MiE pipe cup

Advertise your levels, contests, sites etc.

Moderator: Moporators

roope
37mins club
Team: MiE

Re: MiE pipe cup

Post by roope »

FinMan wins the event and now leads the standings! Grats fm, and all who played too.

The next event is by our guest designer, Pab. Enjoy!

7 events left, so you've still got time to join in! Remember, you can skip 3 of the 10 events.
Last edited by roope on 25 May 2010, 18:05, edited 1 time in total.
Team MiE - MiE Cup 1
Prestigious member of 14.6x Tutor14 club
FinMan
36mins club
Team: dat

Post by FinMan »

I'm not feeling insulted, I know the end and some other parts were not done well. Ty.
pawq
38mins club
Team: TR

Post by pawq »

will there be team standings btw?
Binder
Kuski

Post by Binder »

My result is not correct. In the rec I sent last, I collected 19 apples however the rec you published is not that one but a rec with 18 apples. Please check and correct.
Pab
38mins club

Post by Pab »

This is the guitar that had to remove coz vertex limits blabla
My Youtube Channel Level Stats Maker Battle Notifier!

Signatür ruined by SveinR - smaller plz :*
Mawane
Kuski
Team: SV

Post by Mawane »

nice pizza!
Website || TT:41:45:64 || Team Image
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198025490048]Image[/url]
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

thats a sick one pab! had to remove the remainings anyway to make a trainlev :D its still 51xx vertexes :D

edit:
absolutely imba lev :D my fav one so far
The_BoneLESS
38mins club
Team: HHIT

Post by The_BoneLESS »

By far the best level yet, i will play this one.
Website || TT:38:05:33 || WC5:15th || HHIT for life || 9th world wide ... BAP is next
roope
37mins club
Team: MiE

Post by roope »

Binder wrote:My result is not correct. In the rec I sent last, I collected 19 apples however the rec you published is not that one but a rec with 18 apples. Please check and correct.
Corrected. We simply didn't notice you had sent one more. Sorry for your inconvenience!
Team MiE - MiE Cup 1
Prestigious member of 14.6x Tutor14 club
nick-o-matic
Kuski

Post by nick-o-matic »

Pawq wrote:will there be team standings btw?
Maybe, I'm calculating the standings myself with my FF-cup calculator because the rules are the same to the FF-cups and I should code it to calculate the team standings too. I'll do it if I have enough time but team standings wouldn't maybe be mega interesting since there are only one player from many teams. But at least teams NK, SV, KFC and NGT have many players though.
The_BoneLESS wrote:By far the best level yet, i will play this one.
Very nice Boneless! Sorry if the first levels haven't been the best - I think too that Bliz's and Koopa's levels weren't the best blizkoopa quality (I think they still were good though, just not their best). Also they maybe were too long and hard to be events 2 and 3. But luckily you are allowed to skip many events in this cup and I can assure that there are some very interesting and well-designed levels to come so keep playing!
The_BoneLESS
38mins club
Team: HHIT

Post by The_BoneLESS »

Haha, my opinion doesn't weigh that much. The first 3 levels were good, i'm just saying the 4rth is great! I was actually surprised by the quality of the first levels, i was simply in an internal mood and couldn't get out of it.
Website || TT:38:05:33 || WC5:15th || HHIT for life || 9th world wide ... BAP is next
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

nick-o-matic wrote:team standings wouldn't maybe be mega interesting since there are only one player from many teams
at least me and marian from IEM, and i hope dash and k0en will join soon :>
nick-o-matic wrote:they maybe were too long and hard to be events 2 and 3
are the levels going to be harder and harder as the cup flows by? o,o
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

Pawq wrote:
i hope so. i'd like to have some 5 min long pipe with impsy tricks everywhere. :)
TT: 36:59:53 || Avg TT: 38:09:65
nick-o-matic
Kuski

Post by nick-o-matic »

