What are you doing with your life?

Discuss, argue, whine, talk but not about Elma.

Moderator: Moporators

Hosp
38mins club
Team: MiE

Re: What are you doing with your life?

Post by Hosp » 16 Jul 2018, 00:04

sounds good Tigro imo)
tomat

ArZeNiK
39mins club
Team: Ferrari

Post by ArZeNiK » 16 Jul 2018, 08:31

I thought I could post here too, even though i am only 14 so no really lifish life yet.
8-ball wrote:
2 Jan 2013, 20:37
How's life? What are you doing right now? What do you plan to do tomorrow, in a year, in 10 years?
Are you happy? Content? Could be better?
Where was Elma in your life a year or 5 years ago and where is it now?
1. Life is meh.
2. Rn I am spending my 3-month long school break, mostly in front of the computer. I almost never go outside, mb averagely once in 2 days, that is only norm walking too. I live an unhealthy lifestyle, and I know that.
3. Tomorrow? Dunno, maybe the same. In a year, I plan on losing weight, getting more fit, and getting oke grades (8-10/10) in school. In 10 years, I plan on having probably finished university, getting a norm job, and maybe some family formation in the meantime.
4. Atm I kinda am bc got into school I wanted, and that there is no school now.
5. Not really.
6. Definitely. I could weigh at least 10kg less that I am now, for example. Atm I'm some 171-173 cms and 79kg, mostly fat.
7. A year ago there was no really elma in my life, maybe casually played some externals or rarely internals in Belma offline. 5 years ago I probably didn't even have Belma, just asually played some ints, no real hoyling there. Now it occupies a big part in my life, and maybe that should be changed.
8. I know this isn't a question, but in 1 year the place that elma occupies in my life will be probably reduced to an extent so it doesn't greatly interfere wth my life, just maybe sitting down for one hour or two for some relaxation after a hard day or smth.
Btw, if in some 5 years I won't be lautaing or this post will be dead, someone pls still remind me to post here, maybe life will change then.
I like turtles.

Tigro
Kuski
Team: Valan?

Post by Tigro » 2 Sep 2018, 23:45

So today I moved to Bratislava.

To be honest, moving and going away from a safe space into the completely different and unknown city was a big challenge for me. I had (and kinda still have) a lot of fear. But things are fine here so far. Next days/weeks I'm gonna get some job and keep the master's thesis rolling.

Wish me luck.

John
first 35tt
Team: WNO

Post by John » 24 Feb 2019, 19:39

Feeling stagnant and have been doing so for quite some time. Now I've taken about a month off from work, from march to april, and will be going to Sri Lanka on the 28th of march to solo backpack. Don't know yet if I will stay in Sri Lanka all the time or if I will go somewhere else. So far I've only booked a one way ticket over there but need some sort of a return ticket booked before boarding the plane (for visa reasons). We'll see what happens.

umiz
Kuski

Post by umiz » 24 Feb 2019, 21:03

John wrote:
24 Feb 2019, 19:39
Feeling stagnant and have been doing so for quite some time. Now I've taken about a month off from work, from march to april, and will be going to Sri Lanka on the 28th of march to solo backpack. Don't know yet if I will stay in Sri Lanka all the time or if I will go somewhere else. So far I've only booked a one way ticket over there but need some sort of a return ticket booked before boarding the plane (for visa reasons). We'll see what happens.
Thats brave! I hope you will take some pictures over there. You are great photographer!

My life is much about kids. I have two of 'em. Two boys 3 and 1 years old. It's quite nice! Alot of work but seeing them makes me happy.
My work in the woods is going well, still I dream about being an author and painter for full time. We will see what happens. I like to dream.
[i cruise, i lev, i live]

Bludek
38mins club
Team: CART

Post by Bludek » 25 Feb 2019, 10:53

moved into an apartment with gf. Never lived with a chick before (2 years w/ a friend, before that w/ parents). Will be interesting first few weeks until we settle properly. is fun, tho

Lousku
Kuski
Team: BAP

Post by Lousku » 4 Mar 2019, 16:36

Mainly trying to be a better person socially. Some time ago I gave up all hope of doing anything societally significant with my life, which has been liberating. I'd just like to focus more on having a more positive impact on people around me, and of course trying to be content enough to not kill myself. Of course having a sikly privileged life and support from parents helps.

