World Battle Cup II STARTS TONIGHT 20 GMT+2!!!

Advertise your levels, contests, sites etc.

Moderator: Moporators

Lousku
Kuski
Team: BAP

Re: World Battle Cup II STARTS TONIGHT 20 GMT+2!!!

Post by Lousku »

roope wrote:
SveinR wrote:
roope wrote:The goal is not to make every event seem like the average EOL battle (15 minutes, shown times, norm shitty lev), like it seems some think it should be..
It's perfectly possible to have great levels that work with 15 minutes battle time and shown times...
I never said it isn't. Just for me these arguments "in norm EOL battle it isn't normal to have a 60 minute battle time", "in norm EOL battle it isn't normal to have hidden times" could be continued with "in norm EOL battle it isn't normal to have a very good lev" o,o
My point is that this cup should measure your battling skill, and in that sense, quality of the lev is irrelevant... unless quality just means complexity or something, but it doesn't (at least these events haven't been that complex). It's some arbitrary enjoyability thing, and imo an unusually enjoyable lev doesn't make the battle require a different skillset. That's the difference.
SveinR wrote:Anyway, this is what it is and it probably shouldn't be changed now.
Maybe not for this cup. Just sucks that it wasn't mentioned anywhere beforehand.
then again i don't know anything
maybe easier not to think abouut alöl things thought than not things thought ... or something..=?
Thundr-
37mins club

Post by Thundr- »

Its a force of habit for people to write shitlev. Because they always had the freedom to do so. There are no rules against it.

But no matter the reasoning and explanations people had for dropping those comments, and the retractions that later came online and here in this thread. The consequence of all this pushed nin away and he states that he maybe wont come back after this anymore. Just a huge negative experience for him. This is way more sad than anything else and all because mans have preferences they cant look beyond for a single moment. A single competition. Would be a shame to lose such a great contributor and organizer due to some pathetic comments. Especially after we had this exact discussion in the 'current EOL situation' thread and about trying to stay positive. I guess not many people read that, forgot it, or can't learn new things.

When something like this happens it doesn't matter if the comment was justified or not, the end result could very well have cancelled the entire cup. Then we can all go back to playing the regular battles we play every day again, as evidentially some people think thats more interesting.
roope
37mins club
Team: MiE

Post by roope »

Lousku wrote:
roope wrote:
SveinR wrote:
roope wrote:The goal is not to make every event seem like the average EOL battle (15 minutes, shown times, norm shitty lev), like it seems some think it should be..
It's perfectly possible to have great levels that work with 15 minutes battle time and shown times...
I never said it isn't. Just for me these arguments "in norm EOL battle it isn't normal to have a 60 minute battle time", "in norm EOL battle it isn't normal to have hidden times" could be continued with "in norm EOL battle it isn't normal to have a very good lev" o,o
My point is that this cup should measure your battling skill, and in that sense, quality of the lev is irrelevant... unless quality just means complexity or something, but it doesn't (at least these events haven't been that complex). It's some arbitrary enjoyability thing, and imo an unusually enjoyable lev doesn't make the battle require a different skillset. That's the difference.
IMO mans got a bit stuck with the "norm shitty lev", it was just a throw-in with the rest of qualities of my idea of a norm average EOL battle.
I also welcome all kinds of battles, and I've been a big advocate of non-cuplike levs in WBC; I would also like to see some of the "shitty" kind of levs in the WBC. Last WBC's most praised lev was also the most norm-EOL-battle-like, it just was a 60 minute battle (IIRC). Variety is good. The only parameter I'm not on very keen on changing drastically is the battle time. For that I wrote loads of reasons but deleted them all, because it all just comes down to personal preference (like with all the other stuff too I guess, heh).
Team MiE - MiE Cup 1
Prestigious member of 14.6x Tutor14 club
Madness
35mins club

Post by Madness »

roope wrote:Maybe these are more of a mixture of battles and cups. Cup rules (point standings, hidden times, etc.) in a battle environment. The goal is not to make every event seem like the average EOL battle (15 minutes, shown times, norm shitty lev), like it seems some think it should be. Also, in the end the organizer decides the rules, and especially as these were the rules last time too, it shouldn't be expected to be changed. I really enjoy these settings,
I completely agree with roope.

After all, this is a BATTLE CUP, so it makes sense for it to be something between a regular battle and a cup event.

I personally usually find hidden times battles boring too, just like ville_j, especially because you don't even know if anyone else is playing, whether it's worth trying pro hard styles or settle with a safe one etc. BUT this is different. You know there will be a lot of players, everyone trying their best to win and you have plenty of time to use the best styles you can find and then there's the anticipation, the excitement, the tension when you're waiting for the results in the last minute wondering whether your hoyled-to-teh-max time will win or not (unlike in regular battles where you often end up angry and annoyed as you didn't even manage to finish your style or get a decent run so you can't learn or benefit from watching the winning rec at all and it feels like wasted time). This is what makes it interesting for me and the reason why I enjoy it so much. Please, don't change anything.
Sunshine
Kuski

Post by Sunshine »

hidden times is very bad imo but if there was a mode where you can hide times but see standing i think it would be the standard used in battles. that way you can see if you need try harder and get motivation when you see you arent the 1st but mostly you cant notice that you have wrong style when someone made impsy time with your current style. ofc there would be some edge cases like you made a near perfect run and you are 10th in standing it would be obvious you have wrong style but this would almost never happen. im not big fan of battles but when hidden times is used in battle my chances of trying or even playing go down significantly. for cup such as this i think the lesser of two evils is just to show times especially if rest of the levels are less complex than 1st event or not many multistyle faks.

btw i made ff level for this cup, i dont know if it will be used but if it is i hope it is others shown and results shown! that is the traditional ff format anyway and others hidden in ff battle is the worst shit
Bjenn
35mins club
Team: EF

Post by Bjenn »

I played the 2nd event for ~20mins and I was dissappointed that it had hidden times. This takes away the whole "battle" feeling.
I enjoyed the level however, much fun! Too bad I couldn't play full time, and that I couldn't play 1st event.
Keep up the good work niN!
adi
36mins club

Post by adi »

Bjenn wrote:I played the 2nd event for ~20mins and I was disappointed that it had hidden times. This takes away the whole "battle" feeling.
I enjoyed the level however, much fun! Too bad I couldn't play full time, and that I couldn't play 1st event.
Keep up the good work niN!
+ 40 min in sl, GG.

For me levels have been & probably will be fine. It's quite easy to enjoy any level, since we have proper battle time (60 minutes)...ofc I'll get annoyed in almost every event because of not getting satisfying time but same happens in normal cups also. Organizers decided to put hidden times, so that's it.

What I'm a bit worried is the fact that there is basically no skips. I've been lazy to follow this topic or IRC so I don't know if there was any discussion about it but I would've suggested 1-2 skip(s). I don't see a problem with bonus event but at least for me it's very different to having 1 skip, because it isn't very realistic to participate in bonus event - should get even more fucked up sleeping rhythm. Anyway rules are rules and they probably shouldn't be changed at this point?
Team MiE
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

adi wrote:What I'm a bit worried is the fact that there is basically no skips. I've been lazy to follow this topic or IRC so I don't know if there was any discussion about it but I would've suggested 1-2 skip(s). I don't see a problem with bonus event but at least for me it's very different to having 1 skip, because it isn't very realistic to participate in bonus event - should get even more fucked up sleeping rhythm.
Damn, hadn't noticed bonus event is held at such an ungodly time :D
Was it cast for the mass who burn and toil?
Or for the vultures who thirst for blood and oil?
Rules | FAQ
kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

Yeah, the bonus event thing is a bit weird. Caring about USA\Canada\etc people is very nice, but... One event won't really change that much I think? So I'm not sure if these people will benefit from it that much. On the other hand, it sure would help the european people a lot if it was at a "normal" time. I don't know, it's a tricky situation of course.
insane guy
Kuski

Post by insane guy »

I think having an event at early morning time for Europeans is pretty cool. Elma needs dedication and WBC needs a lot of dedication if you want to get a high ranking in overall results. It is about setting priorities:
Have to study? Fuck that.
Have to work? Fuck that.
Have to sleep? Fuck that
Have a family? You're fucked.

