FPS & Res. problem

Before starting a new topic read Moposite's Help and earlier topics. Note: this forum is for Elma problems, not Moposite.

Moderator: Moporators

Bjorn
Kuski

FPS & Res. problem

Post by Bjorn »

Hi!

So not everybody know who I am. Not that it matters, but I understand there are two "Bjorn" now. And I am the "old" one.

Anyways. I started playing elma again the other day and now I have EOL installed because I heard that only times done with EOL will count. And since I'm a warmup nerd I want to try and improve my time there. But there are some problems:

*With EOL I get really horrible lag/fps even when playing offline. How do I resolve this?

*I want to use atleast res. 1600*1200 with 3x zoom. But maximum res I can choose is 1024*768 and max zoom I can use is 1.75x. Anything above that and the game crashes when I press "play" (Sorry, internal error.
) How can I fix this?

BTW, my monitor is a 16:10, 1920*1200. And I have tried changing fps settings without luck. Including disabling FPS limit.

My old Elma 1.2 plays fine and super smooth.

Any help would be appreciated. :beer:
WarmUp 14:30 without Alovolt. 14:05 WITH Alovolt.
Hosp
38mins club
Team: MiE

Re: FPS & Res. problem

Post by Hosp »

What, you're not Bjenn who nicked Bjorn before? o,o Then I PMed wrong before, sorry.
ToMaT
anonymous32
Kuski

Post by anonymous32 »

There are two bjoerns? That's news. 8O
abruzzi
Kuski

Post by abruzzi »

but this is real oldschool bjorn. bjenn is just an unwanted newcomer
<Pawq> at a gym you have only 3 options: 1. have your eyes closed, 2. stare at yourself, 3. stare at others, all of which are either super boring or disgusting
Bjorn
Kuski

Post by Bjorn »

Ok.. So I have pretty much solved it... Have found resolution and zoom that works.

Even though I would prefer other resoltions.. But this will do =)
WarmUp 14:30 without Alovolt. 14:05 WITH Alovolt.
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

are you the bjorn who had the WR on warm up like 10 years ago?
TT: 36:59:53 || Avg TT: 38:09:65
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

that bjorn signature reminds me of the early days without all the necessities and how wrs werent really ever bad, only tools got better and styles too, maybe a bit of skill too ;) first hib patch(es) 1. alovolt 2. merge replay (often forgotten and extremely helpful) 3. centered camera. Then later fps limiter... and apple times (minor). Then public saveload, obviously a big thing. What's the next tool / patch that helps cut some more seconds? maybe fps switching during ride or bug bounce helper

/random rant
abruzzi
Kuski

Post by abruzzi »

ez "bounce trainer" so that every properly made bounce gains the same percentage of energy conservation as stini's bounce (81%?) ez legal and simply helpful, heard smibu works on that one already
<Pawq> at a gym you have only 3 options: 1. have your eyes closed, 2. stare at yourself, 3. stare at others, all of which are either super boring or disgusting
culinko
38mins club

Post by culinko »

Zweq wrote:that bjorn signature reminds me of the early days without all the necessities and how wrs werent really ever bad, only tools got better and styles too, maybe a bit of skill too ;) first hib patch(es) 1. alovolt 2. merge replay (often forgotten and extremely helpful) 3. centered camera. Then later fps limiter... and apple times (minor). Then public saveload, obviously a big thing. What's the next tool / patch that helps cut some more seconds? maybe fps switching during ride or bug bounce helper

/random rant
toggle ghost bike - dimmed bike from the replay cruising in the background :F DO WANT!
Grace
38mins club
Location: Deep in your Imagination, Twirling your Dreams and Weaving your thoughts.

Post by Grace »

Welcome back, Bjorn!
Image Cyberscore! Image
Targets: 6 Legendary, 23 WC, 20 Pro, 5 Good | AvgTT: 39:59:96
Lousku
Kuski
Team: BAP

Post by Lousku »

CuLiNo wrote:toggle ghost bike - dimmed bike from the replay cruising in the background :F DO WANT!
Hev had this in mind. You could pick the recs to ride along as ghosts. Potentially really helpful, at least for nat-world class riding.
then again i don't know anything
maybe easier not to think abouut alöl things thought than not things thought ... or something..=?
anpdad
38mins club

Post by anpdad »

There is fps changing in the middle of the run already btw, but not for eol, only for elma12. Such things are allowed and not considered a tools-assistance in quake/hl scenes and are used quite often for certain tricks. Wonder how would people react if one day such tool for eol becomes public in our scene.
EDIT: Also, welcome back Bjorn. Feels so good to have old guys come play again :>
anonymous32
Kuski

Post by anonymous32 »

CuLiNo wrote:toggle ghost bike - dimmed bike from the replay cruising in the background :F DO WANT!
This would be such a killer feature.

