24 Hour Levelpack (Marathon Levelmaking Challenge)

Advertise your levels, contests, sites etc.

Moderator: Moporators

danitah
Kuski

24 Hour Levelpack (Marathon Levelmaking Challenge)

Post by danitah »

Levpack here: http://elmaonline.net/statistics/levelpack/DA24H1#0/

I have thought about making a levelpack for a long time now, since before my return to Elma even. The reason I haven't gotten started is probably because I'm too critical of what levs to add, so compiling a levelpack would take a lot of time. Then I got this idea; how many quality, levelpack-ish levels, could I make in 24 hours? My goal is 50 levels (Might be a lot less, since I don't know what kind of levels I will make.). As I've thought about this I have come to like the idea more and more. So, on next friday, from the time I wake up, I will start making levels, and continue the whole day. (the date is not absolutely certain, if something comes up I might change it.)

All levels will be started as normal battles as soon as they are ready (When I design I will make them with levelpack in mind though). If I'm unable to start all levels during the day, I will start them on sunday, but no further editing will be done after 24 hours have passed. I won't be around in eol to chat and spy much.

I will upload all files related to this (archives with win-recs and levs etc.) here: http://www.danitah.com/24HRLP

Bottom line, come to EOL any time during friday if you want to play (hopefully) quality levels.

Schedule (Times are EEST):
Friday 13:00-15:00 Start of challenge.
Saturday 13:00-15:00 End of challenge
Sunday 14:00 If any levs left to add, I will start adding them from here.
Sunday Nov. 02 24:00 end of Total Time challenge.

After end of TT-challenge, please send me your recs if you have best time in any levs. If you feel like you might have some best times, you are encouraged to send me all your recs before deadline so I can compile best recs quickly.

To follow everything (countdown, results, chat, info) come to IRC-channel #24HRLP. There will be total standings for all battles updated live.

Point System:
Last edited by danitah on 1 May 2018, 15:17, edited 13 times in total.
Lukazz
36mins club

Re: 24 Hour Levelpack (Marathon Levelmaking Challenge)

Post by Lukazz »

can we have a 24 hour levelpack marathon hoyling challenge?
TT: 36:59:53 || Avg TT: 38:09:65
danitah
Kuski

Post by danitah »

Well, I will definitely release the levs through battles. I guess it's possible to have a competition that starts after the 24 hours are up, so it would end another 24 hours after that. I'm open for ideas :)
gimp
Kuski

Post by gimp »

sounds pretty cool. to reach 50 levels i guess you'd have to average around 30 minutes a lev! and then think about needing to eat, poop, etc. 50 quality levs in 24 hours would be exhausting, and impressive if you can pull it off. good luck!
God Bless America
danitah
Kuski

Post by danitah »

Well, my goal isn't to make as many levels as possible, it is to create the best levelpack I can. I still think it's good to set a goal like that, even if I might end up making a lot less levels :)
niN
Kuski
Team: HoHo

Post by niN »

interesting challenge! I might take part as a designer... but not for 24 hours :P maybe from 9pm to 4am or something..
Team HotHorses, and I'm converting to Icelandian now...
zebra
Kuski
Team: TAP

Post by zebra »

I once tried how fast I could make a level pack with 100 levels. The result was about 90 minutes. So that leaves under minute design time per level. The levels weren't good at all and some were pretty stupid or funny, but all the levels were finishable and höyläable and we played some kind of total time contest with my brothers :) I liked the idea and the concept and it was quite funny overall. But that was really long ago, maybe over 10 years ago :)
A winner of 4 GAA's (mc2 included), winner of mkup206, and a proud member of team TAP.
Play uni levels: http://koti.mbnet.fi/zebra/uni.html
Homepage: http://koti.mbnet.fi/zebra/elma.html
Hosp
38mins club
Team: MiE

