recsource.tv

Advertise your levels, contests, sites etc.

Moderator: Moporators

kuchitsu
Kuski

Re: recsource.tv

Post by kuchitsu »

Need to contact Max ASAP, he was like coauthor of the site, right?
ile
Kuski

Post by ile »

im so new here so max confused on whats going on. idk why i even made this comment though :?
AndrY
38mins club
Team: .lev

Post by AndrY »

rip yale?
rip rc?
:(
My levs and other Elma things: sites.google.com/view/elma-andry + youtube
BlaZtek
Kuski
Team: CMR

Post by BlaZtek »

Sad that you will leave us and feel the way you do, Ville_J.
I always appriciated your levels i EOL and recsource was simply brilliant. Love you, and wish you the best.
[13:22:24] (ImagebEAT) blaz super pro
[17:06:15] (ImageRamone) ok I suckj. blaz rules
umiz
Kuski

Post by umiz »

Noooooo!
I visit recsource like 10 times a day. Best thing in elma-community ever.
As a busy parent it was perfect to start a battle and leave and after go to recsource and watch.

Ville_J always been a great guy with amazingly creativity. I hope you come back :)

Isnt it psy to do like a kickstarter project or smth for this so we can pay Ville_j? :)
[i cruise, i lev, i live]
Hosp
38mins club
Team: MiE

Post by Hosp »

don't forget this option Ville_J also made us: http://elmaonline.net/simplerecplayer/index.php
watch replay online with simplerecplayer, the across of recsource
ToMaT
AndrY
38mins club

Post by AndrY »

recsourse))) :D
BlaZtek
Kuski

Post by BlaZtek »

Oh my... Ville_J, did u fix this? Big Love! My name is Blaztek, and I am a recsourse addict. :beer:
Last edited by BlaZtek on 27 Dec 2017, 13:18, edited 1 time in total.
Schumi
39mins club

Post by Schumi »

recsource feels like now as being the 2nd most epic thing in elma universe (after elma)
Elasto Mania - 34:22.20 | #416 - 12. April 2021
Ancient Internals
Thunder
39mins club

Post by Thunder »

Thank you Vile_J. A whole christmas without recs was terrible :)
TT: 39:59:70

6 World class 17 Professionals 30Good 0 Ok
John
first 35tt
Team: WNO

Post by John »

I can relate to what Ville_J is saying, the scene is not what it used to be. It's sad you feel like leaving it though and I just want to show my appreciation for all you have done for the scene, recsource in particular. I often visit recsource on my phone when having some spare time at work. Best of luck if you don't come back.
kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

Hosp, please stop being annoying unfunny comment spammer on recsource.
iltsu
37mins club
Team: EF

Post by iltsu »

kuchitsu wrote:Hosp, please stop being annoying unfunny comment spammer on recsource.
+1
Hosp
38mins club

Post by Hosp »

maybe
ToMaT
Lousku
Kuski
Team: BAP

Post by Lousku »

Kuchi stop being boring negative bango about every random thing.
then again i don't know anything
maybe easier not to think abouut alöl things thought than not things thought ... or something..=?
abruzzi
Kuski

Post by abruzzi »

lol like 1st tiem i see lousk that mean
<Pawq> at a gym you have only 3 options: 1. have your eyes closed, 2. stare at yourself, 3. stare at others, all of which are either super boring or disgusting
BlaZtek
Kuski

Post by BlaZtek »

Is someone sabotaging recsource? (if so, fuck you, asshole) The site had some errors the last days. I suppose VilleJ fixed it some days ago (god bless him for that) but now the same error is back. No balle rekks or uploads. Only toprated rekks available.

Recsource is lifeimportante to work. 8O
VilleJ <3
Bjenn
35mins club

Post by Bjenn »

Ville_j <3
Hosp
38mins club

Post by Hosp »

ToMaT
BlaZtek
Kuski

Post by BlaZtek »

Thanks alot! :*
BlaZtek
Kuski

Post by BlaZtek »

Hi VilleJ. What is happening with your site? Is someone sabotaging it? Same thing happens over and over again. Makes me sad. =(
Xiphias
39mins club

Post by Xiphias »

Someone (markku i think?) mentioned a while back that the storage was full. It could be that.
Thorze wrote:I just wanted to make a cool topic like Juish have cool topics..
BlaZtek
Kuski

