Foul language in EOL

Before starting a new topic read Moposite's Help and earlier topics. Note: this forum is for Elma problems, not Moposite.

Moderator: Moporators

jonsykkel
Kuski

Re: Foul language in EOL

Post by jonsykkel »

Kopaka wrote: 23 Dec 2019, 10:51 Actually when we let offensive talk fly free in the chat that is causing people to leave the community, you may not notice cus there's not a big fuss made about it, but we know it for a fact.
just 2 add a concrete xample of the oposite efect this might have: vhen juka goted baned for sum bulshit liek this he was also very close to quiting elma
pawq wrote: 23 Dec 2019, 13:17 It's not about unreasonably limiting people's freedom of expression, because that would also turn some off. It's about expecting, and requiring, respect from players towards others. And it has absolutely nothing to do with freedom of speech.
if its about expecting respect from players towards others, im expect thunder got a warning too? since anyone with working eye balls in skull can see from that chat log he was the most disrespectful to other players, teling them repeatdely to log off and beging for bans like sum 13yo boy beging for playstation 4 xmas
even after luter apologized (which he had no reason to do but did anyvay) like kuchitsu said

if you want to create a nice atmosphere where shit liek this dosent hapen maby a good start would be 2 stop generating a bunch of confusion by throwing around words liek racism every 5 seconds as if that is sum kind of rampant problem here
Last edited by jonsykkel on 24 Dec 2019, 04:53, edited 1 time in total.
status:ONLINE - - -  drinking:GOFE - - - iq:85 - - - elasto mania ranking:#1
Ruben
Kuski

Post by Ruben »

Orcc wrote: 23 Dec 2019, 09:33 Oke you win, good luck with creating EOL a welcoming atmosphere for the zero newcomers by limiting the freedom of speech and thus getting the feeling that you're a better person than the other.
To be honest, for me it's the other way round. How can we expect to welcome newcomers when they just see a bunch of slurs in the chat whenever they log on? I wouldn't be surprised if quite a large number of people got turned off by that and left forever.

And please, let's not pretend this is a freedom of speech issue. This is an "adults behaving like children" issue. You mentioned Jimmy Carr earlier, I quite like him, some very outrageous jokes. Do you honestly think he would find people going "neger" every 30 seconds even remotely funny? There's no joke here, it's just people being depressively immature.
<veezay> antti also gonna get stabbed later this month
<nick-o-matic> niec

My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.
Labs
37mins club
Team: SPEED

Post by Labs »

Ruben wrote: 24 Dec 2019, 00:02
Orcc wrote: 23 Dec 2019, 09:33 Oke you win, good luck with creating EOL a welcoming atmosphere for the zero newcomers by limiting the freedom of speech and thus getting the feeling that you're a better person than the other.
To be honest, for me it's the other way round. How can we expect to welcome newcomers when they just see a bunch of slurs in the chat whenever they log on? I wouldn't be surprised if quite a large number of people got turned off by that and left forever.

And please, let's not pretend this is a freedom of speech issue. This is an "adults behaving like children" issue. You mentioned Jimmy Carr earlier, I quite like him, some very outrageous jokes. Do you honestly think he would find people going "neger" every 30 seconds even remotely funny? There's no joke here, it's just people being depressively immature.
"I wouldn't be surprised if quite a large number of people got turned off by that and left forever."

Nah, there is some of that kind of messages here and there but it happens maybe 3-6 monthly once or rarer that someones making conversations like that (it wasnt that hearthbreaking tho, as they talked about migrants, only gradus got a bit hothead maybe, he pushed the talking into a bad ground, and ye this kind of things are not elma related, luth could been talk it in private as eol is not the place for that), there is just no new players thats all. This game is 20years old, and the ones that play it are most of them oldtimers and i cannot see anyone right now who would be a problematic guy. Maybe im not playing much nowadays and the chat just turned to racist bullshit, but i dont believe thats the case. Also the people got they warn etc (i think, didnt check), so could we just move on? Spread the love, i do it also :*
Team SPEED

kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

Ruben wrote: 24 Dec 2019, 00:02 This is an "adults behaving like children" issue.
Yeah, imo that's the gist of it and I think I can kinda relate to wanting to behave like children. The thing is, the internet used to be a playground, a Southparkland where the pools are infected with AIDS and pretty much anything is fair game. You could come here, forget about all the adult BS and just have fun. Now the world is telling us that the internet is serious business and everyone needs to be respectful all the time, but is it really true and should it apply even to communities consisting mainly of the old guard? Is it really okay for new age Arzeniks who haven't even seen the golden age of Elma to come here and force their progressive views on everyone? For some this is about a couple of bad words, for others this is about preserving the last remnants of once great civilization of gay niggers.
pawq
38mins club
Team: TR

Post by pawq »

I understand what you mean. But what makes the internet so different from the non-internet that it should be possible to insult and offend people with no repercussions?
kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

Well, the internet feels... less real? It's a bit like how you aren't allowed to kill IRL but in many MMORPGs player killing is considered okay. Norms can be different in virtual worlds, and the internet could be considered a virtual world too. I certainly perceived it as a completely separate place back in high school.

I guess the reason these discussions keep popping up recently is that nowadays real life is much more connected to the internet compared to 10-20 years ago (see social networks, political campaigns, car sharing, everything). But many people don't want to give up the romantic idea of the internet being the land of the free.
ArZeNiK
37mins club

Post by ArZeNiK »

kuchitsu wrote: 24 Dec 2019, 12:48 Is it really okay for new age Arzeniks who haven't even seen the golden age of Elma to come here and force their progressive views on everyone?
sorry if i appear as forcing that was never my intention
hi im arzenik :>
elmzuke.lev is the greatest piece of art ever created
umiz
Kuski

Post by umiz »

Just be kind.
Say n-word isnt nice.
Say log off isnt nice.
Make levels start em and play.
[i cruise, i lev, i live]
ArZeNiK
37mins club

Post by ArZeNiK »

umiz wrote: 24 Dec 2019, 23:05 Just be kind.
Say n-word isnt nice.
Say log off isnt nice.
the essence
AndrY
38mins club
Team: .lev

Post by AndrY »

Say n-word isnt nice.
Say log off isnt nice.
play your own battles isnt nice too heh
but generally true
My levs and other Elma things: sites.google.com/view/elma-andry + youtube
Hosp
38mins club
Team: MiE

Post by Hosp »

unddable reaction from Luth after getting robbed imo
also people still call me Thorze sometimes even if my nick is clearly Hosp and I would like to have those people banned please
imo this discussion very unimportant, sometimes things like these will happen, 99%+ of the time a noob logging in to elma will only see !lev -13333 and !lev 10 or NEW, NEW NOW, NOW NEW; NEW NEW,NEWNEWNEWNWW ok
ToMaT
ROKKEBOL
Kuski
Team: BAP

Post by ROKKEBOL »

Hosp wrote: 25 Dec 2019, 12:48 also people still call me Thorze sometimes even if my nick is clearly Hosp and I would like to have those people banned please

ArZeNiK
37mins club

Post by ArZeNiK »

ROKKEBOL wrote: 25 Dec 2019, 18:12 Image
i stop calling you redline87 when you stop calling me arse
ROKKEBOL
Kuski
Team: BAP

Post by ROKKEBOL »

I stop calling you arse when you stop calling Hosp Thorze.

