Elastomania ddraw wrapper

Advertise your levels, contests, sites etc.

Moderator: Moporators

Zweq
34mins club

Re: Elastomania ddraw wrapper

Post by Zweq »

For the record: if you only get a small gray square on top left of your screen, then remember to add ddraw_change_resolution.txt in eol folder. Also remember if you have file extensions hidden name the file ddraw_change_resolution textfile without file extension so you dont get ddraw_change_resolution.txt.txt (or be unnab and show file extensions and name it ddraw_change_resolution.txt)
culinko
38mins club

Post by culinko »

Very interesting find. I was able to finally make it work by adding ddraw_change_resolution.txt. However still can't make it work in windowed mode since ddraw_windowed has priority over ddraw_change_resolution flag. I wonder if something can be done to make windowed mode work...

Edit: I can run it in fullscreen mode without ddraw_change_resolution.txt if I set the resolution in eolconf the same as my desktop resolution. Still can't run it in windowed mode.
Last edited by culinko on 19 Jul 2017, 21:45, edited 1 time in total.
pawq
38mins club
Team: TR

Post by pawq »

I've got a different problem now. Elma works on teh laptop perfectly fine at resolutions higher than native, which obv causes it to go off screen. However, if I put it at native or lower resolution, then the game opens fine, but upon entering a level it goes to golden elma in the first frame and freezes completely, and a moment later spews out an error "An exception occurred during dllentrypoint or dllmain in module: bs.dll". Adding ddraw_change_resolution.txt prevented it from running at resolutions higher than native (incompatible resolution box), but also didn't make it work at native reso (can't remember what happened).

Any other ideas what I could try?
culinko
38mins club

Post by culinko »

Got another laptop with completely different video card now but still can't run it with ddraw.dll in windowed mode. It works with ddraw_change_resolution flag in fullscreen, though.

For both the flag ddraw_windowed and without any flags it goes like this: elma starts the same as it used to before (grey square), but it actually updates once I alt+tab to different program and back, but it's just a still image and isn't re-drawing immediately. It also registers keystrokes and I am able to close the windowed one by clicking "x" in the upper right corner. So for example if I press enter 4 times after starting the game and I alt+tab to different program and back, I can see that I already entered Warm Up. Obviously can't play the game if I can't see where I'm driving :twisted: Does anyone know how to fix this? I have the newest drivers from NVIDIA.

Edit: I remembered it wrong before so I edited my post. It works the same as on my old laptop except the screen is actually drawn after I alt+tab away and back. Also it works without any flags if Elma resolution = desktop resolution.
Abula
Moposite admin
Team: FM

Post by Abula »

I'm also having problems with windowed Elma in Windows 10.

1) 12800 bytes ddraw.dll + ddraw_windowed.txt: Elma opens in window but is gray.
2) 259072 bytes ddraw.dll + ddraw_windowed.txt: Elma opens full screen and works smoothly. But when alt-tabbing back to Windows, resolution is changed to Elma resolution sometimes.

I'm afraid to update my graphic card because I'm using a hack to get a 2560x1440@41Hz resolution to work in my Dell U2713HM monitor and can't lose that.
40:02,71 (151.) | WCup4: 8. | 3x WR | 3x GAA | 11x FEM | KOM | The History of Elasto Mania (1995-2018)
jblaze
38mins club

Post by jblaze »

same thing as abula here. tried 3 .dlls, all combinations inculding compatibilty/reso etc. everything ends up with big grey screen when try to open windowed mode.
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.
(Devann) u are the master of your own universe. remember that
Ecchi
39mins club

Post by Ecchi »

With old ddraw.dll My game opens nicely in windowed mode with ddraw_windowed.txt but doesnt seem to register key inputs (stuck on welcome screen)

With the updated win10 ddraw.dll my game opens and runs smoothly but it opens in fullscreen which doesnt work for me.

Any idea why it won't open in windowed mode with the updated .dll?
RIP enthusiast claim image:(
Labs
37mins club
Team: SPEED

Post by Labs »

Dunno if this helps, but try copy this file on elma and setup.

http://kopasite.net/up/0/dxgl.ini

Launches Elma in windowed mode.

