This is a topic to discuss a possible ultimate lgr upgrade to existing lgrs to allow level-makers to innovate more. Hopefully if this gains traction it can be released once so that there are not multiple versions going around. This would augment existing lgrs using default palette but not replace any default pictures/bike etc. This in no way prevents you from using your normal or default lgr.
Lee and I will be spearheading the effort.
Potential resources are listed here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/79woc3z919yc ... eUzTa?dl=0
Probably the most important section. We can probably add up to 180 new masks to give more control over level-making
1) Fixed default masks (no weird corners)
2) Basic shapes
- *Squares of various sizes
*Long horizontal/vertical rectangle
*Triangles of various angles/sizes
*Circles of various sizes
5) ?We might want to be able to use a program to autogenerate complicated pictures akin to fancyboost by tiling these random shapes together. If we have a good variety of shapes it would probably be okay.
Limited to about 80 textures
2) Most important colors from palette: https://www.dropbox.com/s/nt8lfonaykit4 ... e.png?dl=0
3) bush background texture?
4) Anything else?
Can probably limit to 900 pictures max
1) Keep fancyboost zz pictures (256)
Please upload dream level scenery & any resources/suggestions and discuss the whole concept in this thread.