Managing elma library

Before starting a new topic read Moposite's Help and earlier topics. Note: this forum is for Elma problems, not Moposite.

Moderator: Moporators

H2O2Manden
Kuski
Team: EMA

Managing elma library

Post by H2O2Manden »

Hi guys,

I've been trying to find another post on this topic, but without luck (though I'm certain other people must've had the same problem before). Can anyone help - how to keep the hundreds of .lev and .rec files in some kind of system. Does anyone have a good system going for this? Maybe even a clever way of cleaning up and deleting files without removing the "good" ones.

I'm open for suggestions.

- Vandmand
I invented the flying saucer!
Zweq
34mins club

Re: Managing elma library

Post by Zweq »

What I do is archive lev / rec folders every now and then, for example I have lev2007-2009, rec2007-2009 folders, but still I sometimes find myself searching for a missing rec or lev. I don't think there's a good way doing this.
jonsykkel
Kuski

Post by jonsykkel »

status:ONLINE - - -  drinking:GOFE - - - iq:85 - - - elasto mania ranking:#1
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

jonharkulsykkel wrote:ELMANAGER by smibu
http://users.jyu.fi/~mikkalle/Elma/
But when you make some search in that you can't choose to copy those to some folder outside lev folder for example, right?

That would be neat addition to it, aswell as something to save those searches so you can easily select to get the levels back in lev folder.
Madness
35mins club

Post by Madness »

It's good to go through all the recs and do a manual clean-out sometimes. There's a good patch from Smibu which allows you to delete recs ingame. Also it's helpful to sort out the recs into Internal and External recs beforehand (with ReplayManager). Also I would recommend you use some software for finding duplicated recs, e.g. CloneSpy. First time I tried it I was pretty surprised how many useless duplicates there were.
Last edited by Madness on 10 Nov 2011, 02:30, edited 1 time in total.
Mawane
Kuski
Team: SV

Post by Mawane »

Madness wrote:
Kopaka wrote:
jonharkulsykkel wrote:ELMANAGER by smibu
http://users.jyu.fi/~mikkalle/Elma/
But when you make some search in that you can't choose to copy those to some folder outside lev folder for example, right?
You can. :)
Elmanager is focused on replays and level editing, not much level managing. I know how to do what Kopaka talked about for replays, but levels, I don't know. Smibu started LevelManager (external program) that could find duplicate levels and specific level searches. I don't know how you can make that kind of level managing you are talking about, can you explain plz?
Website || TT:41:45:64 || Team Image
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198025490048]Image[/url]
Madness
35mins club

Post by Madness »

Oh, I'm sorry, I overlooked that Kopaka was referring to the levels.