WR and Top100 on Loop-de-loop

Everything about Moposite. Wishes for new sections / updates etc. Please tell all bugs, errors you've found. Help us.

Moderator: Moporators

Coco_

WR and Top100 on Loop-de-loop

Post by Coco_ »

niktata is 1st ( 17:68 ) in WR table but Toringe is 1st ( 17:72 ) in Top 100 on level 14... besides, niktata is not in top 100 !!! what is wrong ?
Rasken
Kuski

Post by Rasken »

Niktata probably has not sent in to the records section after he did the WR.
An another guy (jx) is 2nd in both Sink and Islands in the Sky, but he never sent in to the records section either, just to the WR section. Look at old WR-tables and yuo`ll find him.
Member of team LOS TT=40:59:56
ALP TT=26:21:34
dz
first 39tt
Team: FM

Post by dz »

Yes, the thinhg is, most likely Niktata has not send his state to Abula who updates records. px who updates world records, does not forward states to Abula, as far as I know.

Sometimes when a player gets a world record, he doesn't wish his state to be updated by Abula on records update (if Abula somehow got the state).
petsen
Meetsen

Post by petsen »

such a shame though, cuz it makes the list incorrect as we of course noticed :(
Proud Member Of RDK
Coco_

Post by Coco_ »

I think player who have a world record must update his TT on moposite to make stats more realistics... Because, Top 100 are wrong without some records ! :(
petsen
Meetsen

Post by petsen »

cant force anyone to do so.. he might have some other close to wr times he doesnt wanna reveal cuz he's working on the wr for example..

this is the way its gonna be sadly but thats it.
Proud Member Of RDK
Jalli
Pipe King

Post by Jalli »

dz wrote:px who updates world records, does not forward states to Abula, as far as I know.
He has forwarded mine and toringes earlier at least...
4th position in WC4 (DAMN YOU KARLIS!!!!) PWNED KARLIS IN WC5!!!!TT:39:2x:xx (you've got some playing to do Stini ;) ) When it's all over the question is not who was right. The question is who's left.
Coco_

Post by Coco_ »

petsen wrote:he doesnt wanna reveal cuz he's working on the wr for example..
So, people will know a player is working on a WR... and ? Without his replay, it doesn't matter, no ? If another player know he is working on a level and want to beat him, he could try, but he would not be sure to success...

Then I think it does not matter and state should be updated. But coz I'm not a WR-maker, it is possible I can not understand that...
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

Moved thread to Feedback.
Was it cast for the mass who burn and toil?
Or for the vultures who thirst for blood and oil?
Rules | FAQ
Luther
37mins club
Team: ICE

Post by Luther »

Coco_ wrote:
petsen wrote:he doesnt wanna reveal cuz he's working on the wr for example..
So, people will know a player is working on a WR... and ? Without his replay, it doesn't matter, no ? If another player know he is working on a level and want to beat him, he could try, but he would not be sure to success...

Then I think it does not matter and state should be updated. But coz I'm not a WR-maker, it is possible I can not understand that...
It does matter! If I'm getting a WR on a level I have been playing for some time, then I might have a "good" time on another level "signaling" I'm aiming for another WR as well (eg. might show I'm using a certain style or whatever), which might result in a lot of other people playing that level (which is something you don't want when you're aiming for a WR). So hence, it is good to not always tell all your times in public, which becomes the case when you're updating your state to the Records Section.
Nekit for president
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

But there should be some regulation that will enable to updates states of guys with WR's after a certain period. I don't think niktata is still working on a WR.
petsen
Meetsen

Post by petsen »

dont think it could be a rule to send in your state..
Proud Member Of RDK
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

petsen wrote:dont think it could be a rule to send in your state..
It could be a rule that a year after someone sent his state for a WR and wasn't active on the WR table after that, and hasn't send in in his state to records, px sends that state to abula for updating.
Juski
Kuski

Post by Juski »

Or what about only adding the wr time to the top100 list sand not his whole state?
No regrets Image
Are you LOST?
Memphis
37mins club

Post by Memphis »

Ya when i first came to moposite i found that all very confusing too. there should be some rule like that where they should put his time on the records list. when i first came here i thought that wr were mistaked and records were correct. just makes the whole website more formal i think.
Religious Man
|| TT: 37:47:70 || EX New Wave WR + Animal Farm WR || 24 Canadian Records || TEC Bronze Medal || HHIT in the 37min club || http://elastomaster.tripod.com/
||
Dynamo
38mins club
Team: HHIT

Post by Dynamo »

Ya it makes me feel like a dick when I say I'm 2nd in the world in sink.....I'm really 4th so its like a lie to myself :P
Total Time: 38:35,14
berhabdul
Banned

Post by berhabdul »

HAhahhahha! Maybe the rule of showing ones WR-rec? 8) Don't be silly when someone don't want ones state to be updated its ok
Coco
Kuski

Post by Coco »

THE solution could be to add a status "Show" for each record and to display only thoses for "Show" = true so ranking could be like :

Code: Select all

1. John ...
2. Zweq ...
4. Toringe ...
6. CLoud
Players with 3rd time and 5th time don't want to be known... It would be more realistic...
berhabdul
Banned

Post by berhabdul »

naat :( it;s stupid, Coco
Coco_

Post by Coco_ »

Samir, I think it is more stupid to answer as you did (without arguments)... :wink: Why do you think that :?:

My solution gives the real rank for players who accept to share their times ! Nothing stupid I this idea... Besides it is easy to realize !

I try to make moposite better, nothing else...
berhabdul
Banned

Post by berhabdul »

but it's easy to guess who is hiding at "3."
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

Hm, I dislike the idea of motivating people to hide their times, which this system sort of does.
infected
Kuski
Team: LOS

Post by infected »

Rasken wrote:Niktata probably has not sent in to the records section after he did the WR.
An another guy (jx) is 2nd in both Sink and Islands in the Sky, but he never sent in to the records section either, just to the WR section. Look at old WR-tables and yuo`ll find him.
jx is 4:th in world on islands ;/