Golden Elma

Before starting a new topic read Moposite's Help and earlier topics. Note: this forum is for Elma problems, not Moposite.

Moderator: Moporators

Lukazz
36mins club

Golden Elma

Post by Lukazz »

lately (last week or two) i've been getting golden elma like every 5 or 10 minutes. it's very fucking annoying and it's impsy to hoyl.
i think i've read in the EOL chat a few weeks ago, that someone has the same problem. anyone has an idea where that's coming from?
TT: 36:59:53 || Avg TT: 38:09:65
Kortsu
Kuski

Re: Golden Elma

Post by Kortsu »

I used to have golden elma basically all the time. I think it was because Windows popped up message about ip conflict every few minutes. New window may cause it or something related to it.
Mawane
Kuski
Team: SV

Post by Mawane »

I would suggest you to play windowed, I never get golden elma since I do, even in the intro screen when starting the game. but the golden elma is probably happening because of a process conflicting on your computer with elma.
Website || TT:41:45:64 || Team Image
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198025490048]Image[/url]
jblaze
38mins club

Post by jblaze »

make a hotkey of ctrl+F12 (no, it doesnt disconnect) under your gas button, easiest solution unless you hoyl no-gas records :p
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.
(Devann) u are the master of your own universe. remember that
Orcc
Moporator
Team: IS

Post by Orcc »

Except when you're holding throttle when it happens? I have an individual hotkey for the palette fix nearby, so I can hit it quickly when needed. I don't know what causes it for me, but sometimes some program goes berzerk and fucks up my colours like every second, then Elma gets quite unplayable even with the fix key. Once every 5 - 10 mins doesn't sound that bad.
NoobSty2-competition

"If you're afraid of pedophiles - grow up"
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

I experienced color palette glitches, when I had my desktop wallpaper changing over time. Every time my WP changed, the elma went golden. Turn it off if it is your case, and you are OK.
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

jblaze wrote:make a hotkey of ctrl+F12 (no, it doesnt disconnect) under your gas button, easiest solution unless you hoyl no-gas records :p
ha, interesting idea. might try that. thanks.
Bjenn
35mins club
Team: EF

Post by Bjenn »

Probably some background process causing it, find it and eliminate it.
Try shut programs you usually use down one by one to see if it is any of them (skype can be evil for example).
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

Mawane wrote:I would suggest you to play windowed, I never get golden elma since I do, even in the intro screen when starting the game. but the golden elma is probably happening because of a process conflicting on your computer with elma.
can you explain how the windower works? i have no idea what to do, i only see signs.
ok, found there's an english version already. but it lags a little and feels like my FPS is like 100 or so.
Mawane
Kuski
Team: SV

Post by Mawane »

To use the windower:
click on the +
open eol.exe
close D3DWindower
open D3DWindower
double-click eol.exe
(it will use resolution you set in eolconf.exe)

For better fps:
lower resolution
you can stretch window in D3DWindower settings by writing wanted resolution, but its like stretching an image with Paint
D3DWindower requires some decent computer to run smoothly, at least golden elma bug is removed
Website || TT:41:45:64 || Team Image
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198025490048]Image[/url]