybe there's something wrong with you, not me.
Well... That was not just pointless whining, thats the first thing I have to agree with you. Then I have to agree with many of Ville's things, eventhought havent hoyled any of those to decent times. I prefer your battle levels. But whatever is the level, you are supposed to do good run that means you HAVE the good moves in right places or any level wont be decently finished. You won't have 27 different as fast styles in same spot with same route. At least you have choosen one of 'em.
Grace
38mins club

Post by Grace »

Ville_J wrote:
Haruhi wrote:Actually, fuck you all. Mawane is putting a lot of time into this cup, and getting nothing but criticism for what are nice levs.

What a f*cking s*it is this? I am not allowed to give constructive criticism? I know he's putting a lot of effort into the cup, and I'm not bashing it or the events. I gave my honest opinion and gave some reasons for those opinions, it's that fucking simple. If you can't take even constructive criticism, maybe there's something wrong with you, not me.
constructive criticism is great, that goes without saying, my point is that the whole point of a cup is, like Jappe said, to get a perfect run. a perfect run incorporates the best tricks, the smoothest styles and fastest route, and if you screw that up in a run, you haven't got the perfect run.
Image Cyberscore! Image
ville_j
Kuski

Post by ville_j »

Oh god, maybe I will never get you understand what I am trying to say. This discussion is now getting more on my nerve than any of the cup levels so far. I'm not trying to explain this anymore because it seems like you just don't read my posts carefully to understand what I mean. You keep saying "but yeesssh the point is to mayke a perfect run and it doz hev some tricks innit!". Yes I know it, and that so was not the thing I was annoyed by.
Grace
38mins club

Post by Grace »

Ville_J wrote:I wonder it there's ever going to be an event that is actually fun to play. All the levels so far have been quite annoying (the first one being the least annoying). They all seem to be too small: not enough space to adjust your bike, too small polygons that require like 1px accuracy, too small "holes" that need perfect entering position to go through nicely.. and so on. Also, annoying end tricks have made their appearance. When I have bounced, hung, swing, flown, twisted and [enter verb here] through the whole lev, there is still this one little trick that will end up fucking up your whole ride. It reminds me of those good old nes games where everything is just toooo hard and when you make a tiny mistake you die, you see Game Over screen and the game goes all the way back to the start. That makes you wanna cry. Levels have not been that bad, but quite annoying. Mostly I've ended up having around 5 finishes in a lev, and that is not a good sign. There seems to be no such choice as getting an average time in a lev. You either success and get a good/decent time or then you press arrow key 0,01s too late and the ride is fucked up and the finished time would be 10+ sec slower. Maybe it's just my playing style, I don't know. But I'm a good player, yes I am!11
Ville_J wrote:Well, what I think I was trying to say is that I would rather finish a lev and keep improving my time constantly depending on how well the tricks are made. Let's see it this way:

Make all but one trick perfect or fail more than one, your time is: 46,66 or DÖDEN

Then there are like different levels of perfection. This is how my events have gone:

Oh fuck I died.
Oh fuck I died again!
Aw, made all the tricks perfectly but got a little bit distracted at the end, so it was all for nothing, got 48,37

And that just goes on and on and on, and finishing is rare. So, I would rather have that kind of levels, where a tiny mistakes don't cost you: death or +(1)5s in finishing time.

edit:
And forgot to say: As roope wrote, the levels have been quite similar so all the frustration is growing exponentially! I would like to see a completely different level on next event.
:wink:
Image Cyberscore! Image
ville_j
Kuski

Post by ville_j »

Haruhi wrote:
Ville_J wrote:I wonder it there's ever going to be an event that is actually fun to play. All the levels so far have been quite annoying (the first one being the least annoying). They all seem to be too small: not enough space to adjust your bike, too small polygons that require like 1px accuracy, too small "holes" that need perfect entering position to go through nicely.. and so on. Also, annoying end tricks have made their appearance. When I have bounced, hung, swing, flown, twisted and [enter verb here] through the whole lev, there is still this one little trick that will end up fucking up your whole ride. It reminds me of those good old nes games where everything is just toooo hard and when you make a tiny mistake you die, you see Game Over screen and the game goes all the way back to the start. That makes you wanna cry. Levels have not been that bad, but quite annoying. Mostly I've ended up having around 5 finishes in a lev, and that is not a good sign. There seems to be no such choice as getting an average time in a lev. You either success and get a good/decent time or then you press arrow key 0,01s too late and the ride is fucked up and the finished time would be 10+ sec slower. Maybe it's just my playing style, I don't know. But I'm a good player, yes I am!11
Ville_J wrote:Well, what I think I was trying to say is that I would rather finish a lev and keep improving my time constantly depending on how well the tricks are made. Let's see it this way:

