"Maybe writeprotected files 1!" error

Before starting a new topic read Moposite's Help and earlier topics. Note: this forum is for Elma problems, not Moposite.

Moderator: Moporators

sierra
39mins club

"Maybe writeprotected files 1!" error

Post by sierra »

Just drove a PR on Zig Zag and when I touched the flower, this came up:

Code: Select all

Maybe writeprotected files 1!
Never seen or even heard of this error before. Obviously I am quite annoyed that I now have to beat my time again, and even scared that the error will happen again. Any advice, preferrably not from AKB, Scruffy the janitor or Igge?
[OMG] | [SpEF] | Apparently my TT was once 39:26:06
Sla
36mins club
Team: SpEF

Re: "Maybe writeprotected files 1!" error

Post by Sla »

sierra wrote:Just drove a PR on Zig Zag and when I touched the flower, this came up:
Any advice, preferrably not from AKB, Scruffy the janitor or Igge?
Oh no man what a bad feeling doing a pr and later that error.
My advice: If you will post here, try to make some laugh at readers. Select all elma files, right click, and delete. Then, if you are a cool and funny person, you will be able to play elma without errors.

xitt-
sierra
39mins club

Post by sierra »

Sla wrote:
sierra wrote:Just drove a PR on Zig Zag and when I touched the flower, this came up:
My advice: If you will post here, try to make some laugh at readers. Select all elma files, right click, and delete. Then, if you are a cool and funny person, you will be able to play elma without errors.

xitt-
Obviously, I wasn't specific enough with my list of unwanted commentators. Allow me to extend it to include the following members:

-Sla
-Mawane
-Xratio

Actually more or less everybody. Nobody is allowed to reply to this.
Sla
36mins club
Team: SpEF

Post by Sla »

sierra wrote:
Sla wrote:

xitt-
Obviously, I wasn't specific enough with my list of unwanted commentators. Allow me to extend it to include the following members:

-Sla
-Mawane
-Xratio

Bahhh wtf you must say me this before i write man.
Do you know how to delete my previous post then?
Hey sierra, i know a person who can give you some advices about this. Are they allowed too?
(lol at mawa and xratio sierra :P)
jaytea
37mins club

Post by jaytea »

your rec folder (or parent folder/s) are read only. right click the folders and disable the read only option
im pretty good at elma
Mawane
Kuski
Team: SV

Post by Mawane »

sierra wrote:
Sla wrote:

xitt-

-Sla
-Mawane
-Xratio

I like a sense of humor, I like you sierra :*
Website || TT:41:45:64 || Team Image
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198025490048]Image[/url]
Scruffy the janitor
Kuski

Post by Scruffy the janitor »

sierra wrote:preferrably not from AKB, Scruffy the janitor or Igge?
like this would do any good, quite the opposite actually
jaytea wrote:your rec folder (or parent folder/s) are read only. right click the folders and disable the read only option
i told this to jaytea and asked him to tell you. however i changed my mind about not wanting to help you directly and now im demanding a written thank you note preferably in new and dedicated topic for it at mopolauta general section.

obviously you do not posses similar high-end technical knowledge about computers as byce so i advice you not to try apply to MIT with him
Now hold on, Iron Joe...
Grace
38mins club
Location: Deep in your Imagination, Twirling your Dreams and Weaving your thoughts.

Post by Grace »

with your list of people not allowed to reply, you left me as the only active player to help you.

and i simply say: Bahahahahahaha Suck That, bitch!
Image Cyberscore! Image
Targets: 6 Legendary, 23 WC, 20 Pro, 5 Good | AvgTT: 39:59:96
sierra
39mins club

Post by sierra »

jaytea wrote:your rec folder (or parent folder/s) are read only. right click the folders and disable the read only option
Hmm. You're right, but it doesn't seem to be that simple. I right-click 'Elma' folder, un-check the 'Read Only' box, 'Apply to this folder and all sub-folders', then afterwards I right-click the folder again and the 'Read Only' box is checked again. Same happens when I do the same procedure to 'Rec' folder, 'Lev' folder, even 'My Documents' folder.

edit > doesn't matter, drove new PR and the error didn't come.
Kale
Kuski

Post by Kale »

Uncheck ALL the parent directories that have it checked....
John
first 35tt
Team: WNO

Post by John »

i have the same problem, even after unchecking the writeprotected box (did this for the whole external hd which elma is on) it still goes back to being writeprotected when i close propertieswindow ;(
Polarix
Kuski
Team: TR

Post by Polarix »

Yeah this happend with me too in late 2006. Right before the error, i overwrited the state.dat with a state.dat from another pc, but i cant believe that was the problem...