So if you have to skip one normal event because of whatever you still get the chance to score high in the bonus event.
Compare it to Football World Cup: You know all the dates where "your" team plays in advance (same with WBC) and you manage to cancel all other shit in order to watch those matches. People even get up early at super sick hours whenever there is football world cup in Bangladesh or so. Why shouldn't it be the same with elma?

PS: I dont care about much football, this is just my observation. I would never get up at 5am to watch football, but to play WBC? Why not?
"Every night, me go to sleep, me have wet dream..."
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

Sure, I don't mind one event at that time. But it sure would be easier to participate on it if it was, say, Sunday morning instead of Monday morning :)
Rules | FAQ
niN
Kuski
Team: HoHo

Post by niN »

I understand a lot of things said in this thread and I appreciate that there's a sign of understanding in most people. It's two way communication without the advantage of reading the body which makes it perfect for misunderstandings. Think of it like this: I had put some effort into making a cup in a time where I have little free time and I was hoping people would show more appreciation than what I felt. I see my own errors too, yes, I'm far from an angel.

I hope you guys will have fun playing the remaining 9 events. As far as the rules goes, this should have been discussed earlier when you had the chance to express your opinions. I specifically mentioned the bonus event when the cup was in the discussion phase but nobody commented on it. I received a "sounds cool" from someone and that's about it. If you wanted shown times you should have said it earlier, although I'm not sure that would've made a difference since the scene seems to have 50/50 mixed feelings about this. Please don't discuss the rules here anymore. It's too late now.
Madness wrote:I've never noticed any negativity on EOL, but maybe it's because I don't take things seriously and I don't assume that other people are serious and mean. I am sorry if anyone thinks I am negative and takes my random comments seriously, but that's the way I am. I always do it and I never think much about what I say. Like when I start my day at work and meet my co-workers I often say something stupid like "wow you look like shit today", "get out of my way (instead of hi)", "allah doesn't exist" etc. but they know it's not serious, we are all friends and we're just having a laugh. I thought it was the same way in EOL as we are a small community and we mostly know each other a bit, but obviously things can be misinterpreted if you can't see other people's expression or hear their tone of voice or if you don't know their personality/intentions or simply if you don't feel like fooling around. I am writing this because I just read niN's post in another topic and it made me feel pretty shitty to see that my random stupid comments caused him to feel bad. I was just mad because I couldn't solve the level at some point of time and randomly shouted "this is shite!" in the chat. It wasn't meant to be serious or even an actual critique of the level. There was no real intention behind it. I never thought anyone would take it literally as it clearly was a great level that must have taken a lot of time to make. It was just a random meaningless tantrum. I loved the level as I said at the end of the battle. I am sorry about how I caused you to feel, niN. I don't want you to feel bad on my account, you are a great guy and I appreciate what you do for the community. I've never intended to make you feel bad. Please, accept my apologies.
Think of it as me overreacting on something that was worth mentioning. I too joke with my friends in similar ways that you do Madness! No hard feelings on my side towards any of you.

Don't forget wednesday's event! And tell your friends because I won't ;)

EDIT: nindex updated!
Team HotHorses, and I'm converting to Icelandian now...
Lousku
Kuski

Post by Lousku »

niN wrote:If you wanted shown times you should have said it earlier, although I'm not sure that would've made a difference since the scene seems to have 50/50 mixed feelings about this. Please don't discuss the rules here anymore. It's too late now.
It's not exactly our fault that it was brought up late. There was no way to know it was even a consideration unless you played the first WBC. Battles almost never have hidden times, how could we assume you were planning that since it wasn't written anywhere?

