TV Series that you watch/have seen every episode of

Discuss, argue, whine, talk but not about Elma.

Moderator: Moporators

8-ball
39mins club
Team: MiE

Re: TV Series that you watch/have seen every episode of

Post by 8-ball »

Just wanted to recommend a great app for tracking TV show watching that also sends you notifications on mobile when a new episode comes out!

http://www.tvshowtime.com
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... tvshowtime
https://itunes.apple.com/app/tvshow-tim ... 65232?mt=8

My profile: http://www.tvshowtime.com/en/user/9756078/profile
39:37,91
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

Stranger Things (1 season) - 5/7
Really good. I liked the "collective hero" concept where 4 boys actually blend into one character, each of them adding his bit of personality. Also D&D references were a nice touch. Mysterious, dangerous, funny. Good. I hope they don't screw next season up.

Orphan Black (4 seasons) - 9/10
This is the shit. Again, the leading actor (Tatiana Maslany) is masterfully impersonating several (like 8) different characters, with their accents, mimics, personalities and everything. It took a great deal of dedication to create something like this. Really amazing watch. Plus, the plot is intriguing from the very beginning, and it rolls even more, the deeper you go the rabbit hole. Sometimes it seems a bit overcomplicated, but so far it has really been a great experience. Mix of deadly situations with grotesque humour, tense, sometimes bloody, sometimes aww moments. I was really entertained.
Lee
37mins club

Post by Lee »

I've just started watching Dragon Ball Super. It just recently released in English and is the canonical sequel to DBZ (ignores the events of GT). Anyone else watching it? It seems pretty good so far. It's interesting that we get this after all of these years.

Also, I'm back watching The Walking Dead again. It got quite boring and slow for a while but has picked up again.
Pascal
Kuski

Post by Pascal »

I watch, I am up-to-date and waiting for tomorrow episode. :) So I was pretty disappointed at the beginning, I couldn't really get into the series. Then, circa 30 episode, it started to become interesting and circa 50 episode I was like: "Omg, gimme the next one, I can't wait whole week!". The series introduced some amazing characters (including my new favourite of all time from recent arc) and currently I enjoy it more than ever.

Not everything goes right of course: there are plotholes and violence is reduced to minimum. I don't expect it to be as DBZ, but I miss some blood and literally you don't feel the power in fights. The fights feel rushed and often they are poorly drawn and animated but it gets better after several dozen of episodes. So I think you're gonna like it even more later, the recent arc was the best so far. Keep watching. :)
Lee
37mins club

Post by Lee »

Damn, you've gotten me excited.
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

13 Reasons Why - ugh/10
It has (obviously) 13 episodes, in which a suicided girl talks about people who made her kill herself. She recorded 13 tapes and sent them to those people to listen, then slit her wrists in a bathtub.
It's not terribly made, but at many points it made me go "unngggh". Not terrible acting, but writing is really meh imo. You get so angry at the plot and some characters. After like 5 episodes I didn't want to continue, because it felt like eternity watching teh. Not boring, just annoying as hell.
But after all, it didn't leave me untouched. Imo bullying, depression and suicide in highschool is a topic that needs a (proper) discussion. I just hope that no stupid girl will ever try to mimic this shit.
ile
Kuski

Post by ile »

Suits
Billions
Better Call Saul
Gotham
Prison Break
Silicon Valley
Taboo
oh and the obligatory Game of Thrones

Meh tier series:
Arrow
The Walking dead
ville_j
Kuski
Team: IS

Post by ville_j »

Tigro wrote:13 Reasons Why - ugh/10
Finally managed to finish this myself. I thought it was going to be better but yeah wasn't that good, it became a bit boring and annoying after some episodes. It is based on a book and I can image the story being a lot better when you read it and not witness that kind of a bit cheesy scenes and acting. Don't know how true to the book the series is but some characters' behavior was just stupid and unrealistic. But once again might be more believable in the book when you create more context and thoughts in your head. Despite all this yeah it deals with important stuff and how different people might experience things. And in the end I almost couldn't watch the final episode bathroom scene so instead of an ugh I will give it a 7.
< roopemies> horror and frustrating and can't play, sounds just like you
Beer battle winner 2014 and 2015
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

ville_j wrote:Don't know how true to the book the series is...
Spoiler:

In the book she didn't die. She took pills and mom managed to save her.
ville_j
Kuski
Team: IS

Post by ville_j »

Well that's completely irrelevant to the story I guess.
< roopemies> horror and frustrating and can't play, sounds just like you
Beer battle winner 2014 and 2015
abruzzi
Kuski

Post by abruzzi »

pawq wrote:don't you ever walk away from the tv? ._.

finished: none
started but not finished: none
not started: none
bought: none
heard of: none
lol?: none
quoted once again, imo best attitude

Dragon Ball
Dragon Ball Z
Dragon Ball GT
Prison Break
Family Guy
<Pawq> at a gym you have only 3 options: 1. have your eyes closed, 2. stare at yourself, 3. stare at others, all of which are either super boring or disgusting
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

Limitless - 8/10
I enjoyed watching this TV show very much. All the bizarre projections he had while he was high made me laugh out loud (a.k.a. LOL) several times. Pretty okay-ish story, didn't mind it that much. But his approach and personality, yeah, my cuppa tea.
Hosp
38mins club
Team: MiE

Post by Hosp »

good series too imo, about my list, too many to orka count
ToMaT
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

Just rewatched The IT Crowd, and this TNETENNBA is the real shit. 9/10 because I feld awkward so many times.

Stranger Things 2 - Eleven/10
I love this series. They really made a great effort, deepening the characters, and not pushing it all too hard, so it didn't seem forced plot-wise. Really loved it.
Tigro
Kuski

Post by Tigro »

Also started watching Once Upon a Time, and it's really great. I don't mind all that "true love" stuff, it's a fairy tale after all. And pretty well made. Season 1 is done, proceeding further.

The Young Pope was fun. Watched with my father (who is a preacher) so we enjoyed it quite a bit.

Westworld season 1 was decent. But actually kinda predictable. I supposed how the season would end, and it actually happened. But nice show anyways. I guess I'll spy season 2 once it comes out, because we need to fill the void before GoT 8.

Don't forget: Black Mirror season 4 coming out on 29th. Get stoked.
abruzzi
Kuski

Post by abruzzi »

get a life tigro
<Pawq> at a gym you have only 3 options: 1. have your eyes closed, 2. stare at yourself, 3. stare at others, all of which are either super boring or disgusting
kuchitsu
Kuski

Post by kuchitsu »

Any Monty Python fans here? I'm wondering how long does it usually take for people to get into that show. I've watched 4 episodes so far and at the moment I'm more bewildered than amused by it, and I feel like I can sense something similar in the audience's laughs.
iltsu
37mins club
Team: EF

Post by iltsu »

kuchitsu wrote: 28 Jan 2020, 00:45 Any Monty Python fans here? I'm wondering how long does it usually take for people to get into that show. I've watched 4 episodes so far and at the moment I'm more bewildered than amused by it, and I feel like I can sense something similar in the audience's laughs.
Havent watched series, but monty python and the holy grail movie is great
iCS
Kuski

Post by iCS »

kuchitsu wrote: 28 Jan 2020, 00:45 Any Monty Python fans here? I'm wondering how long does it usually take for people to get into that show. I've watched 4 episodes so far and at the moment I'm more bewildered than amused by it, and I feel like I can sense something similar in the audience's laughs.
Hard to tell, because I've been a fan of this type of humour since forever, seen all Flying Circus episodes many times and still watch random episodes occassionally. Basically it's a type of show that I can watch anytime, any episode. (Terry Gilliam's animations are quite obscure though, sometimes I skip these if too weird.)
There are lots of recurring jokes between different episodes, so it's best to watch all episodes in order, ofc. But they work pretty well as standalone episodes, too.
Audience's laugh is real if I remember correctly (they were watching the actual show).
pawq
38mins club
Team: TR

Post by pawq »

I fucking love the Holy Grail and Life of Brian feature films (max recommended if you haven't seen), but I saw some fragments of teh show and was pretty :|
iCS
Kuski

Post by iCS »

I like the films too, but don't spy them very often. Funny, but I find those less laughable. Flying Circus is much more compact fun for me.

Collected my favourite episodes: 7, 19, 21, 22, 30, 31, 40, 41
Series gets better after the first season and it keeps getting better and better around episode 20 toward the last ones, imo. Although John Cleese quited the show before the last season :S