Apple Cup 2018

Advertise your levels, contests, sites etc.

Moderator: Moporators

AndrY
38mins club
Team: .lev

Apple Cup 2018

Post by AndrY »

Apple Cup 2018
Standings and some more info.

1. Start by AY (numbered apples) ................................... 1-jblaze / 2-adi / 3-lammas [18 mins]
2. Treasures by tej (apple blocks) .................................... 1-jblaze / 2-adi / 3-Mira [30 mins]
3. Killers by AY (killer tricks) ............................................. 1-adi / 2-jblaze / 3-danitah [25 mins]
4. Quick by AY (fast lev like short ff) ............................... 1-ANATOLIY / 2-danitah / 3-lammas [3 mins]
5. Standard by Chris (standard easy norm chris lev) ... 1-adi / 2-jblaze / 3-ANATOLIY [20 mins]

6. Puzzle by AY (small hard enigmas) ............................................................ 1-adi / 2-jblaze / 3-Lousku [30 mins]
7. Unclear by AY (hidden times and random unrememberable apples) .. 1-adi / 2-jblaze / 3-Lousku [18 mins]
8. Inryoku by danitah (apples are all gravity) ............................................... 1-adi / 2-jblaze / 3-Lousku [25 mins]
9. Balletime by AY (too short battle time) .................................................... 1-adi / 2-jblaze / 3-Mira [6 mins]
10. Tight by AY (pipes) .................................................................................... 1-adi / 2-jblaze / 3-Mira [25 mins]

11. Up by Chris (uphanging) .......................................................................... 1-adi / 2-danitah / 3-pseudo [25 mins]
12. Chain (apple chain level by 13 mans) ..................................................... 1-adi / 2-danitah / 3-Lousku [1 hour]

Final results: http://eolcup.pro/tournament/gLkSKFWkFK8Mf5dJN
1-adi :beer:
2-jblaze
3-danitah
4-Lousku
5-ANATOLIY

Some more info will be soon.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am going to start Apple Cup 2018

All results will be here http://eolcup.pro

There will be 12 various short and average levels.
In each level you must take as more apples as you can (if somebody dunno). If you take an apple, it counts, and you don't have to take it in next tries. anyway its impsy to explain, need to play it at least one time and u will understand all;)

All apple battles will be started in EOL.
Levels 1-5: 16th November, Friday, 19:00 GMT
Levels 6-10: 17th November, Saturday, 19:00 GMT
Levels 11-12: 18th November, Sunday, 19:00 GMT

On each level you get some points (depending on result in it). And the final results is the sum of all your points, except points for level where you get the worst result.

Everybody have a chance to win.
Welcome to all!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One lev there will be a chain-lev
You could make a short (int08 size) apple battle lev and send in PM, discord, email until 15th Thursday.

It is really don't take a huge effort to make an apple battle lev. The more people will send, the more cool lev will be;)

edit: And, also please make start position not in the center of your part. Because it will need to connect all parts then. It would be nice to have some parts with start position in down area (it will be more hard to make ofc).

edit: no grav here

edit: you may (must) add your nickname there; and also maybe grass and pics

Attention!

You can send your part for chain-apple-level.

But you also can make and send a separate level(s) for cup.
If you really want, you must send me a message that "Im want or smth", and I will explain about how to do it (this cup takes a specific levels). And please, send all your levels until next Friday! 15th November is the last day you can send.
Last edited by AndrY on 19 Nov 2018, 18:30, edited 39 times in total.
My levs and other Elma things: sites.google.com/view/elma-andry + youtube
kuchitsu
Kuski

Re: Apple Cup 2018

Post by kuchitsu »

Maybe the name is too official? Sounds almost like "Apple World Cup", but actually it's more like "Andry's Apple Cup".

In just "Apple Cup" I would expect levels from many people imo.
AndrY
38mins club

Post by AndrY »

kuchitsu wrote: 7 Nov 2018, 14:08 Maybe the name is too official? Sounds almost like "Apple World Cup", but actually it's more like "Andry's Apple Cup".

