recsource.tv

Advertise your levels, contests, sites etc.

Moderator: Moporators

ville_j
Kuski
Team: IS

Re: recsource.tv

Post by ville_j »

Lousku wrote:Now that theers many recs for some levs (internals and maby redesign stuff soon?), could hev sorting options for the recommended list. Fastest, newest, highest rated..? Dunno, or then just sort it by fastest, I guess that's the most interesting usually.
Yes I have thought about this myself too, I was planning default order to be rating but time could work too. User sortable is then of course a good addition.
Tigro wrote:Another thing is that when I write a comment on my own uploaded rec, it shows me a notification next to my name. One if clause should fix it.
I know... I'm just lazy. I try to keep my hands off from coding for the rest of the week so I might have some interest updating recsource during the weekend.
< roopemies> horror and frustrating and can't play, sounds just like you
Beer battle winner 2014 and 2015
FinMan
36mins club
Team: dat

Post by FinMan »

Offtopik but probably should clarify this out: the apples are not taken if you don't autoplay the level from the start until the point where your last save was. I guess it's just milas laziness to include hand movement and apple picks to the .dat files or someshit. mila-tooled recs can also have those hand movements if you autoplay the rec and save it after using the tool to produce the most awesome shit rec ever.

Also ontopik: IMO could be nice to have some kinda internal top10 list or someshit similar to the original int recsource, especially helping those who struggle to find the recs and styles for the ints and don't have anyone who just lays them all out for you.
Bismuth
Kuski
Team: <3

Post by Bismuth »

recsource is so amazing, I always found watching recs tedious in the past but this is now gone. :beer:
:mrhat:
Lee
37mins club

Post by Lee »

Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

i have to say i love this site now, it makes things so much easier. no more "WHERE DID YOU UP THAT REC?". awesome. thanks for making it.
question: what is this "auto-uploaded" tag? are all battle winning recs uploaded automatically to the site? doesn't seem like that.
suggestion: when you sort the recs by rating, it would be nice to have some kind of weighted rating from number of votes and the actual rating. a rec with a 5.0 rating from three votes should be behind a rec with fifteen votes and a 4.9 rating.
TT: 36:59:53 || Avg TT: 38:09:65
roope
37mins club
Team: MiE

Post by roope »

Lukazz wrote: question: what is this "auto-uploaded" tag? are all battle winning recs uploaded automatically to the site? doesn't seem like that.
Yes they actually are. The newest appears shortly after battle in the Battles tab.

I agree with teh suggestion, though I guess many have already said something along those lines o,o
Team MiE - MiE Cup 1
Prestigious member of 14.6x Tutor14 club
ville_j
Kuski

Post by ville_j »

Lukazz wrote:i have to say i love this site now, it makes things so much easier. no more "WHERE DID YOU UP THAT REC?". awesome. thanks for making it.
question: what is this "auto-uploaded" tag? are all battle winning recs uploaded automatically to the site? doesn't seem like that.
suggestion: when you sort the recs by rating, it would be nice to have some kind of weighted rating from number of votes and the actual rating. a rec with a 5.0 rating from three votes should be behind a rec with fifteen votes and a 4.9 rating.
Thanks! There is a script running that uploads all battle winning replays to the site, but occasionally it shuts off (maybe once per 2 weeks or so) and I don't always notice it very quickly so few recs can be missing. Also in #across irc channel there is a bot (palomies) maintained by veezay who auto-uploads replays pasted in #across to recsource and those get auto-upload tag too.

And yes, some kind of weighted relevance would be good probably. At the moment replay needs to have at least three votes to count in the top rated replays, and if two replays share the same rating the one who has more votes has higher ranking. I have thought about more weighted system some time before but it needs a working formula of course.

