Criterias for being able to vote in KOM?

Everything about Moposite. Wishes for new sections / updates etc. Please tell all bugs, errors you've found. Help us.

Moderator: Moporators

SveinR
Moporator

Criterias for being able to vote in KOM?

Post by SveinR »

Ok, so a lot of people have suggested a different system for being able to vote in the KOM polls. These suggestion have pretty come in different KOM threads, so I've decided to create a thread only for discussion about this, so it won't get too spread over many threads. Also, people will perhaps notice the suggestions more if they are in their own thread?
Was it cast for the mass who burn and toil?
Or for the vultures who thirst for blood and oil?
Rules | FAQ
Juski
Kuski

Post by Juski »

The titel 'beginner kuski' and 'kuski' is based on post count (i assume). So thoose titels would be logical to vote in kom, huh??
No regrets Image
Are you LOST?
jonsi
Kuski

Post by jonsi »

we should create a list of those who can vote.
everybody who is active or accsepted as a kuski.ofcuz it would take some time and it would require regular updatesbut it would work(atleast i think)
Nothing anymore....
Karlis
Höylä Optimus

Post by Karlis »

some post limit would be good I think, something like 100 posts, would drop the phantoms quite easy
Tomorrow's Lucky Run Solutions Today
Flowertouching Men
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

Karlis wrote:some post limit would be good I think, something like 100 posts, would drop the phantoms quite easy
100 posts is quite a lot actually, people like psy, px and tor would then not be able to vote. It seems clear that a seniority and "given especial permission to vote" would be needed in order for a system like this to work properly. And still, I fear it wouldn't be all fair.
Rules | FAQ
Ky.Jelly
Flood to teh MAX

Post by Ky.Jelly »

make it so they must have been registered before the nominees are posted, as some one said, there are plenty of people that dont post and thus a post limit would be kinda rude, definatly a time limit me thinks
[10:51:18] <skint0r> i could SACh see KyJelly working at ICA ;D
[10:51:37] <skint0r> "vad kostar denna?" "wtf ch0b0"
Thursday, March 2nd 2005, 0942 i was 3333 [4.43% of total / 3.25 posts per day]
chux
Kuski

Post by chux »

I think an updated list of names allowed to vote would work best...
If some people are given special treatment, surely the non-posters should be deleted as well...? About 700 less registereds then
100 posts isnt that many really, and maybe people with less are less interested in the scene? Probably not
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without their motives being questioned.
Hi! I'm a signature virus. Copy me into your signature to help me spread.
The_BoneLESS
38mins club
Team: HHIT

Post by The_BoneLESS »

I think anyone with more than 20 or 30 posts... hey, The_OooO couldn't vote :?
Website || TT:38:05:33 || WC5:15th || HHIT for life || 9th world wide ... BAP is next
Karlis
Höylä Optimus

Post by Karlis »

its not going to be fair in any case, 100 posts was only a suggestion, seems like around 20 its going to be then (which isnt too high, so ez create phantom voters, just go and post to few non elma thread something meaningless)
KyFarmer wrote: make it so they must have been registered before the nominees are posted, as some one said, there are plenty of people that dont post and thus a post limit would be kinda rude, definatly a time limit me thinks
so all old phantom users would be allowed to vote? Thats not a good solution imo
Tomorrow's Lucky Run Solutions Today
Flowertouching Men
m0nkeii
Kuski

Post by m0nkeii »

50 post limit and list of improtant kuskis with less than that
Image Click the m0nkeii! Click it! | A
| tt=47:31,02 | wc4= 100th |
sierra
39mins club

Post by sierra »

it's easy, rather than search for some kind of law of voting, simply use pragmatism.

in just the same way as we could all watch a bounce and say if it's bug or not, the moderators should just say at the time which votes are allowed or not. web forums are not designed to be democracies - let the dictators decide!
[OMG] | [SpEF] | Apparently my TT was once 39:26:06
chux
Kuski

Post by chux »

I think maybe even a 1 post count limit would work. All of these new 'pr0n phantoms' dont post at all, and the people that post once in 'Problems' still count as kuskis...so maybe after your first post your account gets 'activated' to be allowed to vote in KoM
I dream of a world where chickens can cross the road without their motives being questioned.
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

chux wrote:I think maybe even a 1 post count limit would work. All of these new 'pr0n phantoms' dont post at all, and the people that post once in 'Problems' still count as kuskis...so maybe after your first post your account gets 'activated' to be allowed to vote in KoM
This could work. Then (if possible), the admins could undo someone's permission to vote if the user is a phantom (which should be easy enough to find out after the user has first made a post. Except that that post could come from somewhere else than the user's usual IP though..).

Nothing works completely, I guess. The system we have now has been for two years. Will another system based on the suggestions you have come with here, really be better? I guess it needs quite a lot of thinking.
Rules | FAQ
chux
Kuski

Post by chux »

But how many IP addresses do normal people have? Home, work, maybe school too...then maybe another parents house...after that its friends houses...
Still, my point is that whoever is 'rigging' the contest would have to really put a lot of effort into doing it.
I dunno, Im sure whatever you choose (if anything) itll be thought over a lot and will be a good decision, if not the right one
Abula
Moposite admin
Team: FM

Post by Abula »

Not possible with Mopolauta to do some post limit to allow users to post. But we could just one by one allow users to vote in Polls forum. The rest could only read. But how would we choose the users who are allowed and who will edit their user details? Not me, at least not now.
40:02,71 (151.) | WCup4: 8. | 3x WR | 3x GAA | 11x FEM | KOM | The History of Elasto Mania (1995-2018)