How would YOU organize the mopolauta forums ?

Everything about Moposite. Wishes for new sections / updates etc. Please tell all bugs, errors you've found. Help us.

Moderator: Moporators

dz
first 39tt
Team: FM

How would YOU organize the mopolauta forums ?

Post by dz »

okay so give your opinions.
heres how i would do it, i think it's simple enough, main areas are divided quite logically.

ANNOUNCEMENTS - just like it is.

GENERAL - would consist all the general talkings of the game INCLUDING all new times n stuff like that.

ADVERTISING - just like it is.

PROBLEMS - just like it is.

POLLS - just like it is.

NON-ELMA RELATED - just like it is.
Abula
Moposite admin

Post by Abula »

Some points from a view of the moderator.

Most of you know (at least should know) I'm quite locigal and systematic person. Therefore I never could think a board with only one forum that everything would be mixed in one place.

Not everyone is following this board everyday and reading all posts. Maybe someone is interested in only other people's times or answers for his problems with Elma. For those people (I think most of you are this kind of type, not reading everything) this system is better, I guess.

I write a tiny summary of my thoughts with each forums.

Announcements:
- Mopolauta (Won't be removed. And read it!)

Elma & Across:
- General (I want one forum for general speak of Elma, no advertising nor thread with only [My top10 in Warm up is this: blaa and next post contains next person's times, it's boring to read, at least for people who have been hanging in the scene for years]. The discussion could be a bit more intelligent here.)
- Times & Replays (If this won't be in General so where? Not many other solutions...)
- Advertising could be removed but it's a channel for webmasters and level makers to advertise their job. Moposite news are too slow and tight place. Only the most important news are written on the Moposite main page. Also advertising is quite boring to read sometimes so that's why not to General. And hey, other Elma sites are sort of enemies for us :].
- Problems (I get too much mails to explain every simple thing to newbies thousands times, this is one good way to reduce the number of questions, won't be remved.)

Moposite:
- Feedback (Could be removed. But as a creater of these I myself want to get some feedback. Personally this is one of most interesting forums for me. You can't take off the joy of mine, can you?)
- Polls (Won't be removed.)

Other:
- General (Could be removed.)
- Testing (Could be removed, seems no one is using the possibility to test phpBB settings here but just post the crap tests to the real forums.)

To BarTek: just skip some forums if you are not able to read every forum? Just take some time and try to understand the logic of those all, can't be that hard?
40:02,71 (151.) | WCup4: 8. | 3x WR | 3x GAA | 11x FEM | KOM | The History of Elasto Mania (1995-2018)
Abula
Moposite admin

Re: Kill!

Post by Abula »

BarTek wrote:By this it means that somethimes you have too take away stuff for the better, even though its your own creation and u likley feel u want too keep EVERY little thing u are attached to! Reporters like to write looong articles only the boss cuts away peices of there work somethimes even though it may be the best part the reporter has written, so you see...
Why didn't you say this when you were whining why I don't update your poems, articles etc?
40:02,71 (151.) | WCup4: 8. | 3x WR | 3x GAA | 11x FEM | KOM | The History of Elasto Mania (1995-2018)
ribot
Not banned

Post by ribot »

i think it's a good board and u shouldnt remove anything . if in the future some sections are too small or if u realize some good changes u should fix them .
-
"leader status in the Elma against-the-system underground" - Abula
-
IncrElastoMania - Elma Simulation - Browser Game 2020
Elma Imager - Command Line Tool 2020
Hibernatus
Le pilote

Post by Hibernatus »

MJXII
Kuski

Post by MJXII »

It would be perfect if there was some way that all the categories were still there, but another one was added which just lists everything in all other categories. Tihs way people could choose whether to see messages in their categories or just to see them all. But that would probably be impossible, right?
Abula
Moposite admin

Post by Abula »

It is possible (to list all topics under one forum) but I don't know how. I should take a look to mysql tables and stuff, nah, it's not worth it.
Abula
Moposite admin

Post by Abula »

'Replays and times' -forum has only 3 threads. 'Problems' has 5.. They're under thinking of change.
ribot
Not banned

Post by ribot »

u could have replays and times merged with advertising , and make it "contests replays levels times" or so . cos often contests are related to replays .
-
"leader status in the Elma against-the-system underground" - Abula
-
IncrElastoMania - Elma Simulation - Browser Game 2020
Elma Imager - Command Line Tool 2020
Abula
Moposite admin

Post by Abula »

After a few months I think this system is pretty good. What do you think? Maybe 'Advertising' and 'Replays and times' could be merged but but. Advertising has been the most popular forum so far. Still you haven't got used to it?
dz
first 39tt

Post by dz »

let advertisements be an own area since its full of crap
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

Abula wrote: Advertising has been the most popular forum so far.
Ehh, General is the most popular..

Anyway, I think it works perfectly fine the way it is now.
Was it cast for the mass who burn and toil?
Or for the vultures who thirst for blood and oil?
Rules | FAQ
Abula
Moposite admin

Post by Abula »

SveinR wrote:
Abula wrote: Advertising has been the most popular forum so far.
Ehh, General is the most popular..
Depending on if we look at the number of the posts or the threads. Nevermind.

This silent must mean this way organized system is good. I knew it :].