Post by Hosp »

give levs <zebra> plz
ToMaT
Kestas
Kuski

Post by Kestas »

looking forward to that! hopefully no more god damn ff battles ruining my day on the upcoming friday.
and gimp is right. if youre just having fun and not to serious about TT, then this Friday might be fun time to spend. but, if youre looking toward to get the best poss TT while doing battles on friday for this challenge,,,youre faked. as you cant really eat, if you eat...you have to poop and all.

this challenge here reminded me of good old days when jeppe would go crazy and stay absent sleep, start battles one after another, endlessly. i wonder what lev count has he done that day. was my best #battle day for sure. i would be so happy and tired of battling jeppedy levs old day so i would pass out ang go to sleep. the next morning i wake up, i launch elma again and the current battle is yet another jeppe level))) i believe those were the good old CCCP days. best #battle memories

anyway, thanks for letting me know of this dani, i'll try to be online for as long as i can.
the bad forecast for such event...dani you might lack for players really. its the holy friday, people go to pubs and clubs to relax from hard week at work) i'll buy planty of beer, rus man will sink in vodka and sach ;p
danitah
Kuski

Post by danitah »

Thank you Kestas. Yeah jeppe sure is a no-lifing god! The reason I choose friday instead of saturday or sunday is because there are more levs on those days, so harder for me to start many levs. I can't stop other people from starting levs of course. I've been thinking maybe a week-long time limit for TT competition might be better? Maybe deadline next sunday, so people have this weekend and also whole next week to play if they want. Two days will probably be way too little.
danitah
Kuski

Post by danitah »

I just finished this project! I started 14:04 and finished last lev 11:23. So I spent 21 hours (probably 3-4h total breaks taken). Managed to make 26 levs in total, which is less than I thought but I am happy with the result. There are a few levels I am not very happy with, but I expected that with a project like this. Thanks to everyone who played, and especially to adi and roope for sticking around for almost all of the battles! adi played first 20 levels (Won 16, finished 2nd in 4!!!). roope missed only one, and also very solid results.

Now it's time to start hoyling for the Total Time competition! See first post for more info about this :)

I still have not released the very last lev, and I will release that on sunday. Be warned, it is very hard!

Links:
Index
Battle win-recs
Levels
Current Standings
Battles
Irc log

Thanks and good night!
roope
37mins club

Post by roope »

Thanks, had fun. Started with many World Cup quality levels in the first half, and some just decent battle levels later when there weren't many players (which is understandable). I played all, but I missed points in 123 because just me and Hosp finished and Hosp won -> no points for me :<
Team MiE - MiE Cup 1
Prestigious member of 14.6x Tutor14 club
adi
36mins club

Post by adi »

Thanks. I originally planned to play all levels but after all I decided to go to sleep in the morning after 20 levels (14 hours playing). I'm very impressed about the quality of the levels. I thought they would be normal battle levels :D.
Team MiE
roope
37mins club

Post by roope »

Counted my total time: 20:25:05. Ez at least 18.xx I guess :p
Team MiE - MiE Cup 1
Prestigious member of 14.6x Tutor14 club
danitah
Kuski

Post by danitah »

Movie released) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OH-OFDWGXzA watch in full HD) it has preview of last lev) will start soon!
danitah
Kuski

Post by danitah »

Only one player has got a TT, I guess grats roope. More than 70 players played in the battles, so I can't really complain. This was meant to be a project to force myself to make a levelpack, and having three different kinds of competitions (battle, tt comp, norm levpack kinglist etc) was probably not the best way to do it. Competition continues here forever: http://elmaonline.net/statistics/levelpack/DA24H1
zebra
Kuski
Team: TAP

Post by zebra »

Hosp wrote:give levs <zebra> plz
Here: http://www.zworqy.com/up/files/Lumppa.zip
A winner of 4 GAA's (mc2 included), winner of mkup206, and a proud member of team TAP.
Play uni levels: http://koti.mbnet.fi/zebra/uni.html
Homepage: http://koti.mbnet.fi/zebra/elma.html