Note: you can change this yourself by editing the file dxgl.ini (located in the base elma folder). Open dxgl.ini file in a text editor (like notepad), and change the number in this line:
FullscreenWindowMode=1
The options are: (taken from https://github.com/dxgldotorg/dxgl/blob ... xample.ini)
0 - Use exclusive fullscreen
1 - Use non-exclusive fullscreen, not quite borderless windowed mode
2 - Use a non-resizable window
3 - Use a resizable window, uses scaler mode, preferably 1, 2, 3, or 7
4 - Use a borderless, non-resizable window, also known as windowed borderless
5 - Use a borderless window scaled to the screen
Team SPEED

Kazan
34mins club

Post by Kazan »

1. With this win10 ddraw when i alt-tab from eol resolution doesn't change to desktop's. is it normal?
2. Maybe somebody knows why my eol doesnt capture in obs (on laptop)? only works with SLI/Crossfire mode (which makes shit quality i think)
insane guy
Kuski

Post by insane guy »

Kazan wrote: 6 Jul 2020, 19:22 1. With this win10 ddraw when i alt-tab from eol resolution doesn't change to desktop's. is it normal?
2. Maybe somebody knows why my eol doesnt capture in obs (on laptop)? only works with SLI/Crossfire mode (which makes shit quality i think)
1. same here, tried changing desktop resolution to elma resolution but that sucks a bit...
2. no idea.
"Every night, me go to sleep, me have wet dream..."
Sla
36mins club
Team: SpEF

Post by Sla »

1. Same problem since several years ago when i wanted to test it.
Labs
37mins club

Post by Labs »

Try steam elma ddraw, maybe it works. I dont have win10 so cant test.
Attachments
ddraw.zip
(190.24 KiB) Downloaded 131 times
Team SPEED

Xiphias
39mins club

Post by Xiphias »

Labs wrote: 8 Jul 2020, 14:39 Try steam elma ddraw, maybe it works. I dont have win10 so cant test.
I don't know how to run elma in windowed mode, but the quality is much worse with that steam ddraw.dll
Thorze wrote:I just wanted to make a cool topic like Juish have cool topics..
Kazan
34mins club

Post by Kazan »

nice! with steam ddraw resolution changes when alt-tab
(but looks like with steam ddraw cpu heats like crazy so i wont use it)
Last edited by Kazan on 15 Aug 2020, 18:53, edited 1 time in total.
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

I've tried all ddraws I can find (13kb, 253kb, steam) etc. Elma runs fine, but I get mouse flickers in the editor with all of them.

I have to shake the mouse kinda violently to see where the cursor is, because then it will flicker into existence for a short while, but its hard to make levels with.. :I

I've also tried lots of nvidia settings etc, but haven't been able to find a solution. Did anyone else manage to solve a flickering mouse in the editor?
John: lol hittade ett popcorn i naveln
(19:52:06) (@Madnezz) The Golden Apple Award goes to.....
(19:52:36) (@Madnezz) ib9814.lev by igge!!!
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
pawq
38mins club
Team: TR

Post by pawq »

For me it was down to ddraw, dunno what else could try :/
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

Hm,

I guess problem might be that i still run W7 also. I guess most ddraws are made for W10, if that makes a difference.
John: lol hittade ett popcorn i naveln
(19:52:06) (@Madnezz) The Golden Apple Award goes to.....
(19:52:36) (@Madnezz) ib9814.lev by igge!!!
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
Xiphias
39mins club

Post by Xiphias »

Igge wrote: 18 Aug 2020, 09:04 Hm,

I guess problem might be that i still run W7 also. I guess most ddraws are made for W10, if that makes a difference.
I don't know anything about this nor can I test it on any Windows 7 machine, but did you try some other ddraw.dll files?
This project seems very active: https://github.com/elishacloud/dxwrapper

Another one I found, which is also included in the above project: https://github.com/narzoul/DDrawCompat
Thorze wrote:I just wanted to make a cool topic like Juish have cool topics..
badyl
37mins club

Post by badyl »

I'm having problems running EOL with ddraw
Tried both ddraw.dll files I have and I get error messsage that MSVCR120.dll or MSVCR100.dll is missing. I'm on 64bit Win7 SP1. I've installed Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013.
Anyone has solution ?
Labs
37mins club

Post by Labs »

Team SPEED