ArZeNiK
37mins club

Post by ArZeNiK »

ROKKEBOL wrote: 25 Dec 2019, 19:01 I stop calling you arse when you stop calling Hosp Thorze.
never did that imo. ok once but he called me tgr right before
jonsykkel
Kuski

Post by jonsykkel »

Say n-word isnt nice.
Say log off isnt nice.
im basicaly agree
but ppl obviusly have sum difrences in how they think here so im think useful 2 discuss this

imo this discusion is about how ppl use language, and nathing to do with imigration, racism, blak ppl or anything like that
im assume most ppl would say language is a tool for cummunicating ideas from 1 brain to anoter
dosent it make sense then that the receiving end at least makes sum kind of attempt to understand wat the idea thats being cummunicated is??
ppls these days are not even trying, its like its not trendy or vatever to figure out the message behind wat someone are saying is and insted just look at the words themselfs and determine the intent based on the exact choise of words, which dosent make any sense
duno if noticed but ppl talk in slighly diff ways and use diff words for things
Ruben wrote: 22 Dec 2019, 23:16 ...
[16:53:43] (Luther): ye a group of cp teens

While we're at it, let's also be degrading towards people with cerebral palsy, because god knows they don't have it hard enough already.
like this kind of reaction just total vtf for me, sems kinda obv that luter is using cp as a synonym for "retard" or sumthing in this cuntext. nothing to do with actual cp kids

im cant remember this being a problem at al ~10y ago, im guess its just becuz this is wat ppl do these days (either just being lazy adn refusing to use brian or much wors: misinterpreting things on purpose to make sum kind of point / make ur self look like a great guy / vatever) and since ppl are like monkeys they imitate that without thinking

ok so i gues wat ppl are saying is that sum pplz might get hurt/ofended bla bla by reading these bad words
the way im see it, the only reason that hapens is becuz u subscribe to this dysfunctional way of "reading" where u dont even try to understand wat someone is saying
so if thats the case, it dosent exactly help when the mods tell u that thats how u should think, or else ban
its just reinforcing this cancer thinking

im understand my mongo provocative jokes dont exacly help either, its just how my brian reacts to xtreme cuntyness. im at least been cumpromising and trying 2 tone it down and keep it mostly to these zebra jokes orc was talking about becuz i understnad normal ppl dont like it 2 much. but its hardik to resist when u see these off the scale levels of cuntines. maby other ppl can cumpromise a litle too?? keep cuntyness to maximum of 75% insted of going str8 for 800%?
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

i don't understand the attitude of young generation about the reporting of their complaints to authorities
when i grew up, the kids that complained to authorities (typically teachers) were universally hated by everyone - by kids for obvious reasons and by teachers, because they had to resolve some trivial shit yet again
[carebox]
ArZeNiK
37mins club

Post by ArZeNiK »

milagros wrote: 26 Dec 2019, 00:04 i don't understand the attitude of young generation about the reporting of their complaints to authorities
when i grew up, the kids that complained to authorities (typically teachers) were universally hated by everyone - by kids for obvious reasons and by teachers, because they had to resolve some trivial shit yet again
thankfully people are starting to become normal and justice is starting to not get as looked down as before
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

ArZeNiK wrote: 26 Dec 2019, 00:21thankfully people are starting to become normal
not normal, only more like you
[carebox]
pawq
38mins club
Team: TR

Post by pawq »

Good post jon and thanks for being sensible. I agree with most of what you say, but you're missing one point about language, dunno if on purpose or not - how the language is interpreted, and how it affects others, also matters. This is something I'm struggling a bit with personally - bearing in mind that the way people receive what I say or do may be different from what I intended, and if they felt hurt or offended by what I said or did, it not being my intention is irrelevant. I'm making a conscious effort to work on this, but ofc being the triggery bitch that I am, I sometimes fail. But I think it's important to at least be conscious of this.

So you're right when you say that the primary function of language is to communicate information, but it also conveys and evokes emotions. So if you (impersonal you: anyone) learn that some part of language is likely to offend others, and if your intention is not to offend or hurt people, that part of language should be avoided, even if it's a perfectly efficient way to communicate a piece of information. Hope I made some sense.

