Elastomania ddraw wrapper

Advertise your levels, contests, sites etc.

Moderator: Moporators

Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Re: Elastomania ddraw wrapper

Post by Kopaka »

Yes setting vsync on has exactly same effect as vsync off with fps limit to 60/75 depending on your monitor refresh rate. So as long as limiter works, you don't need the ability to turn vsync on.
Chris
Kuski
Team: Ferrari

Post by Chris »

Kopaka wrote:Yes setting vsync on has exactly same effect as vsync off with fps limit to 60/75 depending on your monitor refresh rate. So as long as limiter works, you don't need the ability to turn vsync on.
Physics maybe it's the same, but rendering gets messy on lower-end netbook that can run barely over 60 fps. The smoothest gameplay I can get is when vsync is on, otherwise the background reminds my of texture jittering on psx. I can use other solution to get reasonable fps on windows 10 netbook (that software that Smibu linked while ago), but I wanted to ask whether ddraw can do it.
Lousku wrote:could you mayke shorter sig please :( mega annoying and also against rules :()
Sla
36mins club
Team: SpEF

Post by Sla »

Tried 70fps on Notebook (I dont have my PC since 6 months): So fucking laggy and unplayable
With vsync: So fucking smooth
Bjenn
35mins club
Team: EF

Post by Bjenn »

Maybe could be smoother with vsync off if you had your monitor refresh rate at the same value as your fps, ever tried that?
Chris
Kuski

Post by Chris »

Bjenn wrote:Maybe could be smoother with vsync off if you had your monitor refresh rate at the same value as your fps, ever tried that?
Of course I did, but it is laggy as hell.
Lousku wrote:could you mayke shorter sig please :( mega annoying and also against rules :()
John
first 35tt
Team: WNO

Post by John »

Tried adding ddraw.dll to my elma directory but my editor is still bugging. If I hold my cursor still I can see the editor menu, but if I start moving the cursor around I get some fast glitching between golden elma and the editor, and the cursor leaves a trace. It's totally impsy to make a level like this, and it's getting kinda annoying. Not that I spend much time in EOL anymore but any help would be appreciated!
Ropelli
Kuski

Post by Ropelli »

Yes that's a known bug but unfortunately the only solution is to update the gpu drivers and hope it will help.
pawq
38mins club
Team: TR

Post by pawq »

Awesome to be able to alt-tab elma again, thanks a lot!

But editor went crazy here too... Any chance for a workaround? Discourages from making levs :/
Ruben
Kuski

Post by Ruben »

Pawq wrote:Awesome to be able to alt-tab elma again, thanks a lot!

But editor went crazy here too... Any chance for a workaround? Discourages from making levs :/
Why not have two elmas? One with ddraw and one without.
<veezay> antti also gonna get stabbed later this month
<nick-o-matic> niec

My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.
bene
Hot kuski
Team: dat

Post by bene »

International error screen does not show for me when using this, eol just freezes and frame before crash and pressing key closes eol just like it would if I was on international error screen. Very confusing when it actually hapens.

But I'm using first version released probably so maybe this was fixed already how would I know cba to read whole thread osv.
Signatür ruined by SveinR - smaller plz :*
lompe
Kuski

Post by lompe »

Is there any fix for alt-tab problem in windows 10, or is the problem even acknowledged since no one seems have reported it here?
After go back to elma from windows it only shows such small window in the top left. Alt-tabbing seems to work in this older version ville_j gave me though, dunno how old version it is. https://www.dropbox.com/s/zylj9n7cs7tvp ... w.dll?dl=0
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

I've got the latest version I believe (dl'ed exactly 2 weeks ago) and Win10 - no problems with alt-tabbing. The in-game editor's fucked though :/
lompe
Kuski

Post by lompe »

maybe it's not directly a win10 problem then

pos it's a problem with nvidia graphics cards. both me and ville_j have nvidia graphics cards, so ville_j tried new dll in his other laptop which doesn't have nvidia graphics card and new dll worked fine.
coincidence? un? eeeee?
maybe someone else with nvidia graphics card (and window s10) can tell if have same problem
iCS
Kuski

Post by iCS »

Lammas wrote:Alt-tabbing seems to work in this older version ville_j gave me though, dunno how old version it is. https://www.dropbox.com/s/zylj9n7cs7tvp ... w.dll?dl=0
Diff style 8O I'm using the dll mentioned in main post (file size 12.800 byte, not 259.072 as in your link)
Win10, Nvidia, and alt-tab is working. Int editor doesn't.
Sla
36mins club

Post by Sla »

Tried dropbox link and it works now, Elma goes ridiculous fast. Editor works. Only problem is that when i alt tab to win, screen is weird (like if i changed to wrong resolution) but still can see everything. Lets see if its worth.
lompe
Kuski

Post by lompe »

wanderable
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

I have win10+nvidia. Alt-tab is fine, but internal editor nope.

