Elma runs, stuck on intro screen

Before starting a new topic read Moposite's Help and earlier topics. Note: this forum is for Elma problems, not Moposite.

Moderator: Moporators

Ecchi
39mins club

Elma runs, stuck on intro screen

Post by Ecchi »

So I somewhat recenly got some new hardware and reinstalled windows.
At first elma wouldent run in windowed mode which I managed to fix, but now when I run it I just get stuck on the intro screen and nothing I do gets me out of it, the only thing I can do is X out the elma window. No key presses will register on the elma client.

Anyone have any idea for fixing? I just copy/pasted my old elma folder
RIP enthusiast claim image:(
pawq
38mins club
Team: TR

Re: Elma runs, stuck on intro screen

Post by pawq »

I know it sounds max trivial, but have you tried alt-tabbing back into it? It happened to me sometimes that elma opened out of focus, so could be that.

If it's completely frozen then first thing to try would be ddraw.dll if you haven't yet. 2 versions here:
https://elastomania.wixsite.com/tools/programs
Try one, if still doesn't work, then replace with the other. Just bear in mind that the file has to be named "ddraw.dll" and to be in the main elma folder to be used.

Never ran windowed mode so can't help troubleshooting that I'm afraid
Ecchi
39mins club

Post by Ecchi »

pawq wrote: 23 Jun 2020, 11:41 I know it sounds max trivial, but have you tried alt-tabbing back into it? It happened to me sometimes that elma opened out of focus, so could be that.

If it's completely frozen then first thing to try would be ddraw.dll if you haven't yet. 2 versions here:
https://elastomania.wixsite.com/tools/programs
Try one, if still doesn't work, then replace with the other. Just bear in mind that the file has to be named "ddraw.dll" and to be in the main elma folder to be used.

Never ran windowed mode so can't help troubleshooting that I'm afraid
Well, the win10 ddraw made elma run, but it runs fullscreen and I can't have that as it pushes everything from my main monitor over to the second monitor and causes a massive mess, the normal one makes it run in windowed mode like I want it to and it used to to before but again it just freezes on the welcome screen :(
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

If you're going for full screen make sure you're on same res as your monitor, otherwise the moving around happens.

Or you can try some of the options here, like enable windowed, or enable resolution change viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9256&p=239906
Ecchi
39mins club

Post by Ecchi »

Kopaka wrote: 24 Jun 2020, 15:44 If you're going for full screen make sure you're on same res as your monitor, otherwise the moving around happens.

Or you can try some of the options here, like enable windowed, or enable resolution change viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9256&p=239906
It kinda works in fullscreen with the "win10 ddraw" but I can't play elma in native res and I've played it in windowed mode ever since ddraw thing was first released, so I use ddraw with ddraw_windowed.txt.
Removing the windowed mode file with the "old" ddraw just removes the borders and game is still frozen.
I am unable to make it run in windowed with the win10 ddraw