I often get into an impulsive hothead mode where I blow small arguments out of proportion and just generally act antisocial. Usually I regret these. Other times I'm chill and friendly, but not often enough. There doesn't seem to be any clear trigger for either of these. While I'm in the positive mode, it feels inevitable that I'll fall back the other way soon enough, and I don't know how to prevent that.

I've been trying to pay more attention on mood, so that I can be more aware of its effects. For example if I'm anxious about some specific problem, I can remind myself that this disorder is blowing it out of proportion and very likely a "sober" mind wouldn't be panicking about it.

As for concrete doings, a year ago I got the opportunity to move to my grandparents' old house in the countryside to play drums without bothering anyone. Last summer I grew potatoes here with aeroponics, kind of trendy tech. I don't know about the future of our company, but there are a few possible paths that might be profitable or useful for developing countries, tho yes it sounds megasilly =). In the winter I've been playing csgo with mans and banging drums. Chill.
then again i don't know anything
maybe easier not to think abouut alöl things thought than not things thought ... or something..=?

pawq
39mins club
Team: TR

Post by pawq » 4 Mar 2019, 23:05

Lousku wrote:
4 Mar 2019, 16:36
Mainly trying to be a better person socially. Some time ago I gave up all hope of doing anything societally significant with my life, which has been liberating. I'd just like to focus more on having a more positive impact on people around me, and of course trying to be content enough to not kill myself. Of course having a sikly privileged life and support from parents helps.

I often get into an impulsive hothead mode where I blow small arguments out of proportion and just generally act antisocial. Usually I regret these. Other times I'm chill and friendly, but not often enough. There doesn't seem to be any clear trigger for either of these. While I'm in the positive mode, it feels inevitable that I'll fall back the other way soon enough, and I don't know how to prevent that.

I've been trying to pay more attention on mood, so that I can be more aware of its effects. For example if I'm anxious about some specific problem, I can remind myself that this disorder is blowing it out of proportion and very likely a "sober" mind wouldn't be panicking about it.
Huge, huge HUGE kudos for this. A lot of it is actually aligned pretty well with what I've been focusing on myself with in the last months or so. Will maybe elaborate on it one day but one thing that I also noticed is that consciously deciding not to be obsessed (or even to not care "too" much) about ambition-related stuff was very liberating. Would really like to go out for a bear with you right now!

And growing potatoes with an innovative method that might be useful in developing countries does not sound silly at all, fingers crossed it somehow works out for you!

PS, re "I gave up all hope of doing anything societally significant with my life"; I think this is actually an extremely important statement. Important in that it's not true. There's hardly anything more societally significant than "having a more positive impact on people around" you!!! Remember that! Let's all remember it :)

Lousku
Kuski
Team: BAP

Post by Lousku » 5 Mar 2019, 03:09

pawq wrote:
4 Mar 2019, 23:05
A lot of it is actually aligned pretty well with what I've been focusing on myself with in the last months or so.
Ah nice! Plees do elaborate sometime.
pawq wrote:
And growing potatoes with an innovative method that might be useful in developing countries does not sound silly at all, fingers crossed it somehow works out for you!
Maybe I shouldn't have posted about the damn potatoes here cause I can't share any details yet. I still think the short version sounds superdumb. But thanks. =D
pawq wrote:
There's hardly anything more societally significant than "having a more positive impact on people around" you!!!
I guess by "societally significant" I meant getting an education and a full time job. My role in this company is totally replaceable and so far I've only worked low hours in the summer, so it doesn't feel like I'm pulling my weight in this world. But I agree totally, being a friend is already significant.
then again i don't know anything
maybe easier not to think abouut alöl things thought than not things thought ... or something..=?