Also:
umiz wrote: 24 Dec 2019, 23:05Just be kind.
Say n-word isnt nice.
Say log off isnt nice.
the essence
ArZeNiK
37mins club

Post by ArZeNiK »

milagros wrote: 26 Dec 2019, 02:19 not normal, only more like you
kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

complains about people not even trying to understand
@
intentionally breaks the rules of English every few words

No sympathy, sorry.
iltsu
37mins club
Team: EF

Post by iltsu »

What are rules of english?
ArZeNiK
37mins club

Post by ArZeNiK »

iltsu wrote: 26 Dec 2019, 15:40 What are rules of english?
talk like a normal human maybe in a serious conversation and not like jon who refuses to use basic grammar even in such situations
iltsu
37mins club
Team: EF

Post by iltsu »

Atleast i could understand every word he wrote, so what is so big problem there?
Bludek
38mins club
Team: CART

Post by Bludek »

jon's words have more meaning in them than words of most of the others.
EOL top 10 kuski of 2014 and 2015.
21:03:48 <umiz> i like 99% of bludek levels
Ruben
Kuski

Post by Ruben »

Indeed they do. Today I learned I'm an off the scale cunt. I'm sorry that advocating for acting like an adult offended you so much, Jon, from now on I'll just shut up.

It's high time I quit the internet and sorted my life out anyway.
<veezay> antti also gonna get stabbed later this month
<nick-o-matic> niec

My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them.
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

i have a great idea : every kuski should have some kind of social credit
you say hello or make a level, you get a point, you use foul language or offend a group non-existing in eol, you get a negative point
once you get below certain number, you are not allowed to play eol, post to lauta or have an oppinion
and others will get out of their way to make the person fired irl and report them to the police
[carebox]
jonsykkel
Kuski

Post by jonsykkel »

pawq wrote: 26 Dec 2019, 03:09 Good post jon and thanks for being sensible. I agree with most of what you say, but you're missing one point about language, dunno if on purpose or not - how the language is interpreted, and how it affects others, also matters. This is something I'm struggling a bit with personally - bearing in mind that the way people receive what I say or do may be different from what I intended, and if they felt hurt or offended by what I said or did, it not being my intention is irrelevant. I'm making a conscious effort to work on this, but ofc being the triggery bitch that I am, I sometimes fail. But I think it's important to at least be conscious of this.

So you're right when you say that the primary function of language is to communicate information, but it also conveys and evokes emotions. So if you (impersonal you: anyone) learn that some part of language is likely to offend others, and if your intention is not to offend or hurt people, that part of language should be avoided, even if it's a perfectly efficient way to communicate a piece of information. Hope I made some sense.
im agre that as a "social rule of tumb" u shouldent provoke ppl on purpose for no reason, but its a difrent thing to try to make it an actual rule

in this instance, this was a (posibly intentional) misunderstanding if u ask me (ppl confusing criticism of imigration and colorful language with racism). but even if it wasnt:
dose ppl have some kind of right 2 not be ofended?

1. that would be ridiculous, like a radio station having a responsiblity to always play music that every single listener can enjoy
if someone calls in and say they dont like this and that song pls stop pleying it, whats the logical response? would u comply with their demands, or tell them to visit a psychologist

2. u cant posibly predict wat is gona offend ppl, what emotions its gona evoke or anyhting like that, as ppl are diffrent (if u believe in that kind of thing) they react diffrently to everything. its not posible to talk about anything else than the weather without risking sum1 not liking wat u said, and it gets more and more imposible the biger the group of ppl u are talking to, so in eolchat on a active day with 30ppl pleying its not realy very realistic

3. the rule here "dont say anyhting ofensive" is so vague that u sort of have to just read between the lines and guess vat it means exactly. and so does the mods of course, so in practice u end up with these beisikly random bans and warnings every once in a while
u would think its an advantage to have rules that are so clearly writen that theres no doubt about vat they mean, so they actually can be followed and enforced consistently

the logics only seem to apply in one direction, these rules are never enforced in "my favor" for example. u cud say i get ofended when sum1 tells sum1 else to log off eol, thats almost the most cunty and destructive thing i can think of to say, but im not seeing warnings being handed out for that