In just "Apple Cup" I would expect levels from many people imo.
imo there weren't apple cups before, and nobody is going to organize, why not?
apple cup in this year its just a test. I think about to continue it in future according WC type, like u said. But now its seriously impsy to do it such, because almost all is done now.

if u don't like name, maybe at least "apple cup"? "andry apple cup" isn't good really:/
danitah
Kuski

Post by danitah »

Sounds awesome! If total time is over ~2.5h, two days is best. Otherwise, one day best imo.
kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

Could call it "Autumn Harvest" or something. :) I think anything will be better than simple "Apple Cup" (what's next, a battle cup called just "Battle Cup"?). Anyway, it's a very minor issue.
Bludek
38mins club
Team: CART

Post by Bludek »

good name imo
EOL top 10 kuski of 2014 and 2015.
21:03:48 <umiz> i like 99% of bludek levels
Hosp
38mins club
Team: MiE

Post by Hosp »

He's the first with the name so he decides imo
ToMaT
sunl
Kuski

Post by sunl »

AndrY wrote: 7 Nov 2018, 13:47 If you take an apple, it counts, and you must not take it in next tries.
So taken apples turn to killers if you restart level? :mrhat:

Very cool! Also name is yours :)
AndrY
38mins club

Post by AndrY »

I want to make one lev as something like a chain-lev
You could make a short (int08 size) apple battle lev and send in PM, discord, email.

It is really don't take a huge effort to make an apple battle lev. The more people will send, the more cool lev will be;)

edit: And, also please make start position not in the center of your part. Because it will need to connect all parts then. It would be nice to have some parts with start position in down area (it will be more hard to make ofc).

edit: no grav here
Last edited by AndrY on 11 Nov 2018, 11:41, edited 5 times in total.
Lousku
Kuski
Team: BAP

Post by Lousku »

If you take an apple, it counts, and you must not take it in next tries.
How does it work? You track everyone manually?
then again i don't know anything
maybe easier not to think abouut alöl things thought than not things thought ... or something..=?
Bludek
38mins club
Team: CART

Post by Bludek »

Lousku wrote: 8 Nov 2018, 10:02
If you take an apple, it counts, and you must not take it in next tries.
How does it work? You track everyone manually?
It is pretty obvious, he meant "If you take an apple, it counts, and you don't have to take it in next tries", guys. Just like in normal Apple balle. The difference between "don't have to" and "must not" might not be that obvious for non-native speaker.
EOL top 10 kuski of 2014 and 2015.
21:03:48 <umiz> i like 99% of bludek levels
AndrY
38mins club

Post by AndrY »

no no wtf! There will be USUAL apple battles!

I ever didn't want to write apple balle rules, because I think almost everybody played them. Really I didn't expect people will understand that wrong lol

thx bludek)

cool idea, sunl, btw :lol: but it will not be(
Lousku
Kuski

Post by Lousku »

maybe easier not to think abouut alöl things thought than not things thought ... or something..=?
AndrY
38mins club

Post by AndrY »

Attention!

You can send your part for chain-apple-level.

But you also can make and send a separate level(s) for cup.
If you really want, you must send me a message that "Im want or smth", and I will explain about how to do it (this cup takes a specific levels). And please, send all your levels until next Friday! 15th November is the last day you can send.
AndrY
38mins club

Post by AndrY »

Chain apple battle level already have done 8 parts. Sure there will be at least 15 parts to cup beginning. But it is too few. More people are participating in creating - more cool final level will be!

To make apple battle no need to be megacool levmaker. Make lev and send me pls)

(rules again: size = like int08 size; no grav; write nickname somewhere; start not in center)
Stooq
Kuski
Team: BBB

Post by Stooq »

Hey everyone. Andreys tournament is already on eolcup.pro tool under link: http://eolcup.pro/tournament/gLkSKFWkFK8Mf5dJN . You can see there current status and results of tournament live (results uploaded automatically after each battle from tournament is finished!). Enjoy!
"Ballad to Ramooe" http://eolcup.pro/poetry
AndrY
38mins club

Post by AndrY »

Stooq wrote: 16 Nov 2018, 18:55 Hey everyone. Andreys tournament is already on eolcup.pro tool under link: http://eolcup.pro/tournament/gLkSKFWkFK8Mf5dJN . You can see there current status and results of tournament live (results uploaded automatically after each battle from tournament is finished!). Enjoy!
YEa, results are there. top3 and extra info are here in this topic (post #1).
AndrY
38mins club

Post by AndrY »

Apple Cup has finished. And adi is a winner! :D

GZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ :beer:

(more detailed results in 1st post and in eolcup.pro)

BIG THX to chris, danitah and tej for helping making levels for cup.

BIG THX to joinee and jblaze for eolcup.pro site and huge amount of working before and during the cup.

BIG THX to mans (iCS, ANATOLIY, Chris, error, Zero, danitah, sunl, Nekit, ROKKEBOL, tej, jblaze, pseudo) who send part for chain level.

Really, I planned to make cup only with my levels (because there might be special types of levels, and hard to control all it when there are many people making) and one chain level. And thx to kuchi for critique (I agreed and little changed format), because imo really cup is more interesting when there are levels from different people.
Just not so good, that there only 4 levels are not my (too few man really wanted to make apple battles). There was some levels (Start for example) which I would change for somebody`s else.