What I noticed is that if I toggle "Default ground/sky" in eolconf then editor works fine when I first open eol, but only the first time - it goes back to crap in the next open :/ Can this be of help to figure out what's going on? Some texture refreshing or gak?
Ropelli
Kuski

Post by Ropelli »

Pawq wrote:Can this be of help to figure out what's going on?
Well, it's already known what's going on. The editor is drawn in parts, and the driver doesn't return the newest bitmap(which is pretty essential so the rendering in parts makes any sense) but instead(afaik) the one before the newest one. So when the next part of the editor is to be drawn, the background isn't the editor that elma draw before, but usually the main menu.

But if checking the default sky/ground makes the bug go away, I think the bug shouldn't happen also when the eol is started the first time after starting the pc. You could test if that works.
Hosp
38mins club
Team: MiE

Post by Hosp »

I also have that problem, John. I just restart elma a few times until editor works normally. Usually 2-3 tries sometimes 10+...
ToMaT
Lousku
Kuski
Team: BAP

Post by Lousku »

Maybe this should be included in EOL zips on EOL site and Jappe's site, especially now that many mans are trying to get it working on Win10.
then again i don't know anything
maybe easier not to think abouut alöl things thought than not things thought ... or something..=?
Sunshine
Kuski

Post by Sunshine »

i actually added it yesterday before your post even!
insane guy
Kuski

Post by insane guy »

skint0r wrote:btw here video showing editor mongoness, playing in 1080 res if matter: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-39669QkFE
Same, have to restart elma 1-3 times and then it works fine.

I had one of my two screens disconnected for a while and during that time it never happened. Now have both monitors connected again and the bug appeared first time I opened elma.
"Every night, me go to sleep, me have wet dream..."
bene
Hot kuski

Post by bene »

This stopped working for me last week.
I had updated graphics and Windows updates happening last week. Uninstalled all Windows updates and reverted graphics drivers still no luck.

Pls help i cant Elma anymore at all. Eol.exe hängs with ddraw before first screen even shows.
Bjenn
35mins club

Post by Bjenn »

My elma stopped working too after I updated AMD drivers, but I revert my driver every day so I can play elma, I don't know why it keeps going to the newest by itself..
Version 20.xx... is the new which doesn't work, and 19.xx... is working for me. I can check later exactly what the version numbers are.

EDIT: 2016-04-29 Driver version 16.150.2401.1002 is WORKING for me, not any newer.
Last edited by Bjenn on 16 Aug 2016, 16:32, edited 1 time in total.
bene
Hot kuski

Post by bene »

Thanks bjen I also have AMD maybe I didn't downgrade far enough or something I will try when I get home appreciate.
bene
Hot kuski

Post by bene »

Bjen i just downgraded and very last step has a checkbox. "Automatiska uppdateringar".
Bjenn
35mins club

Post by Bjenn »

bene wrote:Bjen i just downgraded and very last step has a checkbox. "Automatiska uppdateringar".
No shit sherlock, one have to untick that shit like three times during installation, fucking insane.
Piece of fucking CP10 shit ass AMD xD
And you can't turn off their messages either about "THERE IS A NEW UPDATE LOOK HERE YOU RETAD"
bene
Hot kuski

Post by bene »

geez im sorry for trying to help with the issue you described in your own post.
bene
Hot kuski

Post by bene »

Everything works again after updating to Windows 1607.
FinMan
36mins club

Post by FinMan »

Bjenn wrote: No shit sherlock
:|
Bjenn
35mins club

Post by Bjenn »

=(
Sorry for bad attitude bene, but for me that was a very obvious thing, thanks anyway.
Suddenly it stopped rolling forward, so now I have played elma for two days without having to roll back the driver.

Finman :beer:
Madness
35mins club

Post by Madness »

My editor started to work again. All I did was make a new folder in the folder where my Elma folder is and move it in there. Wtf?!
bene
Hot kuski

Post by bene »

Maybe you also changed graphics drivers.
Madness
35mins club

Post by Madness »

I mean I have two identical Elma folders now and editor works in one and doesn't work in the other one for some obscure reason.
kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

Are there any spaces or non-English characters in the first folder's name?
bene
Hot kuski

Post by bene »

I had similar wtfs before upgrade to Windows anniversary. The last few Windows updates really fucked things up. I had one folder where eol launched rest not. Folder I:\elma35 worked and I:\eol2 did not osv. No different between folders.
Madness
35mins club

Post by Madness »