The_BoneLESS wrote:Haha, my opinion doesn't weigh that much. The first 3 levels were good, i'm just saying the 4rth is great! I was actually surprised by the quality of the first levels, i was simply in an internal mood and couldn't get out of it.
Ye they were good but Koopa and Bliz are able to make really great levels like Pab too =)
Lukazz wrote:
Pawq wrote:
i hope so. i'd like to have some 5 min long pipe with impsy tricks everywhere. :)
There will be a very hard level or two and some easy levels too. But probably not epic 5min levels.
Last edited by nick-o-matic on 26 May 2010, 17:46, edited 1 time in total.
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

Lukazz wrote:i'd like to have some 5 min long pipe with impsy tricks everywhere. :)
fu :D
Pab
38mins club

Post by Pab »

24 hours for deadline! show time

pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

lol guys i suggest you watch nom's rec and fix the standings...
FinMan
36mins club

Post by FinMan »

lol guy i suggest people noticed that right after they were published and it was announced in irc 10 secs later. :|
nick-o-matic
Kuski

Post by nick-o-matic »

Grats FinMan, you are doing pretty nice, top 2 in every event so far! Also nice results Madness and Lumen!
:beer:

The event 5 is up now and as you can see it's not only the coolest level ever but it's also hard. Therefore it will have some extra playing time, 9 days in total.
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

i wasnt at irc fm, sorry, you could stop pointing out everything of mine you think is a mistake.
ont: noo bumpy gravy pie :S

edit:
oh, and for deadlines, moving them to sundays would be fucking awesome... i think everyone gets highest motivation right before the deadline (maybe you or smoe others not fm), so would be nice if we had time to use it during weekends :D
Pab
38mins club

Post by Pab »

well done Fm =)) gratz
sorry for that midd :P

pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

you could really fix the time, remember that gmt is uk's time only during winter, during summertime its gmt+1 in UK and gmt+2 in western and mid europe. according to that, swedish time is now gmt+2 and finnish time is gmt+3. the time on the site is gmt+1 not gmt :) would be nice if fixed ;o
nick-o-matic
Kuski

Post by nick-o-matic »

Pawq wrote:you could really fix the time, remember that gmt is uk's time only during winter, during summertime its gmt+1 in UK and gmt+2 in western and mid europe. according to that, swedish time is now gmt+2 and finnish time is gmt+3. the time on the site is gmt+1 not gmt :) would be nice if fixed ;o
I think Great Britain's time is always GMT+0 because GMT is Greenwich Mean Time and Greenwich is a British town. UTC is a different thing and Britain is UTC+1 during summer. And the time in the site is GMT, not UTC, so it should be right there. Anyway it would be too confusing to change things at this point.

But tomorrow is the deadline for the 5th event and remember that even with the suckiest rec you always support our cup!
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

sorry nom, against no offence to you but...

worst.

pipe.

ever.

-.-

i bet winning time will be like 1min faster than mine xD
Mawane
Kuski
Team: SV

Post by Mawane »

this is the most playable long pipe ive ever played love it nom!
Website || TT:41:45:64 || Team Image
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198025490048]Image[/url]
FinMan
36mins club

Post by FinMan »

This is sick good and flowy pipe. Never seen this good speedy pipe or even thought that speedy pipe can be good. :*
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

hmm every nonfinish 0 appels? :P not count yet huh?
abruzzi
Kuski

Post by abruzzi »

Lol Finni Manni you completely lead after the second ramp just to be overtaken after the final loop. Nice encounter, guys.

edit: dunno if only i suffered from this, but the hook (you know which one) was ultra annoying.
<Pawq> at a gym you have only 3 options: 1. have your eyes closed, 2. stare at yourself, 3. stare at others, all of which are either super boring or disgusting
nick-o-matic
Kuski

Post by nick-o-matic »

Event 05 is now over and FinMan is going to the cupwin strongly. He was 2nd this time and a bit surprisingly it was Boomer who crushed him with just 0,06 seconds, grats!

