Elma 1.2 has some issues on my machine

Before starting a new topic read Moposite's Help and earlier topics. Note: this forum is for Elma problems, not Moposite.

Moderator: Moporators

Fractangle
Kuski

Elma 1.2 has some issues on my machine

Post by Fractangle »

Hi,

I have been having some trouble with the Elma 1.2 patch. I currently have Elma 1.0, and I finally decided to go to 1.2. However, when I use the patch, I follow the instructions exactly, but then when Elma starts, it's got this gray screen thing, and I can't do anything. I wasn't able to undo this, so I basically deleted it (thank goodness I backed up my files!), and now play from an executable that technically isn't recognized by my computer (because it thinks Elma was uninstalled.)

I'm running Vista (blech, but anyway), could this have anything to do with it? Also, should I reinstall it before trying again?

Thanks!

P.S. I'll be trying to fix this, so if I fix it I'll post something letting people know. Thanks again!
Sanity is a carrot. You find it green and easy to find but the deeper you go, it turns funny colors and narrows down to nothing.

~Fractangle
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

You must have done something wrong with the .res files and such.

Btw. it doesn't matter if elma is installed formally.
Fractangle
Kuski

Post by Fractangle »

I got upgraded to 1.11hb, but 1.2 still doesn't work. Does belma work on 1.11hb?
Sanity is a carrot. You find it green and easy to find but the deeper you go, it turns funny colors and narrows down to nothing.

~Fractangle
Fractangle
Kuski

Post by Fractangle »

Anybody else have any ideas about getting 1.2 to work? :(

~Fractangle
Mawane
Kuski
Team: SV

Post by Mawane »

use belma ( http://zworqy.com/belma ), its the lastest version
and replace the IP by: 213.64.95.157
Website || TT:41:45:64 || Team Image
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198025490048]Image[/url]
Antz
Donator
Team: Quack

Post by Antz »

have you tried changing the resolution in the settings? i've had grey-screen problems in elma with older LCD monitors if the resolution was bigger than the screen could handle.
Fractangle
Kuski

Post by Fractangle »

Thanks for the idea, but unfortunately I still get the grey-screen thing. I tried all resolutions from the highest to the lowest, and it still grey-screens me. However, I did see something promising, which was when I started the elma12.exe file, the background that says "elasto mania" all over it popped up on part of my screen for a fraction of a second. It was strangely colored, but still greenish. Just more of a lime green, which happens with 1.11hb when I minimize elma, start something random like windows media player, and then go back to elma.

Sorry for the long block of text!

~Fractangle
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

sierra wrote:Well son, I think the easiest solution to this conundrum is to shoot yourself.
Polarix
Kuski
Team: TR

Post by Polarix »

Zweq wrote:
sierra wrote:Well son, I think the easiest solution to this conundrum is to shoot yourself.
hehehehe i remember that one
chux
Kuski

Post by chux »

I've had that problem too, you're not alone. For me it would start up for a second, then minimize and refuse to come back. I had to click the taskbar icon a load of times (right, left, left, right, left seemed to work most) but after a reformat it was alright. Its happened a few times though, no idea what causes it.
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without their motives being questioned.
Hi! I'm a signature virus. Copy me into your signature to help me spread.
gary
Kuski

Post by gary »

I've had that problem too and it got fixed when I started Elma in windowmode with the program D3DWindower. The program is pretty old and it's in japanese, but it works fine. Don't know if it works on Vista tho, give it a try. You need to press the "+" button and find your elma.exe and then restart the program, then have elma.exe selected and press the computer icon.

http://www.megaupload.com/en/?d=BH1DQQOV
Fractangle
Kuski

Post by Fractangle »

It doesn't work right :(

I get this:

Is this just a Vista screwup? (please say yes)

Thanks for all the help so far!

~Fractangle
culinko
38mins club

Post by culinko »

try deleting state.dat and stats.txt (you can back up it if you want) and try again, maybe the problem will disappear...
Alma
Kuski

Re: Elma 1.2 has some issues on my machine

Post by Alma »

that problem have never happend to me, and i thought i experience every problem on elma there is
Fractangle
Kuski

Post by Fractangle »

Thanks for all the help! I never actually tried backing up and then deleting state.dat, but the problem somehow solved itself!

Thread closed, I guess...

Thanks again for being wonderfully helpful! :D

~Fractangle
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

Na, ez nat lock. otherwise tj can't come and dig this up in 2013.
John: lol hittade ett popcorn i naveln
(19:52:06) (@Madnezz) The Golden Apple Award goes to.....
(19:52:36) (@Madnezz) ib9814.lev by igge!!!
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

Yes, and be kind and reply to this once more so I can avoid double posting in 2013.
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

sure <3
John: lol hittade ett popcorn i naveln
(19:52:06) (@Madnezz) The Golden Apple Award goes to.....
(19:52:36) (@Madnezz) ib9814.lev by igge!!!
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages