Pressing several keys

Before starting a new topic read Moposite's Help and earlier topics. Note: this forum is for Elma problems, not Moposite.

Moderator: Moporators

Bogart
Kuski

Pressing several keys

Post by Bogart »

I´ve a very disturbing problem with my keyboard. Sometimes I press several keys in a move and at exact the same time I need to change direction. But the mopo just keep riding in the same direction as before. I get sick of it! It seems to happen when I press brake. But I´m not sure. Anyone familiar with the problem? Is it possible to fix this problem?

//From a very :evil: and :( elma player :wink:
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

Yeah, I got the same problem, but not so often. It's disturbing, but I guess there isn't a solve for it ;/
jonsi
Kuski

Post by jonsi »

in school ihave the same problem, I solved it by changing space to V or any other letter. There is something strange with the space but i think its also a os based problem. on my win98 which i play on it floats like water but on my xp the space button laggs often
Nothing anymore....
8-ball
39mins club
Team: MiE

Post by 8-ball »

keyboard matters too.
couldnt press more than 2 buttons at same time on my old one, now like ez 22 buttons at same time
39:37,91
Bogart
Kuski

Post by Bogart »

okey, couldn´t it be like a setting in windows were you can change how many keys you´re able to press? Just a guess...
niN
Kuski
Team: HoHo

Post by niN »

I don't think so.. only thing to do is buy a new keyboard i think.
//niN
Bogart
Kuski

Post by Bogart »

Tried to change key and it worked :) It´s a bit unusual but I will soon get used to it :P Thx for the tip!
The_BoneLESS
38mins club
Team: HHIT

Post by The_BoneLESS »

I think the problem resides entirely in the keyboard itself.

The problem is, i think, that you can't actually press 2 arrows + any other buttons at the same time with recent material. So, it would be logical that switching arrow keys to letters would solve the problem.

You can make a small test to verify what i'm saying. Hold left and right arrows in any text editing program and try to type some letters ( no letters appear in my case). Then, try to hold down two letters at the same time and then, press a third letter, or a fourth ( every caracter appears at least once, meaning all the keys were submitted to the comp ).

2 ways to solve that problem ( maybe more but... ) :

- Switch your arrow keys to any alpha-numerical keys.
- Plug-in your old keyboard ( mine which is like 6 years-old doesn't beep or anything with all arrow keys + all keyboard keys held down )
Website || TT:38:05:33 || WC5:15th || HHIT for life || 9th world wide ... BAP is next
Luther
37mins club
Team: ICE

Post by Luther »

Teh arrow keys and some other keys, like space, take up more info teh than a normal letter key. It's raelly gay that its like that, but hey, the KB makers dont really care about teh ;(
Nekit for president
John
first 35tt
Team: WNO

Post by John »

keytronic will do, at least mine does
petsen
Meetsen

Post by petsen »

whats that john ??
i can press max 3
Proud Member Of RDK
dz
first 39tt
Team: FM

Post by dz »

Keytronic, the famous elma keyboard model. I had my old with which I could press easily 15 buttons with no problems. Then it broke down.
Abula
Moposite admin
Team: FM

Post by Abula »

I bought one extra KeyTronic for reserve. Easily available in the second hand stores.
40:02,71 (151.) | WCup4: 8. | 3x WR | 3x GAA | 11x FEM | KOM | The History of Elasto Mania (1995-2018)