Upcoming updates

Everything about Moposite. Wishes for new sections / updates etc. Please tell all bugs, errors you've found. Help us.

Moderator: Moporators

psteve
Kuski

Post by psteve »

And people who use alovolt patch get a huge advantage. ALE is available to everyone. It should be used I think.
I am a Flying Spaghetti Monsterian. My God has noodly appendage. The reduction in pirates is the cause of global warming.
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

Well I don't use it, it's too complicated to master that soon, for that time I make a level once in a while.
zworqy
Kuski

Post by zworqy »

Abula wrote:I mean you sort of have to use the ALE to do good in LOM. People who use it get huge advance.
loalz :lol: :lol: :lol:

ALE doesn't magically turn you into Mr ultra cool super designer. All ALE does is let you make your levels faster. If you are a noob levmaker your levs will still be noobish.
<Fihlvein> another case of zworqy-is-always-right closed i guess
<yoosef> zworqy doesnt suck at anything
The_BoneLESS
38mins club
Team: HHIT

Post by The_BoneLESS »

I say that people like BarTek, Olliz, VilleJ, MP, and other great designers can easily beat ALE users without it.

Personnaly, i dislike ALE... the in-game editor works fine.

I don't think ALE ruins LOM, i think ALE is for less manual persons. The editor is fine if you're good to draw with a mouse, for those who can't, there's ALE !
Website || TT:38:05:33 || WC5:15th || HHIT for life || 9th world wide ... BAP is next
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

Question is, can people like those you mentioned make even better levs with ALE, or just faster create them?
ELMA PRO
Banned

Post by ELMA PRO »

tijsjoris wrote:Question is, can people like those you mentioned make even better levs with ALE, or just faster create them?
if they can then wtf is the problem with it, we still have same degree of competition in LOM, but levels are better, which benefits all. to win a LOM you would need to be a good level designer, not just have nive curves and trimmed grass in your levs
Last edited by ELMA PRO on 6 Jan 2005, 02:43, edited 1 time in total.
Juble
Hat tricker

Post by Juble »

I agree ALE is really just a help tool for people who dont have patience with the normal editor. anyone with editor experience can easly make a better product than a "n00b" with ALE. I was kinda looking foward to this years compitition purely because I like designing theme levels _or_ maybe we could have a new custom pack like in the king list where people just send in normal external levels and someone picks out the best ones and puts them in a pack, because it would be nice to see what the latest designers have to offer and maybe a LOM05 subsitute. :)
ville_j
Kuski
Team: IS

Post by ville_j »

And I was considering to participate every LOM this year. About ALE, I think it shouldn't change things much. As others have said, it is available for everyone. Those who want to use it, can, and those who don't want to, can use the normal editor. I will definitely use the old one, never give up on that. I don't also care or think that it is unfair, if someone uses ALE in LOM. Maybe with ALE it is easier to do things but I don't really care. So I'm saying that don't stop LOM because of ALE. If we lev makers don't think it's unfair, then there should be no problem, cuz we are the people who participate the contest, right?
dz
first 39tt
Team: FM

Post by dz »

I don't honestly think that ALE would be really any trouble. After all it really should be the playability which counts most, and you can't create playability specifically with editors, it comes from your imagination. Giving up LOM because of advanced level editors is really stupid, especially when many good designers say that it doesn't even matter and they want to take part to the competition. But I guess it's not all because of that...
teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay »

I think Abula should ne honest with us now. I think either Juble, VilleJ and dz can tell more about the difference with levelmaking in ALE or normal editor rather than Abula.

Come on, ab, it's only the fact that's it too much work, isn't it?
The_BoneLESS
38mins club

Post by The_BoneLESS »

LOM is the best contest on Moposite because :
- Designers can make nice levels
- Players can enjoy excellent levels

I don't think the contest should be removed
Website || TT:38:05:33 || WC5:15th || HHIT for life || 9th world wide ... BAP is next
Boomer
39mins club
Team: LOS

Post by Boomer »

Ah, an update for Wcup 4. Nicely done! :D
Team LOS website

<jaytea> uh milk was invented in 1966
-
<teh_mila> bah, fucked up nice labpro ride cause i almost fell of the chair:)
Crazy
The Höylä

Post by Crazy »

Sunday, 3 March 2002
Kinglist - at 23:00 EET by Abula
Jeppe da king. ZeiZei first under 52mins in losts. Next deadline 22th March. Yep, I can't update earlier.
Oh my, I guess one should've been around in back then. Maybe one should start to play internals. At least they are updated :S
Seriously, can't you (abu) take my clicks into consideration and feel like this: "okiz, nice fella, I update."
Or am I the only one playing Kinglist levs nowadays :(
ARTISTRY is in the eye of the Beholder -||- TT Höylä Mission: 10.48.43 -||- Best Times: Tutorial1 -||- höylä
sierra
39mins club

