nom om

Before starting a new topic read Moposite's Help and earlier topics. Note: this forum is for Elma problems, not Moposite.

Moderator: Moporators

Grace
38mins club
Location: Deep in your Imagination, Twirling your Dreams and Weaving your thoughts.

nom om

Post by Grace »

Major problem. today whilst i was at school we had a power surge. i come gome and my computer is seemlingly on endless reboot cycle -> It attempt to start windows and then show a blue page with some white code, then restarts. The blue page is only there for a split second. Any idea of how to fix the problem?

Anyways, this is why i'll be inactive until i can get it fixed.
Image Cyberscore! Image
Targets: 6 Legendary, 23 WC, 20 Pro, 5 Good | AvgTT: 39:59:96
trew
38mins club

Re: nom om

Post by trew »

This looks like the error screen?
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... P_BSOD.png

Try to see what the text on your screen says where the picture says "PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA".
&

Try to see what the error code is where the picture says "STOP: 0x00000050 (...)"

Then you can google on that.
Fucking broken image every month
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

Seems to me that whatever the error code is you always get the same result when googling it, either ram failure, driver failure or heat problem and often turns out to be neither.

I would just try to reinstall windows and see if that fixes it.
trew
38mins club

Post by trew »

Kopaka wrote:Seems to me that whatever the error code is you always get the same result when googling it, either ram failure, driver failure or heat problem and often turns out to be neither.

I would just try to reinstall windows and see if that fixes it.
Well, reinstalling windows is a big process you might not want to get into. I've solved a few problems by looking up the error code. I'd guess it's not heat, since the computer hasn't become warm when the error occurs. I'd guess some hardware error since it's rebooting at once.
totem
39mins club

Post by totem »

maybe computer has been violently shut down while it was writing data on disc
Domovoy
Kuski

Post by Domovoy »

maybe computer has been violently shut down while it was writing data on disc
yeah, it could very well be bad sector in some of system files.
ez check disk with Victoria, remap bad sectors and restore damaged files from somewhere. The problem is that this is Windows version. There is DOS version somewhere, but it is completely russian. So you'd probably have to have another computer/boot flash drive/external drive/whatever media on which you have Windows installed.
Grace
38mins club
Location: Deep in your Imagination, Twirling your Dreams and Weaving your thoughts.

Post by Grace »

Yes, that is the error screen.

Dad is going to have a look tonight, i'll try and get a pic of the error screen before it dissappears.
Image Cyberscore! Image
Lee
37mins club

Post by Lee »

that is why windows sucks. that, and infinite other reasons
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

Windows is not bad. I assume you are just some alternative-os fanboy who thinks you're cool cause you use some other os.
John: lol hittade ett popcorn i naveln
(19:52:06) (@Madnezz) The Golden Apple Award goes to.....
(19:52:36) (@Madnezz) ib9814.lev by igge!!!
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
trew
38mins club

Post by trew »

Igge wrote:Windows is not bad. I assume you are just some alternative-os fanboy who thinks you're cool cause you use some other os.
Actually, windows IS bad compared to other OS's. It's just that most of the great programs (and games!) can't be used on other than windows. :cry:
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

Phlaim wrote:OS's
Your argument is invalid.

Still, I wonder what OSs you compare Windows to in order to make such a statement?
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
trew
38mins club

Post by trew »

Igge wrote:
Phlaim wrote:OS's
Your argument is invalid.

Still, I wonder what OSs you compare Windows to in order to make such a statement?
Linux and Mac OS X
which is the only except for windows that I've used.

edit: and when I mean 'bad', I'm talking mostly about stability, which is what I value most in an OS.
ville_j
Kuski
Team: IS

Post by ville_j »

I haven't had any stability issues in years in Windows environment, so I don't know what you're talking about. Maybe it's the fact that most of the times I know what I am doing, keeping my computer safe, clean, updated... taking care of it. And yes, I am doing a whole lot more than just playing Elasto Mania and surfing around the Internet.
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

Windows is, like Ville J pointed out, just "unstable" if you don't know how to use it properly.
Chris
Kuski
Team: Ferrari

Post by Chris »

I'm using Vista for about 2 years and it never crashed. I only have issues when I run some games on steam and with ridiculously long booting. I'm getting Windows 7 soon.

Linux is cool etc but I can't run most of stuff I need, so it's useless for me. Mac OS is good, but it's expensive and you have to pay for service packs.. :|
Lousku wrote:could you mayke shorter sig please :( mega annoying and also against rules :()
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

Windows 7 has ridiculously fast booting! <3
trew
38mins club

Post by trew »

Igge wrote:Windows is, like Ville J pointed out, just "unstable" if you don't know how to use it properly.
That's not true. I know perfectly what I'm doing with my computer and when my computer hangs or a bsod comes up I know it's not my fault. I havn't tried windows 7 yet tho.. I've heard from ppl that it's good and much better than XP and Vista.
Grace
38mins club

Post by Grace »

I haven't had any errors or BSOD's since pre-XP (other than this one.) -> It took me less than 20 seconds to crash the MAC OS i used at school and my experience with linux say's that it's too slow. (Although it was a crap processor in a computer i built from scratch at school. Including formatting.)

Windows does not crash if you have any ounce of a clue how to run a computer.

Anyways, if i reformat - is windows 7 as good as some have been saying? I want to know if it's worth upgrading from XP (which i love.)
Image Cyberscore! Image
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

Yes, yes, yes! W7 is awesome.

I used xp for many, many years before I finally, reluctantly, upgraded. But now that I have w7, I couldn't for the life of me return to xp. W7 is way better.
pawq
38mins club
Team: TR

Post by pawq »

hard to compare systems at all, all of them are far different, i prefer windows cuz of games and ease of use :>
Grace
38mins club

Post by Grace »

for anyone who gets this error in future:

problem was some hard drive fail we presume was caused by the power surge (ie. Disk was in the middle of writing/using some file and power cut off.) - the file the startup would freeze on was "JGOGO.sys" we solved it by usind windows xp sp3 recovery console disk, this code: "Chkdsk /p /r" - left it for several hours and it fixed the problem.
Image Cyberscore! Image
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

Yes, this topic ended up being a OS-bashing competition, but what usually is the problem with any os is hdd failure. I have had my own share of those. As for stability; it is known that UNIX-based systems endure much more ontime that windows os'es. Whatever else you do with your computer affects the stability of the system too; windows has a higher chance for being fucked with from another computer, because of the "flawed" registry. Ofcourse, if you act like a dumbfuck and delete some files as a root in linux, your system could be fucked beyond recognition.

Either way, my linuxes last a lot better than my windowses, but I think they all suck; computers just aren't as perfect as a piece of paper, your own brain and plain utensils.
trew
38mins club

Post by trew »

teajay wrote:Nice text
I believe there's much to that. Got to think that maybe it's not windows on my computer that is causing the problems but some hardware...
ville_j
Kuski
Team: IS

Post by ville_j »

Paper is much better than a computer, because if you write something on the paper (with ballpoint pen) you just can't erase it. Unlike if you use computer and you can just delete it :( Hdd's should have some kind of printer to save all the data, so it would be much safer.
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

You can destroy a piece of paper easily as well.
Bjenn
35mins club
Team: EF

Post by Bjenn »

Windows is nice, Linux is nice, Mac OS is for children and women according to my teacher =D

Anyway i think Linux is quite far behind in graphical way, but not everyone cares about that, I'm still using XP for example, love it.
NoZKeY
Kuski

Post by NoZKeY »

I use XP too, it rocks so much and uses just a few resources.
Haruhi do you get this screen?
Grace
38mins club

Post by Grace »

Phlaim wrote:This looks like the error screen?
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... P_BSOD.png

Try to see what the text on your screen says where the picture says "PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA".
&

Try to see what the error code is where the picture says "STOP: 0x00000050 (...)"

Then you can google on that.
this.
Image Cyberscore! Image