Elma Ghost Mod - updated 10.01.2016

Advertise your levels, contests, sites etc.

Moderator: Moporators

dawid
Kuski

Elma Ghost Mod - updated 10.01.2016

Post by dawid »

I am working on an Elma Ghost Mod which adds the ghost mode :D
It is very early version. It captures the position from the 1st player (from rec as it is in 1st video, and from norm playing as it is in 2nd video) and writes the captured positions to the 2nd player in norm playing. As u can see it captures only the positions, not the rotations and turns :D.
I am gonna to improve this mod to work with norm .rec files (no need to capture first). If someone knows the offsets of the bike's, wheels's, head's rotations and turn's state it would be cool (live capture like in 2nd video needs these, reading from .rec don't).
I will try to disable apple collecting by ghost (it should be ez to do). The last thing to do is a simple lgr modification - change 2nd bike to black or transparent).
THX to Cold for his elma disassembling.

update 10.01.2016
Read from .rec file in 3rd video. As u can see wheels don't rotate cuz I don't know their variable offsets in RAM. There are few other problems. I'm gonna public the code soon.

VIDEOS!
1. https://youtu.be/Shfk2cv6dKY
2. https://youtu.be/AGu_I4SuddM (lev was exited by ESC)
3. https://youtu.be/4rwVjl-2X18
Last edited by dawid on 10 Jan 2016, 23:02, edited 2 times in total.
iltsu
37mins club
Team: EF

Re: Elma Ghost Mod

Post by iltsu »

Release this in 2016 and you will get GAA.
Cold
Kuski

Post by Cold »

iltsu wrote:Release this in 2016 and you will get GAA.
Nope, I'm working on something bigger :)

Any plans on making this open source David? I had an idea of doing a project like this but I guess you beat me to it.
I'll try to figure out how to draw a second (or more) bike instead of using player 2, too bad elma online isn't open sourced or documented.

I feel like this will be a good program for noobs to start doing WR styles.

Also, I think jonsykkel's site has all the information on .rec files, I forgot the site name tho.
Canada
Lousku
Kuski
Team: BAP

Post by Lousku »

Cold wrote:Also, I think jonsykkel's site has all the information on .rec files, I forgot the site name tho.
http://zzz.ink/elma/formats/rec.txt
then again i don't know anything
maybe easier not to think abouut alöl things thought than not things thought ... or something..=?
sunl
Kuski

Post by sunl »

?
http://zzz.ink/cofe/

Coffee tracker???
dawid
Kuski

Post by dawid »

Lousku wrote:
Cold wrote:Also, I think jonsykkel's site has all the information on .rec files, I forgot the site name tho.
http://zzz.ink/elma/formats/rec.txt
THX I didn't know this. Was trying to understand code from here https://github.com/sigvef/elma/blob/mas ... packing.py but dunno python :D
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

sunl wrote:?
http://zzz.ink/cofe/

Coffee tracker???
!bear stats are more interesting. Orka link.
dawid
Kuski

Re: Elma Ghost Mod - updated 10.01.2016

Post by dawid »

Updated 1st post. 3rd video added.
Orcc
Moporator
Team: IS

Post by Orcc »

I think this will make a great tool for practising and testing. You know the feeling when you have two different starts in battle and have to find out which one is faster?
NoobSty2-competition

"If you're afraid of pedophiles - grow up"
sunl
Kuski

Post by sunl »

Maybe skip bike-object collision detecting for ghost bike?

Incredible work! :)
Sla
36mins club
Team: SpEF

Post by Sla »

Very interesting stuff. Hope you can release it and a lot of players including me will use this for comparing/testing styles.
Polarix
Kuski
Team: TR

Post by Polarix »

This will improve the overall times in battles.
kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

Sorry, I don't know a better place to ask this. Dawid, can you make a modification of eol.exe that would enforce one wheel mode, drunk mode, etc? Some modes are a lot of fun but unfortunately you can only experience them properly during these rare special battles.
dawid
Kuski

Post by dawid »

What funtions u wanna have: one wheel, drunk. Anything else? I can try to make it.
I will try to finnish ghost mod too, but it require some testing and im fucking lazy ;) very few things left to do although.
kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

I would like:

- one wheel
- drunk
- always throttle (I know I can just hold the button but it's not very comfortable to play like that)

- maybe no turn\throttle\volt\brake would be nice to have too, just to be 100% sure that you don't press them by mistake. but it's not a high priority thing obviously.