so my best guess at wat that rule actualy means (usually, since it depends on whos enforcing it and their mood that day) is somthing like: "dont use the following words in the chat: nigger neger nigga faggot fag gay homo cp"
if that is somewhat gorrect, nxt question: why those words exactly? i soppose because its what overly sensitive ppl generally complain about. aka a 100% arbitrary list that can change at any moment at the whim of these aforementioned overly sensitive ppl
althoguh that would still be a beter rule than the current one, since its obvious to anyone wat it means (but new can of worms if replace leters with numbers etc. which is what ppl tend to do in chats where sach rule is automaticaly handled)

kuchitsu wrote: 26 Dec 2019, 12:59 complains about people not even trying to understand
@
intentionally breaks the rules of English every few words

No sympathy, sorry.
ArZeNiK wrote: 26 Dec 2019, 16:12 talk like a normal human maybe in a serious conversation and not like jon who refuses to use basic grammar even in such situations
case in point, ppl geting hung up in how ppl are talking and not vat they r saying
ty for the good xamples al

Ruben wrote: 27 Dec 2019, 01:11 Indeed they do. Today I learned I'm an off the scale cunt. I'm sorry that advocating for acting like an adult offended you so much, Jon, from now on I'll just shut up.

It's high time I quit the internet and sorted my life out anyway.
i was mainly talking about thunder
u are only @ a 35% or so

milagros wrote: 27 Dec 2019, 01:15 i have a great idea : every kuski should have some kind of social credit
you say hello or make a level, you get a point, you use foul language or offend a group non-existing in eol, you get a negative point
once you get below certain number, you are not allowed to play eol, post to lauta or have an oppinion
and others will get out of their way to make the person fired irl and report them to the police
dame my score would suk
ArZeNiK
37mins club

Post by ArZeNiK »

jonsykkel wrote: 27 Dec 2019, 05:40 case in point, ppl geting hung up in how ppl are talking and not vat they r saying
you're saying this as if it were the only thing from me added in the conversation so far
jonsykkel
Kuski

Post by jonsykkel »

ArZeNiK wrote: 27 Dec 2019, 09:37
jonsykkel wrote: 27 Dec 2019, 05:40 case in point, ppl geting hung up in how ppl are talking and not vat they r saying
you're saying this as if it were the only thing from me added in the conversation so far
i was responding to that post, and in that post, that was the only thing you added to the conversation
danitah
Kuski

Post by danitah »

I didn't realize how big discussion this turned in to... In my opinion it would be best if discussing politics and religion was not allowed in EOL chat at all. It's not some authoritarian rule, it's extremely common in gaming communities etc, and it makes for a better environment imo. So I don't understand why I'm in the minority of advocating for this rule. I say this as someone who likes to discuss politics, but I think it should be reserved for their own chat rooms and not allowed in general game chat.
jblaze wrote: 22 Dec 2019, 16:00 why wouldnt i call a nigger this way if they call themselves so in a non disdainful way?
The black community has reappropriated the word as a way of empowering themselves. If you understand this it should be easy to see why it doesn't work the same way when a non-black person uses it. Now I don't actually think it's a good thing that they do this. It just makes it too obtruse as to who can use it or not. Could you use it if you are of mixed ethnicity and you are 50% black? What if you are 25% black? But it's not really a relevant discussion as to whether it should be allowed to use in eol or not. It's not like we are advocating for different rules for different ethnicites.

Actually something to consider here is that it is almost guaranteed that black people has played EOL at some point. Consider the total number of registered EOL nicks, or even the number of players in the last year, and you'll statistically have a lot of black people.
kuchitsu wrote: 24 Dec 2019, 13:39 Well, the internet feels... less real? It's a bit like how you aren't allowed to kill IRL but in many MMORPGs player killing is considered okay. Norms can be different in virtual worlds, and the internet could be considered a virtual world too.
Not the greatest analogy I think... Doing physical harm to a player's character doesn't affect them physically in real life. It can be allowed or not depending on the nature of the game. You have a point that it's easy to forget that words can have an effect on others online. It's like we forget that there are actually people on the other end. People keep saying "it's just words" whenever these discussions come up. Words have meaning, people have committed suicide from online bullying, so it's an extremely weak excuse.

