The slowest lev

Advertise your levels, contests, sites etc.

Moderator: Moporators

dawid
Kuski

The slowest lev

Post by dawid »

Hi! I have one idea. I made lev which sets borders (the rectangle polygon). Now, you have to make lev which requires the longest time to end. Remember, the size of your levs has to be not bigger than borders in mini.lev. You can change the start and flower(s) positions, add apples and killers. Let's start! :D
Attachments
mini.lev
lev with borders of size
(978 Bytes) Downloaded 182 times
Lousku
Kuski
Team: BAP

Re: The slowest lev

Post by Lousku »

Nat orka make, but some tunnel that snakes around most of teh lev, and a lap system with parallel tunnels and apels wheer you can only pick one and then hev to go through whole long tunnel again. Nobody would orka play sach but ez many many hours needed to finish. Whole tunnel cane also be ultraslow spiky fak. I guess could make it some ridonkulus 50h lev.

edit: oh lol gak im an idiot :) thought you meant max dimensions lev
then again i don't know anything
maybe easier not to think abouut alöl things thought than not things thought ... or something..=?
dawid
Kuski

Post by dawid »

Lousku wrote:Nat orka make, but some tunnel that snakes around most of teh lev, and a lap system with parallel tunnels and apels wheer you can only pick one and then hev to go through whole long tunnel again. Nobody would orka play sach but ez many many hours needed to finish. Whole tunnel cane also be ultraslow spiky fak. I guess could make it some ridonkulus 50h lev.
lel? i dont understand you (maybe because of my bad english). U can only make polygons inside box in mini.lev so the lev will be as small as mini.lev.
Edit:
Lousku wrote:oh lol gak im an idiot :)
Now I understand u :D
Last edited by dawid on 27 Jun 2014, 17:20, edited 1 time in total.
analcactus
Kuski

Post by analcactus »

dawid you are veri aktive
Image Image
Hosp
38mins club
Team: MiE

Post by Hosp »

is slower if not driven in sl
Attachments
miniHos1.lev
(2.9 KiB) Downloaded 193 times
minihos1sl.rec
(42.16 KiB) Downloaded 188 times
ToMaT
Mawane
Kuski
Team: SV

Post by Mawane »

cool hosp, wonder what people will think of to make something else even longer to finish :D
Website || TT:41:45:64 || Team Image
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198025490048]Image[/url]
danitah
Kuski

Post by danitah »

my idea something like this: http://elmaonline.net/battles/76581
not super optimized, i guess normal run is like 50sec
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

i belief properly made lev in this fashion could take hours to finish, liek pasibel hex edit x coordinate of hang to be smallest possible step larger to make the slightlest possible slope to ride. example: other end of hang X is 1.00000000000000000000 and other end 1.00000000000000000001 whatever is the smallest possible step in this case. I cant be arsed to do this properly but the idea is there, the hard part is to not allow player to use brake or volts to gain some initial speed
Attachments
miniza01.lev
(1.34 KiB) Downloaded 204 times
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

Zweq wrote: I cant be arsed to do this properly but the idea is there, the hard part is to not allow player to use brake or volts to gain some initial speed
this is the weirdest fuck ever. i finished the lev three times now. first time: 1:32:00, second time: 2:54:67 and third time: 1:03:02. how the fuck is this possible? i finished the lev all three times with the same "style": brake for a few seconds and then do nothing. this is a lev for "mysteries of the elma universe".
TT: 36:59:53 || Avg TT: 38:09:65
Bludek
38mins club
Team: CART

Post by Bludek »

my 3 consequent finishes: 2:56:xx, 1:03:xx, 0:48:12.
I think mopo is moving not only in left-right dirrection, but also (very little) in up-down dirrection (when you are pressing brake at start). So it's all about letting brake at the right time when the bike goes the most "down". Or maybe I am wrong and it has to do something with something else.

Great idea though, zweq
EOL top 10 kuski of 2014 and 2015.
21:03:48 <umiz> i like 99% of bludek levels
danitah
Kuski

Post by danitah »

very sik lev, dont understand how it works :i
badyl
37mins club

Post by badyl »

I guess finish time very much depends on how long you brake at start.
dawid
Kuski

Post by dawid »

Look at my idea
pawq
38mins club
Team: TR

Post by pawq »

What difference does it make? The principle is the same.
dawid
Kuski

Post by dawid »

Pawq wrote:What difference does it make? The principle is the same.
It allows to achieve slower times than zweq lev!
EDIT:
Look at this pic to understand
badyl
37mins club

Post by badyl »

You're wrong. Have you heard of Newton's second law of motion (druga zasada dynamiki Newtona)? The speed will be increasing anyway.
gimp
Kuski

Post by gimp »

Here is a 56 second lev i did in sl, it could be done faster but the lev could also be made much slower if i wanted to put in the effort, could put like a bunch of annoying spikes or some shit but this is the idea i had behind a long mini lev.
Attachments
gimilev2.lev
(2.95 KiB) Downloaded 169 times
gimilev2gim.rec
(47.38 KiB) Downloaded 145 times
God Bless America
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

badyl wrote:You're wrong. Have you heard of Newton's second law of motion (druga zasada dynamiki Newtona)? The speed will be increasing anyway.
Wait, what?
gimp
Kuski

Post by gimp »

Also here is rec of danielj's lev done in 45 seconds
so i guess that means im winning yeah?
Attachments
minidj01gim.rec
(40.46 KiB) Downloaded 135 times
God Bless America
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

Pawq wrote:
badyl wrote:You're wrong. Have you heard of Newton's second law of motion (druga zasada dynamiki Newtona)? The speed will be increasing anyway.
Wait, what?
If the premise for accelerating the bike is having one vertex with minimum offset, it would be wiser to have it placed as far as possible from the point of origin, like badyl says.