Another thing that just recently came up in eol chat was that many replays are save/loaded and people seem to tend to rate these replays higher than legit recs and not everyone likes that. I don't know yet if there could be some solution to this but if you have any ideas or opinion about that i'd like to hear it.
skint0r
39mins club

Post by skint0r »

Well I like the SL recs a lot personally, but maybe there could be some clearer distinction between them somehow besides just tags. Some kind of overlay over thumbnail or border or something, dunno.
Prestigious member of 14.6x Tutor14 club
sunl
Kuski

Post by sunl »

One solution would be to allow labels in searching such as "QWQUU001 -label:sl time<14.05" kind like old replay website I guess

But not sure if you were really asking for suggestions.
FinMan
36mins club

Post by FinMan »

Especially now when someone rated 100% of all battle recs since 2004 it would be nice to be able to filter out some stuff like battle recs, like for cases such as you wanting to see what someone wanted to be uploaded there, not auto-upped osv you know no offence to any battle winrecs oke? Another nice thing could be finished/unfinished recs shown only.

Imo sl recs shouldn't be shown in the top rated -tab thingy, but maybe have an sl rec category for that too. Of course they are fucking cool as recs, the rides are not physically possible within human lifetime etc but people tend to rate all of them 5 which fucks up the top rated thingy quite effectively. After all that top list is quite cool neat thing in the site and it gives a little more to the already awesome site.

</wtfrant>
Bjenn
35mins club
Team: EF

Post by Bjenn »

Yes, I miss searching for specific levels very much. for example "int05;" or some shit.
Now have to find an int05 rec and then look on the suggestions to the right to see the rest of all int05 recs.
FinMan
36mins club

Post by FinMan »

http://www.recsource.tv/search/?s=qwquu005

?

or wategak are you on about
Bjenn
35mins club

Post by Bjenn »

Oh thank you Finman, yes that was exactly what I meant!
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

is it possibel to stop auto-moving the camera after you drag the camera around the level manually? (and maybe add 'reset' button to again focus on kuski)

Also I would add a little gap between the rec video player and the green upper bar. Now it seems like I have the site scrolled a bit down over the recplayer.
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

Tigro wrote:is it possibel to stop auto-moving the camera after you drag the camera around the level manually? (and maybe add 'reset' button to again focus on kuski)
double click does that.
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

well, this is arguably one of the most legendary recs in elma history, so maybe it's intentional ;p
Labs
37mins club
Team: SPEED

Post by Labs »

Pls disable possibility to vote own recs.
Team SPEED

Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

also known as bjenn-voting.
Bjenn
35mins club

Post by Bjenn »

I don't know what you are talking about.
Please disable Labs and Lukazz, they are annoying.
Bludek
38mins club
Team: CART

Post by Bludek »

edit: lol, posted in wrong topic, sry.

so.....

I like recsource. Yes. That.
EOL top 10 kuski of 2014 and 2015.
21:03:48 <umiz> i like 99% of bludek levels
dawid
Kuski

Post by dawid »

add lev title under recplayer
kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

A random rec button would be max. When feel like watching something but don't know what.)
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

a "private" option would be much appreciated. with private i mean, that the videos shouldn't be visible in the list with all the other recs, and you can watch the rec only when you have the link (like private youtube videos). would be nice for secret style sharing with teammates.
Bjenn
35mins club

Post by Bjenn »

Lukazz wrote:a "private" option would be much appreciated. with private i mean, that the videos shouldn't be visible in the list with all the other recs, and you can watch the rec only when you have the link (like private youtube videos). would be nice for secret style sharing with teammates.
That has been on the whiteboard before I think, ville_j decided not to include it because it will not guarantee any security to the replays. hackers o,o
ville_j
Kuski

Post by ville_j »

I should start collecting these requests somewhere, all I am doing now is reading through them here and comment maybe a litel but nothing really happening on my end. So I'm sorry, I try to get something done some time but don't hold your breath. That private replay thing has indeed been requested earlier and I didn't like it that much, but then later I kinda accepted it but just never implemented it. But you never know when I get the enthusiasm back and start developing it further again.
Pab
38mins club

Post by Pab »

I use trello.com to collect requests, bugs and ideas for battle notifier and for random stuffs or projects too, even at work. You can easily prioritize, organize and label stuff. Found old screenshot :<
My Youtube Channel Level Stats Maker Battle Notifier!

Signatür ruined by SveinR - smaller plz :*
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

you can autoplay the rec and then it gets fixed
i don't rememebr what was actually the problem - some pointer didnt change back or what and i couldnt figure out where and then i stopped caring, because autoplay worked just fine
[carebox]
ville_j
Kuski

Post by ville_j »

Okkaay...

