Dani Mini-Cup Battle Series (Next: Mar.22th, 20:00)

Advertise your levels, contests, sites etc.

Moderator: Moporators

danitah
Kuski

Dani Mini-Cup Battle Series (Next: Mar.22th, 20:00)

Post by danitah »

Next event: See topic title above.

I'm starting a new battle cup series. Will be similar to my battle evening but more consistent level-types and modes. (Yes Ramone this time will be proper level naming.) Also much shorter, max 2hour total length probably.

I will start the first one tonight, and planning to have one every other week.

Total length of events will be max 2.5hours per Mini-Cup.

(All times are in Finnish timezone.)
1st event Jan. 07 - 20:00: One-life cup - 10 levs, mostly 1min battles (only one 2min) - Total length: ~30min (Results)
2nd event: Jan. 21 - 21:30: Höyla cup - 10 levs, all <10s long, 5-10min normal battles - Total length: 1-2 hours
(Results)
Every event will be added to the Elma Calendar

Trophies gathered:

For Minicups:
adi 🥇x1
jblaze 🥇x1
Mira 🥈x1
Mielz 🥈x1
roope 🥉x1
TL 🥉x1

For individual Battles:
Mielz 🥇x5 🥈x1 🥉x2
jblaze 🥇x4 🥈x6 🥉x2
Mira 🥇x3 🥈x1 🥉x1
adi 🥇x2 🥈x3 🥉x1
tomator 🥇x2
Zero 🥇x2
Andry_ 🥇x1 🥈x1
talli 🥇x1
roope 🥈x2 🥉x4
TL 🥈x2 🥉x1
SveinR 🥈x1 🥉x2
Sick_Mambo 🥈x1 🥉x1
Blaztek 🥈x1
ofta 🥈x1
Mrrrr 🥉x2
b0ne 🥉x1
Bjenn 🥉x1
Redline 🥉x1
Fejm 🥉x1
Last edited by danitah on 20 Mar 2020, 10:15, edited 11 times in total.
Chris
Kuski
Team: Ferrari

Re: Dani Mini-Cup Battle Series

Post by Chris »

Is it starting today?
Lousku wrote:could you mayke shorter sig please :( mega annoying and also against rules :()
danitah
Kuski

Post by danitah »

yep today!
danitah
Kuski

Post by danitah »

One-Life won poll! so will be that at 20:00 fin time or after 1htt, heard rumor there will be one at that time.
danitah
Kuski

Post by danitah »

First event in queue! Starting approx 20:25 fin time.
danitah
Kuski

Post by danitah »

results: http://elmaonline.net/statistics/league/4
gz to jblaze!

Second cup in series höyla cup in one week, sunday jan. 14th, start time 21:00 fin time.
Ramone
50mins club

Post by Ramone »

so there will random aborts all 2018?

announcing this with a few hours and no hype or talk in EOL before and then just abort all?

that is fucking not how EOL works.

Ruben does EGP and then ofc he does it proper. I made new topic too, see advertising, since we for some reason have new rules for EOL now Ill have battle nights 5 nights a week in 2018, so I will need to abort your levels for randomly added ölevels my me with no pattern name. Winner is the one with coolest nick.

Peace!
Elasto Mania - ez better
danitah
Kuski

Post by danitah »

Ramone wrote: 7 Jan 2018, 20:33 so there will random aborts all 2018?

announcing this with a few hours and no hype or talk in EOL before and then just abort all?
I was in EOL several times before, you were in chat during that time also so you should have seen it. You even helped me by adding 35min battle before it to have it start on time, then you added 30min lev after first event even knowing there was an event going (An event lasting only 30 minutes).

I do agree preannouncing just a few hours before is not good, going to be announced at least a week in advance for future events. I probably should have just saved this for a week instead of doing so short notice, so sorry about that.

My previous event was quite long and I can see how it's annoying for other designers to be unable to start during so long event. Though I want to add that it was open for any other designers to send in levs in advance for that event, one of which was yours.