Look at dawid's picture again. Let's call the distance covered by the left wheel between x1.000000 and x1.000001 A, and the downward velocity gathered as a result of the left wheel traveling the distance A will be called V.

In dawid's version you accelerate the to 1V during the first moments of the descent, and after that the kuski will keep travelling at 1V for the remainder of the level until the flower is collected (since there is no friction in elma if no brake is applied). In Zweq's version however, during the first seconds on the level the wheel will not travel the full length of A, and will therefore not reach a velocity of 1V, but rather a fraction of it. After half the level is completed, the kuski will still only travel at 0.5V, thus making the descent far slower than in dawid's version. It's not until the very moment that the wheel hits the flower that the velocity will come near 1V.

I would have continued discussing this further and taking it into various other exciting sub-topics, but i have a meeting in 1 minute and it's really fuxcking hard to type this out on a phone.

ps. interesting tidbit; zweq's version can be seen as a really zoomed-in version of dawid's level, where only the top part is shown. Think about it this wait and it's easy to visualize how the acceleration to the exact same velozity in dawid's version is much faster than in zweq's version.
John: lol hittade ett popcorn i naveln
(19:52:06) (@Madnezz) The Golden Apple Award goes to.....
(19:52:36) (@Madnezz) ib9814.lev by igge!!!
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
badyl
37mins club

Post by badyl »

Igge wrote: In dawid's version you accelerate the to 1V during the first moments of the descent, and after that the kuski will keep travelling at 1V for the remainder of the level until the flower is collected (since there is no friction in elma if no brake is applied).
This is not true. The velocity will keep increasing. Very little but it will. This is a result of laws of physics and elma is based on physics.
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

Okay, guys, calm the fuck down.

Firstly, elma is NOT based on physics. Please let me know hen you find a place with elma physics, I'll have lots of fun there. Therefore, mentioning any laws of physics (like Newton's 2nd law, which by the way doesn't describe what you're trying to say) is completely pointless.

Now I hope we all realise that this discussion is solely about how far we're willing to zoom in. Assuming the zoom-in level, and hence the x-displacement of the two vortices is the same, Igge is right in saying that the same amount of acceleration distributed over a longer time will result in a slower "accumulated" velocity, and hence longer time.

To put this into the world of paint drawings:

Anyhow, I honestly believe this discussion is quite pointless and should be ended, allowing the attention to be focused on coming up with new ideas, instead of battling over nearly identical ones.

Unfortunately, I am a very uncreative person, and hence unable to contribute.

Peaches, out.
badyl
37mins club

Post by badyl »

I didn't want to quarrel or anything. In Dawid's idea the finish time will be of course slower. The only thing he was wrong was assuming that speed would be constant. Newton's second law of motion says that when the strenth which affects the body is constant and greater than zero it will move with uniformally accelerated motion (not sure about the translatoin) (ruch jednostajnie przyspieszony).
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

Did you even read what Igge and myself wrote?
badyl
37mins club

Post by badyl »

Yes. Did i write sth wrong?
dawid
Kuski

Post by dawid »

What about this shit?
minida03.lev
badyl
37mins club

Post by badyl »

too ez
Attachments
minida03lol.rec
(9.96 KiB) Downloaded 128 times
dawid
Kuski

Post by dawid »

OK next shit, the angle is 50 degrees (the same as in minida03.lev) and it is proven at this topic that it is possible to climb.
EDIT: forgot to add lev xD
Attachments
minida06.lev
(1.06 KiB) Downloaded 130 times
Last edited by dawid on 3 Sep 2014, 13:20, edited 2 times in total.
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

What about that 90 degree climb against a wall with a hang that Zweq discovered some year(s?) ago? Anyone remember name of lev/rec?
John: lol hittade ett popcorn i naveln
(19:52:06) (@Madnezz) The Golden Apple Award goes to.....
(19:52:36) (@Madnezz) ib9814.lev by igge!!!
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
dawid
Kuski

Post by dawid »

Igge wrote:What about that 90 degree climb against a wall with a hang that Zweq discovered some year(s?) ago? Anyone remember name of lev/rec?
intersting one.
PS. I've added next shit lev in my previous post lol :D
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

megasick zamppe lev - i got 3:06:35 (30 fps probably not great)
edit: 46:09 pro time
[carebox]
AndrY
38mins club
Team: .lev

Post by AndrY »

wow topic :o

how about this:
?
Attachments
miniAY.lev