I actually use trello at work too, could pos start using it in own projects too.
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

milagros wrote:you can autoplay the rec and then it gets fixed
i don't rememebr what was actually the problem - some pointer didnt change back or what and i couldnt figure out where and then i stopped caring, because autoplay worked just fine
i suppose this was meant to be posted in the 32tt-project thread.
ville_j
Kuski

Post by ville_j »

I have updated recsource a little. Max has done some improvements on the player: you can now toggle grass/pictures/default ground and sky with the keys g/p/G. I don't actually fully understand how the keys are supposed to work but maybe someone will. Also, I updated the battle replay script and all the battle replays are now auto-uploaded from the eol site again.
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

much appreciated, gaa site!
insane guy
Kuski

Post by insane guy »

skint0r wrote:Well I like the SL recs a lot personally, but maybe there could be some clearer distinction between them somehow besides just tags. Some kind of overlay over thumbnail or border or something, dunno.
I agree, always have to look for that tiny "sl" tag..
"Every night, me go to sleep, me have wet dream..."
iltsu
37mins club

Post by iltsu »

Lukazz wrote:much appreciated, gaa site!
Agree
ville_j
Kuski

Post by ville_j »

A minor update again: battle recs now have a link to eol battle page as well (in the description). Also, it is possible to link to battle recs in recsource with battle id (for example http://www.recsource.tv/battle/96252, only possible for future battles), so Kopaka is now able to link to recsource from eol page. There is a good chance I will be doing some more coding during the weekend or at least gather the requests from this topic so that I can keep up with all the stuff people have requested.
dawid
Kuski

Post by dawid »

Add "my comments" button.
Xiphias
39mins club

Post by Xiphias »

Just a suggestion:

Redirect to the last page requested after log in.

As it is now when you log in it redirects you to the front page.
Thorze wrote:I just wanted to make a cool topic like Juish have cool topics..
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

ville_j wrote:Also, it is possible to link to battle recs in recsource with battle id (for example http://www.recsource.tv/battle/96252, only possible for future battles), so Kopaka is now able to link to recsource from eol page.
Did that. Ie. http://elmaonline.net/battles/96252
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

Awesome!
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

This is actually mega helpful. Thank you, mans! :D
Xiphias
39mins club

Post by Xiphias »

Another suggestion:

Comments placed before related reclays on mobile devices. Or is that a bad idea? As it is now u have to scroll all the way past related reclays before u can see them comments. But on the other hand this could probably be just as annoying for people who dont care about comments and only want to see related reclays.
Thorze wrote:I just wanted to make a cool topic like Juish have cool topics..
ville_j
Kuski

Post by ville_j »

Xiphias wrote:Another suggestion:

Comments placed before related reclays on mobile devices. Or is that a bad idea? As it is now u have to scroll all the way past related reclays before u can see them comments. But on the other hand this could probably be just as annoying for people who dont care about comments and only want to see related reclays.
You can click on the recommendations header to toggle the recommendations
kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

Isn't the search kinda slow? Google has gazillion bazillion more pages to search through but it gives results quicker than recsource.
ville_j
Kuski

Post by ville_j »

It is slow, but comparing it to Google is a bit out of line. I should remind you it is running on a low-end vps that costs around 1€ per month.
Bjenn
35mins club

Post by Bjenn »

Stop the autouploading of battle replays and maybe it will not get any worse than it already is.

I waste time at work watching and rating battle recs.. :roll:
kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

Sorry, I agree comparing to Google was not fair.
ville_j
Kuski

Post by ville_j »

Well I already have a better server where I could move it to see how much it helps, it just requires a little work. Maybe I start thinking about it now that the topic has been brought up.
Bjenn
35mins club

Post by Bjenn »

What do you think about adding 4.7 rated replays to the Top rated page?
ville_j
Kuski

Post by ville_j »

Well currently it only shows 50 top rated recs, it used to show replays above some rating but the list easily comes very long and slower to load. Maybe I should add a More-button to that section as well.
Madness
35mins club

Post by Madness »

Two suggestions to make this perfect:

1) Use this lgr so that there's no line in the sky.
2) Add Elma sounds.