BTW, I hope you see the negative bias in feedback. Feedback is given mainly when people want something to be changed. If they're happy about some aspect of the cup, there's nothing to change, so there's less reason to give feedback. So even if most feedback were negative, it wouldn't mean that most people find the cup mostly bad, far from it. This has really been mostly a nice experience and it's appreciated that you're organizing it.
maybe easier not to think abouut alöl things thought than not things thought ... or something..=?
Madness
35mins club

Post by Madness »

insane guy wrote:I think having an event at early morning time for Europeans is pretty cool. Elma needs dedication and WBC needs a lot of dedication if you want to get a high ranking in overall results. It is about setting priorities:
Have to study? Fuck that.
Have to work? Fuck that.
Have to sleep? Fuck that
Have a family? You're fucked.
What do you mean? Fuck family too. :D

Jokes aside, sometimes you can't really fuck certain things... I think (in the future) it would be best to hold these events on Sundays when most people don't work. It's always easier to re-schedule your free time activities than to get a day off every Wednesday (speaking on behalf of our transatlantic and antipodean cousins). :wink:
gimp
Kuski

Post by gimp »

Thank you for having bonus event. Every event for me happens at 0500, so it will be nice to play that one.
God Bless America
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

gimp wrote:Thank you for having bonus event. Every event for me happens at 0500, so it will be nice to play that one.
Hmm, have you moved to Australia or something? If you're in America the events should happen somewhere between 11 am and 2 pm.
Rules | FAQ
Sla
36mins club
Team: SpEF

Post by Sla »

I know rules wont change but i agree with Mad: every events on Sunday/Saturday. I personally cant play the cup from Monday to Friday.
Pab
38mins club

Post by Pab »

SveinR wrote:
gimp wrote:Thank you for having bonus event. Every event for me happens at 0500, so it will be nice to play that one.
Hmm, have you moved to Australia or something? If you're in America the events should happen somewhere between 11 am and 2 pm.
Here would be at 11pm (Uruguay). Prolly wont play it coz got volley practise at monday nights :(
My Youtube Channel Level Stats Maker Battle Notifier!

Signatür ruined by SveinR - smaller plz :*
gimp
Kuski

Post by gimp »

SveinR wrote:
You are correct, I was adding 9 hours to 2000 when I should've been subtracting. Regardless, I am at work at 11am during the week, but this could work on weekends, thanks for correcting my poor math!
God Bless America
Polarix
Kuski
Team: TR

Post by Polarix »

Hyped for today, will I be at top 20? Probably not, but let's find out!

EDIT Ah wtf 32th? I did totaly wrong route. Oh well
Last edited by Polarix on 13 Apr 2016, 20:19, edited 1 time in total.
Pab
38mins club

Post by Pab »

imo keep it like it is, maybe make a poll to check if its actually 50/50 onions, anyway the feedback is already here in this post.
Then make the next wbc norm battles with shown times (hopefully someone has the balls like nin to make it soon), and then you can have good onions. And move on with life.

edit: with norm battles imo should take Ramones standards. That means long battle times like 20 mins minimum, coz its still a cup and wont be random shit levels that can be battled in 10 mins. Norm good battles are 20 mins at least, 45 tops max extreme.

SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

Pab wrote:Then make the next wbc norm battles with shown times (hopefully someone has the balls like nin to make it soon), and then you can have good onions. And move on with life.
I think one WBC every year is a good idea, but not more often than that. Regarding rules: As niN said we probably shouldn't discuss this more in this topic, but I just thought I'd throw out an idea for future WBC before I forget it: Split the events between both 60 mins hidden times battles, as well as shorter 20 mins shown times battles. But it should be a predictable system so everyone has a clear idea of what the rules are. I'm proposing something like:

Wednesdays: Two 20 mins battles with shown times
Sundays: One 60 min battle with hidden times

Possibly the 60 mins battles could have twice as many points as each 20 mins battles so missing out on a Wednesday wouldn't be a bigger problem than missing out on a Sunday. I think such a system could work well and give the best of both worlds :)
Rules | FAQ
niN
Kuski

Post by niN »

nice thoughts sveinr.

nindex was updated with latest results! Grats Zero. Next battle on sunday, don't miss it!
Polarix
Kuski

Post by Polarix »

Hey Nin, maybe it is mentioned before but is the table manually updated or is it a script that does it automaticly?
niN
Kuski

Post by niN »

Mostly manually. I put the battle standings in a textfile and i have a script that calculates the standings from that. Why, is there any errors?
Polarix
Kuski

Post by Polarix »

Ah cool. No, I'm just curious. Because it would be fun to make a similar cup in the future maybe.
Sla
36mins club
Team: SpEF

Post by Sla »

niN
Kuski

Post by niN »

Correct!
Bjenn
35mins club

Post by Bjenn »

Too bad I missed the battle, people say it was rather fun!
kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

At least you got something new for your signature. :D
niN
Kuski

Post by niN »

nindex updated!

top ten atm:

1 Zero
2 finman
3 adi
4 Ramone
5 Madness
6 ville_j
7 Orcc
8 Pab
9 roope
10 Kazan
Ramone
50mins club

Post by Ramone »

The whole concept idea of WBC is that it consists of 60 minute hidden times battles. And thats that. Thats how it was created, and thats how it will continue.