I guess that's it. Thanks!)
dawid
Kuski

Post by dawid »

Here: first version http://kopasite.net/up/0/EOLBattleModes.zip
It has only drunk mode. Control by arrows. Avolt key is necessery for left+right volt keys to work. Not every keys work, use letter keys instead of CTRL etc.
In this version left and right arrows are used as a bias.
Ur EOL settings should be like:
Left volt: J
Right volt: L
Throttle: Up arrow
Brake: Down arrow

Program just sends J key when u press left arrow. U can edit the volt keys (should be the same in EOL as in program), but u have to use arrows keys to play drunk.
kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

Cool, thanks! Can I load it without the fear of getting banned or should I disable my internet connection before opening?
dawid
Kuski

Post by dawid »

kuchitsu wrote:Cool, thanks! Can I load it without the fear of getting banned or should I disable my internet connection before opening?
It doesn't change elma physics so u can use it online. Probably admins can't check if u use it.
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

Best just to tick the play offline box if you are using any kind of modification for eol. If you get tagged for using an edited game file we can't see what is edited, this or something else harmful.
dawid
Kuski

Post by dawid »

Kopaka wrote:Best just to tick the play offline box if you are using any kind of modification for eol. If you get tagged for using an edited game file we can't see what is edited, this or something else harmful.
My program doesn't change eol.exe or any file. It just reads number of collected appels from eol process and sends volt/avolt keys. It is as controversial as avolt key from eolconf.
Sla
36mins club
Team: SpEF

Post by Sla »

Any new with this? If done properly it would be very useful/nice to try.
dawid
Kuski

Post by dawid »

Sla wrote:Any new with this? If done properly it would be very useful/nice to try.
yea, i have improved it a lot and even made transparent elma with ghost mod (no background so u can e.g. watch movie while playing). But it still requires my program to be running + elma so imo it is a little uncomfortable. To be clear:
-I have improved Elma Ghost Mod and didn't published the newest version. It's because I thought that I will finish it to the stable version soon. Mod is almost ready but i have stopped developing it because of few things. Mod overwrites 2nd kuski position so it is an interference in eol physics so it could be easly used for cheating. And the second thing is my laziness :)

As far as I remember eol doesn't save online times in multiplayer mode so my mod couldn't be used to cheat online times. But it is created using dotnet so ez to decompile and use for cheating.

I have tested my mod and it really helps hoyling. But i think it is better to wait for ghost mode in elma 2.
I can finish this mod but will it be legit? Isn't it a cheating?

transparent elma is a different program which doesn't interference eol (except READING kuski possition from RAM process, only reading, not overwriting). But this program is also unfinished. ofc it is possible to play with one color background, transparency is an option.

So pls the most important kuskies of elma scene debate if these mods (or at least one) are legit. I will finnish and publish mod that will be accepted as a legit one.

Oh I forgot to say that transparent elma (named by me as temla) was originally created just for transparent background, but as I was developing it, I added few additional features. Some of these features are not legit to use online (e.g. mouse controlled kuski rotation 1, 2, 3) so if telma will be accepted then I will remove unlegit features.
IMO ghost mod can be accepted to use online because it only overwrites 2nd kuski's position and in multy times are not saved to eol database. The problem is only that i am lazy and nab so i created it in dotnet.

Let the debate begin! (here or in another topic, maybe some new special topic about ghost kuski)
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

Multi times are actually saved, even local multiplayer. To specific multi table of course.

When it uses 2nd kuski, does that also mean if the ghost is ahead of you it will take the apples before and such?
dawid
Kuski

Post by dawid »

Kopaka wrote:When it uses 2nd kuski, does that also mean if the ghost is ahead of you it will take the apples before and such?
nope, i "kill" 2nd kuski when enter the lev :) I mean i set his alive variable to a dead state. Hi is dead the same as norm dead in multy + no flag. So his time should be 0:00.