You'll often see different servers of an MMO with different rules and restrictions. There could be an anarchy server where there are no rules, there could be another server where it's allowed in certain areas, there could be one where you have team wars, and there could be a totally peaceful server. Point is that players can choose what kind of environment they want to play in, and that is exactly what we are doing when we make and enforce chat rules. We are not all going to agree on all of the rules, so we have to make some compromises. Not saying the N-word is an extremely easy and small step to make even if you don't agree with the rule. For example I don't agree with the "only english" rule but I still follow it myself and enforce it as a mod if it gets too out of hand.

I went on a bit of a rant here and this is not all directed directly at you kuchi...
jonsykkel wrote: 25 Dec 2019, 22:48 im cant remember this being a problem at al ~10y ago, im guess its just becuz this is wat ppl do these days (either just being lazy adn refusing to use brian or much wors: misinterpreting things on purpose to make sum kind of point / make ur self look like a great guy / vatever) and since ppl are like monkeys they imitate that without thinking
You're doing exactly what you accuse others of doing here. You say that people who have a different opinion than you are just trying to make themselves look good, instead of trying to understand what they are saying...
jonsykkel wrote: 25 Dec 2019, 22:48 ok so i gues wat ppl are saying is that sum pplz might get hurt/ofended bla bla by reading these bad words
the way im see it, the only reason that hapens is becuz u subscribe to this dysfunctional way of "reading" where u dont even try to understand wat someone is saying
so if thats the case, it dosent exactly help when the mods tell u that thats how u should think, or else ban
Ok I admit it. If someone uses the term "sand n***ers" I'm likely to come to the conclusion that hearing out what they have to say is not worth my time. I'm less likely to be sympathetic to what else they have to say. I'm going to assume they have racial prejudices, and I'm going to think less of them because of this assumption. It's usually not going to affect me personally too much, except if I earlier had a good experience with this person, in which case it's sad to see that they have this side to them.

I also admit that I can be wrong with this assumption. They could simply be ignorant and don't understand the significance of the words they are using. This is likely if they are very young.

What I mean is if I see a random comment like this in an ocean of 1000s of youtube comments, I just move on. If 90% of the comments are like this on the youtube channel of a black youtuber i like, I'm going to feel bad for them.

It's like if someone is talking down to a friend or family member, of course I'm going to be pissed at them. It's the same about going on a racist rant. I'll try my best to stay calm and deal with it in a reasonable manner. If I can I'll just try to get out of that environment to avoid spending energy on it. If I open elma and see this kind of chat what I instinctively want to do is turn off the chat or close the game. Indeed, if I start playing a new game and the first thing I see is this kind of chat I'm likely to assume that it has a toxic community and I'll never open the game again.

Maybe it was wrong of me to not be more sympathetic with Luther in this exact case, but I also think he should have worded it way differently if he wanted people to be sympathetic.

For the record I've spent about 2 hours on this relatively small post. It's a sensitive topic and I want to avoid saying something I might regret later, or that could be easily misunderstood. There are still things in here that I'm not sure whether they are the best way to say things. I'm saying this to hopefully make people understand that I really care about making the community a positive place for everyone and I would hope other people could take the same consideration.
ArZeNiK
37mins club

Post by ArZeNiK »

danitah wrote: 27 Dec 2019, 10:10 I didn't realize how big discussion this turned in to... In my opinion it would be best if discussing politics and religion was not allowed in EOL chat at all.
yeah you can spark quite the talk with a controversial enough topic

as for ban politics and religion in eol i'm not entirely for that, yes it would surely prevent a lot of things sjimilar to these but i think that would already be overdoing it and intstead generate other problems (pretty sure people would complain about free speech restriction in here osv - not as if they were completely wrong). like if you wrapped your kid in 5kg of wool so that he doesnt catch a cold in the -10C outside but then he suffocates from all the pressure and density and heat
ArZeNiK
37mins club