The naming of WBC2 to WBCII is quite whack, for ppl in future that wanna dl levels and so on. Also I always gets to the wrong level when fast press, cause normally type packname + 9. But Since packname now is WBCII I always end up at first lev. Also its quite wtf. I cant believe nin thinks he didnt get enough prasie for this when he didnt even rename inlev names to solid pattern. I mean. ffs??? That just gives quite meh feel about it all. And how he dont take it seriously, not appretiating all the time levelmakers and players put it. He stole the shine from the actual battles by acting like a child. Really took away the WBC for me anyway. Not even gz:ing winners and so on.

WBC101-WBC110, WBC201-210, WBC301-310 (or how many events each cup will have) WHen Zero added 106 he wrote "By", instead of "by" that I had done for the first 5 events, that made me be like: wtF! compared to nins: "I dont give a shit about this, but I think I spent time and you need to thank me for it, and I dont care how I name levels"-attitude, that is nothing. Needs a real proper solid feel. World Cup feel. nin has not managed that. I know me and Zero maybe didnt manage that either. And 2 events per week is def a better way for this cup.

Anyway. Can talk more about this. But it all comes down to this. WBC is WORLD BATTLE CUP, its not "whatever shitbattle for 15 mins battle!". Svein, pls start WSF15MB if thats what you want. 2 20 min events???? half points? WTAH in the actual UFCK?

Many pppl did very good posts in here. like this is WBC, and nin should treat it liek that. Im quite sad he took that job when he clearly does not want to (or have time to?) do the proper work with it. Saying he dont care if ppl know about it or not, its so sad. The idea with WBC was anyone can host it in the future. But seeing how WBCII (AGAIN, WTF?) Its very likely I will arrange WBC3.

Another good thing with WBC2 is that all events this far (4 events for future readers) have been quite amaZING. especially event 3 and 4!

Leavingh after 10 or 15 mins cause someone said: lev sucks? or wtf lev? thatx just, I dont know. Thats how EOL is, and nin KNOWS this. I mean. You cant go into war and then be sad other guys have firearms. If you wanty a change in how the scene is and behaves, you need to work for that (I want this too). You cant just expect it to magically CHANGE byitself because you dont approve. Nothing works like that. Also, sayting level sucks MUST and SHOULD be ok. I mean, ppl hjave dif taste. they always will. and first impression often differs from final or later thoughts. PPL must be allowed to tell their thoughts. I feel like nin was afraid this would happen, and thought about it beforehand, and was worried about it, and when he got those few lines he toally overreacted, cause in his head, he had decided it wouild be like that. (speculation...) I wouild have understood if you would have been sad if ppl attacked you! But no one did, ppl didnt say: ""Nick" can go die you cant do shit, pls die", or other not accepted lines, we have seen those earlier, and they are NOT fine. the nin appoach, now I wont care, I just come and add l ev and leave is quite sad. You cant expect ppl to praise you for all work you do. for WC6 and for WBC1 I can tell you me (and me and Zero) put in SOOOO much more work than you would ever know. And for WC6 I got ALOT of shit. and personal attacks and all that. endline: I just feel when ppl attack me its their loss. they cant behave, and it hurts them (sometimes I cant behave either, and then it hurts me more than anyone else) Its like when I get a sour customer where I work, I just feel, they arent happy with their lifes, so I dong give a total shit, doesnt affect me.

Overall WBC2 have gotten way better recieval than any contest or cup I have ever seen (except for nins behaviour) and he it still sour? so lame. made me REALLLY really sad. He was dissapointed in how other ppl reacted or behaved, but the true childlike behaviour was his. And he dont even see that?