Post by BlaZtek »

Hmm, if so, where can we donate for bigger storage? =D
ile
Kuski

Post by ile »

Xiphias wrote: 21 Feb 2018, 19:10 Someone (markku i think?) mentioned a while back that the storage was full. It could be that.
hmm i wonder just how many recs there are in recsource since recs don't rly take much space
pawq
38mins club
Team: TR

Post by pawq »

Too many 25-minute pipe recs from adi 😁
Bjenn
35mins club

Post by Bjenn »

Delete TGR and Xira recs and 50% gone :D
umiz
Kuski

Post by umiz »

Ville_J i miss recsource autoupload battlerecs.
You are the best!
Without recsource my life is meaningless!

Should the community donate for storage? No problem for me! I'm willing to help!
[i cruise, i lev, i live]
iltsu
37mins club

Post by iltsu »

I can donate too
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

I was thinking the same! Wanted to post on IRC but didn't get to it.

I'd happily donate $ for more storage if that might keep rs running. I think it's absence is already hurting the community. It would be a shame to just let it die after all the effort you've put in vj!

Would be interesting to hear what you're up to with the rec player as well =)
Chris
Kuski
Team: Ferrari

Post by Chris »

pawq wrote: 7 Mar 2018, 13:34 I was thinking the same! Wanted to post on IRC but didn't get to it.

I'd happily donate $ for more storage if that might keep rs running. I think it's absence is already hurting the community. It would be a shame to just let it die after all the effort you've put in vj!

Would be interesting to hear what you're up to with the rec player as well =)
We are better off relying on someone else. He promised to not work on it anymore and it seems he really meant that.
Lousku wrote:could you mayke shorter sig please :( mega annoying and also against rules :()
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

The long and the short of it is, there's no easy fix. The hard fix no one is gonna bother with because it's been the plan for a while to integrate it into eol site instead. That's going to happen. But also there's this http://janka.la:5000/#/ for battle replays.

What could be useful untill then is some input on how people use recsource and what features they may be missing. Do you mostly look up recent battles, do you only click links given by others, use the link from eol battle page, browse for random replays, browse for specific levels. etc?
bene
Hot kuski
Team: dat

Post by bene »

Kopaka wrote: 7 Mar 2018, 15:50 What could be useful untill then is some input on how people use recsource and what features they may be missing. Do you mostly look up recent battles, do you only click links given by others, use the link from eol battle page, browse for random replays, browse for specific levels. etc?
* I often watch recent recs when I have a few moments over here and there on my phone.
* I do click links by others but not only.
* Very rarely browse recent recs on Desktop
* Never use links from eol battle page for anything
* I do browse for specific levels through searching. It would be great if there was some way to find all recs in level or a table of fastest rec per level. It might require some community effort to categorize bugrecs osv as such osv but it would be great.

Other great things that don't exist today might include:
* More filtering options rather than just "higest rated", example: most viewed, top today, top for date interval and other options commonly found on similar sites
* Rating battle recs on recsource when rated in eol chat
Signatür ruined by SveinR - smaller plz :*
culinko
38mins club

Post by culinko »

The one feature I miss is to not autoplay rec if you open the tab in the background (I can settle with a setting). Sometimes I open like 5 recs in 5 tabs at once and want to watch them one by one but when I move on to next one it's already in progress :roll:
pawq
38mins club

Post by pawq »

<awsj> it's not possible to upgrade disk space on recsource, it would need a new install on new environment
<awsj> and for some reason the disk usage was going up at the rate of 10MB per day so it's not sustainable
<awsj> and last, there is no amount of money anyone could donate me so that i would ever care about things in here
<teh_mila> that's terrible
<teh_mila> i return to the cry stage
<awsj> me too
<teh_mila> awsj - hint - delete all recs and it will fill in 3 years, 5 mins and problem sovled \o/
<teh_mila> oh that belongs to the "care about things"
<awsj> well i did bother deleting some things but now i've ran out of easy choices what to delete and as the disk usage was increasing like that there is no point in doing that
<awsj> and for battle recs people can use that eol demo page i made so just share that to people that'll make them happy for a while until the real new eol site is online
As for usage:
- I quite often checked out recent recs on the main site
- also obviously click all links that people post on lauta/discord (here cool rec)
- also very often happens that in eol someone goes "up rec" and then 3sec later can go to rs and watch rec. That's what I miss the most now :(