BIG THX for all mans who was playing cup=)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chain Level
160 apples
13 mans

People who made parts (in order of sending time):

iCS: 10 apples
ANATOLIY: 12 apples
Chris: 15 apples
error: 21 apple
Zero: 18 apple
danitah: 19 apples
sunl: 5 apples
Nekit: 7 apples
ROKKEBOL: 15 apples
tej: 9 apples
jblaze: 10 apples
pseudo: 10 apples
AndrY: 9 apples

I tried to make level with ~minimum total size and ~minimum distation to every part. Ofc some parts was near start (jblaze, Chris, ROKKEBOL), some far from start (pseudo, ANATOLIY, danitah), sorry, but really it was need <20 sec to achieve each.

Parts was not changed. I deleted (added) some apples from them, if there are too many (little) of them. Also I deleted some vertexes there, but the most most unnecessary and invisible (bcz of vertexes limit).

I added some ways between parts. There were 3 very hard parts (error, Zero, Nekit). There were secondary ways from Nekit`s, sunl`s, jblaze`s parts respectively. Error`s part was the last (except mine) i added there, and I had to change enter point to it from right side to left. Btw, error`s part is only I corrected little (wall in right down corner turned), but its just to save original styles there.

Really this level wasn't successfully battled, because
1) it was too big
2) too small balletime
3) to hard spots

I think I had to ask people to send much smaller parts. But it is impsy to change something now. I am hope in next year (if there will be chain level) I (or who will organize) will consider that.

Anyway thx for making and sending parts, mans! :D

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ayAPP096.lev, ayAPP097.lev and ayAPP099.lev was planned to be in cup before topic creating. They were 3rd, 2nd and 1st (with "APPLE CUP" signature) levs at that moment.

Also there already were AC18_01.lev(separately from signature), AC18_04.lev, AC18_06.lev(partly), AC18_07.lev and AC18_10.lev

Then Chris did AC18_05.lev (such lev MUST be in every apple balle cup :> ) and AC18_11.lev uphill (after some remakes).

Dani choosed gravity type of level AC18_08.lev. Unfortunately, there were fancy boosted girls I deleted, when resaved level :( . Editors I use are too ancient and dont support so advanced things.

tej suggested and made block type of level AC18_02.lev We wanted to do it like chain team [.lev] level firstly, but then we decided to make chain lev next time as ff=).
I also did AC18_03.lev and AC18_09.lev at that time.

Order of levels and balletimes was choosed finally in cup starting day.
Chain level was finally composed in cup starting say too.

There were also ayAPP100.lev and ayAPP101.lev advertising levels before 1st and 2nd blocks of levels.

oke
Last edited by AndrY on 18 Nov 2018, 23:57, edited 2 times in total.
danitah
Kuski

Post by danitah »

I don't agree that last lev was not a 'successful battle', maybe just my opinion but I don't feel unsatisfied just because wasn't enough time to try all parts. Actually I would say there's a positive side to this also, since you can always try some part that you know for sure you didn't do, and you don't get into situation where you don't know where last few apples are. Amazing lev imo. :)
iCS
Kuski

Post by iCS »

It was great cup and the chain level looked impressive.
Elasto Mania Online - spying Apple Cup 2018 - Chain level
Lousku
Kuski

Post by Lousku »

06 was great. All appels are unique puzzles with several styles for most of them. Also cute animels.

07 was really terrible imo. Every part feels the same so it's impsy to remember which appels are taken. It would be better with half the number of appels. Wouldn't change gameplay much but you wouldn't need a co-driver to keep track. I guess this is just preference and theers no reason why appel battels can't be about memory, but I suck at it so hate.

08 lovely. No impsy tricks, all brainable. Reminds of Chip and that's nice.

04 and 09 kinda fun panic battles to mix it up.

10 pipe. I suck so hate.

11 I guess the main challenge was measuring jumps by minimap. Really hard but kinda fun for change.

12 is a nice way of having a million apels. Huge contrast to 07. Every part feels different so it's much easier to remember where you've been. I agree with dani, it wasn't "unsuccessful". Cool lev, cool logo.

Overall fun cup, need more of thise!
adi
36mins club

Post by adi »

Great cup and levels! Dividing the cup for 3 days for definitely good idea. My favourite event was probably 07, was sick surprise to see event with hidden results. I guess reasonable to have one such special event. There was nothing wrong with chain level I guess, can't expect to take all apples in every level :). Sure having less designers would probably make chain level more playable/enjoyable but it was cool experiment.
Team MiE