teajay
Donator duck

Post by teajay » 10 May 2019, 10:56

Yesterday I decided to check on the current status of the Moposite and the WR's and I was astonished with Warm Up. I still can't figure out how that is possible. I also dove into the history article by Abula and my vanity was very pleased to find myself mentioned and displayed more than once even. To pay back all this effort you guys made in my everlasting absence, I hereby offer you only more of my vanity by telling how my life has changed since December 2016. I've always liked your stories of your real life, perhaps someone enjoys reading about mine. :wink2:
teajay wrote:
30 Dec 2016, 12:02
In December I started out with a new job in our [radio broadcasting ensembles] company on the accountancy devision alongside my other job and by February I will be leaving the stage job and start working in the office exclusively. Then will also be the time to go back to working 4 days a week and having more time for my studies and hobbies: I like to play the guitar still, much of it with the Rocksmith game.
Since then, I have changed to another job again. I now work as a policy officer for the management, taking care of mundane tasks but also chipping in with advise here and there. I see it as a meaningful step in a career towards a higher, preferably management position in the cultural sector here in the Netherlands. I've also found a good division between the working and private life, by working 24 hours a week there and 4 to 8 hours a week for my side job as a tax consultant and bookkeeper. I am also still studying fiscality, but only on the level of attending classes and limiting the preparations to a bare minimum.

In 2016, I was still living in a small home of 37m² with my girlfriend. We actually survived three full years in that hell hole, until we managed to buy a 70m² one-level home with two bedrooms and the same amount of space in garden in the back and a small strip in the front. We are very happy with this find, 5 minutes walk from the train station, 10 minutes away from the centre of Utrecht and 45 minutes of commute time on my bicycle.

I have had only some minor setbacks in my life. Sure, I was a lonely kid at times as a teenager, but don't we all go through that phase? What I mean to say, is that my story may seem that I am spoiled, as I do not have to fight with the demons that some people have to fight with. You never know what the future brings, but as of yet, my life has been amazingly free of despair and negativity. I realise that I am lucky in that respect and I could only wish others the same amount of carelessness.

Just to illustrate that not everything in my life consists of happiness and safe landings, I would like to elaborate on my attempt to break into my own home in 2014, when I broke my heelbone quite severely and was warned prior to the operation that I would never be able to run again. I was stuck in a wheelchair for a full month and walking with clutches another two. It was my own fault, ofcourse, but an unhappy event nonetheless.

Eventhough I was quickly getting used to the idea of not being able to run anymore, I ignore the forecast and slowly tried running again. It took a change of footwear and lots of patience, but after a few years I was getting back to my old level of running at pace of 5 minutes per kilometre, with a trail running half marathon in 2017 in 1h45m37s (Yes, I'm proud of that). My left foot still is not in the shape it used to be, but I somehow found a lot of perseverance and grit in the whole incident. In 2018 I completed my own, organised in private, Iron Man (3.8km swim, 180km cycle, 42.2km run) in 25 hours on my heavy Filibus bicycle: https://images.app.goo.gl/21vyuykZ4edpA2fKA. The taste of the victory of completion felt so good, but the suffering so bad, that I decided that this was the summit of what I could achieve.

And ofcourse, only a little while later I decided to try to complete a double Iron Man this summer. I wouldn't exactly call myself a sportsperson, but I do train quite a bit and try to cycle, jog, swim, and stroll about 2 hours a day. And I feel with that amount of working out I could have a shot at this ridiculous goal of swimming 7.6 km's, cycling 360 km's (on an almost adequate bike this time: https://www.decathlon.nl/p/stadsfiets-v ... 77&c=BLAUW) and completing the trinity of hell with 84.4 km's of running.

I also still play the guitar and jam and gig with my musicologist friends occasionally. All in all my life has been great and I still feel Elma was a wonderful chapter in that, a hobby club with friends from abroad that offered a different perspective than the mainstream at school. It was Elma that thought me computer skills and some English skills and it was Elma that brought me on a road trip to the colder parts of Europe. Perhaps it was Elma that prevented me from exercising regularly and picking up the guitar more often, but those hobbies came back later on with a vengeance and a hoÿling spirit that only Elma could've taught me.

Thank you once again for being there, Moposite, Mopolauta, #across and EOL, and all you guys who partook in it. And best of luck to those who still partake in it. You have my blessings. :beer: