slow rec folder!

Before starting a new topic read Moposite's Help and earlier topics. Note: this forum is for Elma problems, not Moposite.

Moderator: Moporators

Zweq
34mins club

slow rec folder!

Post by Zweq »

anyone else having problem when starting belma, that there is a 10-15 seconds load time. I have encountered the same, very long loading time when browsing to the rec folder on file system. this is why I'm _assuming_ that the problem is rec-folder loading when starting belma. Sure it has 7k recs and takes 230MB but why is the game interested about the rec folder on the startup? Sure I could move all the recs to another folder, but what if I don't want to do that?

This all happens of course only on the first time using the folder since startup
Grace
38mins club
Location: Deep in your Imagination, Twirling your Dreams and Weaving your thoughts.

Re: slow rec folder!

Post by Grace »

i have this problem loading lev folder, i'm sure it's just because of how many files need to be loaded.
Image Cyberscore! Image
Targets: 6 Legendary, 23 WC, 20 Pro, 5 Good | AvgTT: 39:59:96
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

What bothers be is the fuckin long time inbetween exiting and acutally beign able to exit - Inbetween clicking yes, and seeing that "thanks for etc" screen.
John: lol hittade ett popcorn i naveln
(19:52:06) (@Madnezz) The Golden Apple Award goes to.....
(19:52:36) (@Madnezz) ib9814.lev by igge!!!
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

You mean from double clicking belma.exe till something happens? That's really slow for me too on my laptop, not too bad on normal comp which is slower comp and have more recs o,o The exiting thing too if I remember correctly.
Zweq wrote:This all happens of course only on the first time using the folder since startup
..but maybe the difference between the two is because I rarely reboot normal comp and boot laptop all the time.
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

Kopaka wrote:You mean from double clicking belma.exe till something happens? That's really slow for me too on my laptop, not too bad on normal comp which is slower comp and have more recs o,o The exiting thing too if I remember correctly.
Zweq wrote:This all happens of course only on the first time using the folder since startup
..but maybe the difference between the two is because I rarely reboot normal comp and boot laptop all the time.
that's when it connects to ftp. my problem is when i press enter on the start screen with yellow "elasto mania" text, after pressing hard drive goes crazy for 10-15secs
Bjenn
35mins club
Team: EF

Post by Bjenn »

Zweq wrote:
Kopaka wrote:You mean from double clicking belma.exe till something happens? That's really slow for me too on my laptop, not too bad on normal comp which is slower comp and have more recs o,o The exiting thing too if I remember correctly.
that's when it connects to ftp. my problem is when i press enter on the start screen with yellow "elasto mania" text, after pressing hard drive goes crazy for 10-15secs
I have same problem.
Memphis
37mins club

Post by Memphis »

fellas I am having major facked up issues right now and it's starting to piss me off. I am runing vista (never buy it, it's shit) and on a wireless connection and for some reason when I save a rec, it is not in my rec folder. I search the hard drive and suprise suprise no where to be found. Any ideas?
Religious Man
|| TT: 37:47:70 || EX New Wave WR + Animal Farm WR || 24 Canadian Records || TEC Bronze Medal || HHIT in the 37min club || http://elastomaster.tripod.com/
||
Bismuth
Kuski
Team: <3

Post by Bismuth »

Memphis wrote:I am runing vista
I mean, what else to say?

Seriously, I don't know, I suppose there's no problem with all those administrator/read-only shits, and beyond that, I don't know. I didn't have this problem with Vista myself. But wireless connection? You mean, you use a wireless connection to play belma and save recs and all?
:mrhat:
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

Bismuth wrote:
Memphis wrote:I am runing vista
I mean, what else to say?

Seriously, I don't know, I suppose there's no problem with all those administrator/read-only shits, and beyond that, I don't know. I didn't have this problem with Vista myself. But wireless connection? You mean, you use a wireless connection to play belma and save recs and all?
how many recs do you have?

The rec folder tends to get a little slow for me as well when i have *too* many recs in it. Therefore I try to "clean" it on occasions, to make it a bit lighter.
John: lol hittade ett popcorn i naveln
(19:52:06) (@Madnezz) The Golden Apple Award goes to.....
(19:52:36) (@Madnezz) ib9814.lev by igge!!!
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
Memphis
37mins club

Post by Memphis »

ya I use a wireless connection. Sometimes it saves things to random places and vista has so much protection on it, that it's retarded. It's like an over protective mother or something.
Religious Man
|| TT: 37:47:70 || EX New Wave WR + Animal Farm WR || 24 Canadian Records || TEC Bronze Medal || HHIT in the 37min club || http://elastomaster.tripod.com/
||
Bjenn
35mins club
Team: EF

Post by Bjenn »

Vista is for nabs who doesn't know about any security so the OS have to do it for one..