Not run as administrator - times & replays lost?

Before starting a new topic read Moposite's Help and earlier topics. Note: this forum is for Elma problems, not Moposite.

Moderator: Moporators

Bolatsi
Kuski

Not run as administrator - times & replays lost?

Post by Bolatsi »

Hi,

I've been playing Elma now after a long break. I used to play earlier on my previous computer. Now I completed all the internal levels and maybe even improved my all time records, but it seems that the game hasn't even created state.dat or stats.txt since I've not run it as an administrator. I'm using Win 7 home edition. Now I ran the game as an administrator and got the state.dat and stats.txt but all the times and replays are lost. However if I run the game as not being an administrator it still has the times and recs. Am I able to save those times and replays I made while playing not as an administrator? Where are those times stored, since they are not in state.dat?
Orcc
Moporator
Team: IS

Re: Not run as administrator - times & replays lost?

Post by Orcc »

You must have state.dat there because you have visible times in-game. The files could be hidden when you are not logged in as an administrator, but it sounds strange that you can create a new state.dat when logged in as admin. Maybe you have Elma in My Documents or a folder like that, which is private for every user?
NoobSty2-competition

"If you're afraid of pedophiles - grow up"
Bolatsi
Kuski

Post by Bolatsi »

It is really strange, but that's how it is. Elma is installed in "c:/Program Files (x86)/ElastomaniaRegistered". I don't understand where the state.dat and rec's are stored, since there are no signs in any temporary or user folders...
kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

Well, are you able to perform a search?
Bolatsi
Kuski

Post by Bolatsi »

kuchitsu wrote:Well, are you able to perform a search?
Thanks!

There was a folder: "C/User/xxx/AppData/Local/VirtualStore/Program Files (x86)/ElastomaniaRegistered", and there were the files.

I feel stupid now, thanks for that.
roope
37mins club
Team: MiE

Post by roope »

Good opportunity for advertising: you might want to try the multiplayer version of Elma, Elma Online. EOL is the focal point of the Elma scene nowadays. You can play against other players and start your own levels as battles for others to play :)

Here's an installation guide: http://wiki.elmaonline.net/Installing_EOL
Team MiE - MiE Cup 1
Prestigious member of 14.6x Tutor14 club
Polarix
Kuski
Team: TR

Post by Polarix »