command line parameters

Before starting a new topic read Moposite's Help and earlier topics. Note: this forum is for Elma problems, not Moposite.

Moderator: Moporators

cpprules
Kuski

command line parameters

Post by cpprules »

i need to run elma level instantly, without selecting anything, and when level is finished i need
to know was it sucsessfull or not.
something like typing "elma.exe -level.lev" in console.
I need this for testing levels outside of elma.
lu lu lu I've got some apples lu lu lu You've got some too lu lu lu Let's make some applesauce Take off our clothes and lu lu lu
cpprules
Kuski

Post by cpprules »

can this be done somehow?
( i gues it can, 'cause i saw it in Advanced Level Editor v2.0 )
lu lu lu I've got some apples lu lu lu You've got some too lu lu lu Let's make some applesauce Take off our clothes and lu lu lu
dz
first 39tt
Team: FM

Post by dz »

I have never heard of such function. I don't know about ALE, it might be possible indeed.
Juski
Kuski

Post by Juski »

the play function in ALE only maximizes elma for me, if i have it running. I think it is possible to make a patch that work that way. ;)
No regrets Image
Are you LOST?
Domovoy
Kuski

Post by Domovoy »

there is no command line parameters in original elma
cpprules
Kuski

Post by cpprules »

bahh, i don't know how to make patch's. Could someone create a patch that runs a level and when it's finished it returns false or true.
I need this function 'cause i'm making a game that need's to run elma levels. It's gonna be console rpg, and instead of battle you would have to drive levels. The main character will be the kuski, and the world around him would be just like in all other rpg's ( Chrono Trigger, Shining Force ).
I'm gonna make loads of levels, and they will comence randomly on world map, except when fighting a boss, or doing a quest. Just imagine all the possibilites. I'm programing in VC++ .NET 2003. If anyone is willing to make the patch say so, i'l give the further information.
I have to have that patch in order to make this game. I'm not really into making patch's, just game development...
Juski
Kuski

Post by Juski »

let me get this straight: you want your game to run elma occasionally and quit it qithout you seeing the menu of elma itself?
No regrets Image
Are you LOST?
cpprules
Kuski

Post by cpprules »

yes, and also to know if the level was failed or not.
The_BoneLESS
38mins club
Team: HHIT

Post by The_BoneLESS »

If i could only have the elma code in C++, the patch would be quite easy to make ( i imagine ). I'm pretty sure everything you need is already programmed, you only have to isolate the good parts of the code.

I know milagros got the code ( i don't know if he only has the code in assembly language but, he has some kinda elma code ).

You should try to talk to him, he's the elma programmer :wink:
Website || TT:38:05:33 || WC5:15th || HHIT for life || 9th world wide ... BAP is next
dz
first 39tt

Post by dz »

The_BoneLESS wrote:If i could only have the elma code in C++
Well, that my friend won't happen be sure of that. ;)
The_BoneLESS wrote:I know milagros got the code ( i don't know if he only has the code in assembly language but, he has some kinda elma code ).
You should try to talk to him, he's the elma programmer :wink:
Yes but just to make sure there are no misunderstanding milagros naturally doesn't have the source code itself. Of course not, Balasz said he won't share it.
sierra
39mins club

Post by sierra »

Hibernatus is the elma programming god ok :/
[OMG] | [SpEF] | Apparently my TT was once 39:26:06
cpprules
Kuski

Post by cpprules »

Has Balasz stoped with developing Elma? If he has, he should share the code...
And why isn't Balasz on the forum, i want to talk to him!
dz
first 39tt

Post by dz »

cpprules wrote:Has Balasz stoped with developing Elma? If he has, he should share the code...
And why isn't Balasz on the forum, i want to talk to him!
He is developing new version of Elasto Mania and according to him it will be released soon. About his activity here, I don't know if he's ever written anything to any forum. Pretty much only way to exchange ideas with him is to mail him.
cpprules
Kuski

Post by cpprules »

well then possesing elma code is illegal!
Domovoy
Kuski

Post by Domovoy »

I can try to look at your problem closer.
It should be pretty ez to recognise command-line parameters, but there're some initializing routines during the _normal_ elma-load and i guess it will be rather hard to make patch executing all those routines. :?

btw how are you going to receive level result?
cpprules
Kuski

Post by cpprules »

return bool;
cout<<result;
something, i dunno.
Domovoy
Kuski

Post by Domovoy »

elma is not a function =) not sure if it can return smth.
cpprules
Kuski

Post by cpprules »

every game has a function that is called "main", usualy returns an int.
The_BoneLESS
38mins club

Post by The_BoneLESS »

cpprules wrote:every game has a function that is called "main", usualy returns an int.
Every main returns an int... true but, how can you know what it returns ? I don't think it would return if the level is completed or not...
Website || TT:38:05:33 || WC5:15th || HHIT for life || 9th world wide ... BAP is next
eFse7en
Kuski

Post by eFse7en »

Hmm i think that cpp may be right. Normaly main should return 1 (true) if program have been ended succesfully. But i'm not sure if it's working. I know it only by theory.
The_BoneLESS
38mins club

Post by The_BoneLESS »

eFse7en wrote:Hmm i think that cpp may be right. Normaly main should return 1 (true) if program have been ended succesfully. But i'm not sure if it's working. I know it only by theory.
The thing is that if you finish a level or not, the program will end succesfully. Losing or winning a level doesn't affect the main function ( as far as i know ), i suppose the game programmer stored in a boolean variable named for example win if the level is finished=true and if not=false.

Maybe it could work if you make a patch that would return that variable to the main. This way, the main being 0 would mean that the level was not finished.
cpprules
Kuski

Post by cpprules »

yes that is peobably the solution, but i don't have the source...
cpprules
Kuski

Post by cpprules »

I'm gonna ask Balasz to add console support, for example when you run "elma.exe -level.lev"
the game recives info through

int main(int argc, char *argv[])
{
return win;
}

and returns result, it's not gonna take a minute to code...
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

Well, good luck with that. Your wild idea seems cool. :)
dz
first 39tt

Post by dz »

Console commands in elma would be awesome. For example changing lgr would rock.
Domovoy
Kuski

Post by Domovoy »

2dz: "elma.exe blahblah.lgr" is very ez to code but i don't see much reason in it. maybe only for hardcore lgr-testers =].
anyway, if you need it, i can make the patch.
milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros »

it would be easy to do if you write file name into some file and also result will be in some file.. quite ez patch but no time now
[carebox]
ziksone

Post by ziksone »

I dont know nothing about programing but can someone tell how hard is to make a patch in witch you can rename, copy, paste delete ect. in game ?
The_BoneLESS
38mins club

Post by The_BoneLESS »

ziksone wrote:I dont know nothing about programing but can someone tell how hard is to make a patch in witch you can rename, copy, paste delete ect. in game ?
What would you want to copy/paste/etc... in-game ?
dz
first 39tt

Post by dz »

The_BoneLESS wrote:
ziksone wrote:I dont know nothing about programing but can someone tell how hard is to make a patch in witch you can rename, copy, paste delete ect. in game ?
I don't see much choices... levs & recs? :wink:
zworqy
Kuski

Post by zworqy »

The_BoneLESS wrote:
I suppose he means in te editor
<Fihlvein> another case of zworqy-is-always-right closed i guess
<yoosef> zworqy doesnt suck at anything
ziksone

Post by ziksone »

lev and recs ofcours :) ... just thought it could be useful
Juski
Kuski

Post by Juski »

not very useful ;X not really hard to alt tab to desktop and do it there, in editor it would be much more useful.
No regrets Image
Are you LOST?