elmaonline-site releases

Advertise your levels, contests, sites etc.

Moderator: Moporators

Kopaka
Kuski
Team: LAME

elmaonline-site releases

Post by Kopaka » 10 Jun 2018, 15:17

This topic will be used to announce new releases of the new elma online website. Read more about the project here.

The url is http://elma.online/

This site uses the same database as the current site elmaonline.net and the eol game. Which means you can use this as a supplement/replacement of that site. Anything you see there reflects the actual state of things on the server and any changes you do there will be reflected in the game and the old site. One day when a critical mass of the content on the old site has been remade on the new, it will take its place completely.

In order to help development use this site to help find bug and suggest missing details that can make it better. This is your chance to influence things, if no one gives feedback it will just be made how I like it. Right now the focus is to make features that the current EOL site does not have. So in feedback focus on what features are needed to make it useful right now, and which can wait for later.

Kopaka
Kuski

Re: elmaonline-site releases

Post by Kopaka » 10 Jun 2018, 15:18

Battle recplayer
http://elma.online/

New features:
Battle list
Recplayer on the battle page
Battle info on the battle page

Direct contributers: Kopaka, ville_j
Indirect contributers: 8-ball, Maxdamantus

Known bugs:
On first load the UI library doesn't load, click on a battle and then on home as a workaround.
Not optimized for mobile.

Notes:
Home page loads a bit slow.
UI has been put together quickly, so feedback on that is not necessary right now.

pawq
39mins club
Team: TR

Post by pawq » 10 Jun 2018, 18:34

Hard to say just how happy I am to see this. Thanks so much for having the perseverance to get this going. I'll contribute with whatever I can, testing and suggestions at the very least :)

ofta
Kuski

Post by ofta » 11 Jun 2018, 14:42

very nice, but i cannot see balle winner when i watch rec? maybe im blind but i can see designer, lev name, win time, rec, osv, but not the actual winner

Kopaka
Kuski

Post by Kopaka » 13 Jun 2018, 22:12

ofta wrote:
11 Jun 2018, 14:42
very nice, but i cannot see balle winner when i watch rec?
No that's not possible right now. It's very much a work in progress, but I'm releasing stuff early so we can get feedback about exactly this kind of thing. So please more feedback, most importantly regarding what are the features that are missing that are most important right now. That way we can spend time on what's important.

Kopaka
Kuski

Post by Kopaka » 22 Jun 2018, 20:58

Battle results and chat

New features:
Battle results
See the chat lines written during a battle
Some plugins updated for minor fixes

Direct contributers: Kopaka, ville_j

Known bugs:
On first load the UI library doesn't load, click on a battle and then on home as a workaround.

Kopaka
Kuski

Post by Kopaka » 24 Apr 2019, 22:20

Replay upload, battle and level page improvements

New features:
Upload replays
View replay page
Battle page improved
Level page

I'll consider this the first major release of the new site. recsource like functionality is ready for prime time, as is the battle list and battle page. We've also seen a huge surge in active contributers, which is really nice to see and means doing the new site was the right choice.

Direct contributers: Kopaka, ville_j, pawq, ismo, stooq, bene

Known bugs:
Times are not shown on level page
Can't upload replays in internals

kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu » 25 Apr 2019, 08:15

Not sure if there is anything that can be done or if it's even possible to investigate this properly, but I can't connect to the site without using a proxy hmm. :|

Grace
39mins club
Location: Deep in your Imagination, Twirling your Dreams and Weaving your thoughts.

Post by Grace » 25 Apr 2019, 09:08

Seems like the scripts on the rec-player individual page (https://elma.online/r/o86ola1s0z) aren't loading for me at all. The player loads but no rec loads into it, and the "other replays for this level" never populates or finishes loading.

The rec player on a battle page loads fine.

Using chrome on windows 10.
Image Cyberscore! Image
Targets: 4 Legendary, 15 WC, 30 Pro, 5 Good | 35 Australian Records | AvgTT: 40:14:34

Bludek
38mins club
Team: CART

Post by Bludek » 25 Apr 2019, 10:27

wow, so mega cool. Didn't know u guys are cooking something as big as that. Great job u mans.

Looking forward to next versions.

just few observations below
  • text does not fit properly with background when I have sidebar on (chrome, 1280x1024)
  • rec pages are loading super slow for me. When I click on play at rec page nothing happens (level is visible, bike does not appear). Hopefully it'll be as fast as recszampik)
  • search bar would be nice, but I am sure that's on TODO list

pawq
39mins club
Team: TR

Post by pawq » 30 Apr 2019, 17:16

Re: Grace & Bludek - rec loading actually worked fine last time I worked with it (a week ago), no idea what happened since then :D maybe Kopa knows

Thanks for reporting stuff! I think all of those (plus loads more) are known, pls refer to list of issues here:
https://github.com/elmadev/elmaonline-site/issues

Grace
39mins club
Location: Deep in your Imagination, Twirling your Dreams and Weaving your thoughts.

Post by Grace » 30 Apr 2019, 19:01

My above reported issue seems to be fixed when I try now. Interesting. Everything working as intended now.

I'll check back a few times later on and see if I can replicate the behaviour. I'm no expert with js, but I've seen some similarly funky shit happening in the past with things sometimes working and sometimes scripts not running in js when things are not loaded in the correct order with asynchronous loading or something of that sort? Might be a culprit. I'll keep testing when I remember to.
Image Cyberscore! Image
Targets: 4 Legendary, 15 WC, 30 Pro, 5 Good | 35 Australian Records | AvgTT: 40:14:34