Post by sierra »

Crazy wrote:
Sunday, 3 March 2002
Jeppe da king. ZeiZei first under 52mins in losts. Next deadline 22th March. Yep, I can't update earlier.
Oh my, I guess one should've been around in back then. Maybe one should start to play internals. At least they are updated :S
Seriously, can't you (abu) take my clicks into consideration and feel like this: "okiz, nice fella, I update."
actually i have a wr on one of those special contest levs that i wouldn't mind seeing on the table :?
[OMG] | [SpEF] | Apparently my TT was once 39:26:06
J-sim
39mins club

Post by J-sim »

sierra wrote:
Crazy wrote:
Sunday, 3 March 2002
actually i have a wr on one of those special contest levs that i wouldn't mind seeing on the table :?
I have a lost wr that i sent before the last update, but it didn't go through sadly... That record is over a year old now, I think.
sierra
39mins club

Post by sierra »

http://www.moposite.com/contests_total_time_in_24h.php

Can't they update this, shouldn't take too long
[OMG] | [SpEF] | Apparently my TT was once 39:26:06
petsen
Meetsen

Post by petsen »

ooh been waiting for records update for a week.. am i the only one loving to study top100list and statistics adn so on ? :P
Proud Member Of RDK
8-ball
39mins club
Team: MiE

Post by 8-ball »

omg gotta send in, I have 100th best TT right now o/
39:37,91

Post by Guest »

i think wr updates are a bit substandard
it would take maybe 5 minutes for px to add news thing which says "sorry no wr update, going on holiday will be back in 2 weeks" or whatever.
and even actual update itself wouldnt take that long.
sux to have to keep checking back when its actually unneccessary
Juski
Kuski

Post by Juski »

it really sux that much to check the WR table once a week? that takes like 5 seconds ;X
No regrets Image
Are you LOST?

Post by Guest »

but what im staying is that it often isnt a once a week thing, so u dont know when to check
Juski
Kuski

Post by Juski »

well you didnt really get my point, if you are only interested in the WRs then come here once a week, if there is news about new WRs then : \o/ Else you have wasted entirely 5 seconds by pressing moposite shortcut and constating it is no new wrs.
No regrets Image
Are you LOST?

Post by Guest »

you are missing my point, as you do so regularly. i am saying that the irregularity of the wr updates, combined with the lack of info in the news updates, makes checking for wrs much more of a hassle than it should be. and that this hassle could be easily avoided by a news update on a sunday by px if he cant update that day, saying when he will have the time to update.

and wtf is constating?
petsen
Meetsen

Post by petsen »

i see your point guest... my xgf does the same when we sms for instance... i write a question and she answers back "sorry be right back just have to eat, ill write u later" instead of writing the answer and saying brb..

constating = realize.... dont think its a actual word though, we just have a similar word in danish
Proud Member Of RDK
Juski
Kuski

Post by Juski »

guest: wat is the difference between coming here and realising the wr table is not updated or coming here reading a line that the wr table is not updated?
No regrets Image
Are you LOST?

Post by Guest »

the line will tell me when the wr table will be updated, so i know when to check back. for example, wrs havent been updated for like 3 weeks or something...if px knew that they werent going to be updated for this long, why didnt he write then that "no updates until x date". as it is now all interested have to keep checking back randomly.
Juski
Kuski

Post by Juski »

well maybe there is no new wrs to update? so you will just have to put up with those extra 5 seconds every week you will waste on checking the wr table.
No regrets Image
Are you LOST?
Dynamo
38mins club

Post by Dynamo »

Goddamn kinglist was updated and Crazy had raped my holya mission time, I dont care cuz I wouldve had the record for like one table and then he'd go rape it then :P
Total Time: 38:35,14
Abula
Moposite admin

Post by Abula »

Guest:

Usually we don't know when we will have time to update. Actually I think px has done quite well in this, compared to me for example. Usually the WRs are updated on Sunday.

Neither I want to promise anything which could confine my normal life.
40:02,71 (151.) | WCup4: 8. | 3x WR | 3x GAA | 11x FEM | KOM | The History of Elasto Mania (1995-2018)

Post by Guest »

abula: thank you for logical and coherent response.

juski: you still never understood the point. i think you are someone who just enjoys an argument, or telling people they are wrong.
Quinn
37mins club

Post by Quinn »

I think moposite needs some more new blood uploading, px and Abula have done good job so far,
but there are just so much to be uploaded. I would like to see Lost Internals, Höylä Mission
etc uploaded more often, and I guess I m not the only one. :?
Otherwise all those lose their intrest, and it would be shame since those are great levels.
Or am I the only one who thinks so?
TT=37.56.09 /Average TT=39.05.16 / Höylä Mission TT: 11.14.13/ X-Double Trouble WR/
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