I know this post is poorly written, and I could have made my points clearer probably, but just needed to say this. If anything is unclear, just ask, and Ill get back on that.

peace!
Elasto Mania - ez better
Fabio
Kuski

Post by Fabio »

Ramone wrote:The whole concept idea of WBC is that it consists of 60 minute hidden times battles. And thats that. Thats how it was created, and thats how it will continue.
Then why keep telling times in chat during battle. Its hidden times for a reason. For non-pros its a chance to win some places in the ranking if they find a better style that a semi-pro didnt find. If you tell your times everyone wil change his style if your time is 10 seconds faster or something. It really irritates me.
roope
37mins club
Team: MiE

Post by roope »

That's part of the fun of hidden times, at least for me; not being sure who and what to believe. It gets to your head. "Hmm that time sounds impsy, but I'm pretty confident in my own style. Is he lying? Should I spend and possibly waste time looking for something else or just höyl this? Does he have a total different route or just different moves?"
Ofc if the margin of the lie is way too big it can be disregarded, but if the supposed time is just a couple of seconds better then it makes you think.
Team MiE - MiE Cup 1
Prestigious member of 14.6x Tutor14 club
Bjenn
35mins club

Post by Bjenn »

roope wrote:That's part of the fun of hidden times, at least for me; not being sure who and what to believe. It gets to your head. "Hmm that time sounds impsy, but I'm pretty confident in my own style. Is he lying? Should I spend and possibly waste time looking for something else or just höyl this? Does he have a total different route or just different moves?"
Ofc if the margin of the lie is way too big it can be disregarded, but if the supposed time is just a couple of seconds better then it makes you think.
I feel the opposite, I played the 2nd event and Madness was like "durka durka anyone under 51 yet?". And I had 56 or something then.
And I feel more frustration because I have no idea of what times people actually have. I finished 53 or something and Madness only had 55 after battle ended.

I felt I spend unnecessary time trying to think what style can do 51, and then it don't even exist.. troll mode battle.
Lousku
Kuski

Post by Lousku »

Ramone wrote:The whole concept idea of WBC is that it consists of 60 minute hidden times battles. And thats that. Thats how it was created, and thats how it will continue
No. That's your concept for your cup and there's nothing objectively correct about it. These things should ideally be decided by polls, or the organizer if they value their opinion to be more important than the general consensus. But you don't decide the rules for every future WBC simply because you were the first to arrange a cup under that name. Nobody can own that.
Polarix
Kuski

Post by Polarix »

Hidden or Shown, both works. But it have to be 60 minutes. If 20 min for example, so many that participate in the cup will just miss the whole battle. Did you not forget part of the battle on Sunday Lousku, but manage to play 23 minutes anyhow? Therefore something else than 60 minutes is going to bad.
kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

Regarding people bragging about troll times, I usually just turn off the chat for most of the battle. For me it really helps to concentrate on playing seriously instead of constantly peeking at the chat during every ride. Maybe try it too.
niN
Kuski

Post by niN »

I couldn't resist giving you a reply to this Ramone. And I'll keep my reply completely objective.

First and foremost let me say that the ONLY reason I am doing this cup is because I said I would do it. And it was foolish of me to say that I would do it because I am too busy. I don't have time to do elma with you guys.

Now, about the pattern: WBCII. There are some practical issues but I like originality. Meaning to me I want to take your concept and idea and make a product of my team (HoHo). You should respect that.
You cant go into war and then be sad other guys have firearms.
I don't see it like this. With my other hobbies I don't tell my friends how terrible their contributions are. I'd be happy to tell you more about what I think about kuskis attitudes but that would need to be in a pm since it's too off-topic. In hindsight I realize that many of those comments were sarcastic (?) which I sometimes do with my friends. But I wasn't in the mood for sarcasm.
You cant expect ppl to praise you for all work you do. for WC6 and for WBC1 I can tell you me (and me and Zero) put in SOOOO much more work than you would ever know.
I don't know and I wouldn't compare our efforts. Neither should you.
compared to nins: "I dont give a shit about this, but I think I spent time and you need to thank me for it, and I dont care how I name levels"-attitude
How people name their levels is their business. I don't want to touch other peoples creations and to me there's no reason to put the cup in the external name. In fact, I think it kills the personality of the level. This is my opinion, you have yours.

I hope I don't sound disrespectful but you should know that you did.
Lousku
Kuski

Post by Lousku »

Polarix wrote:Hidden or Shown, both works. But it have to be 60 minutes. If 20 min for example, so many that participate in the cup will just miss the whole battle. Did you not forget part of the battle on Sunday Lousku, but manage to play 23 minutes anyhow? Therefore something else than 60 minutes is going to bad.
Yeah, but I wouldn't blame anyone else for forgetting about it.
Ramone
50mins club

Post by Ramone »

I mean in all real levelpacks and cups there should be a pattern to give it more of a offical feel. Feels more worked/special.

Like: WBCII1 Levelname by Nick

the actual levelname is whateber the maker says. and if he havent put any, ask for a name, imo. Quite obv

The thing is, no one said too terrible things, they said: lev sux or wtf lev or similar. What I mean with the waranalogy, bad maybe, but in a war ppl use firearms, in EOL ppl say lev sux wtf lev too hard lev etc. Thats how it is, you cant expect it any other way, and if you want in any other way you have try and change the scene. Thats kinda what I meant.
Elasto Mania - ez better
ville_j
Kuski
Team: IS

Post by ville_j »

Pretty horrible to put such pipe lev in a cup where you can't even skip an event (if not count bonus event). It was very hard and in addition included tricks and forced speed because of uphills. Cool level but too hard for this kind of battle. Just my opinion even though I was oke in the results.
< roopemies> horror and frustrating and can't play, sounds just like you
Beer battle winner 2014 and 2015
Labs
37mins club
Team: SPEED

Post by Labs »

The whole concept idea of WBC is that it consists of 60 minute hidden times battles. And thats that. Thats how it was created, and thats how it will continue.
Oh, it looks like then that i wont play any of this in the future either. Hidden times sux in battles.
Team SPEED

Polarix
Kuski

Post by Polarix »

Yeah. Is it not more important that all participant can enjoy (not to hard levs) than only pro people can enjoy (hard lev like this pipe)? This cup is for all skill levels.
kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

Yep, I was really looking forward to a new event, got all excited and then boom, a lev where I have no chance to get anywhere. :\ Compare this to wbc109, which had some very tricky styles but also had much easier and slower styles for noobs. That was nice.
Pab
38mins club

Post by Pab »

I agree with the above about the pipe event. I wouldnt repeat an event like this in a battle cup. I can finish hard pipes and enjoy them, but lately (like in the past 3 years at least) i dont play pipe battles coz it drives me fucking crazy, i cant handle battle pipes no more xd I had to quit the battle and shouldnt have even played on the first place since i knew i was not going to enjoy it at all. But this is just personal stuff :D

Anyway, the pipe was notoriously too hard for average pipers. I missed a battle already the previous wednesday so i got a little pissed coz im losing my chances to get an oke place on the cup :D Maybe a more playable fun pipe would be better (doesnt have to be that long, actually over 1 minute is pretty freaking long for a pipe) random example http://elmaonline.net/statistics/level/3225

adi
36mins club

Post by adi »

This pipe was more about surviving (raw skill + nerves), which is fine. Anyway I guess ppl tend to make and send over 1 min pipes. I agree that some 40 sec (tricky?) ez to finish -pipe would be really interesting.
Team MiE
FinMan
36mins club
Team: dat

Post by FinMan »

This kinda survival pipe does not really fit for a 60 min battle even the pros. I really would have hoped for something that isn't only about surviving to the end, it would have been better for all skill levels. When the winrec in such a battle is really flawed and there are many huge mistakes in it, you know the battle just is really hard and at that point it is pretty much just nerve work and even luck to decide who finishes the best ride. (don't get me wrong, the win time was good and the win deserved)

The level was good but did not fit this cup, didn't really enjoy it either. This stuff should be played in ff cups or normal cups, not in a wbc.
Bjenn
35mins club

Post by Bjenn »

I missed yesterdays battle, simply forgot it. But I'm happy now I missed it because it was a hard pipe =)
Madness
35mins club

Post by Madness »

You need to stop being such crybabies.