style inventors

Everything about Moposite. Wishes for new sections / updates etc. Please tell all bugs, errors you've found. Help us.

Moderator: Moporators

aavv
Kuski

style inventors

Post by aavv »

I think a cool idea would be to make a section of moposite where the inventors of internal wr styles were listed down. It would be a way to write down elma-history, allow praising for people that invented stuff and many times are unknown (i read the other day in that #elmaquiz thing that cubein invented some style, had no idea before, thought he was really new to the scene f.ex.), and surely it could encourage people to share recs with new styles.

Way things could run:
- on obvious styles, like hb pipe and so, credit would go to 1st to have wr with it
- on not so obvious styles, like mila's curva, both inventor and wr taker would be named (in this case, same guy)
- only styles that have already been accomplished would be listed
- if no-one's certain about who made the style, person to 1st take wr/spread rec in lauta with style will take the credit

What do you people think?
aavv
Kuski

Post by aavv »

To invent a style is not to think of a route, it's to get a way to do it IMO.

now of course you can never define strict rules to what is a diff style and what isn't. A good way to separate would be maybe on a "different route" basis, if you want to get things very strict. Where there's a new route, there's a new style. Or in a different way of doing same route basis if you do not want to be that strict. Importance on the level could be important too, like Zsolt's FT style is a diff style, but what to say about brutal vs bounce in AH? I would maybe consider it a style but maybe others wouldn't.

So 1st things 1st, at the very beginning one could just include more obvious things (like AH one way, upside down hang, eventualy pipe bounce when made with your style) and later decide what is/was a new style in the harder issues.

03 twin peaks
style inventor: Abula (thought of it, spreaded rec containing teh);
style doer: raider with 19,38

33 zz
style inventor: don't remember now, someone spread rec in lauta death at 1.00.xx in fall to flower bounce
style doer: ramone 1.00.94

So yeah, if you got a way to do pipe bounce and public it, you get your name there. That's why that new section could work as a cataliser for new wrs
Abula
Moposite admin
Team: FM

Post by Abula »

Cloud says he and mz found the Twin style before me. They just didn't tell anyone about it. This is a problem.

Same with Steppes. Karlis invented Steppes 12 secs style in the first AC-Meat but he never made it. Then me, maybe after a year, invented the same style without knowing that Karlis had invented it already. I drove it neither but gave the style to Markku who got the first WR with the style.
40:02,71 (151.) | WCup4: 8. | 3x WR | 3x GAA | 11x FEM | KOM | The History of Elasto Mania (1995-2018)
aavv
Kuski

Post by aavv »

Well, if you define basic rules there wont be a problem.

Question is not who tried smtg or spoke about smtg first, but rather who made some wr style to become done.

First person to publish a rec, wr or not, showing how some style can be acomplished gets the gold. Twin peaks would be indeed Abula's style, for ex.

If wr taker credits someone as the style inventor, that person will be credited. Ex. IRK's AH, conceived by two other people, i don't remember who they were now.

Of course that if you go way back it will be quite hard to prove whatever, but still most styles can be linked to somebody i guess. Even without all past wrs, old wrs section is quite cool.
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

zig zag is a problematic case, who invented what parts really? first time i saw the brutal + mid bounce style from zeizei's rec, but he didnt go straight right over the /\, so i went over it and used zeizeis route (yes i say zeizeis cus i saw it first time from his rec). Later on i gave some fuck up rec to ramone where i went straight over /\, but fucked end or something, then he said he knew it already and drove the wr. so who gets the credit?
sierra
39mins club

Post by sierra »

good idea, i've always wanted to know more about this. i have two more interesting cases

freefall shortcut - i thought karlis invented, but i hear now that Martin is the man behind it

ramp frenzy middle shortcut - swos and dz both claim to be inventors, and couldn't reach any agreement when they discussed it
[OMG] | [SpEF] | Apparently my TT was once 39:26:06
dz
first 39tt

Post by dz »

That's the problem, many can say afterwards they had did this and that already but didn't manage to do something for proof, and in the end we can never know - as in ramp frenzy and many many others. The exact factual "occicial" information is just so difficult to state. I don't feel like it's right either if we just look who first made the wr with the style - some people might invent something spectacular and show it to someone else who then takes wr, like mick showed me pipe & slalom alovolt starts long time ago.
Juski
Kuski

Post by Juski »

ye your right dz but just in sierra's case i think karlis's name is martin,
(or is it ky.jelly=masrtin? all thoose K nicks confuse me)
No regrets Image
Are you LOST?
dz
first 39tt

Post by dz »

Hmm... not exactly sure what you mean but martin was someone who played long time ago and not anymore, at least actively. Ky's name just happens to be martin if I remember right, but he hasn't got anything to do with freefall style :)
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

Not in the furthest distance! =)
Martin is that guy from england? 8O
Anyway, practically this idea is way too hard to execute.
Abula
Moposite admin

Post by Abula »

Martin TSC (Team Slätte Crossers), I think.
40:02,71 (151.) | WCup4: 8. | 3x WR | 3x GAA | 11x FEM | KOM | The History of Elasto Mania (1995-2018)