Your height/weight !

Discuss, argue, whine, talk but not about Elma.

Moderator: Moporators

Grace
38mins club
Location: Deep in your Imagination, Twirling your Dreams and Weaving your thoughts.

Re: Your height/weight !

Post by Grace » 8 Apr 2021, 08:44

Grace wrote:
29 Apr 2012, 03:11
Haruhi wrote:1.88m, 62Kg
Am much more muscles now, some more fat too (Got the formings of a belly going on)

1.89m, 74Kg
Quite interesting to read through this topic.

In 2012 -> 2018 I grew all the way to ~197cm tall, and ~107Kg.

Started HRT April 2020 @ those numbers roughly (a lil skinnier) and I am now down to:

185cm, 77Kg

I've also lost about ~1.5-2 sizes in shoe size.

Quite fun to become smoll :) Still getting shorter and lighter, too.
Image Cyberscore! Image
Targets: 6 Legendary, 19 WC, 24 Pro, 5 Good | 37 Australian Records | AvgTT: 40:09:92

milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros » 8 Apr 2021, 16:49

Grace wrote:
8 Apr 2021, 08:44
In 2012 -> 2018 I grew all the way to ~197cm tall, and ~107Kg.
Started HRT April 2020 @ those numbers roughly (a lil skinnier) and I am now down to:
185cm, 77Kg
so you are saying your height decreased by 12cm?
sounds like bullshit to me
[carebox]

Grace
38mins club
Location: Deep in your Imagination, Twirling your Dreams and Weaving your thoughts.

Post by Grace » 9 Apr 2021, 01:43

I am indeed saying that I have shrunk by roughly 12cm.

It's a (quite uncommon) side effect of feminising HRT experienced by transgender girls who are well above average height. I believe it's mainly due to softening of soft tissues surrounding cartilage, particularly in the spinal column, but I've never actually researched it to find out why it happens.

Same reasoning behind foots getting smaller afaik.

My shape is quite interesting now. I have extremely long legs and a quite short torso - if I sit down at a dinner table with some friends, I appear to be quite a bit shorter than the rest of them, but then when I stand up I am still quite tall :)
Image Cyberscore! Image
Targets: 6 Legendary, 19 WC, 24 Pro, 5 Good | 37 Australian Records | AvgTT: 40:09:92

milagros
Cheatless

Post by milagros » 9 Apr 2021, 16:35

i had to google this because your bone lengths stay the same length for another few million years

based on most discussions (such as this one) you can lose a few cm due to fewer muscles or different bending of the spine, but 12cm is way too much
https://www.reddit.com/r/MtF/comments/7 ... ht_on_hrt/
[carebox]

Grace
38mins club

Post by Grace » 11 Apr 2021, 07:21

I'm as surprised as you are. It's nice to not smack my head on doors or low-hanging ceiling attachments anymore :beer:

It's definitely not because of any bone changes. Starting HRT in youth can have some effects on bone shape, particularly in the pelvis/hips, but not at my age. Although, it's a well known side effect that feminising HRT can result in decrease in bone density, so we are often directed to increase calcium uptake etc.

For me it's like 3-4 cm more shortening than anyone else I've ever heard of, but I have quite a few close friends who've also lost a few inches in height. Trans healthcare is changing so rapidly that there really isn't much in the way of strong literature explaining long-term side effects of modern HRT treatments - they are just too new for a solid breadth of literature to have been developed yet. I'm on a very strong anti-androgen (which isn't even available to be prescribed in the US yet, for example) and the effects I've experienced have been beyond the expected changes across the board. I had D-cups in 3 months, as well, which is just about unheard of in literature/previous HRT, but my experiences and those of my friends/peers is suggesting that modern treatments may just be more effective than those that the literature actually covers.
Image Cyberscore! Image