Post by ArZeNiK »

jonsykkel wrote: 27 Dec 2019, 09:43 i was responding to that post, and in that post, that was the only thing you added to the conversation
exactly but you should also consider that a) this is not the only thing that i've added to the conversation and b) even if that reply sounded offensive at the end of the day it really wasnt (pls dont argue over this im a mentally unstable person ok) , just suggesting that if you paid a bit more attention to your articulation people would have less trouble understanding you as you were complaining. ofc this does not make you lesser person or anything.
please dont treat this overdramatically and go into blaztekian levels of grammatical precision
ArZeNiK
37mins club

Post by ArZeNiK »

milagros wrote: 27 Dec 2019, 01:15 i have a great idea : every kuski should have some kind of social credit
seriously why do you have to drastically convert everything we say so just you have something to maniacally sarcasm about just,,,why

edit: sorry for triple post i planned to put it into 1 single post but fucked up 2x
jonsykkel
Kuski

Post by jonsykkel »

danitah wrote: 27 Dec 2019, 10:10 In my opinion it would be best if discussing politics and religion was not allowed in EOL chat at all. It's not some authoritarian rule, it's extremely common in gaming communities etc, and it makes for a better environment imo. So I don't understand why I'm in the minority of advocating for this rule. I say this as someone who likes to discuss politics, but I think it should be reserved for their own chat rooms and not allowed in general game chat.
im think its a prety horific idea to ban whole subjects from being discussed, that realy is a whole new level of unecessary censorship
common sense says u shouldent introduce a new rule without haveing a very good reason, and im dont think those things u said are good reasons:
"other communities have rules like that" - north korea has some interesting rules
"it makes for a better environment imo" - saying something doesnt make it true necessarily, in my opinion supressing discussion is a recipe for a disasterous environment, since i think discussion between ppl who disagree with each other functions like a "rubber band" (even though noone agrees in the end of any discusion, it allows ppl to understand each others perspectives a litle bit beter), so if u remove that theres not much left that prevents the differences between ppl from growing bigger

might be a good idea to ahve a separate channel that u are encouraged to take that kind of talk to if its somthing that is very often discussed, like in discunt there is lots of politics spam so its nice to have that channel so i can mute it and never read it
duno if sach is realy warranted in eol tho? this type of discusion there is prety rare
it will be posible in oke eol anyway

danitah wrote: 27 Dec 2019, 10:10
jonsykkel wrote: 25 Dec 2019, 22:48 im cant remember this being a problem at al ~10y ago, im guess its just becuz this is wat ppl do these days (either just being lazy adn refusing to use brian or much wors: misinterpreting things on purpose to make sum kind of point / make ur self look like a great guy / vatever) and since ppl are like monkeys they imitate that without thinking
You're doing exactly what you accuse others of doing here. You say that people who have a different opinion than you are just trying to make themselves look good, instead of trying to understand what they are saying...
i dident say that, i said people who misinterpret things might be doing it for one of the following reasons:
lazyness, they dont want to spend the mental energy required to decode the intended message
OR
to make sum kind of point
OR
make themselfs look like a great guy
OR
something else that i havent thoguht of (maby in some cases a sentence is worded in sach an unclear way that it really is ambigiuos vat it means)

these are all guesses since u cant realy know the motivation behind everything anyway, i dident say it was one of those in all cases, and i dont see how im not trying to understand vat people are saying, u need to clarify that for me (see, i trying!)

danitah wrote: 27 Dec 2019, 10:10 I also admit that I can be wrong with this assumption. They could simply be ignorant and don't understand the significance of the words they are using. This is likely if they are very young.
what is the significance? other than the one ppl unnecessarily create by constantly insisting this significance exists
not saying anyone is doing that on purpose, i dont think most ppl have bad intentions, but that definitly seems to be the efect it has when ppl again and again reinforce the idea in ppls heads that: this word bad and man saying it is racist, u should be outraged whenever u hear this word
it creates a problem where there doesnt have to be one
words on their own shudent have any magical significance, the message behind them shud becuz thats wat actualy reflects ppls thoguhts