So yeah I think there are valid points in your criticism but I don't see how it was such a big deal to abort a 30min lev after 10% of 30min long event was in progress.
Ramone
50mins club

Post by Ramone »

yes. you asked for 35 min battle so added. I had no clue you would be aborting random battles for fun?

is that something I shoudl have guessed?

anyway, Ill be aborting random battles for fun tomorrow also :) (RET BATTLE CUP!)
Elasto Mania - ez better
danitah
Kuski

Post by danitah »

<EOL_bot> (danitah): there will be 1htt in 1h?
<EOL_bot> (Ramone): no
<EOL_bot> (Ramone): Rambo205 deadline
<EOL_bot> (Ramone): is in 1h :D
<EOL_bot> (danitah): ah
<EOL_bot> (danitah): was plannig to start 1life cup also that time
<EOL_bot> (danitah): i guess 15-20min after deadline so some time to see results etc
<EOL_bot> (Ramone): can ofc if want.
<EOL_bot> (Ramone): yeah.
<EOL_bot> (danitah): if someone has 35min lev to queue would be nice
<EOL_bot> (Ramone): Ill fix. brb
<EOL_bot> (Ramone): done.
<EOL_bot> (danitah): thanks

<EOL_bot> (danitah): first event in queue!
<EOL_bot> (danitah): pretty sure it will be shortest cup in elma history :D
<EOL_bot> (Ramone): how many events?
<EOL_bot> (danitah): 10

<EOL_bot> (Ramone): ALSO> top11-56 posted in Rambo2 topic!
<EOL_bot> (Ramone): soon post more!
<EOL_bot> (danitah): :O
<EOL_bot> (danitah): soon one life minicup! shortest cup elma history!

Yes, I think based on this you should have known battles would be aborted. So I assumed you and TL were just trolling really.
danitah
Kuski

Post by danitah »

I have made new guidelines for the events:
- There will be two weeks between each event.
- Total time per event will be no longer than 2.5h.
Chris
Kuski

Post by Chris »

Still you shouldn't abort any battles. :(
Lousku wrote:could you mayke shorter sig please :( mega annoying and also against rules :()
danitah
Kuski

Post by danitah »

Impsy to have these events then. You'll never be able to start 10 battles in a reasonable time if there's 1-2hour wait between each lev. The only solution would be to split it up into several days (1-3 events each day or something), but then times won't fit most people's schedule and no reason to even do this.
Chris
Kuski

Post by Chris »

People have no idea what is going on and aborting all battles isn't nice imo. Also you should advertise your cup more and add next levels as soon as possible so you don't lose many spots.
danitah
Kuski

Post by danitah »

Chris wrote: 8 Jan 2018, 12:00 Also you should advertise your cup more and add next levels as soon as possible so you don't lose many spots.
Yes, definitely. I made the höyla levs yesterday morning over a few hours, and got so excited I decided to have the first cup the same day, thinking it was Sunday and a good day to have it, because I'd have to wait for next weekend for the next good opportunity to have it. I advertised it several times in irc, discord and eol because of so short time, and even felt kind of obnoxious about doing it so many times. It was a bad decision and I should have just scheduled it a week later. Ironic thing is I chatted in discord the same day about how nice it was to save my levs and avoid the instant gratification of always starting them straight away.

If opinions on aborting battles are so split I won't bother doing these events in the future.
danitah
Kuski

Post by danitah »

I've made a poll here, would be nice to see what the opinions are on this is. Note that events should be announced at least a week in advance. viewtopic.php?f=9&t=9845
Hosp
38mins club
Team: MiE

Post by Hosp »

meh people just crying, imo abort balles if hev official minicup with a thread on lauta, if not read lauta, well, you're fucked in the head
ToMaT
Ramone
50mins club

Post by Ramone »

Ofc abort should be possible, but it should not be taken so lightly. We did aborts for WBC, but also since so well advertised ppl knew about it so aborts werent really needed. Also ofc we asked Kopaka about if we could abort for this, dont just assume.

We cant have too many of these events, too many or too often will make them feel less special, and less ppl will play them. I was megastoked on your first Battle Evening but then it was just any evening with random battles from random players but you started all, so extremely weird and not abortworthy. At least make it DBE... The reason you wanna keep em in DAAP pack just shows that they are normal battle levs, nothing special. Was highly dissapointing.

Having events like this is abit like building a brand. Dj brand as levelmaker is sick good, your events are bland, ppl only remember abortions imo.

The idea is very good (and yes, I have same problem as dj, I suck att organizing and I wanna use all levels direct) but, think things trough, make sure everyone knows, ppl will be stoked and abort only needed if some bEAT comes back and randomly adds a level. Which would be so sick so no one would ask for abort anyway.

I did not troll. I got upset, I overreacted, I knew ppl would get mad at me, but I did get my point across.

Dj understands now?
Elasto Mania - ez better
danitah
Kuski

Post by danitah »

Ramone wrote: 9 Jan 2018, 22:41 We cant have too many of these events, too many or too often will make them feel less special, and less ppl will play them. I was megastoked on your first Battle Evening but then it was just any evening with random battles from random players but you started all, so extremely weird and not abortworthy. At least make it DBE... The reason you wanna keep em in DAAP pack just shows that they are normal battle levs, nothing special. Was highly dissapointing.
Yeah I agree. I tried cutting the 20+ levs I had down a lot and chose 9 for the event, still it felt too long. I already explained this but I see apple battles as different than for example cruise FF. If I had added apple battles in the same pack as FF the whole pack would have been kinda ineligible to add as an elmaonline.net levelpack, and one of the FFs in particular which I probably spent close to 10h on would have been burned in 10mins and kinda forgotten forever. The solution to this could have been to just switch those levs for not quite so important ones to me, then I would have easily renamed. In future events I will just keep the battles consistent enough that this is not a problem. Probably won't mix apples and other types either. But this is not really related to this topic since I already fixed this for this event.

I think having these short 1-2h long events every two weeks won't be too much for the future.
Ramone wrote: 9 Jan 2018, 22:41 The idea is very good (and yes, I have same problem as dj, I suck att organizing and I wanna use all levels direct) but, think things trough, make sure everyone knows, ppl will be stoked and abort only needed if some bEAT comes back and randomly adds a level. Which would be so sick so no one would ask for abort anyway.
Yeah the first event was really impulsive for me, and almost as soon as I announced it I kinda had a bad feeling about it, but felt like it was too late to delay it when already announced. Very ridiculous to look at the discord chat logs for when I announced the event, literally these three messages in a row: link
danitah
Kuski

Post by danitah »

I've set start time to 9:30PM (Sunday January 21st), might be nice with some extra time after Jappe2's FF, maybe people want to finish their runs if far in lev etc. So if someone has a good lev for 26min battle, you could claim the intermission spot now.

Check the Elma Calendar to get the event times converted to your local time.
danitah
Kuski

Post by danitah »

2nd event very soon! :)

- Start 21.30 Fin-time
- 10 Events.
- All levels possible under 10 seconds.
- Events 1-8 will have 10min battletime, last two events will have 15min battletime.
- Follow standings live here http://elmaonline.net/statistics/league/5
Last edited by danitah on 1 Feb 2018, 20:36, edited 1 time in total.
danitah
Kuski

Post by danitah »

Gz to adi for winning 2nd cup! Results here

All levels are added to the levelpack, there is also bonus content from first cup. Now you can höyl those secret areas! The hardest ones have been made a bit easier. edit: Also added bonus content from 2nd cup. Alternative versions of all levs available!

Added some stats to first post.
Last edited by danitah on 1 Feb 2018, 20:37, edited 1 time in total.
Hosp
38mins club

Re: Dani Mini-Cup Battle Series (Next: Jan 21st, 21:30)

Post by Hosp »

let me know if that helps
ToMaT
danitah
Kuski

Post by danitah »

(Info changed)
Last edited by danitah on 1 Feb 2018, 20:38, edited 2 times in total.
danitah
Kuski

Post by danitah »

Last edited by danitah on 4 Mar 2018, 17:25, edited 1 time in total.
danitah
Kuski

Post by danitah »

Last edited by danitah on 4 Mar 2018, 17:26, edited 2 times in total.
danitah
Kuski

Post by danitah »

Last edited by danitah on 4 Mar 2018, 17:26, edited 1 time in total.
danitah
Kuski

Re: Dani Mini-Cup Battle Series (Next: FF-Cup Mar.4th, 20:00)

Post by danitah »

Cup will start as planned today as long as server seems fine (looking good now). I'm not satisfied with the gap in quality in levs, so I have taken out the high quality levs, including the previously previewed levs, and also the FFcup today won't be part of the DMC series. I will save the high quality levs for another DMC and/or other events. High quality just means a lot of time spent editing/testing, doesn't mean the levs today will be bad (hopefully)! Will start after 1HTT, so in just a few hours.
roope
37mins club

Re: Dani Mini-Cup Battle Series (Next: FF-Cup Mar.4th, 20:00)

Post by roope »

Was cool ff cup. Good FIN vs POL battling:

Team MiE - MiE Cup 1
Prestigious member of 14.6x Tutor14 club
danitah
Kuski

Re: Dani Mini-Cup Battle Series (Next: Mar.22nd, 20:00)

Post by danitah »

Announcing the renewal of DMC after 2 years!

Cup title: Dani Mini-Cup 3: "<Ramone> WTF TOO LITTLE TIME" - The Cup

Start: Sunday March 22nd 20:00 Fintime.

Battles: 5 x 10min normal mode
ArZeNiK
37mins club

Re: Dani Mini-Cup Battle Series (Next: Mar.22th, 20:00)

Post by ArZeNiK »

lol title
also wtf 2 years since last? can remember clearly
will try to be there
hi im arzenik :>
elmzuke.lev is the greatest piece of art ever created