As for features:
- I very agree about having more filtering options (most viewed is a must, also filtering by period would be coal)
- the search function should be improved too, it is/was almost unusuable here...
- mega agree on !rec xx updating teh recsauce rating
Hosp
38mins club

Post by Hosp »

Agree with clunkko, I use recsource everyday, i would say open site maybe 30 times per day, recently not tho
I watch first all things on frontpage since last visit, then check if any potentialy cool balle recs, then exit site, then come back, osv repeat until dead
ToMaT
kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

The part that needs the most improvement is suggestions imo. Currently it's usually the same stuff I've seen in suggestions hundreds of times, at least when watching battle replays. If it only recommended stuff I haven't seen already it would be impossible to leave the site. :)
BlaZtek
Kuski

Post by BlaZtek »

I miss you rekksausage! What to do with my afterballe rekks when can't show them to the ppl. =(
EOL is not complete without this site. </3
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

I don't care if recsource goes. But it saddens me that VJ went.
Abula
Moposite admin
Team: FM

Post by Abula »

I don't know details of this discussion (or the "message") and I just read this topic now when making the "Fancy replays" chapter in my article. A few comments:

1) While doing the article I've seen many great things Ville_J has done (Recsource, WCup 6 & 7 etc, even found a online level editor) and I sincerely appreciate all that. Because I haven't really been aware of this I haven't probably shown any "special respect" for you in FEMs etc. For me you were "just" the MopoCorner guy (and dame BB master) but so much have happened during 2007-2017 when I was away. It's also that some people promotes more their work so it's better known (well, at least in places that I read). It's very difficult to show "correct amount of respect" to everybody because so much have happened during 20 years. I'm sure some people don't like the article because I didn't emphasis their part but it's impossible to know everything. And we all are biased. Most people are just quiet when it's time to give respect because it's the easist way.

2) The community consist of people who create fun for others and then many people who pretty much only enjoy the fun. And it feels very unfair when the consumers are negative towards you: is that what you have derserved? People are not perfect. They are lazy and don't understand. They take everything granted that they already have and are only interested in to get more (for free of course). But as you mentioned, in the end the creators have learnt things that will benefit them. If you only played... go figure. But players are important too, of course. No one playing, no one here.

3) It's certainly good idea to take some time off from the community and make comeback when time is good again :). But please keep the data safe! Or even skicka a copy. Elma is a big fantastic collaborative art project and we can keep it alive at least as long as we are alive.
40:02,71 (151.) | WCup4: 8. | 3x WR | 3x GAA | 11x FEM | KOM | The History of Elasto Mania (1995-2018)
Maxdamantus
Kuski

Post by Maxdamantus »

I made this bookmarklet a long time ago (before EOL linked to recsource), in case it helps:

Code: Select all

javascript:[].forEach.call(document.getElementsByTagName("a"),function(e){var a=String(e.href).split("http://elmaonline.net/downloads/recplayer/");if(a.length==2){a=a[1].split("/");console.log(a);var s=document.body.appendChild(document.createElement("script"));var p="http://maxdamantus.github.io/recplay/";s.src=p+"amd.js";s.onload=function(){require([p+"controller"],function(c){while(document.body.firstChild)document.body.removeChild(document.body.firstChild);c("/downloads/lev/"+a[1],p+"images",document.body,document)(function(d){d.resize(1024,768);d.loadReplay("/downloads/brec/"+a[0]);});});};}});
If you save that as a bookmark, you can open it while on a battle results page on elmaonline.net to view the replay.

The code above has d.resize(1024,768) which can be changed if you want a different size.
iCS
Kuski

Post by iCS »

Maxdamantus wrote: 11 May 2018, 13:56 I made this bookmarklet a long time ago (before EOL linked to recsource), in case it helps:
It helps, thanks!

Wondered a while how to bookmark, but finally remembered the simple solution: select all, then drag and drop into the bookmark area :lol:
AndrY
38mins club

Post by AndrY »

FUCKING SHIT

rs isn't working now it seems:/
Are all recs saved? is it poss to get them now?
ile
Kuski

Post by ile »

AndrY wrote: 22 Dec 2018, 11:02 rs isn't working now it seems:/