DO WANT DITTO DILDO
badyl
37mins club

Post by badyl »

If we talk about new options and improving elma, i would like something like instant turn (no animation).
Hosp
38mins club
Team: MiE

Post by Hosp »

Yes no animation when turn like Badyl said!
ToMaT
Igge
38mins club

Post by Igge »

I don't see how that would be an "improvement"? It's not like the turn isn't instant just because the animation isnt? And you know instinctively how the head will look when you turn, so you don't really need to see it immediately.
John: lol hittade ett popcorn i naveln
(19:52:06) (@Madnezz) The Golden Apple Award goes to.....
(19:52:36) (@Madnezz) ib9814.lev by igge!!!
Zweq wrote:99.9999% of nabs haven't even opened the book yet and most of those that have are still on the first pages
badyl
37mins club

Post by badyl »

Of course it would be easier to see the head after turn rather than feel it instinctively.
abruzzi
Kuski

Post by abruzzi »

i think the minor patches like that are already existing somewhere, at least sure that some memphis or lukazz used to use a no-delay-after-dying one
pawq
38mins club
Team: TR

Post by pawq »

There was some version of belma or sth without that animation, but i remember stopping to use it very fast, it was kinda annoying
abruzzi
Kuski

Post by abruzzi »

Pawq wrote:stopping to use

stopping using it, not stopping to use. u said like you were going along the street and stopped going just to do something... pwawQ ,,, youre gonna be an englishman sooon!1 for gods sejk1!!
abruzzi
Kuski

Post by abruzzi »

abruzzi wrote:
Pawq wrote:stopping to use

stopping using it, not stopping to use. u said like you were going along the street and stopped going just to do something... pwawQ ,,, youre gonna be an englishman sooon!1 for gods sejk1!!

edit: http://www.angielski.edu.pl/bledy_w_ang ... 19922.html

edit2: watefak i meant EDIT not QUOTE !!! see how you made me into such a STATE, PAQQW!!!
Lousku
Kuski
Team: BAP

Post by Lousku »

Removed turn animation was available for belma, yeu. I think Smibu made it.
then again i don't know anything
maybe easier not to think abouut alöl things thought than not things thought ... or something..=?
badyl
37mins club

Post by badyl »

Plz give link
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

-no delay from death/flower was simply not thought through properly, xiit in 1htt.
-no animation dunno.
-ghost rider, sure would be great for battles and pretty muuch any lev you are in the learning process with. But when you have the styles right, it would be a nuisance.
-for uber wr tt improving the multiple fps / ride is pretty much the best idea i can think of. And it could even realistically be implemented because you can theoretically do it already by slowing the cpu(somehow). Every wr could be beaten more easily because win 0.01-0.02 in start with 30fps 8)

offtopic mutch? :D
pawq
38mins club
Team: TR

Post by pawq »

Zweq wrote:-for uber wr tt improving the multiple fps / ride is pretty much the best idea i can think of. And it could even realistically be implemented because you can theoretically do it already by slowing the cpu(somehow). Every wr could be beaten more easily because win 0.01-0.02 in start with 30fps 8)
elma DRS? :u
culinko
38mins club

Post by culinko »

Zweq wrote:-ghost rider, sure would be great for battles and pretty muuch any lev you are in the learning process with. But when you have the styles right, it would be a nuisance.
that's why i said "toggle". like a keybind.
anonymous32
Kuski

Post by anonymous32 »

CuLiNo wrote:
Zweq wrote:-ghost rider, sure would be great for battles and pretty muuch any lev you are in the learning process with. But when you have the styles right, it would be a nuisance.
that's why i said "toggle". like a keybind.
That is what I was going to write. Some old-time posts, just for the (insert adjective here) sake of it:
Toaster wrote:Autosave the best ghostrun on each level.
RedRob wrote:This is the only way you can actively compete with your best score.
Bludek
38mins club
Team: CART

Post by Bludek »

this topic went off-topic rly quickly.
EOL top 10 kuski of 2014 and 2015.
21:03:48 <umiz> i like 99% of bludek levels