if banned..

Everything about Moposite. Wishes for new sections / updates etc. Please tell all bugs, errors you've found. Help us.

Moderator: Moporators

Ramone
50mins club

if banned..

Post by Ramone »

if you get banned... how does it work. can one still send PMs. Can you post as Guest. I don´t know how IP and stuff works.. will the IP get banned so that computer can´t join mopolauta at all. If IP gets banned can someone else log in on that IP/computer and read lauta.

someone (moporator would be nice) please explain how these things works.
Elasto Mania - ez better
s

Post by s »

a normal ban = you cant log into your account (when you do, it says "you have been banned from this forum etc"). so if you are 'logged in', you can't read posts, send pms, anything - you just get the same message. however you can read posts and post in problems forum if you arent logged in.
you can also get your ip banned, if you keep making new users or whatever, and it just gives same message before you even try to log in - you can't read any posts or anything.
Ramone
50mins club

Post by Ramone »

s wrote: however you can read posts and post in problems forum if you arent logged in.
yes. but as guest I will still be able to read all posts.. right?

so there are two kind of bans? one that bans login and one that bans IP.
this means: if my nick "ramone" and that login gets banned anyone can log in with other account from that computer I normally use?
and if I, lets say make tons of new accounts, and get my IP banned, I cant log on at all.. not with any account or even as guest.

Correct?
Elasto Mania - ez better
sierra
39mins club

Post by sierra »

when i was banned, it varied, i think i had to delete cookies before i could read posts
[OMG] | [SpEF] | Apparently my TT was once 39:26:06
s

Post by s »

correct.

if you have auto-login then u need to delete cookie or whatever because when you go to mopolauta site you cant look at anything because you are logged in. and you cant get into log out screen because all screens just say "you have been banned"...

but if you dont have auto-login then you could read posts as guests, or others could log on and read posts, unless your ip is banned. but almost all bans don't come with an ip ban as well, only if new users are created or whatever.
Ramone
50mins club

Post by Ramone »

just good to know

thanks
Elasto Mania - ez better
jw
Kuski
Team: raam65

Post by jw »

ramone, you're up to something bad?