Now notice that the next event is a bit shorter (5 days) so the deadline is back to Tuesday.
FinMan
36mins club

Post by FinMan »

haha the coolest fail ever in a 100% spot :P :roll: Boomer, well done! :D I'm sure you had a great moment when saw my fail. :)
nick-o-matic
Kuski

Post by nick-o-matic »

The 6th event will end today! Seems that everyone are hating this level since people have sent in very poorly so maybe now it's the right time to send anything in if you want good points easily.

And the next event will be a bit harder level by adi btw so if you want hardness your needs will soon be fulfilled.
Orcc
Moporator
Team: IS

Post by Orcc »

Why would people hate it?

Starts with an annoying curvy downward pipe, continues with a stupid gapjump. Next ahead is a horrible zig-zag pipe with a twist of vsync on the first wall. After that there's some kind of corner-pipe with an alopushjump which you need to approach with the right angle to be able to pull off. Then there's some always-so-delightful gravity part combined from headbanger and jaws. End the lev with full speed pipe with some neat spikes and you've got a quality pipe altogether!
NoobSty2-competition

"If you're afraid of pedophiles - grow up"
abruzzi
Kuski

Post by abruzzi »

I'm sorry to extend what Orcc said, but as for a Cup - people surely expect more. I skipped first, then second, then third, then I had to start the fourth, but quality didn't rise.

Most people find it actually fighting against themselves, not against others' times. People want to be active, want to show they still care, but the level of annoyance of most of these levels is just too high.

Ever played a BaskP or a JoPi? They are tricky, long or short, tighter or wider, but you can finish them without too much annoyance or unpleasant surprises and the skill is measured at the same time! Don't make this contest 'Whose Keyboard Will Last The Most'
<Pawq> at a gym you have only 3 options: 1. have your eyes closed, 2. stare at yourself, 3. stare at others, all of which are either super boring or disgusting
FinMan
36mins club

Post by FinMan »

Personally enjoyed most of these to the max and one of the reason was what made jopis good. I mean these are long and the tricks are not that planned. Fourth event has been easily the worst so far. Well, playing this event has been a very little time, barely over an hour but that doesnt mean I dont like the level. About this one, its not any faster to go in every vsync hole you find and you can balance your bike extremely well in a pipe so the 180° was just a great spot with nothing to complain. Only the end had something annoying in it, obviously the spikes in the roof. And the jaws-headbanger part was the only part which made differences between my and Rookers recs so I just say it was a great to have it in here, otherwise it wouldve been way too höylä. And of course the cuplevels should be longer than this imo, but there has been sick good but long levels so its good to get a real höylä to some part of it :)

One is max tired, hope didnt write anything twice or tell any stupid tales about elves.. :beer:
Boomer
39mins club
Team: LOS

Post by Boomer »

FinMan wrote:haha the coolest fail ever in a 100% spot :P :roll: Boomer, well done! :D I'm sure you had a great moment when saw my fail. :)
Heh, just got home after 6 days of traveling. Good thing you wrote so I downloaded your rec (only winning-rec is enough for me to download normally :P)

About the rec, yes, the lead was embarrasing for me to see. Can't believe I just drove 'automatically' at the long gravity up part and there were some other shortcomings as well in my rec. It was "ez win" for you FinMan. Why didn't you play more? Of course it was nice for me to win but I was a bit surprised. My aim was actually 2:2x,xx but that was harder than I thought. I always screwed up at some places but none of my best recs was faster than yours the first 1,5 mins of the lev.

