SCIFI Level Pack for people with brains

Advertise your levels, contests, sites etc.

Moderator: Moporators

sunl
Kuski

SCIFI Level Pack for people with brains

Post by sunl »

Hi everyone!

I made a very short levelpack of unique levels that rely on more than just skill to complete. Beating each of these 3 levels requires a mastery of the knowledge of elastomania gameplay mechanics and tuning, and so beating even one of these levels means you are an elma pro.

All of these levels are beatable and have been beat by me. Remember that to beat these levels you need to use your brain and take advantage of all the possible options available.

Link: http://elmaonline.net/downloads/levelpack/242/scifi

Last edited by sunl on 9 Dec 2016, 00:56, edited 1 time in total.
gimp
Kuski

Re: SCIFI Level Pack for people with brains

Post by gimp »

Like elma nitro?
God Bless America
kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

Cool. I guess I know the style in 02 but I never in my life managed to do that trick where you turn your head just at the right time to go through ground.

I wonder how you save levs like this. When I resave it becomes unplayable. So I can't make a train lev. Maybe it was your sadistic intention.
insane guy
Kuski

Post by insane guy »

Very special pack, great idea. No idea how to finish those or too lazy brain to think about it. I would love if the levs had a more "sci-fi" look to suit the title. And I will definitely rip off that bug line effect, really nice!
"Every night, me go to sleep, me have wet dream..."
AndrY
38mins club
Team: .lev

Post by AndrY »

imo it needs write recommended fps near start in these levs :mrgreen: i mean 01 and 02.
00 lev is very interesting, I want some levs more like this)
My levs and other Elma things: sites.google.com/view/elma-andry + youtube
Madness
35mins club

Post by Madness »

20.10 in scifi00, EOL didn't register.
sunl
Kuski

Post by sunl »

I hear Pab will be ripping off 00 idea. Madness clearly not doing level properly.

No hints for fps for 01, 02.
jblaze
38mins club

Post by jblaze »

finished 01 and 02.
01 route is obvious, took me 3mins to find a way to do the needed mango and a few tries to finish.
02 took me a few hours including like 4hours of useless trying 100 variations of doing headtrick in editor which apparently doesnt apply the fps limiter properly. after i moved to normal levels, it started working without fancy tricking, then took me around 3 hours in total to finish. before finishing i died 3 times after doing head trick due to wheels' misbehaviour.
recs:
http://www.recsource.tv/r/fbmupliego
http://www.recsource.tv/r/auwdxqrgms
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.
(Devann) u are the master of your own universe. remember that
Hosp
38mins club
Team: MiE

Post by Hosp »

Fuckin' biblical mate
ToMaT
kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

So what's the head through ground trick? Do you basically just have to volt at the very exact time or something? I tested it for a while but couldn't do anything.
jblaze
38mins club

Post by jblaze »

yes kuchi, and using 30fps. you have to turn at exact moment between 2 frames so elma doesnt see it (so ofc higher fps make it much harder as they decrease interval between frames). right volt for extra head velocity, which increases your chance to avoid polygon border. after you go through you wont die cause its kinda like making a level with head inside ground. you dont die straight away, you die only when head tries to change its enviroment.
i had a talk with sunl, imo he could put a little interesting comment on the technique of it also if he wants

and the wheel squeezes are a bit moody sometimes, they sometimes misbehave xd
had a little talk with bene also but forgot what i wanted to say about it, except: he said high fps before the trick make you get closer to wall, wwhich is quiute obvious when you think about. ok, but its quite impossible to switch back to 30fps AND turn at the very same moment before the wall in real lev.

about 01:
the rec itself doesnt tell much, except that its necesary to be on mid-or-low fps for 3s part, 56s, 1:13 and HIGH for 1:00.
theres no optimal fps that can squeeze you through tightness on low speed but keep you hangin on high speed, so you need to use fps-lowering trick. its probably up to your imagination, there can be many techniques to achieve that. i simply used fraps recording for mid-low parts, turned it off in pipe before 1:00, then recording on at 1:11 again. max fps instantly turn into 150 (according to fraps, but settings claim 30) and instantly go back to max when turn recording off. lev is very easy to hoyl even once you know the trick, i just didnt bother
sunl could put a comment here also :D
would like to see a level when you have to use the trick multiple times xd. its easy to control, only 1 extra button once in a while
sunl
Kuski

Post by sunl »

bene discusses head through ground in this post, so I won't reexplain:
http://mopolauta.moposite.com/viewtopic ... 49#p243679
See his picture: http://kopasite.net/up/46r6i2eao1z55x8/Frames.png

To do this in a non-TAS setting, in order to maximize your chance of head through ground, you need the following:
1) FPS = 30 (as jblaze learnt, EOL FPS limiter does not work in internal editor so have to do it in a saved level)
2) Most speed possible (in my level: acceleration + gravity, and doing right volt gives slightly extra speed)
3) Spacebar is optional, adding a small chance to pass through. Because head is not perfectly aligned, doing a frame-perfect turn will increase your chances of passing through the ground, but since it needs to be frame perfect, and you are already going fast enough with 1) and 2) to go through the ground, it is not strictly necessary but might as well try.
4) Keep on trying until you are lucky

So 90+% of the trick is the FPS, gravity/acceleration and luck. The right volt and spacebar only make very small differences.

01: Easier way is to use the screenshot button which will lower fps for about 0.5 seconds, so you don't need fraps etc. You can rekey your screenshot button to something more accessible.
Madness
35mins club

Post by Madness »

Nice recs jblaze. I only tried scifi00 and realised this is way too easy for me, so I didn't even check the other levs..

http://www.recsource.tv/r/baexyjdmif
bene
Hot kuski
Team: dat

Post by bene »

What speed in that rek when headclip?
Signatür ruined by SveinR - smaller plz :*
jblaze
38mins club

Post by jblaze »

325-326
FinMan
36mins club
Team: dat

Post by FinMan »

i have got through like 5 times but always got shat on by the VVVVV's

why share though :|
abruzzi
Kuski

Post by abruzzi »

cool recs jblaze! scientific as hell
<Pawq> at a gym you have only 3 options: 1. have your eyes closed, 2. stare at yourself, 3. stare at others, all of which are either super boring or disgusting