Alright, so it's the name of the folder that makes a difference. I've now tried like 50 different names and there's no pattern - sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

For example:
"Elastomania" doesn't work
"elastomania" works
"Elma" works
"elma" doesn't work
"test" works
"dunno" doesn't work
"duno" works
"abc" doesn't work

edit: Actually the location makes a difference too. Now I've moved it to another folder and got different results. It's completely hit-and-miss.
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

4 char dir maybe?
edit: oh elastomania is not:)
[carebox]
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

Höly shit, some groundbreaking research here! Doesn't matter if there is a clear pattern as long as there's a way to make it work! Tbh the unworking editor was strongly discouraging me from making levs... I'll experiment a bit when I get home and post here if I get interesting results :)
Sunshine
Kuski

Post by Sunshine »

i get error "application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b)." when trying to start elma using ddraw, first it complained about some mcvs120.dll missing and i downloaded that and after got this error. tried google solutions and they suggested downloading million other dll and reinstalling frameworks but none of them worked, halp
ley
Kuski

Post by ley »

There is a DDRAW file which DXGL outputs in the Elma folder.

I have not seen all the options yet, and a new GUI with more options is forthcoming, but it might be something interesting to some of you guys

EDIT:
Vermin Supreme wrote:i get error "application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b)." when trying to start elma using ddraw, first it complained about some mcvs120.dll missing and i downloaded that and after got this error. tried google solutions and they suggested downloading million other dll and reinstalling frameworks but none of them worked, halp
Have you tried VCREDIST 2013 or something? (downloadable from Microsoft, and includes lots of DLLs). Much more efficient than a Google search.

btw, where are your other 800 posts? aren't you jappe2? I remember you somewhat insulting me with your 1000th post
hmm
you did irreversible damage
All bounces are equal, but some bounces are more equal than others.

i've just made head through poly; thought i'd share:
http://mopolauta.moposite.com/download/file.php?id=323 http://mopolauta.moposite.com/download/file.php?id=324
Sunshine
Kuski

Post by Sunshine »

i actually did try those but tried now again with "repair" option and it worked wow! or maybe it some some other redistributable but thanks anyway. my old post are in same place where barteks posts are
ley
Kuski

Post by ley »

Vermin Supreme wrote:i actually did try those but tried now again with "repair" option and it worked wow! or maybe it some some other redistributable but thanks anyway.
you're welcome
Vermin Supreme wrote:my old post are in same place where barteks posts are
good.

but i like your art and levels tho, so we're quits :)
All bounces are equal, but some bounces are more equal than others.

i've just made head through poly; thought i'd share:
http://mopolauta.moposite.com/download/file.php?id=323 http://mopolauta.moposite.com/download/file.php?id=324
sunl
Kuski

Post by sunl »

Lammas wrote:Is there any fix for alt-tab problem in windows 10, or is the problem even acknowledged since no one seems have reported it here?
After go back to elma from windows it only shows such small window in the top left. Alt-tabbing seems to work in this older version ville_j gave me though, dunno how old version it is. https://www.dropbox.com/s/zylj9n7cs7tvp ... w.dll?dl=0
Ditto just got Windows 10 today and this dll works perfect for me, while new dll causes editor glitch and alt-tab not working, and no dll causes elma crash.

Cheers
Sla
36mins club

Post by Sla »

Anyone else gets Elma resolutions when alt tabing to Win? E.g.: if you use 640x480 on Elma and 1024x768 on Win, when u alt-tab to win, you will see it on 640x480 (same if you use 800x600, etc). Would be great to fix it cuz its really fast with ddraw.
Thanks.
Orcc
Moporator
Team: IS

Post by Orcc »

Side question: why would you use some other than Windows' resolution in EOL?
NoobSty2-competition

"If you're afraid of pedophiles - grow up"
ville_j
Kuski
Team: IS

Post by ville_j »

Well I usually use lower resolution to get more fps.
< roopemies> horror and frustrating and can't play, sounds just like you
Beer battle winner 2014 and 2015
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

- beter fps
- used to 800x
- get coments in fem wow you so gooD even with shit skewed 4:3 on 16:9 monitor reso wtf dude?
Lousku
Kuski
Team: BAP

Post by Lousku »

Zweq wrote:- get coments in fem wow you so gooD even with shit skewed 4:3 on 16:9 monitor reso wtf dude?
I just refuse to believ that doesn't hev at leest a litel bit of a detrimental efekt.
then again i don't know anything
maybe easier not to think abouut alöl things thought than not things thought ... or something..=?
Sla
36mins club

Post by Sla »

Ye Orcc, cuz all replys above + i dont like high resos + my default reso is 800x600 + i use 640x480 on internals depending on what lev i play