I played event 05 the most so far. Hated it at a first glance (editor), thought that only a few would be able to finish but after some tries it turned out to be the 2nd most enjoyable lev (mie102 <3). It felt like an old acrossish lev ala Hordasc or such with some pipe-sections in it :)

Btw, as I got home some 10 mins ago, I haven't played event 6 :( I hoped for a longer deadline again but oh well. Guess I have to wait for event 7 for more piping.
Team LOS website

<jaytea> uh milk was invented in 1966
-
<teh_mila> bah, fucked up nice labpro ride cause i almost fell of the chair:)
FinMan
36mins club

Post by FinMan »

Boomer wrote: Why didn't you play more?

I played event 05 the most so far. Hated it at a first glance (editor), thought that only a few would be able to finish but after some tries it turned out to be the 2nd most enjoyable lev (mie102 <3). It felt like an old acrossish lev ala Hordasc or such with some pipe-sections in it :)
The reason I didnt play more was that almost everyone had told they arent playing this cup anymore or this event. Quite annoying to höyl if noone else plays. Yes, the level was amazing. In this one it was cool to play because had something to compare with when started to play, in this case my brother, Rooker. But wanted to take some break so played just 1 and half hours or something. Nice that Rooker won an event also already! :)
abruzzi
Kuski

Post by abruzzi »

Code: Select all

15.	Binder [KFC]	12	27.5
16.	dobla [KFC] 	12	27.5
17.	gabika [KFC]	12	27.5
idiot mistakes strike back again (26+25+24)/3 = 25
Binder
Kuski

Post by Binder »

ville_j...14--->24 apples
ville_j
Kuski
Team: IS

Post by ville_j »

Oh lal didn't even notice, but that's correct, I got 24 apples. Organizing of this cup does not impress me =D
< roopemies> horror and frustrating and can't play, sounds just like you
Beer battle winner 2014 and 2015
adi
36mins club

Post by adi »

I liked MiEPC106, though gravity up part could have been more enjoyable. ZERO had cool style for zig zag part (head first), which seems to be "much" faster style.
Team MiE
nick-o-matic
Kuski

Post by nick-o-matic »

abruzzi wrote:

Code: Select all

15.	Binder [KFC]	12	27.5
16.	dobla [KFC] 	12	27.5
17.	gabika [KFC]	12	27.5
idiot mistakes strike back again (26+25+24)/3 = 25
Yeah, that's a clear mistake, seems that the site's calculator has bugged somehow. But once again, it's irrelevant for final results what stands in the events's results pages because I calculator the final standings with my FF-cup calculator.
Binder wrote:ville_j...14--->24 apples
Wtf, I tried to be extra careful with apple calculations this time and clearly remember putting 24 there instead if 14. But I was very tired yesterday night when doing that. But thx for noticing once again!
Madness
35mins club

Post by Madness »

There are a few bugs at finished recs aswell.
a l v i n
Kuski

Post by a l v i n »

hi! I forgot my password so I could not send my result .. :/ what can i do now ? pls help..
nick-o-matic
Kuski

Post by nick-o-matic »

I changed your password, I'll PM it to you =)
a l v i n
Kuski

Post by a l v i n »

nick-o-matic wrote:I changed your password, I'll PM it to you =)

Thank you very much!!! :))))
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

what's up with the new lev?!?!?
nick-o-matic
Kuski

Post by nick-o-matic »

Lukazz wrote:what's up with the new lev?!?!?
It's a tradition of this cup which you must respect that new events are late. But now http://miepipecup.sshoyer.net/?s=events! But I'm very happy to see your eagerness, I hope you'll hoyl much - this level should be much more hoylable and likeable than few previous ones. =)

But Kazan won the 7th level with very impressive ride and he actually still can win the cup if he wins still at least two levels and also FM doesn't win anymore. Also Rooker is able to win the cup still if he wins every remaining event.
weetya
Kuski

Post by weetya »

Kopaka seems to be a big fan of nasty curved start pipes.
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

Koopa, not Kopa.
weetya
Kuski

Post by weetya »

Lukazz wrote:Koopa, not Kopa.
Hm, I misread that. The beginning looks similiar though.