ArZeNiK wrote: 27 Dec 2019, 10:34 exactly but you should also consider that a) this is not the only thing that i've added to the conversation and b) even if that reply sounded offensive at the end of the day it really wasnt (pls dont argue over this im a mentally unstable person ok) , just suggesting that if you paid a bit more attention to your articulation people would have less trouble understanding you as you were complaining. ofc this does not make you lesser person or anything.
please dont treat this overdramatically and go into blaztekian levels of grammatical precision
a) consider it considered
b) i didnt find it ofensive

if someone didnt understand something ive said so far, plz point it out and i will clarify it
noone has pointed anything out so far so im lead 2 belive my langugage has been clear enough
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

ArZeNiK wrote: 27 Dec 2019, 10:36 seriously why do you have to drastically convert everything we say so just you have something to maniacally sarcasm about just,,,why
what you now consider a maniacal sarcasm is where the society is heading
[carebox]
ArZeNiK
37mins club

Post by ArZeNiK »

milagros wrote: 27 Dec 2019, 21:52
ArZeNiK wrote: 27 Dec 2019, 10:36 seriously why do you have to drastically convert everything we say so just you have something to maniacally sarcasm about just,,,why
what you now consider a maniacal sarcasm is where the society is heading
no
society is not entirely stupid
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

ArZeNiK wrote: 27 Dec 2019, 22:37 society is not entirely stupid
you must be living under a rock
it's 2019, mate
[carebox]
ArZeNiK
37mins club

Post by ArZeNiK »

milagros wrote: 28 Dec 2019, 01:10
ArZeNiK wrote: 27 Dec 2019, 22:37 society is not entirely stupid
you must be living under a rock
it's 2019, mate
could be 1486 and society might be stupid. no correlation
didnt say not stupid at all. but not entirely. if it entirely were stupid it would already dissolve. an entirely stupid society doesnt exist
BlaZtek
Kuski
Team: CMR

Post by BlaZtek »

Orcc wrote: 22 Dec 2019, 16:05
I'm not saying that it's the only type of humor around. There are the opposite of those jokes, like in the picture below. I find that not funny at all, but I don't go around telling people that their humor is wrong.

This picture made me laf. :D
[13:22:24] (ImagebEAT) blaz super pro
[17:06:15] (ImageRamone) ok I suckj. blaz rules
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

poor zebra
[carebox]
Thunder
39mins club

Post by Thunder »

@Finman Wrong use of Ad Hominem.
TT: 39:59:70

6 World class 17 Professionals 30Good 0 Ok
FinMan
36mins club
Team: dat

Post by FinMan »

?
ribot
Not banned

Post by ribot »

Orcc wrote: 22 Dec 2019, 12:11 Elma community is not a big bunch of strangers but instead a tight knit group of people that consider every kuski a friend and can act accordingly. I don't understand how guys in their 30s have survived in their lives if they feel offended because of jokes by friends?
I had no idea about this. I wouldn't think almost anyone in the community would consider me to be their friend.
-
"leader status in the Elma against-the-system underground" - Abula
-
IncrElastoMania - Elma Simulation - Browser Game 2020
Elma Imager - Command Line Tool 2020
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

ribot wrote: 30 Aug 2020, 08:31 I had no idea about this. I wouldn't think almost anyone in the community would consider me to be their friend.
i do
[carebox]
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

milagros wrote: 7 Sep 2020, 00:22
ribot wrote: 30 Aug 2020, 08:31 I had no idea about this. I wouldn't think almost anyone in the community would consider me to be their friend.
i do
i do
John: lol hittade ett popcorn i naveln
(19:52:06) (@Madnezz) The Golden Apple Award goes to.....
(19:52:36) (@Madnezz) ib9814.lev by igge!!!
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages