Mopolauta

Elasto Mania board
It is currently 25 Nov 2017, 03:16

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 59, 60, 61, 62, 63
 Post subject: Re: IMDB votelists
PostPosted: 10 Oct 2017, 00:30 
Kuski

Blade Runner 2049 (2017) - 8/10
It was really good. I dunno what say more. Even the most action packed scene wasn't actually action packed. It was so slow it created great amounts of tension. Very nice camera work, not many cuts, which slowed it even more, and I liked that. In today's world of Marvel ultra CGI fast fights, this was a very welcome feature. Also, it had this cult-ish feel. I sometimes felt like I was watching Ghost in the shell. Gosling had some very neat acting. Nice (zero) facial expressions by him, and overall. Zimmer + some dude nice music. Villeneuve is very quickly becoming my fav director. I watched this with Dune in mind, and after this, I am pretty sure it will be amazing. This is what Dune really needs to be unforgettable. I am starting to get really stoked.
But orka give 9, considering what movies I have in that category. But definitely a great piece. Go spy in cinema, prolly 2D is enough.

PostPosted: 10 Oct 2017, 13:16 
Kuski

Tigro wrote:
Blade Runner 2049 (2017) - 8/10 (...) prolly 2D is enough.
Yes (the cinematographer himself said it's better), BUT go see it in IMAX if you've got the chance. The visual spectacle is well worth the money.

I'll write more of a review later =)

Best Internal Total Times, Pipe stats & Pipe archive
World kuski map, World Cup stats

PostPosted: 11 Oct 2017, 04:04 
Kuski

Spider-man: Homecoming (2017) - 3/10
This was the stupidest Marvel movie I have seen in a long time. Awkward, cliché, not funny, ...
All the characters were flat as Taylor Swift's chest. This Peter's friend Ned, I don't remember more obnoxious movie character. And this Michelle, idc it was played by some Zendaya girl (whoever it is). She was just so bad. Everything was bad. Not 2/10 bad, bud definitely 3/10 bad. Which is shit.

PostPosted: 11 Oct 2017, 11:31 
Kuski

Megan Leavey: 3/10
Pretty bade, Kate Mara horrible actress very dont like. So mega uninteresting on-the-rails nab us war movie, very skippable.

Jerry Before Seinfeld: 5/10
Pretty boring and lame jokes for the most part, some oke, just oke.

The Big Sick: 7/10
duno, kinda dumb and little over the top in some ways, but just kinda enjoyed it anywei. pretty niseoke

Baby Driver: 6/10
Very overrated, too cheesy. Was somewhat entertaining enough, but no idea why so highly praised at all.

Spider-Man: Homecoming: 5/10
Just norm Marvel shit. Predictable gak without much depth. Mebe was just in mood for dumb brainless thing so didn't mind as much.

PostPosted: 11 Oct 2017, 11:58 
Kuski

Tigro wrote:
All the characters were flat as Taylor Swift's chest.
If they were also hot as fuck as much as Taylor Swift then it's gotta be pretty decent!

PostPosted: 11 Oct 2017, 12:55 
Kuski

skint0r wrote:

Baby Driver - 6/10 seems accurate. From me this movie gets the same treatment as In Time. Very nice idea, but at the end of the day, it was performed so badly. Scenes synced into music were really neat, but imo needs cinema to appretiate fully. Other that that though, it was really mediocre. Very basik gak.

PostPosted: 13 Oct 2017, 20:15 
35mins club

The Snowman - 5/10 Quite disappointing =)

PostPosted: 14 Oct 2017, 03:10 
first 35tt

Bjenn wrote:
The Snowman - 5/10 Quite disappointing =)

Agree

PostPosted: 27 Oct 2017, 22:45 
35mins club

Thor: Ragnarok - 9/10
I loved the Hel character!! She almost made two points on her own for me!!!
Really funny throughout the second half of the movie, made good laughs. Well made movie overall, amazeballs!

PostPosted: 31 Oct 2017, 01:26 
Kuski

Thor Ragnarok (2017) - 7/10
Good comedy.

PostPosted: 31 Oct 2017, 02:34 
Kuski

Fright Night: 3/10
Pretty disappointing and dumb... had like some charm since nat mega serious thing and very 80s cult feel, but just not very funny or interesting or engaging or anything at all.

Christina P: Mother Inferior: 5/10
disappointing main mommy material sadly, as much as wanted to like it. pretty meh jokes.

Ari Shaffir: Double Negative: 7/10
Somehow only know man from various podcasts and never saw any of his standup, imagined wouldn't like it very much, but was wrang. Quite funny and worth spy I think.

PostPosted: 1 Nov 2017, 01:50 
first 35tt

Happy Death Day - 6/10
It's not a "good" movie but it's an entertaining one. Had a few lol moments and also very pleasant watch due to charming lead actress.

PostPosted: 1 Nov 2017, 13:48 
Kuski

Hacksaw Ridge (2016): 1/10

kinda off topic: whatefak is going on with imdb? I mean there have been Marvel/Disney/Pixar films in top 250 for quite some time as apparently the films in which the marketing budget doubles or triples the production cost get feeble minded teenagers to rate 10/10 no matter how shitty it is. But Hacksaw Ridge having 8.2/10 and being currently on #173 is the most ridiculous thing I ever heard.

bye bye imdb :(

PostPosted: 1 Nov 2017, 18:27 
Kuski

insane guy wrote:

kinda off topic: whatefak is going on with imdb? I mean there have been Marvel/Disney/Pixar films in top 250 for quite some time as apparently the films in which the marketing budget doubles or triples the production cost get feeble minded teenagers to rate 10/10 no matter how shitty it is. But Hacksaw Ridge having 8.2/10 and being currently on #173 is the most ridiculous thing I ever heard.

what about instead of bashing imdb teenager voters you elaborate on why hacksaw ridge is in your opinion worse than sharknado?

PostPosted: 1 Nov 2017, 22:18 
Kuski

Yes, I'm also curious. I don't consider myself a feeble-minded teenager and I rated it 9, summarising my lauta "review" with "One of the best war films I've seen."

PostPosted: 3 Nov 2017, 22:19 
Kuski

Despicable Me 3: 5/10
oke pretty bade, barely any funeyh/cute things. Enjoyed first and second ones and I'm totally unashamed minions lover, but this was dumb.

Patton Oswalt: Annihilation: 6/10
Some oke funeyh jokes once you get past the initial minutes of overdone Trump jokes

Shot Caller: 6/10
6.5ish mebe, pretty oke enjoyable semi tense prison/gangster thing that had some new things to offer in this genre and pretty well done I guess. Just has some issues with characters being a bit too movie-like as norm so becomes a bit too unbelievable and exaggerated. One of those movs that maybe aren't really that good, but still gets your attention to some degree so worth a spy maybe.

PostPosted: 6 Nov 2017, 14:32 
Kuski

Blackhat (2015) - 4/10
Watching the electricity travel through the transistors in CPU in the beginning of the movie made me want to turn it off and leave the room. I forced myself to watch it whole and it was straight bad. All this movie hacking shit me rage.

Stasis (2017) - 4/10
Very subpar, nothing I would actually want to watch. Why did I watch it, I don't know.

Ares (2016) - 5/10
French movie, a bit better than other two, but still nothing artsy or compelling or somehow worth watching.

PostPosted: 6 Nov 2017, 16:14 
Kuski

Tigro wrote:
insane guy wrote:

what about instead of bashing imdb teenager voters you elaborate on why hacksaw ridge is in your opinion worse than sharknado?

pawq wrote:
Yes, I'm also curious. I don't consider myself a feeble-minded teenager and I rated it 9, summarising my lauta "review" with "One of the best war films I've seen."

Ok sorry, didn't mean to insult anyone because of movie taste. Taste is taste and for my taste Hacksaw Ridge was 1/2 overly corny and predictable love story so cheesy it was dripping to the floor, the other half was a succession of unrealistic slapstick splatter war scenes. I'm not even going into the painful to watch religious stuff and the way they overly stylized some fight scenes that make you feel like "OMG this is so fucking cool! Machine gun slowmotion!"
And: Watefak unrealistic ladder?? Why don't the Japanes just cut it off or throw down bombs? WATEFAK ninja kicking grenade move???

One scene I have to pick out is when that Rambo dude uses a torso of a fallen Japanese soldier as a shield and just runs towards the enemy firing his machine gun with one hand. In another context (or film) this scene would be hilariously funny and super cool. In this movie (which I assume is meant to be anti-war [although it is screaming "WAR IS FUN - GO JOIN THE ARMY" all the time] and somehow based on true events) it has absolutely no place and if the love story hadn't been enough already, they lost me completely at that point.

All the above is my opinion and not meant to insult anyone (except Mel Gibson and his producers).

PostPosted: 6 Nov 2017, 17:08 
Kuski

I didn't feel insulted, just surprised at your reaction :p I agree that some bits were cheesy or idiotically unrealistic, but for me it worked, made a pretty strong impression. Can't elaborate more now cuz watched it some time ago and can't remember the detail. Thanks for elaborating tho!

PostPosted: 12 Nov 2017, 13:55 
Kuski

Loving Vincent - great animated film about the aftermath of Van Gogh's death. Everything is drawn in his style by hand, which must have required thousands and thousands of hours, and the end result is certainly impressive. It's very entertaining too, almost like a detective movie with the main character getting lost in all the conflicting stories he hears about the great painter. And it's very deep and thoughtful, definitely the kind of film that leaves you thinking. Recommended. :)

PostPosted: 14 Nov 2017, 14:57 
first 35tt

The Glass Castle - 6/10
Good acting by Woody but never that intriguing story to me. Brie didnt really convince me. A nice viewing still but I wont see it again.

PostPosted: 19 Nov 2017, 00:56 
Kuski

Justice League (2017) - 6/10
Archvillain seemed stupid. Batman was decent. Superman was barely there. Aquaman was not aqua. Cyborg was underdeveloped. Flash was annoying as hell. Wonder Woman was beautiful, strong and fierce and...

Yep. Pretty much that. If there was not for Gal Gadot, I would have not been entertained at all. At least she is really a woman I can lay my eyes upon.

PostPosted: 19 Nov 2017, 02:31 
first 35tt

Two movies in a day! :o

Awakenings - 8/10
Good acting but quite basic story structure, felt like I knew what was going to happen all the time.

When Marnie Was There - 6/10
I wanted to like it but it lacked that special Ghibli feeling. Still looked great and I could still appreciate the movie as a whole.

PostPosted: 23 Nov 2017, 03:33 
Kuski

Hardcore Henry (2015) - 5/10
5/10 means it's worth spying for some reason. The reason is the 1st person view. That's all there is. Otherwise it's real crap. I was very surprised I saw Tim Roth playing in this.

PostPosted: 23 Nov 2017, 08:02 
Kuski

The Aviator - 7/10 quite nice
Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales - 7/10 i like pirates, seemed like a much less serious film compared to the first 3 tho, enjoyable anyways + Paul McCartney guest appearance
Sherlock Holmes - 7/10
Sherlock Holmes 2 - 6/10
Jerry Seinfeld Comedian - 4/10 I did not really enjoy this and what was that Orny Adams stuff about anyways..
The Big Year - 6/10 didn't suck and was chill enough
The Revenant - 5/10, one of the biggest let downs ever

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 59, 60, 61, 62, 63