Oh fuck I died.
Oh fuck I died again!

edit:
:wink:
And the point of your retard post was..?
Grace
38mins club

Post by Grace »

Ville_J wrote: You keep saying "but yeesssh the point is to mayke a perfect run and it doz hev some tricks innit!". Yes I know it, and that so was not the thing I was annoyed by.
Image Cyberscore! Image
nick-o-matic
Kuski

Post by nick-o-matic »

I must say I pretty much agree with ville's points and his criticism was constructive. I try to give some constructive criticism now too. In a nutshell the problem of many your levels is that player's own innovations are pretty limited. And the tricks could often be more enjoyable to complete. I think you make levels so that you plan the styles but the problem is that, of course with absolutely no any offence, you are bit nab as a player so when you plan the tricks and routes the proest players might find the tricks too limited and annoying to complete and the routes obvious even though you thought the routes were really clever etc.

My advice (not saying that my levels are that good, just a general tip from theory of levelmaking) is that you could try to make some levels pretty randomly (but not meaning any kind of sick million-routes-levels, the apple order can be obvious too so that the level is still random) so that you yourself don't even know the fastest way to drive (but so that there are lot possiblities and some possible styles seem cool) and then get surprised from the recs. At least so far the pro recs from different players doesn't have had that much variation imo but if you check internals, after nearly a decade, still new styles and moves have been found.
Also, I have noticed that in your levels the height-width -ratio is often higher than in most levelmakers's levels, you know, they are high compared to their width. This makes them pretty slow and unsmooth to play sometimes. Generally, if you stretched your levels after making in ale, it could make them better.

And this criticizing has absolutely nothing to do with Mawane's person because Mawane himself is very max guy! Also I'm not saying that the levels are bad, you all see that I'm actually playing the cup and have used many hours for that! They just could be better. And actually the 5th event maybe is already (going to flower seems mongo though). And it's of course cool that you are making this cup, thanks for that.
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

hai o,o

the levs sak (or are "nothing special"), everyone knows that, and that is one of the reasons i dont play this cup (although a minor reason). So i dont see why villej cant say it aloud without being bitched at

bai o,o
Juish
38mins club

Post by Juish »

wow drama heating up in here, im just wondering where the results for 4th event are? i'm just watching the cup from the bleachers, not playing, and thank you guys for making it entertaining!
TT= 38 somethin
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

Juish wrote:wow drama heating up in here, im just wondering where the results for 4th event are?
http://mawcup.sshoyer.net/?s=events&e=4
Was it cast for the mass who burn and toil?
Or for the vultures who thirst for blood and oil?
Rules | FAQ
pawq
38mins club
Team: TR

Post by pawq »

everytime just go to events page, and add "&e=x" after the adress, where x is number of the event of which results you want to see
Juish
38mins club

Post by Juish »

oh i was just going by the main page updates on the site :P and looking for updates on here like maw did for all the other events
TT= 38 somethin
ville_j
Kuski

Post by ville_j »

NOM had some pretty interesting points there. Now that I think of if it, I would be very grateful if someone ever gave my level as detailed criticism. Someone who thinks we shouldn't have said all this is teh most idiath person eva!
Mawane
Kuski

Post by Mawane »

as I said, my computer is crashed, and it is on reparation since a week, should be ready this week,end, gonna update site and stuff, sry but that kind of stuff can happen to anyone
Mawane
Kuski

Post by Mawane »

Congratulations to adi who won the 5th event with 40,44
Results 5
Standings

Next lev: mwc06.lev

In the standings, adi [MiE] maintains his lead with 445 points followed once more by NightMar [xXx] with 410 points. He will need to catch him up if he wants to win. Pretty nice competition between those two guys! Leading team still MiE with ridiculous 1164 points. Closest team is TAAf with 455 points.

Congratulation to all who participated, next event up!
Last edited by Mawane on 16 Nov 2009, 13:29, edited 2 times in total.
Mawane
Kuski

Post by Mawane »

mwc06
Deadline: tomorrow 7:15 [GTM-5]

I'll be there for results!
Last edited by Mawane on 29 Nov 2009, 17:12, edited 1 time in total.
Mawane
Kuski

Post by Mawane »

delete me
Last edited by Mawane on 29 Nov 2009, 17:13, edited 2 times in total.