I guess when they get added to Paprika there will be some kinda auto update so it will be better.
8-ball
39mins club

Post by 8-ball »

Kopaka wrote:I guess when they get added to Paprika there will be some kinda auto update so it will be better.
yea, the same day Duke Nukem Forever comes out
Kopaka
39mins club
Team: LAME

Post by Kopaka »

8-ball wrote:
Kopaka wrote:I guess when they get added to Paprika there will be some kinda auto update so it will be better.
yea, the same day Duke Nukem Forever comes out
That's the beauty of moposite.
The_BoneLESS
38mins club

Post by The_BoneLESS »

Any records update soon ?

or the delay only means that an automatic script is being implemented at this very moment... (!?)
John
first 35tt
Team: WNO

Post by John »

The_BoneLESS wrote:Any records update soon ?

or the delay only means that an automatic script is being implemented at this very moment... (!?)
8-ball
39mins club

Post by 8-ball »

lol yeah right
The_BoneLESS
38mins club

Post by The_BoneLESS »

To repeat myself, is there a record update coming this weekend?

I think i'll send in state anyway on friday, just in case it would happen :wink:

P.S.: I am not putting pressure on anyone, just asked the question in an informative way.
wjelo
Kuski

Post by wjelo »

is the total times update coming any soon, Abula?
cuz it's been like 11 weeks since last one ;/
or won't the update come until paprika is ready? and when...
Kowal
37mins club

Post by Kowal »

wjelo is right, i check the total times section very often and there hasn't been an update for ages... make your lazy ass to do teh, Abula
Image TT: 37:03:04 || 22 Polish Records || 54 WC || Team [EF]
The_BoneLESS
38mins club

Post by The_BoneLESS »

I miss Abula... where has he been?

yes i'd like to see some updates on Moposite (aka paprika) but, i'd firstly like to see him around more often. Been over a month since his last post...

anything happened in his life? or just plain busy with it?
FW
Kuski

Post by FW »

He died in a tragic caraccident.
http://tinyurl.com/yz6ak9 - Home of ANB, FWPP and BO pack
Old nick: Wezz
SveinR
Moporator

Post by SveinR »

The_BoneLESS wrote:I miss Abula... where has he been?

yes i'd like to see some updates on Moposite (aka paprika) but, i'd firstly like to see him around more often. Been over a month since his last post...

He regularly writes in his blog, so if you knew Finnish I guess you'd know what's going on in his life.
Was it cast for the mass who burn and toil?
Or for the vultures who thirst for blood and oil?
Rules | FAQ
The_BoneLESS
38mins club

Post by The_BoneLESS »

SveinR wrote:

He regularly writes in his blog, so if you knew Finnish I guess you'd know what's going on in his life.
would you mind giving me a very brief summary of what's going on ?
Zweq
34mins club

Post by Zweq »

The_BoneLESS wrote:
SveinR wrote:

would you mind giving me a very brief summary of what's going on ?
ok latest post: "Työrintamalla aktiivista
Category: Internet, Education, Travel — Abula at 1:04 EEST in October 4, 2007

Maanantaina alkaa sitten täysipäiväinen web-suunnittelijatyö Oulun yliopiston kirjastossa, joka kestää tosin vain jouluun. "

briefly that means he will start a work as web designer in oulu university library next monday, which will last until christmas

the next 2 topics are some party/sports/drinking stuff

the 4th topic "53. Kirja" is about him having read his 53rd book (since duno when) and it was about the universum

and it goes on, alll that useless crap only faggots do, + writing a blog is the faggerest
Abula
Moposite admin

Post by Abula »

I'm sorry I'm bit inactive but still will be progressing again when more time possible to give for Elma. And Paprika is pretty much up to vk (I think).

What comes to my private life I'm working full-time (also having part-time job elsewhere) but also studing max at the same time. Weekends I spend with gf or do sport/drink.

This weekend I'm doing a big programming exersice alone and now max tired so relaxing some (beer + lauta).
40:02,71 (151.) | WCup4: 8. | 3x WR | 3x GAA | 11x FEM | KOM | The History of Elasto Mania (1995-2018)
wjelo
Kuski

Post by wjelo »

update just came ;D
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

yeah, i hope next update is in one or two weeks :)
thx
TT: 36:59:53 || Avg TT: 38:09:65
The_BoneLESS
38mins club

Post by The_BoneLESS »

Lukazz wrote:yeah, i hope next update is in one or two weeks :)
thx
at least in 2 weeks... and i don't think it'll happen.

maybe i go play some internals again
Lukazz
36mins club

Post by Lukazz »

i didn't know he will update it today, otherwise i would've send my state again
(38.46.60 now)
btw:
nice freefall mr :-O
TT: 36:59:53 || Avg TT: 38:09:65