There's quite a few people in the Elma scene who are capable of programming to various degrees, so why not try to utilize the opportunity. Pretty pointless writing stuff like "Elma 2!!111" etc., but maybe you've always wanted a program that would quickly change all apple animations in a level to the same animation, or something equally weird or specific. I'll try to keep a little updated list of the requested programs, and if anyone is volunteering to work on something so several people aren't wasting time on the same thing, even though it's unlikely to be a problem. Not sure how much will actually come of anything here, but whatever.
Map maker (skint0r semi-possibly might be working on this in the near future)
There has already been a couple of this made, though all sort of lacking in different aspects. Requested features and ideas:
- SVG option, with customizable colors for sky, ground and objects
- Texture option (make it look like in-game), custom zoom levels
- PNG/JPG rasterized option obviously also
- Custom dimension option, maybe make it possible to supply multiple ones to make differently sized images at the same time
- LGR option
- Command line interface so you can pipe input with list of levels and batch process
Capturing with fraps/obs/whatever sucks. In-game dump sucks and takes too long time. jonsykkel made something but it's not really usable in its current state I believe.
- Choice of output resolution
- FPS option
- Use proper interpolation algorithm that matches in-game look of replays and make shit smooth
- Zoom options for view and textures like in EOL
- Timer option
- Maybe use ffmpeg or x264 library directly to make compressed, but still lossless output. Sucks working with some 15gb raw huffyuv shit video file for a few minutes of replay.
- If using those libraries, also have some options to just encode x264 directly with specified settings